Rustic, Francis's Favorites
300 Via Archimedes
Geyserville, CA 95441Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Rustic, Francis's Favorites
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.franciscoppolawinery.com/
- Phone: 7078571485
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rustic, Francis's Favorites
Open for lunch and dinner Francis Ford Coppola shares his personal pantheon of recipes at RUSTIC, Francis’s Favorites, the winery’s full-service restaurant. RUSTIC’s menu embraces international as well as traditional Italian dishes, with an emphasis on family-style cooking that features fresh, seasonal ingredients sourced from the property’s organic herb and produce garden. Authentic, Neapolitan-style pizzas are also a specialty. A focal point of the dining room at RUSTIC is the Parrilla (pronounced “pah-REE-jah”), an authentic Argentine grill. Manned by the restaurant’s dedicated Asador, or grill-master, it provides a true South American experience of delicious, wood-grilled meats. RUSTIC offers service in our casual dining room and on an outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards of Alexander Valley. A bar adjacent to the restaurant also serves a full complement of cocktails and an extensive wine and beerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rustic, Francis's Favorites - Best Restaurants in Geyserville ›
Rustic, Francis's Favorites reviews from OpenTable diners
461 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (400)great for outdoor dining (380)special occasion (280)great for lunch (230)romantic (228)notable wine list (198)fit for foodies (174)good for groups (174)great for brunch (96)kid-friendly (85)neighborhood gem (78)hot spot (58)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (16)Show More
- Great eveningRachDined on 8/30/2014Ate here after wine tasting and having some appetizers at the bar. Since it's at a winery, you can have the bar or the restaurant staff serve up any bottles you purchased, and there is no corkage fee. The outside patio was a great place to hang out and have our bottle of white with a pizza while we waited for our reservation. We had dinner outside, and there is an amazing view. Our reservation was after dark, so we didn't get to see much of it, but their decor outside is still beautiful. Mostly the wait staff was attentive, although our waiter initially sprinted from the table after explaining the specials, so we had to wait for him to come back before we could ask our questions. The food was all delicious. Great wine country option!Special Features:
- The View is the Only Thing It HasSethVIPDined on 8/30/2014When you arrive, it is like entering the Magic Kingdom, large stairs and all. The Door Hostesses were rude and disorganized. It took us 20 minutes just to check in for our reservation. Although they seated us immediately, it was still inexcusable. Our server was pleasant, but poorly trained. The food was on par with any mediocre chain you can name. We had a table at the edge of the vineyard, which had an absolutely beautiful view. That was the only reason to come here. Been there, seen it, will not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening - AND THE VIEW!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Our first visit. Food was great; the view is INCREDIBLE; service was faultless. After dinner, we wandered the building to see the film memorabilia and Oscars, which are very cool. We discovered outdoor live music and the "pool menu" of salads, pizzas, sandwiches, which would have been perfect for a hot night. Next time...Special Features:
- A special place to celebrate.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Loved the whole experience. ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆▪▪☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok for a busy holiday weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014It was really busy on a holiday weekend. As a local, I prefer it when it is quieter. They had long waits lots of people and lots of empty tables, so leads me to believe it might be management issues. Food was good but predictable. Service is always distant and uninterested. Large menu to eat whatever you are in the mood for. Tourists and visitors are always impressed.Special Features:
- As always -superOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Third year in a row gone here to celebrate Joni's birthday - and as we both can attest - its never let us down.Special Features:
- The best lamb ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014The Moroccan lamb shank is the best lamb I have EVER had. My husband thought the pomegranite rack of lamb was the best he had ever had. Excellent atmosphere & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LuvtheserviceDined on 8/29/2014We went to Coppola in NAPA 14 years ago and loved it. Oh my gosh! The new site is amazing! We had the 49$ meal. We had a wine with each course. The meal was incredible. The service was friendly and so professional. We could not have hasa better experience. And by the way, the Diamond Claret is still our favorite!Special Features:
- outstandingMikeDined on 8/28/2014Don't miss dinner on the deck at this winery. Wonderful food, service, value and view of the valle.ySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Good Italian food, fabulous views, a must for movie fans just to see the Oscars.Special Features:
- Wine country gemPanebVIPDined on 8/25/2014We've been here before, one of our goto places when we're in Sonoma county. Great views of the vineyards, still many items we haven't tried on the menu. Choose the patio, weather permitting. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable about the food. The rack of lamb was amazing and cooked to order, the brick chicken was a golden brown delight, and the linguine and clams were delicious as always. Coppola's wines are market price, and you can't beat that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic at Coppola'sPaulDined on 8/24/2014A surprisingly fine restaurant located in Francis Coppola's luxurious winery in Sonoma County. A bit on the touristy side (as one might expect) but the food, service and setting are all of exceptional quality. And most unusually for a winery, the wine list contains selections other than only Coppola's. Worth a visit even if you don't go their for the wine tasting and movie memorabilia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Beautiful view, great food, excellent service! The offerings here are unmatched to many of the vineyards in the area. I highly recommend visiting this venue!Special Features:
- Delicious!!mendocountygirlDined on 8/23/2014Decided to do as a date night and was very happily surprised at how good the food tasted and cost. I was happy I had a reservation because normal wait time was almost 2 hours. We only had to wait about 3-5 minutes while they finished setting the table for us. They had a great variety of food choices that fit me and my husband perfectly. The services was pretty good and the view was beautiful! Being able to watch the sun set over the mountains and vineyards just made it that much more enjoyable and romantic. Definitely some of the best ribs I have ever had, and I didn't even need to put the BBQ sauce on them to enjoy it. I will most definitely being going back again for another date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJeanDenisDined on 8/23/2014We went for the first time two days ago and everything was allsome. The food, the service, the ambiance. Wow what a diner that we had my wife and i. You must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!Luv2eatDined on 8/23/2014We love this place! Good food, great service and fabulous view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coppola's Rustic Is DeliciousRobertEDined on 8/23/2014The Rustic was a Great find. Went to the winery for a wine tour and found Rustic. The menu is varied and designed by FF Coppola's based on his favorite meals. We had the Pasta Carbonara, Linguini and the Rack of Lamb. All were excellent. The Carbonara was done with a lean but flavor filled bacon, the clams were tender and fresh, the pasta was a perfect al dente, and the lamb was tender and succulent. It was marinated in pomegranate juice and other spices then grilled. They flavor was very different from other lamb I have had but delicious. The fried zucchini was the best we have had. I was surprised they charged us for some dipping sauce, also for more bread, and drink refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue, but underwhelmedKBGolfDined on 8/22/2014Dinner for 12 on terrace. Had set up a special reservation for a group in town on vacation. They said they'd set us up on the terrace with wonderful views. They did set up a 12-top for us, but it was in the back against the wall, so our view really was of the other tables in front of us. The food was great, but the one thing several of us wanted from the menu, they didn't have. The last thing that could have been better was the speed of our server...while attentive when he was at the table, that wasn't very often, and our 6:45 reservation turned into food around 8:15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Our main server, Will, was excellent! It was a very busy night, but somehow he didn't miss a beat. He made us all feel special and deserving of excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BareynoldsDined on 8/21/2014The food was a little disappointing. The view was amazing.Special Features:
- Great food!DaveandjoDined on 8/21/2014Good experience at Rustic. Very good food with a great view of the vineyards.Special Features:
- excellentfroggyDined on 8/21/2014My grandson from Tyler Texas ,recently graduated from college was so impressed by the food and setting,that he decided he would seek a career in CaliforniaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayjefflDined on 8/20/2014The food at Rustic was excellent and served in a very classy manner. The outdoor service was impeccable along with the view which was topnotch. This restaurant should be rated five stars.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014didn't get enough to eat.Waitress came by only once. Wasn't offer a bit of everything available. Probably wont go back.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful timeshopcat1Dined on 8/19/2014A group of 11 old High School friends got together for a great time. I think the higher noise level was all our doing. We loved all the memorabilia and spent time both before and after our reservation visiting with old movie favorites. We went on Tuesday, which is Tavola night. This is where the servers dress in outfits from the 30's and 40's and you are made to feel like you are a member of a large extended family. It has changed since we last did it and now it is all one reasonable price, but not quite as tasty. Everything was very good, just nothing outstanding. Just the service, it was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningdinneroutDined on 8/19/2014Love the Tavola and if you haven't tried it, it's a must! Food is great and there is plenty of it! Service is excellent! Perfect for that special occasion on your list.Special Features:
- Great experienceMaurizioDined on 8/18/2014Very good experience in a beautiful location. Very good service and food, perfect ambience and view. Great choice of wines and good wine-food pairing menu. Very recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was served cold.foodieDined on 8/18/2014We had the porterhouse steak. The waiter really talked it up. We ordered it medium rare as we always do. 1. Our food came out and we did not have plates to put it on. 2. Our meat was at best luke warm. 3. Some of the meat was raw. 4. Our waiter never came back to our table to check on us until we had finished. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Slowest entree delivery everBigMacDined on 8/18/2014We were really looking forward to Rustic for a nice romantic dinner. Started off very well with the appetizer and salad then... We waited over 1 hour for our entree! Dinner took over 2.5 hours!! Since we wanted a nice romantic view of the vineyard, we were seated outdoors along the perimeter wall of the patio. While we waited and waited, the temperature dropped about 20 degrees as it does in this part of California. Waiter was serving many tables, including a large party and came by twice to apologize during that time. Another server noticed that my wife was using her napkin as a shawl and brought her a blanket. Finally, yet another waiter came by and moved us to a table by a heater. Meal was good. Experience not so good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/18/2014Great view and good meal outside on magnificent veranda. You take a chance eating outside for dinner--it can get chilly, and it did, so we moved inside. Best for lunch outside, dinner in. Must go. Dinner or lunch is just part of the whole experience of visiting this entire "movie set".Special Features:
- Lovely place to unwindClovergalDined on 8/18/2014A group of us that formerly worked together met after 20 years. My friends particularly loved the museums. Our outside dining was relaxed with great service, wonderful views of the vineyards, and delightful wine selections. This was their first visit; I am a member of the wine club and have eaten here before. I thought the food was just okay, not excellent as in the past. We didn't get a glass of wine for members as in the past so wonder if this portion of the experience has been eliminated. I must note that reservations were handled professionally and were as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braciole is the dishMissPickyDined on 8/17/2014We had been here twice before but always during the week. They serve braciole only on Sunday. This is a dish that my mother-in-law used to make years ago and I was very much looking forward to it. It didn't disappoint. Other people had the short ribs, the rack of lamb, and a chicken dish. All were very good. The desserts weren't particularly tempting so we skipped that course. We were lucky enough to get a table outside, always a lovely view and nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love RusticRickyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We live nearby and treat Rustic as our clubhouse, so easy to bring guests to, and always excellent. Try to sit outside for world class views with your meal. We even saw Francis himself enjoying lunch Sunday...the man knows how to liveSpecial Features:
- Always Order Dessert!!Kj612Dined on 8/17/2014As much as I love the views and the amazing food, the dessert is always amazing!!! My favorite is the panna cotta and the chocolate mouse! Their pastry chef is top notch! Always a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014When we have company from out of town or if we just want to have a nice, relaxing lunch...we always enjoy Rustic! Chris has been our server for a number of times and he is always great...very helpful and knowledgeable!Special Features:
- Superb Service and great foodKirkDined on 8/16/2014Every time we entertain out-of-state friends who are visiting the wine country for the first time, we take them the Rustic for lunch. We've been there about 10 times. Every visit has been a pleasurable experience for all of us. Great food, wine, and the staff has always been superb. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine country diningdotdotdotDined on 8/15/2014There was a fixe prixe lunch menu but the entree choices were not as enticing as the regular ala carte menu. The three of us opt to order 3 different entrees + a salad and shared them all. We enjoyed our time @Rustic's dining room and the memorabilia galleries.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningbeachprofDined on 8/14/2014Visting friends in the Santa Rosa area and we searched for a nighttime dinner at a winery. There are not many to be found, that were also available, and luckily Rustic had a table. It was so beautiful and the food was exactly what we wanted. Steak cooked perfectly, pasta and pizza both were excellent and of course the wine was delicious. The great part was the view from the patio. It was so relaxing and we had a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StrekozaDined on 8/14/2014The food was good,except the chiken sauteu. Their appetizer (olives) was delisious. The portion of lamb was huge, it can easy fit 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenWineisfineDined on 8/14/2014This was our first visit! It was the best experience we've ever had at a winery! The service in Rustic was impeccable, friendly and informative. The meal we had was superb and we had complementary champagne for our anniversary! We are family now and can't wait to return for a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.