Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
6675 Transit Rd
Williamsville, NY 14221Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salvatoresgrand.com/
- Phone: (716) 636-4900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Joe Chambers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have banquet space that can accommodate up to 75 people. Give us a call for further information and menus.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Bingel 716-636-4900
- Entertainment: Step back in time or groove to the top 40 as Russell's presents "Cocktails and Concerts" each night in our lounge. A Blue Ray DVD collection of 200 concerts will sure to include your favorites, all shown life size and in surround sound on our 4 103" T.V.s.
A word from Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More
Come see for yourself what 60 years of hard work has created. Russ Salvatore continues to work every night insuring perfection. While completing his finest vision yet, Russ has created a Steak House that continues to impress. While In Buffalo experience his genuine hospitality and delicious cuisine all under one roof at the new Salvatore’s Grand Hotel and his signature restaurant… Russell’s Steaks, Chops & More. Start your evening with something special from our vibrant menu. With service and quality above the rest, we have pulled out all the stops to create an intimate atmosphere for your dining experience with modern décor and hand-crafted finishing touches Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Russell's Steaks, Chops, and More reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (279)romantic (237)good for groups (100)notable wine list (96)fit for foodies (89)vibrant bar scene (74)neighborhood gem (71)hot spot (41)late-night find (24)great for lunch (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great venue...Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We have visited Russell's many times and have never been disappointed until our last visit. The room was as always immaculate and hotel service top notch. Our disappointment was with our dining experience and your wine list.Paul was our server on Sunday evening and our impression was...he would have preferred to be anywhere but work. He was not engaging and not once did a smile cross his face. We were celebrating my husband's 70th birthday and while we were thankful no one sang...Paul plunked down the dessert and literally walked away. Unfortunately, we also felt the quality and presentation of the food has also deteriorated. Okay...but nothing spectacular...as has been the case in the past. On another note...and maybe I'm a bit prejudiced as I am in the industry...however I would like to see a few Ontario wines on your wine list. Your selection is awesome...but does not represent one winery from an area that has been producing amazing wines. Given the number of Ontario residents who frequent Russell's...I'd love to see some selection. We will be back...as there have been too many awesome experiences not to. We will just request someone other than Paul. Thanks for the follow up... Bill & Peggy ThorneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinDined on 11/23/2014Russel's is great at all levels. Great Food, Service and ambiance. Rusell is always around performing his hostly duties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbSADCDined on 11/22/2014Russell's never disappoint us - excellent dinner, service, ambience as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go-to restaurantBuffaloBelieverDined on 11/21/2014Russell has developed a place that Western New York can be proud to showcase to clients, friends and relatives from out of town. It is the place we always recommend because of its atmosphere, food, and value. Russ' commitment to the restaurant, and Buffalo, is an inspiration to anyone who has met the man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SNOWvember Storm DiningBuffaloGalVIPDined on 11/21/2014We dined with another couple. Our visit started out in the vibrant bar area. Very lively and fun. We had a glass of wine and made some friends while sitting at the bar. Everyone was enjoying their bar time for sure! Our table was ready on time and we were seated in the center of the main dining room. Many larger groups having dinner. We noticed some men who had traveled into Buffalo to help with the big snow storm clean up. My friend commented that Russell probably invited them to have dinner and stay at the hotel as a thank you for their help to shovel Buffalo out of the big SNOWvember storm. Dinner was delicious. We chose the dinner for 2 which included dessert. Yummy from beginning to end! Thank you Russell for always a great meal and giving back to our community!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ResturantrobbieDined on 11/20/2014My wife and I have dined at Russell's a few times and every time we have spent time there it only seems to get better and better. We rate Russell's as one of the best eating establishment in the Buffalo area. The dining experience is always exceptional. One thing to note is that most times we have been there, Mr. Salvatore is there to greet you and have a short conversation with you. This to me means alot as he is very personal and runs a top class restaurant. We will visit for dinner in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very warm and romantic place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We were welcomed by Russell himself at the door, and it just got better from there. We were ushered to a quaint "couples booth" complete with soft pillows for lounging near. There were fireplaces on the walls, warm colors on the walls, and smiles on the faces of all the workers. We made our reservation online and noted in the comments section that one of us had a severe mushroom allergy, and the first thing the waiter mentioned was that he had already checked with the chef on what I would be able to eat that night. So many places don't care about it, and this place went out of their way to take care of it before I even stepped foot into their restaurant. We were very impressed with the ambiance, but it was only exceeded by the food. Their bread was fantastic, and we both ordered steaks that melted in our mouths. We will definitely be going here again for another special event. Can't recommend them highly enough. It was a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat,meat,and more meatCarnivore99Dined on 11/17/2014We had the filet and we tried the veal chop for the first time and it simply the best, perfectly seasoned and cooked to order and our waiter was there all the time, great job Russell'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a romantic date night!VioletsareblueDined on 11/15/2014We loved this place. The atmosphere was relaxing and romantic. The Australian lobster tail was perfectly cooked, and the Belgium chocolate cake was fantastic. They have an extensive wine list, and delicious cocktails as well. We will definitely be returning. The entire experience was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSuperbDined on 11/10/2014Every year I take my wife here for our anniversary. Happiest day of the year for her going to Russell's and the food is nothing less than the best. Service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014One of the best. Great Staff, friendly, helpful. Food is outstanding. Restaurant is well laid out, has a great atmosphere, very attractive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014It was my wife's 75th Birthday. A great place for special occasions. Food was excellent as usual. We enjoyed our evening. A special thanks to our waiter "Ryan" who was very pleasant.Special Features:
- LockcityLockCityDined on 11/8/2014Had a wonderful meal for two. Filet Mignon was cooked perfectly. Russ Salvatore greeted us with a smile.Special Features:
- SUPERB!!!!DineoutDined on 11/8/2014Everything about the evening was done professionally, Mr. Salvatore greeted us and was very pleasant.(not something you see at other restaurants. Our server was exceptional, very accommodating, knowledgable, and very respectful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining, food and serviceFrankDined on 11/6/2014Four of us dined at Russell’s on Nov. 6, 2014. The couple that went with us had never been there before and totally enjoyed their meals, the service and décor as well as we did. We dine there at least twice a year mainly during special occasions and to enjoy Salvatore’s Memorial park in front of his restaurant. During July 2015, Mr. Salvatore will be adding four additional memorials to the park, which is already a must see. I jokingly told him if I had known he was going to be adding additional statues I could have saved the money flying to Washington DC and back a few months ago to see them.Special Features:
- fantasticethelcoddingtonDined on 11/4/2014It was a great experience loved everything about it all. Everyone was very pleasant food great the best place we have ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsGiacomoDined on 11/4/2014We have been coming to Russell's for several years for the overnight dinner package and gave never been disappointed. Food and service classy and consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Spectacular ServiceMikewife2008Dined on 11/2/2014I have never had service so spectacular. The wait staff was unbelievable. They were friendly and very attentive. The food was perfect. I have never had tastier filet mignon. I would recommend this establishment to everyone I know and even to those I don't know. What also made it special is that Mr. Salvatore was there and greeting his guests. That really shows he truly appreciate your business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Truly memorable dining experience! Service was superb and the food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!TeriSDined on 11/2/2014My friends and I had a wonderful dinner at Russell's Steaks, Chops and More this past weekend. My friends especially loved their loster tail dinners with chef's mashed potato. Couldn't stop raving about it! I enjoyed a filet mignon cooked just how I like it -- other restaurants cannot seem to do it. The service was perfect. All in all a great night out.Special Features:
- Best in town!DebbieDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I have been celebrating our anniversary at Russell's for several years and our 30th this year was no different! Great tood, awesome service! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Evening diningRalphTDined on 11/2/2014The ambiance was par excellence. The food and service was outstanding! Russell Salvatore and his excellent support staff have put the dining experience on a level that very few could equal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAK!!!!Sanbri40Dined on 11/1/2014All of the food was delicious but the steak was incredible! We have never had a steak so tender & flavorful. Everything about Russell's was wonderful & made our special occasion even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!TommyDDined on 10/31/2014Everything about Russell's was exceptional! The service was top-notch, the food was excellent and the restaurant itself is beautiful. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a more formal dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealSeasonedVIPDined on 10/30/2014If you like delicious food, and you enjoy being waited on, then Russell's is the perfect Steakhouse restaurant. Steak cooked perfectly, fresh chilled Shellfish, great sides of mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. My ONLY negative comment is that the asparagus accompaniment to my steak was dry and practically inedible. Mind you, if I had complained I know they would have brought over some fresh asparagus, so my fault. Always, an outstanding meal and experience. I highly recommend Russell's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2014Short wait for the table so went to the bar which was very crowded and difficult to get served. By the time served our table was ready. Nice table in the middle of the side dining area. Restaurant was pretty full but spacious seating offered privacy along with intimacy and nice decor. ordered the tower of seafood for an appetizer which was good but more like a platter than a tower. I had the rack of lamb which was delightful and my date enjoyed a 14oz filet mignon which was done to perfection and very tender. Dessert was a peanut butter pie which was light and sweet. Although $250 later the restaurant offered a perfect evening for the exception of having to muscle up for a drink at the bar beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGreyhoundDined on 10/26/2014Russel Salvatore is a class act and his businesses are top notch. Keep up the good work, I will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainingCindiLouDined on 10/25/2014Food as always delish. Service impeccable. Like being in Hello Dolly with attentiveness. Though wish bar was bigger to handle overflow for wait timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingluv2dinepepperDined on 10/25/2014First time at Russell's restaurant and hotel to quietly celebrate my fiancé birthday. It was a wonderful experience all the way around, good food, great customer service. The room and dining packages are exceptional, will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to returning......goodeaterDined on 10/25/2014There were six people in our dinner party and there was not one word anyone could say that was bad about the entire experience at Russell's. The food was excellent, our waiter was outstanding (Thank you Andrew...)....provided great service, the atmosphere was very pleasant. It was nice to be greeted by Russell when we entered the restaurant. That was my fourth time dining at Russell's and I'm really looking forward to the fifth...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful new night outvhk513Dined on 10/24/2014We went to Russell's to celebrate our anniversary. Food was delicious and service was wonderful. It is definitely at the top of my list of restaurants for celebrating special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canadian Visitorcanadiandinerfortwo339Dined on 10/24/2014The restaurant was elegant & clean. The staff was personable and very efficient. The food was delicious and there was lots of it. We will definitely be coming back to Buffalo & would highly recommend a visit!!Special Features:
- Good ambiance, great foodLondonCallingDined on 10/24/2014Russell's leaves little to chance. Thus is a five star restaurant and it shows in the wallet. We spent $400 for a table of 4. The Filet was superb and the wine selection had something for everyone. Some might not like being pampered with approximately 5 waiters standing waiting for you to take a sip if water so they can fill it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 10/23/2014Great tasting filet!Service was top notch! Excellent Resturant all around!Special Features:
- DisappointedBirthdayLetDownDined on 10/21/2014I come to Russell's for special occasions. I came her last year for my birthday, my anniversary and Tuesday for my boyfriends 30th birthday. I was very disappointed because it was not worth what it cost! My boyfriends steak was greasy, so much so a pool of grease was left on his plate. The plating was not aesthetically pleasing and my steak was overcooked. Additionally our bruschetta bread which is usually served warm came out cold. Our waiter Bob was inattentive which was alarming to me considering there was hardly anone in there. This made me not want to return to Russells again which is unfortunate since I was very fond of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysLarryDined on 10/20/2014Once again the food was fabulous and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014What a wonderful romantic restaurant! Russell Salvatore thinks of every detail. The food is amazing. My favorite special occasion restaurant in western new York.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it89springerDined on 10/19/2014Our experience was very good overall. Seated about fifteen minutes after reservation time - reasonably acceptable. The menu was a bit confusing. Dinner for two specials can be ordered individually but not clear on the menu. Also, the small portions of items on dinner for two can be ordered ala-carte. Waitress was a little patronizing when explaining these options. Being our first visit - a little navigation without the attitude is needed. Strip steaks ordered were very good, cooked as ordered as was the rack of lamb. Bread course was not on par with the rest of the meal. Requested a birthday desert for the wife which was a red velvet/cream cheese cake. Very good. Coffee outstanding. Food was well presented, hot and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceAnniversaryDined on 10/19/2014We went to Russell's for our first year anniversary and had a very good experience. The service was efficient, and the food was great. I was particularly impressed with the wait staff (busboys, etc). They were dressed in suits and were on top of everything. We each had a steak, and they were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- JellybeanDined on 10/19/2014Russell's has excellent steaks and great ambiance and is our favorite restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.