Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
6675 Transit Rd
Williamsville, NY 14221Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salvatoresgrand.com/
- Phone: 7166364900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Joe Chambers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have banquet space that can accommodate up to 75 people. Give us a call for further information and menus.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Bingel 716-636-4900
- Entertainment: Step back in time or groove to the top 40 as Russell's presents "Cocktails and Concerts" each night in our lounge. A Blue Ray DVD collection of 200 concerts will sure to include your favorites, all shown life size and in surround sound on our 4 103" T.V.s.
A word from Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
Come see for yourself what 60 years of hard work has created. Russ Salvatore continues to work every night insuring perfection. While completing his finest vision yet, Russ has created a Steak House that continues to impress. While In Buffalo experience his genuine hospitality and delicious cuisine all under one roof at the new Salvatore’s Grand Hotel and his signature restaurant… Russell’s Steaks, Chops & More. Start your evening with something special from our vibrant menu. With service and quality above the rest, we have pulled out all the stops to create an intimate atmosphere for your dining experience with modern décor and hand-crafted finishing touches Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More - Best Restaurants in Williamsville ›
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More reviews from OpenTable diners
325 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (290)romantic (241)notable wine list (89)good for groups (85)fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (62)vibrant bar scene (62)hot spot (43)late-night find (24)great for lunch (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Amazing service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014I have to say I have never received better service than I did at Russell's this past week when I took my wife for dinner there to celebrate our anniversary. We do a lot of fine dining and the level of service we received was like nothing I have ever seen in any city we have visited. Our waiter's name was Humberto and he made us feel like we were family. His expertise and suggestions were so helpful and made for the perfect evening. We can't wait to come back to Russell's with friends and enjoy his expertise again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014This is our favorite steak dinning restaurant. The service and quality of food has always been exceptional. I would rank this as the best Restaurant in this areal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunshinesunshineDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I took are 2 nieces there for ones 16th birthday we were able to get 2 room which were very beautiful,we had dinner reservation at 7 but we ended up being 15 minutes early,Russell as always is standing there ready to great you was able to seat us right way,the waiter was o top of his game very nice and sociable ,the food was suburb ,and Russell came over to the table to wish my nice a Happy Birthday and gave her a sign autograph of his new book then the waiter came out and gave her a plate of chocolate strawberrys super nice what a night to remeberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.10thbdaypartyDined on 10/12/2014Thank you SO much to the staff at Russell's. This visit was celebrating our daughter's 10th birthday and everything went absolutely perfectly. She was thrilled and we all LOVED the food- as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Engagement DinnerPaulLiedkieDined on 10/11/2014I set up my engagement dinner through the online opentable site, and received my confirmation almost immediately. Then I sprang to life arranging for roses to be delivered to the table after dinner through the help of the manager on duty. I also left a digital camera with the hostess to have someone record our big night when I would propose. The food was exquisite. Both my fiancé and myself had the filet which was grilled to perfection. By the time we finished our meals and wine, we had no room for the dessert that was included. From the soup to the last bite of the steak, everything was perfect. Thank you to our server Gary who did everything we needed to make our night perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More was a wonderful evening for my wife and myself. I have recommended it to others already and look forward to dining there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyment1stimehereDined on 10/10/2014It all started when we arrived, the hostess gave us an alert vibrator, but to my surprise Mr Russell was standing there and said do you have a reservation and directed his staff to seat us immediately. I thought that had so much character and great service. It was our first time dining at Russell's and my wife and I had a great time. The service and staff were very professional and pleasant and the food was also delious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceRAD14Dined on 10/10/2014We were very impressed with the service but the meal was subpar. The steaks were not very impressive and mine was served with an out of season tomato and 2 undercooked asparagus wrapped in prosciutto. The worst part was the creme brûlée that didn't have the signature brûlée top and tasted like a sweet omelette.....definitely not the typical creamy egg custard we were craving.
- Overpriced & Didn't Honor RequestCynthiaDined on 10/10/2014I made reserviations on line 10 days before the dinner date with a request for a quiet table due to my father's hearing impairment. Talked to someone on the phone twice to confirm request and ask for a corner table or next to a wall. Was assured it was "not a problem". Our first table was in the middle of a room below a speaker. Asked to move and they did move us, but still in the middle of another room, not corner table as requested over the phone. Food was good, but not exceptional. Could have used more seasoning. Have had equivalent quality meals for less money. My meal was luke warm. Dining companions was hot. The one thing that was exceptional was the service - fabulous!! One thing that may bring me back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- night outroscoeDined on 10/10/2014Server got the steaks mixed up (party of 4). The veal chop had a sauce which covered the crab meat which had a negative effect on the flavor. Vegetables were under cooked and were too big for the plate. Server was interjecting himself into our conversations. Portions were too large (14oz.) For the price not great valueSpecial Features:
- OutstandingtimesarespecialDined on 10/9/2014First time at Russel's, it was our anniversary. We could not have chosen a better place to celebrate. The dining room is exquisite, charming romantic. The waiter Chris was just so great. Explained everything on the menu, he made sure we understood it all, and asked if we had any questions. We ordered oysters, they came on a lighted serving platter, over crushed ice. What a nice touch. The steaks melted in our mouth, all the food was so special and tasteful. Give many compliments to the chef. Overall a very good dining experience. All the extras they provide make it a very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AgainJeffGDined on 10/8/2014Another fantastic dinner at Russell's. Never disappointed!Special Features:
- FoodJohnDined on 10/6/2014Food is very good. Parking is very sufficient. The atmosphere at the bar is excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant to dineluv2pickDined on 10/5/2014We really enjoyed a beautiful quite evening at Russell's steaks,chops and more. The setting was perfect and clean, our server was number one, polite and knowledgeable, and friendly. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parDeeDeeDined on 10/4/2014We had been to Russell's before and everything was excellent, but not so this time. Our waitress - not only once, but twice, removed our drinks from our table before we were done with them. The same also happened with our plates, when we were not done. They were just scooped away without asking if we were done. Also, I had the Chicken stuffed with crab and it was Very dry - way overcooked, I actually had to remove a piece at the top that was burnt black. Not up to par with what we expected from our previous visit. The bar area though is great - wonderful ambience.Special Features:
- AwesomeBeef1Dined on 10/3/2014We are not from the Buffalo area and came to Russells to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. It was well worth the trip. Fantastic service, great atmosphere and the food was incredible!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014The food and service was great . This is the place we usually celebrate our anniversary. We were thoroughly disappointed in the fact that we made reservations and still had to wait 30 minutes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLuvRussellsDined on 10/3/2014Every year this will be a tradition for my anniversary. Hands down best food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandimgDavidDined on 10/2/2014One of the top restaurants in Western New York. The decor, the service and most of all, the food, is spectacular!Special Features:
- cant wait to return!justmarriedDined on 10/1/2014Delicious! My fiance and I came here two nights before our wedding. The food, service and atmosphere were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEbonyeyesDined on 9/28/2014Nice atmosphere great service great food very nice restaurant the prices fits the service you get and the food that's serviced highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST STAY YET!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We did the room and dinner package for our 6th year anniversary and were not disappointed. A 14 ounce filet that just melted in your mouth is always a crowd pleaser, the service was impeccable, always nice to have the proprietor say hello and inquire how everything was. This was our 2nd stay and third dinner, just keeps getting better and better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingloveRussellsDined on 9/27/2014The food was outstanding, and our waiter, Allen, was so personable. He made our evening so much nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy AtmosphereprettypickiDined on 9/25/2014Very enjoyable ambience and excellent service. I am extremely disappointed that a table for two cannot be reserved on a Friday or Saturday evening from 7:00 pm on. If you're looking for a romantic dinner with your spouse after 7:00 pm, you're out of luck at this venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Fabulous customer service! Russ we assisting at the hostess station. It shows he has pride and love for his establishment. Staff was friendly. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection all the way.HappycustomersDined on 9/24/2014My lady and I went there to celebrate her birthday and the whole experience was a textbook example of a perfect evening. The ambience was subdued and romantic, with just the right level of sounds and lighting. The wait crew was very attentive and efficient without being intrusive. Russ Salvatore trains them well. He was there and greeted us warmly. We had the Brazed Pork loin, and a divine filet mignon. I had the Seafood bisque which frankly should come with a warning label it is so addicting. My only complaint was they would not let me buy a 5 gallon pail of it to take home with me. The coffee they served was better than, please forgive me WNY and southern Ontario, Tim Horton's. Guys, do yourself a huge favor and take your ladies there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced & a Bit CreepyHonestReviewerDined on 9/24/2014The ambiance is nice. The service is exceptional. The quality of the food compared with the price charged is shall we say -- a bit of a push. This restaurant is named after its eccentric owner who is always on premise to mingle with his guests. Unfortunately, his staff runs scared under his watchful eye. Does any other restaurant guest find it just a bit creepy that the entire restaurant is under video survalence with big video boards at the host station? Your personal dining experience on display for all to see.Special Features:
- Buffalo's BestfishDined on 9/23/2014Russell's Steaks, Chops and More is my favorite restaurant. The minute you enter the dining room there is a feel of comfort and an atmosphere of well trained staff. I know, whenever I dine at Russell's, there won't be any disappointment with my meal. Cooked to perfection are the steaks. The service is top-notch. The dining guests are refined individuals who also appreciate fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terriffic Experience!unclebuck2828Dined on 9/20/2014It was a memorable night. It was my wife's birthday. Mr. Salvatore greeted us when we checked in and everything else was fit for royalty. The people who served us were super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedanniversarynightDined on 9/20/2014Main menu went to Ala cart-- have been going there since they opened, and was disappointed with the service, 1st time ever that the waiter did not cater to us and we had to wait extra for him, and the prices. Not sure if it was due to us not sitting in the "main" restaurant, we were in the front smaller roomSpecial Features:
- Hats off to Russellfood4thoughtDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I went to Russell's for our anniversary. We had an eight thirty reservation. We arrived at 8:20 and were seated right away. The service was fantastic,the food was great. This was our third visit to Russell's and each time we have been very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you expectOtterDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I went there for her birthday and we got stuck in traffic. We were about 30 minutes late and they still honored our reservations. The food was excellent as always. Filet Oscar is my go to meal. It's a great place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Outstanding Steak One of the best I have had Every Part of Meal ,Excellent Waiter Only negative Rush to remove drinks and food Not finished Sometimes Did not ask if finished with drink or food Not alarming Just a point to note My lady friend and I saw no females employed in restaurant except bar tender Curious Saw Russell/ Approached only 1 table ! But his presence is positive Good to see owner there Definitely will come back and be positive with friends Food/Professionalism/ Service worth the price Like atmosphere not as over done in relation to Salvatore's Great Job Be BackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore99Dined on 9/15/2014The best steak for miles around, the presentation,taste, and service are a 11 out of 10. Not my first time and it won't be my last time, great job RussSpecial Features:
- best dinnet ever!anniversarypairDined on 9/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed out "dinnet for two" meal. Steak ala Russel was cooked to perfection and the lobster mac and cheese was sooooo delicious. Our crab cake appetuzers were to die for and we still cant decide which sauce we preferred over the other. Amazing desserts to choose from and loved the coffee service with whipped cream and shaved chocolate for toppings along with the standard cream and sugar. Wait staff was on their A game the entire evening. Bruce was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place for a Special TimeceriagoldDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I have been going to Russell's every year since he opened for our special occasion's. Great food and service topped with a Happy and Romantic Atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalknranniversaryDined on 9/14/2014My Husband and I went to Russell's for our Anniversary. We did the overnight package. The room was just amazing and the Hotel itself breath taking. Our meal was Wonderful. We actually got to meet Mr. Russell Salvatore which was an honor. He was kind and warm and genuine. We will be going back and am looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FoodieDined on 9/14/2014This was our first visit to Russell's but will definitely not be our last! Everything was "first class". Everyone we came in contact with was professional, yet courteous and friendly. Our server, Paul Z, was very attentive and a pleasure to talk to. We had the fresh shellfish tower for an appetizer and I have never tasted seafood so fresh. Our entree was the Filet Oscar which was absolutely delicious!! The filet melted in your mouth. The menu has such a nice variety of different appetizers and entrees that it's hard to decide, but I'm sure no one would be disappointed in their selection. This is definitely a restaurant that we will come back to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014We love Russell's. The food and service is always excellent. Truly a fine dining restaurant! We go back as often as we can. Coming in from Canada we try to make the trip once every 2-3 months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Russell's Steaks, Chops & MorelovegreatserviceDined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent! The service was outstanding! A special thanks to are waiter Roberto on a superb job! It made our 18th wedding anniversary a memorable one and an enjoyable one! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.