Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
6675 Transit Rd
Williamsville, NY 14221Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salvatoresgrand.com/
- Phone: 7166364900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Joe Chambers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have banquet space that can accommodate up to 75 people. Give us a call for further information and menus.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Bingel 716-636-4900
- Entertainment: Step back in time or groove to the top 40 as Russell's presents "Cocktails and Concerts" each night in our lounge. A Blue Ray DVD collection of 200 concerts will sure to include your favorites, all shown life size and in surround sound on our 4 103" T.V.s.
A word from Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
Come see for yourself what 60 years of hard work has created. Russ Salvatore continues to work every night insuring perfection. While completing his finest vision yet, Russ has created a Steak House that continues to impress. While In Buffalo experience his genuine hospitality and delicious cuisine all under one roof at the new Salvatore’s Grand Hotel and his signature restaurant… Russell’s Steaks, Chops & More. Start your evening with something special from our vibrant menu. With service and quality above the rest, we have pulled out all the stops to create an intimate atmosphere for your dining experience with modern décor and hand-crafted finishing touches Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More - Best Restaurants in Williamsville ›
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (279)romantic (234)notable wine list (98)good for groups (79)fit for foodies (75)vibrant bar scene (58)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (45)late-night find (25)scenic view (11)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We have eaten at Russell's numerous times. Always excellent service and food quality.Special Features:
- What a night.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I frequent this steakhouse usually, but this particular night was made very special because of our server Ryan. Ryan made sure that our every whim was taken care of, and he went above and beyond in every way. If you go to Russell's for dinner, ask to have Ryan as your server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014They get just about everything right. The staff is courteous and friendly, very fast service for a steakhouse. Your courses are served at well timed intervals, so you aren't wondering if they forgot about you. The quality of the food is above average and the atmosphere is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RussellsBradDined on 8/27/2014The quality of food and the exemplary service at Russell's is the best in the area if you are looking for high end, classic fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAKluvsteakDined on 8/27/2014My wife and i took our daughter here for her back to school dinner. Needless to say she has 5 more years of school, i dont see her wanting to eat any place else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WONDERFUL WORLD CLASS RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Fine food and great service. A Dining Joy! Russ oversees every aspect of Food and Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Celebrated anniversary here again because the menu offerings are great; service is 1st class and atmosphere is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The service was fantastic. Our server, Gary, was personable, professional, efficient and charming! We will ask for him again. The food was exquisite, as I expected it would be. I just wish I would have saved room for dessert. Next time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I went to Russell's for our one year anniversary. The ambiance was extraordinary, the food was delicious and the wait staff was great. Our only complaint is that the gentlemen that came to our table in-between our waiter to fill our water and clear our plates, seemed to be there every 5 minutes our so. It was difficult holding a personal conversation with so many interruptions. There is really no need to fill our water after every sip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeandMargieDined on 8/20/2014We have gone to this restaurant for the past few years to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food is great, the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- A Great Steak in Buffalo, NYOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014A Great Steak in Buffalo, NY. Paired with great service it made it a notable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic eveningBiffBiffmanDined on 8/19/2014We returned to Russell's for my annual birthday celebration and once again experienced an outstanding evening. We had specifically requested Andrew as our server and, as always, he continues to impress with his exemplary service -- smooth, knowledgeable, professional, attentive and cordial. The well-trained staff works with panache throughout the elegant service. The meals are upscale, the presentations artful. With a critical yet discerning eye towards detail in every aspect of service, Russell's continues to be the #1 destination for "foodies" in Western New York.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 8/18/2014Food was outstanding as was Andrew our waiter! We will be back.Special Features:
- ExcellenceFatTreDined on 8/17/2014Excellent dining experience. From the front desk to the cooks in the kitchen. Service was great. Food and drinks Outstanding. I could not leave a morsel on my plate. Well worth the price. Recommended this place to many people already. I will be dining there again when I am in the Buffalo area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBillyrayDined on 8/17/2014Seated promptly. The establishment is outstanding. Wait staff is superb. Food was very good, one small glitch was taken care of by the waiter. The evening was remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerJimmyDined on 8/17/2014The meal was great, the only thing that bothered me was the waiter seemed to be rushing us ! Asking us if we want to take our dessert home ? Was he trying to get the table ready for his next seating ?Special Features:
- Excellent!HmmmgoodDined on 8/14/2014The entire experience was great. As younger guests we were worried thatour age would be taken advantage of. We were pleasantly surprised! Everyone did their absolute best to make us feel welcome. However, the highlight of the night was Russell himself. When he saw my date and i waiting off to the side for our table (we were not old enough to enjoy the bar) he immediatley came over and got us a table.Special Features:
- Suspended in TimeTanjaPDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I were there for our first time and were made to feel comfortable and welcome. Nick was our waiter and he was entertaining and pro-active in all aspects. From the moment we walked in to the time we left. The restaurant is gorgeous and the coffee and dessert were a perfect highlight to end our evening with. Food was great! We highly recommend the Lobster Mac & Cheese. I also highly recommend the Three Layer Sour Cream Cheesecake. What a delight! We certainly were honored to be Russell's guests this evening! Thank you!!! And to be quite honest, I read some of the reviews before going and with the service and all of the extras, pricing is reasonable, especially when Russell's is really in a league of its own!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best of the bestcoachDined on 8/14/2014this is the place to go for one of the finest meals and service in western New York, or any other placeSpecial Features:
- Great food!FoodGuyDined on 8/14/2014Food was great except for the crab cakes. They had a fishy taste. The steaks, chops, chicken and deserts were great though.Special Features:
- Not our best visitTCBFLODined on 8/13/2014We went to dinner and it was very busy for a Wednesday night. Chopped salads were great, the banana peppers were displayed beautifully with delicious shredded vegetables. It was a very long wait from our salads until we received our entrees, which were barely warm. The filet for both of us was very dry, even though we both ordered it medium. My son said his porterhouse was good, but barely warm. Our waiter stopped about 20 seconds after getting our food then by the time he came back again we just wanted the bill. Previous times the food has been amazing so it was a big disappointment. I am sure since it was so busy that was part of it, however the meal came to $300, next time we are thinking of spending that on a meal it won't be here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I was very pleased with food, service & ambience. My wife said was the best dinning experience she has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Just wanted to thank you for an amazing meal and experience we had at Russell's. Our waiter Bob was great, my Girlfriend and I had an amazing bottle of wine(red) and our steaks were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Raving for Russell'sGeminisDined on 8/9/2014We decided come here for our anniversary after hearing friends speak so highly. It was convenient upon registration to know that the dining certificate was part of the package. It was an incentive. Russell's has set the bar high when it comes to standards of service, hospitality and food quality. Having Mr. Salvatore greet us at the door tells you that he cares the same for everyone that visits Russell's. We thoroughly enjoyed a steak and a lamb dinner. It was the best we've ever tasted. Keep setting new standards Mr. Salvatore. You could teach the food industry so much. And what a surprise it was to see our name in lights celebrating our anniversary!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My wife & I came up from Cassadaga for our 17th. anniversary & totally loved it. Only one thing could've made the experience better is if we could've gotten a room. You were totally booked & now we see why.Special Features:
- Special place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014This was our 2nd time there. This time we went for my husband's 60th birthday. The food is delicious you will walk away very satisfied. Two years ago we had a waiter named Bob and we were lucky enough to have him this time. He is very professional but likes to throw a joke in there every once in awhile. We were even honoured to talk with Russell for a few seconds. He is a very gentle man. The selection on the menu has enough on it to satisfy anyone. My husband had Russell's cut filet and I had the salmon with dill sauce and they were cooked perfectly. We are looking forward to returning to Russell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!JustMeandHubbyDined on 8/7/2014Went for first time for 27th wedding anniversary. Wait staff was outstanding and very friendly and attentive! Food was some of the best we've had. Filet mignon tender tender tender! Au gratin onion soup was awesome!! We cleaned our plates and had no room for dessert, so we took it to go. Sorry to say, but we were very disappointed with the desserts. PB pie and strawberry bliss...we didn't even finish them all. Desserts need to be on par with the rest of the meal...easily fixed. We will definitely be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!bobsDined on 8/5/2014The food and service here are absolutely amazing! The environment is wonderful too. Try the Steak a la Russell and the lobster mac and cheese. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014It was the best streak I have ever had. The Mac and cheese lobster was very good wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent dining experience. Well-trained staff who gave our table constant attention.Special Features:
- Review of dinner on 8/05/14HildogDined on 8/5/2014The food was delicious!! However, I really do miss the giant cookie dessert. I was looking forward to getting that for dessert but it was off the menu. Our waiter Chris S. Was fantastic! Polite, friendly, knew his stuff, kept checking up on us, etc. phenomenal waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made the night very specialbuffaloindieDined on 8/4/2014I took my girlfriend out for her birthday, and the food, service, ambiance, and mood were perfect. To cap off an excellent night, the waiter provided a discrete "Happy Birthday" touch to her dessert, which was appreciated. I cannot remember a time when I was treated so well by anyone. I also cannot remember a time when I had such an excellent meal. The experience was a value at any price. I will be back!Special Features:
- DinnerJeanDined on 8/4/2014Always excellent dinner and also stayed at the hotel; it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CMK24-dining experience.CathyDined on 8/4/2014We have dined at Russell's numerous times over the past many years. Our most recent experience on August 4th, was far above one's expectations of a dining experience. It was an anniversary celebration for my husband and myself that will not be forgotten. It was filled with unexpected and most enjoyable surprises. The meal was outstanding, as well as the service. Even our table was in a most perfect, felt to be private and most comfortable place. Russell's is truly a top of the line restaurant. It is #1. A class act.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service and mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The service was the best I'd ever experienced. Our server was extremely professional but also personable. The steakhouse has a separate vegetarian menu, and my daughter ordered the pasta primavera off that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KariDined on 8/3/2014This is a perfect restaurant for getting together with friends or family or just a special dinner for two. Excellent quality of food, terrific ambience and great service. We have dined here many times before and always look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The service was exceptional and the food delicious in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnaDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was delicous. The steak you could cut with a butter knife. Howeer this is the 6th time we have gone to Russell's and made reservations months in advance and we always get put in a small back room. It would be nice to sit in the main dinning room once in awhile and feel part of the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WISH I COULD GO MORE OFTENGOHUNGRY2Dined on 8/1/2014I LOVE RUSSELL'S .. I WOULD LOVE TO STAY AT THE HOTEL SOMETIME .. THE FOOD CAN'T BE BETTER AND THE COFFEE !!! OH THAT COFFEE ! WHAT IS THE SECRET ??Special Features:
- When they got there.....DANCER22Dined on 8/1/2014Russell's has no shortage of help as there were more than adequate amount of personnel in the dining area. I am just surprised it took the staff TEN MINUTES TO GET OUR DRINK ORDER. Other people that were sat after us got there drink order almost immediately. Once we did get a server, she was wonderful, knowledgeable, attended to every need in a timely manner. But those first ten minutes left a bad taste in my mouth. I regret not trying the steaks without any special sauce. The sauce was bit much and I should have judged the steak rub on its own merit. Dessert (Banana pudding) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.