Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
6675 Transit Rd
Williamsville, NY 14221Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salvatoresgrand.com/
- Phone: 7166364900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Joe Chambers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have banquet space that can accommodate up to 75 people. Give us a call for further information and menus.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Bingel 716-636-4900
- Entertainment: Step back in time or groove to the top 40 as Russell's presents "Cocktails and Concerts" each night in our lounge. A Blue Ray DVD collection of 200 concerts will sure to include your favorites, all shown life size and in surround sound on our 4 103" T.V.s.
A word from Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
Come see for yourself what 60 years of hard work has created. Russ Salvatore continues to work every night insuring perfection. While completing his finest vision yet, Russ has created a Steak House that continues to impress. While In Buffalo experience his genuine hospitality and delicious cuisine all under one roof at the new Salvatore’s Grand Hotel and his signature restaurant… Russell’s Steaks, Chops & More. Start your evening with something special from our vibrant menu. With service and quality above the rest, we have pulled out all the stops to create an intimate atmosphere for your dining experience with modern décor and hand-crafted finishing touches Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More - Best Restaurants in Williamsville ›
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (292)romantic (249)notable wine list (98)good for groups (94)fit for foodies (84)vibrant bar scene (66)neighborhood gem (65)hot spot (43)late-night find (24)great for lunch (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OutstandingGreyhoundDined on 10/26/2014Russel Salvatore is a class act and his businesses are top notch. Keep up the good work, I will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainingCindiLouDined on 10/25/2014Food as always delish. Service impeccable. Like being in Hello Dolly with attentiveness. Though wish bar was bigger to handle overflow for wait timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014First time at Russell's restaurant and hotel to quietly celebrate my fiancé birthday. It was a wonderful experience all the way around, good food, great customer service. The room and dining packages are exceptional, will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to returning......goodeaterDined on 10/25/2014There were six people in our dinner party and there was not one word anyone could say that was bad about the entire experience at Russell's. The food was excellent, our waiter was outstanding (Thank you Andrew...)....provided great service, the atmosphere was very pleasant. It was nice to be greeted by Russell when we entered the restaurant. That was my fourth time dining at Russell's and I'm really looking forward to the fifth...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful new night outvhk513Dined on 10/24/2014We went to Russell's to celebrate our anniversary. Food was delicious and service was wonderful. It is definitely at the top of my list of restaurants for celebrating special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canadian Visitorcanadiandinerfortwo339Dined on 10/24/2014The restaurant was elegant & clean. The staff was personable and very efficient. The food was delicious and there was lots of it. We will definitely be coming back to Buffalo & would highly recommend a visit!!Special Features:
- Good ambiance, great foodLondonCallingDined on 10/24/2014Russell's leaves little to chance. Thus is a five star restaurant and it shows in the wallet. We spent $400 for a table of 4. The Filet was superb and the wine selection had something for everyone. Some might not like being pampered with approximately 5 waiters standing waiting for you to take a sip if water so they can fill it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 10/23/2014Great tasting filet!Service was top notch! Excellent Resturant all around!Special Features:
- DisappointedBirthdayLetDownDined on 10/21/2014I come to Russell's for special occasions. I came her last year for my birthday, my anniversary and Tuesday for my boyfriends 30th birthday. I was very disappointed because it was not worth what it cost! My boyfriends steak was greasy, so much so a pool of grease was left on his plate. The plating was not aesthetically pleasing and my steak was overcooked. Additionally our bruschetta bread which is usually served warm came out cold. Our waiter Bob was inattentive which was alarming to me considering there was hardly anone in there. This made me not want to return to Russells again which is unfortunate since I was very fond of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLarryDined on 10/20/2014Once again the food was fabulous and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014What a wonderful romantic restaurant! Russell Salvatore thinks of every detail. The food is amazing. My favorite special occasion restaurant in western new York.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it89springerDined on 10/19/2014Our experience was very good overall. Seated about fifteen minutes after reservation time - reasonably acceptable. The menu was a bit confusing. Dinner for two specials can be ordered individually but not clear on the menu. Also, the small portions of items on dinner for two can be ordered ala-carte. Waitress was a little patronizing when explaining these options. Being our first visit - a little navigation without the attitude is needed. Strip steaks ordered were very good, cooked as ordered as was the rack of lamb. Bread course was not on par with the rest of the meal. Requested a birthday desert for the wife which was a red velvet/cream cheese cake. Very good. Coffee outstanding. Food was well presented, hot and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceAnniversaryDined on 10/19/2014We went to Russell's for our first year anniversary and had a very good experience. The service was efficient, and the food was great. I was particularly impressed with the wait staff (busboys, etc). They were dressed in suits and were on top of everything. We each had a steak, and they were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- JellybeanDined on 10/19/2014Russell's has excellent steaks and great ambiance and is our favorite restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!LynnjeDined on 10/18/2014You will not get food or service to match Russels! It's tremendous!Special Features:
- great dinnerkellsterDined on 10/17/2014as usual the steak was phenomenal, the service was exceptional and the night was wonderful! Our reservations were at 8:15 and they took us a little before. Our meal was served in a timely manner and was absolutely wonderful. The only complaint I have about the night was an extremely loud group of 10 who were seated at the large table in the middle of the room around 9:30. Not only were they dressed in sweatpants and ballcaps, they were so loud to each other as well as on their cell phones that it ruined our dessert and coffee and we could not wait to leave. I'm assuming by the demonstrative champagne popping and plates of food coming out that management chose to overlook this because of the large bill this group would pay.Special Features:
- LOVE the Russell!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Filet Mignon does NOT get any better than this! Would eat this every day if I could! Sooooo tasty! Oh - and be certai to follow up with their coffe. THAT is also out of this world!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner!OldSoulDined on 10/17/2014We had a great time - great food, great service. The steaks and side we delicious. The desserts were awesome - especially the cheese cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at Russell'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014It was our anniversary and we had steak and lobster. Cost was $200 with tip; special occasion only for this place, couldn't afford it otherwise.Special Features:
- Amazing service!JimboDined on 10/14/2014I have to say I have never received better service than I did at Russell's this past week when I took my wife for dinner there to celebrate our anniversary. We do a lot of fine dining and the level of service we received was like nothing I have ever seen in any city we have visited. Our waiter's name was Humberto and he made us feel like we were family. His expertise and suggestions were so helpful and made for the perfect evening. We can't wait to come back to Russell's with friends and enjoy his expertise again!Special Features:
- CBDINNERDined on 10/12/2014This is our favorite steak dinning restaurant. The service and quality of food has always been exceptional. I would rank this as the best Restaurant in this areal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunshinesunshineDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I took are 2 nieces there for ones 16th birthday we were able to get 2 room which were very beautiful,we had dinner reservation at 7 but we ended up being 15 minutes early,Russell as always is standing there ready to great you was able to seat us right way,the waiter was o top of his game very nice and sociable ,the food was suburb ,and Russell came over to the table to wish my nice a Happy Birthday and gave her a sign autograph of his new book then the waiter came out and gave her a plate of chocolate strawberrys super nice what a night to remeberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.10thbdaypartyDined on 10/12/2014Thank you SO much to the staff at Russell's. This visit was celebrating our daughter's 10th birthday and everything went absolutely perfectly. She was thrilled and we all LOVED the food- as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Engagement DinnerPaulLiedkieDined on 10/11/2014I set up my engagement dinner through the online opentable site, and received my confirmation almost immediately. Then I sprang to life arranging for roses to be delivered to the table after dinner through the help of the manager on duty. I also left a digital camera with the hostess to have someone record our big night when I would propose. The food was exquisite. Both my fiancé and myself had the filet which was grilled to perfection. By the time we finished our meals and wine, we had no room for the dessert that was included. From the soup to the last bite of the steak, everything was perfect. Thank you to our server Gary who did everything we needed to make our night perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More was a wonderful evening for my wife and myself. I have recommended it to others already and look forward to dining there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyment1stimehereDined on 10/10/2014It all started when we arrived, the hostess gave us an alert vibrator, but to my surprise Mr Russell was standing there and said do you have a reservation and directed his staff to seat us immediately. I thought that had so much character and great service. It was our first time dining at Russell's and my wife and I had a great time. The service and staff were very professional and pleasant and the food was also delious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceRAD14Dined on 10/10/2014We were very impressed with the service but the meal was subpar. The steaks were not very impressive and mine was served with an out of season tomato and 2 undercooked asparagus wrapped in prosciutto. The worst part was the creme brûlée that didn't have the signature brûlée top and tasted like a sweet omelette.....definitely not the typical creamy egg custard we were craving.
- Overpriced & Didn't Honor RequestCynthiaDined on 10/10/2014I made reserviations on line 10 days before the dinner date with a request for a quiet table due to my father's hearing impairment. Talked to someone on the phone twice to confirm request and ask for a corner table or next to a wall. Was assured it was "not a problem". Our first table was in the middle of a room below a speaker. Asked to move and they did move us, but still in the middle of another room, not corner table as requested over the phone. Food was good, but not exceptional. Could have used more seasoning. Have had equivalent quality meals for less money. My meal was luke warm. Dining companions was hot. The one thing that was exceptional was the service - fabulous!! One thing that may bring me back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- night outroscoeDined on 10/10/2014Server got the steaks mixed up (party of 4). The veal chop had a sauce which covered the crab meat which had a negative effect on the flavor. Vegetables were under cooked and were too big for the plate. Server was interjecting himself into our conversations. Portions were too large (14oz.) For the price not great valueSpecial Features:
- OutstandingtimesarespecialDined on 10/9/2014First time at Russel's, it was our anniversary. We could not have chosen a better place to celebrate. The dining room is exquisite, charming romantic. The waiter Chris was just so great. Explained everything on the menu, he made sure we understood it all, and asked if we had any questions. We ordered oysters, they came on a lighted serving platter, over crushed ice. What a nice touch. The steaks melted in our mouth, all the food was so special and tasteful. Give many compliments to the chef. Overall a very good dining experience. All the extras they provide make it a very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AgainJeffGDined on 10/8/2014Another fantastic dinner at Russell's. Never disappointed!Special Features:
- FoodJohnDined on 10/6/2014Food is very good. Parking is very sufficient. The atmosphere at the bar is excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant to dineluv2pickDined on 10/5/2014We really enjoyed a beautiful quite evening at Russell's steaks,chops and more. The setting was perfect and clean, our server was number one, polite and knowledgeable, and friendly. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parDeeDeeDined on 10/4/2014We had been to Russell's before and everything was excellent, but not so this time. Our waitress - not only once, but twice, removed our drinks from our table before we were done with them. The same also happened with our plates, when we were not done. They were just scooped away without asking if we were done. Also, I had the Chicken stuffed with crab and it was Very dry - way overcooked, I actually had to remove a piece at the top that was burnt black. Not up to par with what we expected from our previous visit. The bar area though is great - wonderful ambience.Special Features:
- AwesomeBeef1Dined on 10/3/2014We are not from the Buffalo area and came to Russells to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. It was well worth the trip. Fantastic service, great atmosphere and the food was incredible!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014The food and service was great . This is the place we usually celebrate our anniversary. We were thoroughly disappointed in the fact that we made reservations and still had to wait 30 minutes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLuvRussellsDined on 10/3/2014Every year this will be a tradition for my anniversary. Hands down best food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandimgDavidDined on 10/2/2014One of the top restaurants in Western New York. The decor, the service and most of all, the food, is spectacular!Special Features:
- cant wait to return!justmarriedDined on 10/1/2014Delicious! My fiance and I came here two nights before our wedding. The food, service and atmosphere were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEbonyeyesDined on 9/28/2014Nice atmosphere great service great food very nice restaurant the prices fits the service you get and the food that's serviced highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.