Rustic, Francis's Favorites
300 Via Archimedes
Geyserville, CA 95441Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Rustic, Francis's Favorites
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.franciscoppolawinery.com/
- Phone: (707) 857-1485
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: On Tuesdays Evenings at 5 pm, in Rustic A Tavola welcomes guests to the famiglia from the moment they arrive, complete with servers dressed in vintage Italian costumes and portraying a traditional Italian family through characters and music. A tavola is a casual, family-style dinner with no menus; the chef prepares multiple courses featuring a wide variety of seasonal ingredients and once seated at the table, the dishes begin to arrive. Menu is $39 for adults, $15 for children (12 & under). Drinks not included.
A word from Rustic, Francis's Favorites
Open for lunch and dinner Francis Ford Coppola shares his personal pantheon of recipes at RUSTIC, Francis’s Favorites, the winery’s full-service restaurant. RUSTIC’s menu embraces international as well as traditional Italian dishes, with an emphasis on family-style cooking that features fresh, seasonal ingredients sourced from the property’s organic herb and produce garden. Authentic, Neapolitan-style pizzas are also a specialty. A focal point of the dining room at RUSTIC is the Parrilla (pronounced “pah-REE-jah”), an authentic Argentine grill. Manned by the restaurant’s dedicated Asador, or grill-master, it provides a true South American experience of delicious, wood-grilled meats. RUSTIC offers service in our casual dining room and on an outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards of Alexander Valley. A bar adjacent to the restaurant also serves a full complement of cocktails and an extensive wine and beerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rustic, Francis's Favorites - Best Restaurants in Geyserville ›
Rustic, Francis's Favorites reviews from OpenTable diners
421 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (344)great for outdoor dining (336)special occasion (259)notable wine list (204)great for lunch (199)romantic (189)good for groups (184)fit for foodies (171)neighborhood gem (79)great for brunch (79)kid-friendly (68)hot spot (61)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (23)Show More
- A Tavola TuesdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014We decided to take my husband's parents to A Tavola at Rustic while they are here for Thanksgiving week. The food was excellent, with plenty of variety in the offerings. They asked immediately after seating us if anyone had food allergies, which we did not. They started us off with the special bread that came presented warm in the paper bag, along with three types of appetizers. This was followed by two types of green salads. The pasta dishes, meat dishes, and vegetable dish came next. They offered bread pudding and chocolate mousse for the dessert options. Something to note is the different foods will arrive at different times. For example, there was a long gap between the vegetable and the main entrée type dishes to come around. It was unpredictable what would come around next, which some people may not like. The wait staff showed up in period costume and in character, which was entertaining. There was also a musician who went around and serenaded the tables while playing his accordion. He was very good at it. The dining room is a large open area and is somewhat noisy, so not a great place to have a quiet and intimate conversation. However, it is a great space for celebrations and get-togethers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a charge for cutting a birthday cake- unresonableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014the staff was great - friendly and efficient- ( don't want to write more)Special Features:
- Get rid if the long green eggplant. No flavor.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014Great ambiance, from gift shop to restaurant. Always great service,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingeatbayfoodieDined on 11/22/2014We went to Rustic on some web recommendation because we were staying in Geyserville. For all of the winery's glitter, the food was no more than glorified fast-food. Steak was ok but it came with hard "grilled" vegetables and completely flavorless. The caesar salad looked like it came from a package. And the pizza was nothing special with a flavorless crust. It was cool to see some of the articles from Coppola's sets and the Cabernet that I had was a solid B. However, if you're hoping to be impressed or at least satisfied on the food front, stick with Diavola Pizza or Catelli's or head into Healsburg.
- Perfect Date Night LocationRicoDined on 11/15/2014After searching online for a nice, romantic restaurant for my girlfriend's birthday, the Coppola name rang a bell. As the wine has always been great, the location was excellent for what we wanted. The views cannot be much better, and the ambiance was suited for any occasion. The food and service was outstanding (Nick was our server, who was very kind and informative). Our table was on the outer portion of the pergola, which did not have as much outdoor heater coverage as the inner tables, but the occasional cool breeze was manageable. I would suggest bringing a warm coat on a cool autumn evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Country GemJuliePDined on 11/15/2014Besides the wonderful food, wine & service, the ambiance & view is amazing. I've eaten here many times and each time it gets better! Definitely my favorite "go to" restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls day out!Whatz4DinnerVIPDined on 11/12/20143 of us went in for wine tasting at noon. Jim was delightful! He offered a very educational and fun experience. Lunch at 1230 was perfect. Trey was our server and he made our every request come true. He even made a turtle or of the champagne topper for us a souvenir. We chose to believe he never did that for anyone else but us. Haha. i will return and hopefully the weather will be just as accommodating on our next visit. Thanks Coppola Family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination Winery!traveloversDined on 11/12/2014From the time you enter the massive front gates, you are awed by the gorgeous grounds and stunning buildings; an absolutely beautiful location with a stunning view of the Anderson Valley, especially from the outdoor patio of the restaurant. Wonderful food and excellent service; and if it's a cool day like when we were there, huge overhead heaters keep you warm while you soak in the view. This is unlike any winery we've been to. You are greeted by a Concierge who will give you a map of the grounds and explain the activities of the day. There are Bocce Ball courts, a huge pool with rentable private changing rooms, and Francis Ford Coppolla's movie memorabilia throughout the location. We will most definitely be back. It's a wonderful place to take visitors from out of state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always.CathyCDined on 11/11/2014Any night of the week Rustic is great but Tuesday nights are special. No ordering from the menu, it's just what the chef decides to cook that night served family style. Usually 2 salads, 2 pizza, 3 pastas, 2 or 3 meat dishes and dessert. All for a fixed price of $39 per person. A must do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic honeymoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Food was great. Service exceptional. Lovely outdoor dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine country at it's finestKCantacessiDined on 11/9/2014This was our second trip to Coppola winery but our first time dining at Rustic. What an enjoyable experience. The wait staff were friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. The portions were generous and a terrific value. We chose to dine outside and enjoy the beauty that is Sonoma wine country. We look forward to coming back to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RusticGlennDined on 11/8/2014A great find at the Coppola Winery. The wait staff service was friendly and informative. We ate dinner outside and was a delight with views of the vineyard frontage entrance. Restaurant menu was fairly priced restaurant with great options from the grill. The grounds are beautiful and there is much to see inside as well. Treat yourself to a fantastic experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Bad service, mediocre foodLotsofoptionsVIPDined on 11/8/2014I’ve eaten at Rustic on several occasions and in the past it has been a pleasant experience. This is not fine dining but it was always a great place to bring out of town guests. We had a nice table outside and we were seated on time. This time, we had an oppressive waiter (far too full of himself), the food was generally well below average and we had an interminable wait for our food. Rustic ended up comping us on a portion of the food since it arrived so late---the least they could do.Special Features:
- disney wine countryReservationsVIPDined on 11/8/2014Beautiful and a fun attraction. Food was OK but I am not a foodie. Fun gift shop and memories of his movies. A yes for a go-seeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, average foodEP32Dined on 11/8/2014Variety in the menu. Nice outdoor deck. Our waiter was slow and not attentive. Food was average.Special Features:
- SanPellegrinoSeattleDined on 11/6/2014Our waitstaff Chris was wonderful. All the staff were so attentive and delightful. Best Rack of Lamb I've ever had. The pairing dinner was a great choice.Special Features:
- Just averageTomatoVIPDined on 11/6/2014This is a great place for the setting and for the museum, but the food is only average at best. I have eaten here several times and was hopeful that things had changed but it was still the same. Just average food.Special Features:
- MagicalKL98027Dined on 11/3/2014When bringing out of town guests to Rustic, they are always in awe over the view, the ambiance, the experience. Of course, the food and wine are delicious as is the service, well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014This is a very good restaurant. Great food, location and service. All in our party enjoyed the food with every plate being special. Thanks, Francis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool atmosphere but that's about itdissappointingfromDuluthDined on 11/2/2014The food was less than great unless you are there for pizza. We were hoping for an outstanding dinner. The "habit forming ribs" were really not hardly edible. They were SO tough you couldn't even cut them with a knife, but had to attempt to gnaw them off the bone. The muffaletta was just OK.I've had sandwiches as good at the local grocery deli. This was our last dinner on our vacation. We waited well over an hour to get in. The drinks were mediocre and the food was disappointing. It was a fun place to look around, but that was about it.Special Features:
- Great placewineenthusiastVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have been to the Geyserville/Healdsburg many times over the last 10 years. This place has some of the best food and wine at some of the lowest prices in the area. Well done.Special Features:
- Special afternoonRo4RusticDined on 11/1/2014Rustic restraurant is a wonderful gem, scenic, delicious food, food pairs very with Coppola wines. We LOVE the Copppla Reds. We drive down from Oregon every fall and bring a car full of family for wine tasting and lunch. It's fun to pick out a bottle of wine for lunch. This time we selected a directors cut Zen and had a great lunch outdoor. I was transported to to a Tuscan afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyJocelynDined on 10/31/2014The service is super and staff are very knowledgable about the menu. I dined there once before eating out on the patio where the noise level is down. When you dine inside it is not totally comfortable and too loud for a romantic dinner. The food however is fabulous and I would dine there again provided I would be on the patio. The view is absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!thenryDined on 10/30/2014Had a great meal with great friends! The NY steak was fantastic! Amazing wine choices from both in house and other wineries. Would definitely recommend it for a date night!Special Features:
- Could have been better...dinneroutDined on 10/28/2014We chose this spot to celebrate a birthday... Two of the dishes (Salmon, chicken) were under cooked I could have lived with that, if the rest hadn't occurred. Our waiter had offered to take our groups picture outside and we chose to do this towards the end of dinner as our desert/coffee was being served, when we returned several people were clearing our dessert and coffee's that we hadn't eaten yet, when we asked them to bring them back I was told that we had been there nearly three hours (that's how long the service took!) and that people were waiting for our table! We spent nearly $800.00 on our dinner and I was very disappointed that this was how we were treated...don't think I will be back at least not on a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Rustic - A Tavola on TuesdaynozzydivaVIPDined on 10/28/2014We went on Tuesday, which is "A Tavola" at Rustic. There is no menu. The chef makes the food and it comes to your table. Everything was delicious. This Tuesday was very busy where I'm sure the chef was very busy. This made the evening like in Europe, easy going and enjoy the food. We didn't feel stuffed because of the slowing eating. The other time we came, it was a slow night and the food kept coming where we got full very fast. The food was still good. I liked the slower service because we all were able to talk and enjoy the food and wine. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Say Yes To CoppolasMiranda345Dined on 10/26/2014View - Terrific especially at sunset on the terrace. Food - Outstanding. Prices appropriate for the dishes (not expensive). Had the Mama Coppola Sunday special and it was spectacular. Veal cutlet is hugh. Arrival - Disappointed that we had to wait approx. 5-10 mins for the hostess to appear to greet us for our 5:30 reservation. After hearing our seating preference (outside terrace under the heaters) she again disappeared for another 10 minutes. But hey, it's Healdsburg, relaxed. Service - Main waiter (George) was terrific and knowledgeable. Coppola Directors Merlot Wine was really good and so reasonably priced. Overall, wonderful food, wine, view, service and fun with friends. Highly recommend you try it. We will be back.Special Features:
- We love Coppola!PumpkinsDined on 10/26/2014Who doesn't love to go to Coppola! And if your lucky you might spot Francis mingling with the locals......As I did this summer!😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we expected and more!DrPhilDined on 10/24/2014What a fantastic time! Our plane was on time but our drive was crazy busy (rush hour on Friday!). We missed our wine and bottling tour but the staff was so kind they squeezed us in a half hour before it was over. Erica was our hostess and WOW, She was awesome. Ever attentive making sure our reservations were confirmed as we sat back and enjoyed our tastings. Herb in the gift shop was also on his game making sure we had no room in our suitcase for anything but Coppola souvenirs. Dinner was a wonderful surprise. The food was amazing! The lamb was made to perfection. The pizza. The best we have ever had. We will definitely be back and this time be there to stay longer. I wish there was a resort attached. Then we wouldn't have to drive.Special Features:
- Even better than I hopedSushiLoverVIPDined on 10/24/2014I had the rigatoni and meatballs and my husband had the calzone. We were staying in the Marriott Napa hotel with no microwave but it was SO GOOD we took the leftovers anyway. OMG if I could make those meatballs! I've been scouring the internet for the recipes. Service was excellent and we dined outside. Incredible experience with great food, wine and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very touristymanfrommdVIPDined on 10/21/2014Very touristy, but if you're a tourist, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Don't expect fantastic food, but it's a fun experience. The Coppola Winery is worth the trip, sort of a mini museum to the great Francis Ford Coppola films. If you go for the food alone, you'll probably be disappointed. But if you go for the overall experience, then you'll have a good time.Special Features:
- Like an Italian family dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014If you leave hungry, you did something wrong. Delicious food and lots of it. Great service and of course great wine. The Tuesday night event is the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!FoodieWannabeDined on 10/19/2014Our server, William, was awesome! He was very friendly and attentive to our group. We were out celebrating my parent's 40th wedding anniversary and he did a great job at helping us celebrate the occasion. We had two small children in our party and he was very interactive with them and went along with their imaginations! The food was delicious and the environment was great. I would definitely recommend this spot as a great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boring BraciolejjhmanDined on 10/19/2014We've eaten at Rustic several times and always enjoy the ambiente and, usually, the food. This past Sunday we ordered the Braciole and were genuinely apalled at the entree. It was advertised as a Coppola family favorite of thin sliced beef rolled around (unspecified) ingredients. What we were served was a bowl of pasta with what looked like a micro hors d'oeuvre of beef alongside the bowl of pasta. Since my wife and I were sharing the entree we each "enjoyed" less than a tablespoon of the meat and whatever. I feel ripped off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My wife's birthday was great and I would go back againSpecial Features:
- Celebrating our AnniversarymikelynDined on 10/16/2014We love dining at Rustic for the delicious food with its lovely presentation, friendly personable service, comfortable ambiance combined with the beautiful view of the vineyards. We return specifically for the Short Ribs Argentine Style and the Rack of Lamb Madame Bali paired with the Coppola wines. It's the perfect romantic place for celebrating our special occasion.Special Features:
- TAVOLA!SamdamanDined on 10/14/2014It's just like an Italian version of Chinese dim sum where the servers walk around and give you choice morsels of food. Only good for Tuesday night but it was a charming evening with the accordion playing.Special Features:
- Amazing!YummyDined on 10/12/2014We had the most amazing meal of our entire journey at Rustic. The food, the atmosphere and our waiter (Will) all combined to make our special evening just that! We will be back.Special Features:
- Locals love it, great for visitorsavfanDined on 10/12/2014We are local and enjoy Rustic for a casual lunch, special evening or bringing visitors. The food was great as usual, view remarkable and east coast family loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Celebration!NebraskaDined on 10/11/2014We had a wonderful experience. We sat at a table outside overlooking the vineyard. Three of us took our waiter's recommendation and really enjoyed the Rack of Lamb Madame Bali. The other folks in our party had the Grilled Salmon, Veal Chop and Chicken Mattone, all thought the food was good. We had hoped for the Braciole with Rigatoni Meat Ragu, but it was not available. The Zeppole was a real treat. Our only disappointment, was that as the sun was setting, other guests stood near our table, blocking our view of the sunset. But we didn't let that spoil our evening. What really made our night was the great service and unexpected special touches. The manager and wait staff made this an experience none of us will ever forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.