Rustic, Francis's Favorites
300 Via Archimedes
Geyserville, CA 95441Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Rustic, Francis's Favorites
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.franciscoppolawinery.com/
- Phone: 7078571485
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rustic, Francis's Favorites
Open for lunch and dinner Francis Ford Coppola shares his personal pantheon of recipes at RUSTIC, Francis’s Favorites, the winery’s full-service restaurant. RUSTIC’s menu embraces international as well as traditional Italian dishes, with an emphasis on family-style cooking that features fresh, seasonal ingredients sourced from the property’s organic herb and produce garden. Authentic, Neapolitan-style pizzas are also a specialty. A focal point of the dining room at RUSTIC is the Parrilla (pronounced “pah-REE-jah”), an authentic Argentine grill. Manned by the restaurant’s dedicated Asador, or grill-master, it provides a true South American experience of delicious, wood-grilled meats. RUSTIC offers service in our casual dining room and on an outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards of Alexander Valley. A bar adjacent to the restaurant also serves a full complement of cocktails and an extensive wine and beerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rustic, Francis's Favorites - Best Restaurants in Geyserville ›
Rustic, Francis's Favorites reviews from OpenTable diners
443 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (387)great for outdoor dining (366)special occasion (267)great for lunch (232)romantic (216)notable wine list (190)good for groups (168)fit for foodies (166)great for brunch (97)kid-friendly (84)neighborhood gem (76)hot spot (57)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (17)Show More
- Food was served cold.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014We had the porterhouse steak. The waiter really talked it up. We ordered it medium rare as we always do. 1. Our food came out and we did not have plates to put it on. 2. Our meat was at best luke warm. 3. Some of the meat was raw. 4. Our waiter never came back to our table to check on us until we had finished. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Slowest entree delivery everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014We were really looking forward to Rustic for a nice romantic dinner. Started off very well with the appetizer and salad then... We waited over 1 hour for our entree! Dinner took over 2.5 hours!! Since we wanted a nice romantic view of the vineyard, we were seated outdoors along the perimeter wall of the patio. While we waited and waited, the temperature dropped about 20 degrees as it does in this part of California. Waiter was serving many tables, including a large party and came by twice to apologize during that time. Another server noticed that my wife was using her napkin as a shawl and brought her a blanket. Finally, yet another waiter came by and moved us to a table by a heater. Meal was good. Experience not so good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/18/2014Great view and good meal outside on magnificent veranda. You take a chance eating outside for dinner--it can get chilly, and it did, so we moved inside. Best for lunch outside, dinner in. Must go. Dinner or lunch is just part of the whole experience of visiting this entire "movie set".Special Features:
- Lovely place to unwindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014A group of us that formerly worked together met after 20 years. My friends particularly loved the museums. Our outside dining was relaxed with great service, wonderful views of the vineyards, and delightful wine selections. This was their first visit; I am a member of the wine club and have eaten here before. I thought the food was just okay, not excellent as in the past. We didn't get a glass of wine for members as in the past so wonder if this portion of the experience has been eliminated. I must note that reservations were handled professionally and were as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braciole is the dishMissPickyDined on 8/17/2014We had been here twice before but always during the week. They serve braciole only on Sunday. This is a dish that my mother-in-law used to make years ago and I was very much looking forward to it. It didn't disappoint. Other people had the short ribs, the rack of lamb, and a chicken dish. All were very good. The desserts weren't particularly tempting so we skipped that course. We were lucky enough to get a table outside, always a lovely view and nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love RusticRickyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We live nearby and treat Rustic as our clubhouse, so easy to bring guests to, and always excellent. Try to sit outside for world class views with your meal. We even saw Francis himself enjoying lunch Sunday...the man knows how to liveSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014When we have company from out of town or if we just want to have a nice, relaxing lunch...we always enjoy Rustic! Chris has been our server for a number of times and he is always great...very helpful and knowledgeable!Special Features:
- Superb Service and great foodKirkDined on 8/16/2014Every time we entertain out-of-state friends who are visiting the wine country for the first time, we take them the Rustic for lunch. We've been there about 10 times. Every visit has been a pleasurable experience for all of us. Great food, wine, and the staff has always been superb. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine country diningdotdotdotDined on 8/15/2014There was a fixe prixe lunch menu but the entree choices were not as enticing as the regular ala carte menu. The three of us opt to order 3 different entrees + a salad and shared them all. We enjoyed our time @Rustic's dining room and the memorabilia galleries.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningbeachprofDined on 8/14/2014Visting friends in the Santa Rosa area and we searched for a nighttime dinner at a winery. There are not many to be found, that were also available, and luckily Rustic had a table. It was so beautiful and the food was exactly what we wanted. Steak cooked perfectly, pasta and pizza both were excellent and of course the wine was delicious. The great part was the view from the patio. It was so relaxing and we had a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014The food was good,except the chiken sauteu. Their appetizer (olives) was delisious. The portion of lamb was huge, it can easy fit 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014We were disappointed to find that Kendell-Jackson wines were not represented on your wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Views and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed a great lunch on the outdoor patio. Food was perfect, service was wonderful, a great time was had by our table. We love The Rustic and bring all our friends and family to enjoy it.Special Features:
- Dinner at RusticThierryDined on 8/13/2014Spectacular location, setting and view. Very professional, kind and helpful service. The menu is extremely original, and is made of personal choices of Coppola. All the dishes we had were authentic, perfectly prepared and served. We had great wines (from Coppola’s winery). Wonderful dinner! Very affordable.Special Features:
- JorgeDined on 8/13/2014The food was excellent, the entire facility is beautiful. I will be back.Special Features:
- 10th year wedding anniversaryStubbsDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I are from Canada and were celebrating our 10th year wedding anniversary. Staff was very accommodating and winery and restaurant were perfect. Thank you for a great afternoon and evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014Dinner after wine tasting and a walk through the movie memorabilia was perfect. We were seated as requested at a lovely outdoor table overlooking the magnificent vineyard. Our server Adam was most helpful in assisting us as we selected our dinner options. The entire wait staff was efficient and friendly. Our food was excellent. We shared the zucchini and enjoyed our salads. Our entrees were the lemon chicken and the ribs and each were cooked to perfection. The dessert menu looked delicious, but we were full from this lovely meal. We were not rushed and enjoyed the ambience as much as the dinner. We were quite pleased with the entire Francis Ford Coppolla experience and would gladly return when we are in the area.Special Features:
- We love Rustic.luv2dineDined on 8/13/2014Love the zucchini fries...... We have taken all our friends and family to Rustic over the years and its consistently consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with views....AgemDined on 8/12/2014Great dining with beautiful views.....they have large outdoor dining with scenic views or seating inside. Perfect for large groups, special occasions. Tuesday nights offer family style dining with no menu ..... a roaming musician playing the accordian and singing opera ... always a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Critica de la tavolaGummibearDined on 8/12/2014I enjoyed the 12 or so courses, found the food seriously delicious, in fact, one dish was the best I have had, (in > 50 years of dining). The service was enthusiastic, and attentive to detail. The music added some nostaglia, the one dissonant feature was the high noise level of the setting, but it IS family style, and families make noise! For this menu, you must sit indoors, so if noise is that important, book another night and sit outdoors with the expansive rural views, to enjoy the good food. I am local so have eaten there many times, and return for the good food and lovely outdoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an amazing time!!gmassuntableDined on 8/12/2014Having grown up at an Italian family I have had many meals (many, many) at my G'mas Sunday table. With 3 long tables set up in the basement, sometimes up to 30 people for dinner and the best food cooked by 3-4 little Italian women. However, nothing prepared me for the fun, frivolity, and food that was last Tuesday night!! The aroma when my sister and I walked in was wonderful and made the anticipation of each course stimulating! When my brother and his wife come out to visit us in Oct, we will be coming with about 15 in our party and will be prepared for another raucous time! Accordion player was a nice touch with an amazing voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectationsCaliDined on 8/12/2014We expected Italian period apparel, but it was more of a speakeasy look. There is a lot of food, but it was very mediocre. We have always enjoyed the regular menu, but this fell far short.
- winegalDined on 8/11/2014Always a great experience. Food, service and ambience are always a cut above most fine dining locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!srvernaDined on 8/9/2014The food, ambiance and service was simple awesome! The staff was even able to get us in a little earlier than our reservation even on a very busy night.Special Features:
- RobertVIPDined on 8/9/2014A very loud forsom next to our table. We could hardly communicate with our waiter or talk to one another, When they finally left, the noise level was fine. The food was as good as it gets. The rack of lamb was outstanding. We shall return.Special Features:
- Good FoodambianceiskeyDined on 8/9/2014the quality of the food was very good....if you want romantic...there is better choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedtravellingladyDined on 8/9/2014I made a reservation 1 month in advance to celebrate 30th anniversary...Did this online from NY. Pictured on the website is this lovely outdoor patio..I knew this was where I wanted to have dinner. When we arrived we were told by the young ladies at the podium outside seating was full. Explaining my situation and how we were looking forward to this trip for quite sometime, our anniversary, willing to wait as long as it takes to get a table, etc, fell on deaf ears..They were not sympathetic in the least. Think this was handled poorly. How would anyone know that even if you have a reservation it does not mean you have the option of sitting outside.
- Gorgeous view!AzSandyDined on 8/9/2014Excellent view, ambiance and setting. Wow! The good and wine were great and the service was commendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choice spotgreat4lunchDined on 8/9/2014Outside dining is superb! The service was excellent, the personnel obviously have been taught to be very attentive to the guests. Daytime view of the valley is great even though there was smoke against the hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic feel with a casual sideDinnerfor2Dined on 8/8/2014Very romantic, special occasion feel to it. Very casual and fun atmosphere. Staff was very friendly and very informative of the menu. Great views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014What a great place! The food was excellent, view spectacular, and service exceptional. This is a place we will definitely recommend.Special Features:
- It can be great for Outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We have a reservation but sadly we became a place inside, outside is great, inside is ok but we came for Diner with view. Overall its good.Special Features:
- A great nightLTwindsoriteDined on 8/8/2014We have enjoyed Rustic for many years. The excellent cocktails, fantastic setting and unique grounds made in very enjoyable. I must say that our most recent visit there was one of our best ever. The restaurant has a new manager with extensive wine country experience and I think the overall consistency and taste of the food is better than ever. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great sceneryirishdaneDined on 8/7/2014spent our 10 year anniversary here. great ambiance with excellent view of the vineyards out on the patio. Service was spot on and even gave us a special desert on the house to celebrate our occasion. Food was great and quality was great. overall, we really enjoyed ourselves and even had fun looking at the movie history stuff in the main hall as well. Go, you wont be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "An offer we couldn't refuse"BanditDined on 8/7/2014First time in CA wine country, also a huge fan the the Godfather movies so we just had to eat at Rustic, Francis Ford Coppola's restaurant attached to the winery that bears his name. (For those of you who don't know, he was the Director of the movies). We asked for a scenic view and got it. We wanted delicious food-no problem. Everything was delicious! And how could you go wrong with the wine? Exceptional! The only con was that the waiter didn't seem to know much about the winery itself, but overall a very good choice and definitely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent food and service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LouielipsDined on 8/7/2014We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary by having a wonderful lunch. We sat outside where the views are spectacular! The service as well as the food was excellent and the wine list was unbelievable. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area but be sure to make a reservation in advance. Especially for an outside table with a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely views...TravelerDined on 8/6/2014Very nice way to experience wine country. Especially well done gift offerings and museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to restaurant!!VickersDined on 8/6/2014I love this restaurant! I go here all the time and try something different everytime! Love the ambience, service, food, view, and the Gift shop with the Tucker car and the desk from the Godfather is amazing!!! I alway bring my out of town guests here first before anywhere else :)Special Features:
- Italian EveningWernerBDined on 8/5/2014On tuesday there is an italian evening! All food shared for the table and all you can eat. This was an amazing event with very fine food.Also, 35 $ it was worth. A very friendly staff.I would recommend this to a friend.