Rustic, Francis's Favorites
300 Via Archimedes
Geyserville, CA 95441Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Rustic, Francis's Favorites
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.franciscoppolawinery.com/
- Phone: 7078571485
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: On Tuesdays Evenings at 5 pm, in Rustic A Tavola welcomes guests to the famiglia from the moment they arrive, complete with servers dressed in vintage Italian costumes and portraying a traditional Italian family through characters and music. A tavola is a casual, family-style dinner with no menus; the chef prepares multiple courses featuring a wide variety of seasonal ingredients and once seated at the table, the dishes begin to arrive. Menu is $39 for adults, $15 for children (12 & under). Drinks not included.
A word from Rustic, Francis's Favorites
Open for lunch and dinner Francis Ford Coppola shares his personal pantheon of recipes at RUSTIC, Francis’s Favorites, the winery’s full-service restaurant. RUSTIC’s menu embraces international as well as traditional Italian dishes, with an emphasis on family-style cooking that features fresh, seasonal ingredients sourced from the property’s organic herb and produce garden. Authentic, Neapolitan-style pizzas are also a specialty. A focal point of the dining room at RUSTIC is the Parrilla (pronounced “pah-REE-jah”), an authentic Argentine grill. Manned by the restaurant’s dedicated Asador, or grill-master, it provides a true South American experience of delicious, wood-grilled meats. RUSTIC offers service in our casual dining room and on an outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards of Alexander Valley. A bar adjacent to the restaurant also serves a full complement of cocktails and an extensive wine and beerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rustic, Francis's Favorites - Best Restaurants in Geyserville ›
Rustic, Francis's Favorites reviews from OpenTable diners
469 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (393)great for outdoor dining (379)special occasion (275)notable wine list (224)romantic (212)great for lunch (210)fit for foodies (188)good for groups (181)neighborhood gem (83)great for brunch (78)kid-friendly (75)hot spot (67)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (20)Show More
- Very touristymanfrommdVIPDined on 10/21/2014Very touristy, but if you're a tourist, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Don't expect fantastic food, but it's a fun experience. The Coppola Winery is worth the trip, sort of a mini museum to the great Francis Ford Coppola films. If you go for the food alone, you'll probably be disappointed. But if you go for the overall experience, then you'll have a good time.Special Features:
- Like an Italian family dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014If you leave hungry, you did something wrong. Delicious food and lots of it. Great service and of course great wine. The Tuesday night event is the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boring BraciolejjhmanDined on 10/19/2014We've eaten at Rustic several times and always enjoy the ambiente and, usually, the food. This past Sunday we ordered the Braciole and were genuinely apalled at the entree. It was advertised as a Coppola family favorite of thin sliced beef rolled around (unspecified) ingredients. What we were served was a bowl of pasta with what looked like a micro hors d'oeuvre of beef alongside the bowl of pasta. Since my wife and I were sharing the entree we each "enjoyed" less than a tablespoon of the meat and whatever. I feel ripped off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My wife's birthday was great and I would go back againSpecial Features:
- Celebrating our AnniversarymikelynDined on 10/16/2014We love dining at Rustic for the delicious food with its lovely presentation, friendly personable service, comfortable ambiance combined with the beautiful view of the vineyards. We return specifically for the Short Ribs Argentine Style and the Rack of Lamb Madame Bali paired with the Coppola wines. It's the perfect romantic place for celebrating our special occasion.Special Features:
- TAVOLA!SamdamanDined on 10/14/2014It's just like an Italian version of Chinese dim sum where the servers walk around and give you choice morsels of food. Only good for Tuesday night but it was a charming evening with the accordion playing.Special Features:
- Amazing!YummyDined on 10/12/2014We had the most amazing meal of our entire journey at Rustic. The food, the atmosphere and our waiter (Will) all combined to make our special evening just that! We will be back.Special Features:
- Locals love it, great for visitorsavfanDined on 10/12/2014We are local and enjoy Rustic for a casual lunch, special evening or bringing visitors. The food was great as usual, view remarkable and east coast family loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect tasting menuBronwyn309Dined on 10/10/2014We very much Enjoyed our trip to Rustic, Francis's Favorites. The wines paired with the tasting menu were spot on. At the time we were there, it was very busy and truthfully, we felt the waiter was either overwhelmed or kept forgetting about us. It wasn't really enough to ruin the evening, just enough to make us wonder where he was. Can't beat the setting, and it's one of the few places in wine country where you can get a cocktail before dinner because they have a full bar. Quite possibly the best martini I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views and great foodPattyDined on 10/10/2014Outdoor dining patio is charming, food is always good. We had a lovely table for two by the railing but in back so private. Love the food and the setting.Special Features:
- Great Autumn LunchAni1Dined on 10/10/2014This was our second meal at Rustic. It was a terrific choice to entertain our visiting son for lunch. We ate on the patio and enjoyed the view of the fall colors in the vineyard and hills. We ordered a variety of dishes to share from the eclectic offerings on the menu. The informal ambiance and scenic setting made for a very enjoyable time. Staff is helpful, attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonCheriDined on 10/9/2014I have been here at least 10 times.....Never had a better meal..Am going back on the 24th with a friend who has never been there.The pizza could not have been better.....I do love the Sophia bubbly and the Gia........It is 40minutes from my house but most of the people there had flown from the other side of the country or the world!Special Features:
- Pretty, but very commercialOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/8/2014Had a very commercial, amusement park feel to it. It was fun looking at the memorabilia, but the dining experience did not have the quaint feeling that I enjoyed at other restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Can't wait to reurn!lunchbunchDined on 10/8/2014I have lived in Mendocino County for 60 years. This was my first visit to Rustic. Also a first for 2 of my dear friends that were dining with me. We all loved every bit of our afternoon. Our server was exceptional. The appetizers & lunch was perfect. We thoroughly enjoyed the displays of Mr. Coppola's movies. We wandered around the grounds oohing & aaahing at everything! One of our usual Wednesday lunch partners was absent this day. We can't wait to return so she can enjoy the experience as much as we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in hyena valleyJackDined on 10/8/2014Beautiful setting, great service...and outstanding food.Special Features:
- Lively and funNanciDined on 10/7/2014Rustic on the Tuesday night "Tavola" night (family style serving) was fun and worth the price. Fifteen different food items were offered to us, and we could have as much or little as we wanted as they were served onto our plates. The food was indeed "rustic" and not gourmet, but fresh, well seasoned and tasty. There were no vegetables offered unfortunately, except 2 heavily dressed salads. The waiters were wonderful and played along. Cocktails from the uncrowded bar were $10+ but good and they pour a decent Coppola wine at the table from bottles. All in all it was really fun and an amazing venue with some movie props to see! I noticed several very large groups on long tables who looked to be having a wonderful time. I would like to go back!Special Features:
- Fun place - food sub parLyndonVIPDined on 10/7/2014We did the no menu theme night. Very fun atmosphere. Great staff but food was slow and very average.Special Features:
- Tuesday Night DiningDickDined on 10/7/2014On Tuesday nights this restaurant features "Tavola" or family style dining. I would not recommend this as the food was mediocre and the service was really slow! It was a long time between individual food courses. For the price $39.00 per person, the food quality was less than expected. In my opinion, we could have gotten the same quality and quantity of food at any buffet for a lot less money. However the atmosphere was worth something, I just wish we were able to be there on a different night. Due to traveling restrictions we were only in that area on Tuesday.Special Features:
- Great Spot!Mabry3Dined on 10/7/2014We went to Rustic for my husband's Birthday this year. We had never been before. He had a ball as did our daughter and I. The food was wonderful and plenty of it. The service was great. The theme of the restaurant for the night was being with a big family. It was magical. They also had live music and a singer. It was more than we expected. The night was lovely and my husband said that it was one of his best Birthdays ever.Special Features:
- John444Dined on 10/7/2014The food was awful. The only descent food was the caesar salad. Other than that, Yuck. Couldn't wait to get out pf there. Never got check and just left cash on table.
- A must stop if you visit SonomaRMarieJDined on 10/7/2014Rustic is always a stop for us when we spend the day in Sonoma/Napa. My husband and I dream about the lamb shanks in between visits and the Caesar salad is phenomenal. I've never had a dish I didn't like. If you sit on the balcony, the view is unparalleled. We also like to spend a few hours at the winery sitting by the pool, doing tastings and doing the tour. It's a really fun stop overall.Special Features:
- foodnutDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful staff! The food was excellent as usual and was served by pleasant people. The timing on the service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Loved our experiencewinefoodiesDined on 10/4/2014We made reservations for two and the night will phenomenally! We had a blast with our waiter, who was very informative and really enjoyed the food and wine! We will definitely be visiting again very soon!Special Features:
- great scenic viewviewsDined on 10/4/2014friendly atmosphere and wonderful view. nice staff good food great place to take out of town visitorsSpecial Features:
- Awesome place great food!WineNDineDined on 10/4/2014We had an enjoyable lunch, the food was superb, and wine was awesome. Our waitress Stephanie was wonderful and made us feel at home. Will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencefoodloverDined on 10/4/2014The food, service and the beautiful view make this restaurant a favorite with my friends and family.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceVerdict3Dined on 10/3/2014Awesome food! Awesome service! It's a great place for any occasion. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place to goSunshineDined on 10/3/2014Great wine tasting...good food...good view...must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to try wine & foodbdpmVIPDined on 10/3/2014I chose to have the 3 course meal with wine pairing. Great value and food was off the menu. Just superSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this.Mid4westDined on 10/2/2014We're had a group of 4 dining together and had an outside table with a beautiful view. Our waiter was attentive and the food was delicious. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic RestaurantHistoricalWriterDined on 10/2/2014This is our third visit to the restaurant and it never fails providing us with a memorable experience. The views from the winery are amazing and the food stands out from other restaurants all on its own... just like Coppola's wines. The service is very friendly and respectful and they do go beyond the norm to serve you. We have designated this restaurant as our "go to" for family outings and an add-on whenever we are in the area.Special Features:
- AnniversaryFoodloversDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I spent our 26th anniversary here as we just moved up from Southern California and wanted to go somewhere special for our first night out. What a wonderful experience. We did the tasting menu and we were very happy with each course along with the wines that were paired with it. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite places but ...BbashVIPDined on 10/1/2014had a steak that was not up to par. Last time we were there it was phenomenal. The other dinners, drinks, apps and dessert were all great.Special Features:
- Excellent for outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Outstading location to have a relaxing, delicious, outdoor lunch with friends. We asked for the entres to be served family style so we could all enjoy a taste of all the wonderful dishes. The ambience on the patio is fun and relaxing. Enjoying our meals while looking out over the vineyards was a memorable exeperienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!luckyvirgo66Dined on 9/30/2014Tuesday night 'a tavola' is a great way to experience Rustic. The chef prepares a variety of meals and sends them out to your table. The surprises keep coming. Perfect for two or a larger group. They also have vino to accompany the different courses. Everything was delicious. If you wanted seconds, all you had to do was ask. We arrived about an hour earlier so we could view all the movie memorabilia- i.e. The Tucker, the famous God Father desk etc. This was a fun night. I recommend joining their wine club. Members get a nice discount too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to above averagExpectbetterDined on 9/30/2014We were a little disapointed with the choice of food. We where expecting more pasta being Godfather themeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as alwaysWindsorDined on 9/30/2014Brought friends from out of town. They were very impressed with the whole day. All of Mr. Coppola's awards, the Cooper, the wines and mostly our lunch on the terrace. Our server Bob made the day special with the way he help us with suggestions and his friendly personality.Special Features:
- Consistently great!SusanVIPDined on 9/29/2014As always, the food was terrific! If you like salmon, you owe it to yourself to get it next time you're in. It's DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the the Rustic and we couldn't have picked a better restaurant for that. The views, food, wine and staff were all amazing and I recommend this spot to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning View, wonderful service!mjloves2winendineDined on 9/28/2014We had a wonderful experience at Rustic. This is an incredibly picturesque place, especially if you sit outside. The food was creative, but even more so was the wonderful tolerant server that we had. We had two vegans and one vegetarian in our party, and they were very nice about letting them make minor changes to the menu. We ordered Frances Ford Coppola wines only, and they were also perfect for the meal. We had time to linger, so no one was pressuring us to finish. This would be a top place to go to for lunch in Sonoma County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.