Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
6675 Transit Rd
Williamsville, NY 14221Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salvatoresgrand.com/
- Phone: 7166364900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Joe Chambers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have banquet space that can accommodate up to 75 people. Give us a call for further information and menus.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Bingel 716-636-4900
- Entertainment: Step back in time or groove to the top 40 as Russell's presents "Cocktails and Concerts" each night in our lounge. A Blue Ray DVD collection of 200 concerts will sure to include your favorites, all shown life size and in surround sound on our 4 103" T.V.s.
A word from Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
Come see for yourself what 60 years of hard work has created. Russ Salvatore continues to work every night insuring perfection. While completing his finest vision yet, Russ has created a Steak House that continues to impress. While In Buffalo experience his genuine hospitality and delicious cuisine all under one roof at the new Salvatore’s Grand Hotel and his signature restaurant… Russell’s Steaks, Chops & More. Start your evening with something special from our vibrant menu. With service and quality above the rest, we have pulled out all the stops to create an intimate atmosphere for your dining experience with modern décor and hand-crafted finishing touches Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More - Best Restaurants in Williamsville ›
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (284)romantic (241)notable wine list (96)good for groups (80)fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (61)vibrant bar scene (55)hot spot (45)late-night find (24)scenic view (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Terriffic Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It was a memorable night. It was my wife's birthday. Mr. Salvatore greeted us when we checked in and everything else was fit for royalty. The people who served us were super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hats off to Russellfood4thoughtDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I went to Russell's for our anniversary. We had an eight thirty reservation. We arrived at 8:20 and were seated right away. The service was fantastic,the food was great. This was our third visit to Russell's and each time we have been very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you expectOtterDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I went there for her birthday and we got stuck in traffic. We were about 30 minutes late and they still honored our reservations. The food was excellent as always. Filet Oscar is my go to meal. It's a great place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Outstanding Steak One of the best I have had Every Part of Meal ,Excellent Waiter Only negative Rush to remove drinks and food Not finished Sometimes Did not ask if finished with drink or food Not alarming Just a point to note My lady friend and I saw no females employed in restaurant except bar tender Curious Saw Russell/ Approached only 1 table ! But his presence is positive Good to see owner there Definitely will come back and be positive with friends Food/Professionalism/ Service worth the price Like atmosphere not as over done in relation to Salvatore's Great Job Be BackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore99Dined on 9/15/2014The best steak for miles around, the presentation,taste, and service are a 11 out of 10. Not my first time and it won't be my last time, great job RussSpecial Features:
- best dinnet ever!anniversarypairDined on 9/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed out "dinnet for two" meal. Steak ala Russel was cooked to perfection and the lobster mac and cheese was sooooo delicious. Our crab cake appetuzers were to die for and we still cant decide which sauce we preferred over the other. Amazing desserts to choose from and loved the coffee service with whipped cream and shaved chocolate for toppings along with the standard cream and sugar. Wait staff was on their A game the entire evening. Bruce was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place for a Special TimeceriagoldDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I have been going to Russell's every year since he opened for our special occasion's. Great food and service topped with a Happy and Romantic Atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalknranniversaryDined on 9/14/2014My Husband and I went to Russell's for our Anniversary. We did the overnight package. The room was just amazing and the Hotel itself breath taking. Our meal was Wonderful. We actually got to meet Mr. Russell Salvatore which was an honor. He was kind and warm and genuine. We will be going back and am looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FoodieDined on 9/14/2014This was our first visit to Russell's but will definitely not be our last! Everything was "first class". Everyone we came in contact with was professional, yet courteous and friendly. Our server, Paul Z, was very attentive and a pleasure to talk to. We had the fresh shellfish tower for an appetizer and I have never tasted seafood so fresh. Our entree was the Filet Oscar which was absolutely delicious!! The filet melted in your mouth. The menu has such a nice variety of different appetizers and entrees that it's hard to decide, but I'm sure no one would be disappointed in their selection. This is definitely a restaurant that we will come back to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014We love Russell's. The food and service is always excellent. Truly a fine dining restaurant! We go back as often as we can. Coming in from Canada we try to make the trip once every 2-3 months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Russell's Steaks, Chops & MorelovegreatserviceDined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent! The service was outstanding! A special thanks to are waiter Roberto on a superb job! It made our 18th wedding anniversary a memorable one and an enjoyable one! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First Timemaryann4605Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first time at Russell's. We were celebrating our anniversary and my birthday. Russell himself seated us at a sweetheart table for two. We ordered the Steak a'la Russell for two and it was perfection! Definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouslovesurfnturfDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. The food, service and atmosphere were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodgreatfoodDined on 9/13/2014The filet au poivre was melt in your mouth. the bone in rib eye was just as delicious. The ceasar salad was good I would have liked a few more delicious croutons. We really enjoyed our experience. Russell runs a very tight ship and deserves all of his success. Reservations are definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!luvthisplaceDined on 9/12/2014Everything was perfect right down to the service and ambiance!Special Features:
- Great placeCrisDined on 9/12/2014Food and service was top notch. My steak was perfectly cooked and the truffle mashed potatoes were to die for. Cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PepperPepperDined on 9/11/2014Great service and food. Come hungry!! Hard to decide what to have.Special Features:
- Delicious as usual!Queen1Dined on 9/11/2014We have eaten at Russell's several times. We have always had amazing food and wonderful service!!! We love to go there for special occasions because you are always treated like royalty!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Russell as always, was walking the restaurant greeting guest and making sure service was acceptable. Nice Job!!!Special Features:
- Always the best!!!CoreyDined on 9/10/2014Overall a great dining experience! The most Professional wait staff and fantastic entree's = GREAT NITE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- biscottiDined on 9/9/2014I enjoyed our evening however the noise level was beyond anything I would like to experience again. This was a Tuesday evening, very loud groups, I tried to change the table, unable. Would I return, not sure because of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th AnniversaryhouseDined on 9/9/2014We celebrated our 25th Anniversary at Russell's, had an excellent experience again as this is the second time we've been here, next time I'm getting the Australian Lobster, our waiter said it is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Came in for my boyfriends birthday. Everything was amazing. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Amazing....again!GlcklsmithDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I always choose Russell's for special occasions. Celebrating my wife's birthday this time and we realized how truly special it is at Russell's. The filet mignon is always perfect...and the service is always fantastic. We will be back...for more than special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJohnnyfDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful restaurant, quiet not crammed. However a $42 Veal chop that was 50% fat not not a bargain. Also our wait person never mentioned any specials sso we assumed there were none until a while later she was describing them to another nearby table. We drove 55 minutes for a special dinner to celebrate my wifes birthday and needless to say we were a bit disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Wonderful...FortheloveofoodDined on 9/3/2014Dinner was superb! Our server, Kathleen, was spot on. She knew the menu, had great suggestions and made the experience the best! She always knew when to stop by! The atmosphere is not quiet formal (which we like) and has a certain ease and comfort. We found this quite appealing. Of course, the food was the star of the evening. From the rib-eye to the lobster to the scallops, all were perfectly cooked and seasoned. Of course, being a purist, we requested no rub on the steak! Even the leftovers the next day tasted great! Should be experienced by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Outstanding ExperienceMike7Dined on 9/2/2014Whenever we celebrate milestones, we select Russell's Steaks Chops & More. Russ Salvatore and his staff are so well trained that excellent customer service is the norm, as is the outstanding quality of food. Upon arrival, General Mark Jerge and Robert greeted us by name. We pre-ordered flowers and I gave them a gift and card to place on the table. My wife was ecstatic. Paul, our server, had an excellent understanding of the menu and he was quite engaging. We always order the Seafood Tower and it was exceptional. My Sea Bass was the best I had ever had and Deb's Free Range chicken was so tender. They knew exactly when to fill the water and drink glasses and they also had a surprise anniversary dessert dish for us. We love the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!Diningfan4lifeDined on 8/31/2014Our first experience here was hands down the best! Everything from the host/hostess, wait staff, to the food was spot on. Unbelievable steak and sides, perfectly cooked. Our only regret was that we didn't save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR PRESENTATIONNOTHAPPYANNIVDined on 8/31/2014We ordered off the dinner for two menu. I ordered the Steak ala Russell with a baked potato. When my plate arrived, the potato was split on the side of the plate, no garnish, just a plain potato cut in half (even and X on top and a little scrunch would have looked better). On the side of the meat was a very slight serving of vegetables - 2 green beans, 1 yellow bean and one red pepper. My husband also ordered Steak ala Russell but he ordered the mashed potato side (no garlic mashed potatoes offered that night :( ). Again, it was a plop of potatoes next to the meat with the tiny serving of veggies - no garnish, nothing special. The steak was great but presentation was disappointing.Special Features:
- The Best In Western NYOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Russell's is the most consistent fine dining experience in WNY. My wife and I have been patronizing this restaurant since it opened. The Hotel/dinner special for 189.00 which includes a 5 course meal for 2 and a Jacuzzi suite is the best money you will ever spend as a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FergDined on 8/29/2014Standard steakhouse menu prepared to high standards and presented professionally. They have a tried and true formula that works. Staff and service are excellent right down to the personal attention of the owner greeting you at the desk.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!RoseandTedDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten at Russell's numerous times. Always excellent service and food quality.Special Features:
- What a night.....bikerchicDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I frequent this steakhouse usually, but this particular night was made very special because of our server Ryan. Ryan made sure that our every whim was taken care of, and he went above and beyond in every way. If you go to Russell's for dinner, ask to have Ryan as your server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing NightAmazingDined on 8/29/2014One of the best restaurants in Buffalo. The service was amazing. Amazing presentation of food with great quality.Special Features:
- very goodrichardpDined on 8/28/2014They get just about everything right. The staff is courteous and friendly, very fast service for a steakhouse. Your courses are served at well timed intervals, so you aren't wondering if they forgot about you. The quality of the food is above average and the atmosphere is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RussellsBradDined on 8/27/2014The quality of food and the exemplary service at Russell's is the best in the area if you are looking for high end, classic fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAKluvsteakDined on 8/27/2014My wife and i took our daughter here for her back to school dinner. Needless to say she has 5 more years of school, i dont see her wanting to eat any place else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmenttravelerDined on 8/27/2014We have been here several times and food was always been great. If this was off night we dont know but we were very disappointed.My wife had tuna which had no taste at all. She all so had a salad which was full of brown lettuce. She picked it out and had quite a pile on the plate when it was taken a way. Nothing was said to her. I had a ice tea that was just colored water. When they saw I was not drinking it the waitresses brought me another saying she was sorry but had been in a hurry. My steak [tender loin] was cooked alright but was not tender.As I said we have been here several times and never had a meal like this. Sorry to say we will not be back.
- A WONDERFUL WORLD CLASS RESTAURANTMrmorificDined on 8/26/2014Fine food and great service. A Dining Joy! Russ oversees every aspect of Food and Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBillSDined on 8/25/2014Celebrated anniversary here again because the menu offerings are great; service is 1st class and atmosphere is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.