9546 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rushstreetculvercity.com/
- Phone: (310) 837-9546
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Dinner: Thursday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 10:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Norhtrup
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Laren@rushstreetculvercity.com for details.
- Private Party Contact: La Ren Payne 3108379546x304
A word from Rush Street
Chicago's rowdy Rush Street comes to Culver City in the form of a restaurant, bar and lounge. Executive chef Dave Northrup will focus on "bar-centric" dishes like buffalo chicken dumplings with blue cheese and fried shallot dressing, pulled barbecue pork sliders and Kobe pigs-in-a-blanket, plus grilled New Zealand lamb racks and brick oven-cooked pizzas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rush Street - Best Restaurants in Culver City ›
Rush Street reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (15)hot spot (14)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Felt like home!!ChicagoloveDined on 11/9/2014Being from Chicago, this was a great spot, felt like I was at home in the Viagra Triangle!! Great food, great drinks, service was good and an overall great experience. Two thumbs up for RUSH Street.Special Features:
- jennynpDined on 11/9/2014Great food and service. The prices are reasonable as well!Special Features:
- Great for dinner and drinksSemigeekgirlDined on 11/8/2014We arrived and were seated quickly. Staff was a little bit busy, but very nice and competent. All in all, it met our expectations.Special Features:
- Diner with friendsChouchouandLoulouDined on 11/8/2014Great follow up! The restaurant called me 4 hours before to confirm our reservation:)Special Features:
- great foodpixie85Dined on 11/2/2014I went on a Sunday afternoon. It was crowded but the food arrived quickly. The only issue was parking. There's no reasonable parking around there so that's a minus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2014Poor service. This place is a TV bar that offers food. If you want to see a game on TV great - otherwise this is not the establishment for you.
- Good not greatYellowsergeDined on 10/31/2014Very good chicken dish, and a good selection of beers on tap like Dogfish 90min IPA. My particular burger was overcooked though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service okay foodRaw70Dined on 10/28/2014Location is great and the food is okay the service is great don't know if I go back again anytime soon but it's a nice place to try at least once in your life. I am told the VIP lounge is much better but we'll see maybe one daySpecial Features:
- Decent americanaNatalieBVIPDined on 10/17/2014Rush Street is a mildly upscale gastropub, with a sports tv emphasis. Great for going with a group of buddies for burgers, fries (esp truffle fries) or mac & cheese while watching whoever's playing that day. Service is good. Don't expect to be able to have intimate conversations though - this place is bustling and noisy.Special Features:
- Date nightJennPDined on 10/15/2014My boyfriend and I try to have at least 1 date night per week and we are always looking for new places to try. I looked on Open Table for Culver City and found Rush street and decided to try it. I booked reservations for 7:15 and we barely got there on time because we had trouble finding it. When we got there we were greeted by the hostess and taken to our table. The service was great, the atmosphere was perfect for us after a long, hard day at work. The bar scene was great and high energy like our waitress. The food we ordered came out quickly and was very good. I would love to go back just to hang out at the bar and have a couple of drinks and appetizers!Special Features:
- Crowded - nice barDaveDined on 10/9/2014Great vibe in this perfect location downtown Culver City. Menu is on the shy side, but food was really good.Special Features:
- LunchRuthlasVIPDined on 10/5/2014This is a great place to go if you want to sit outside and people watch. The food is good and the bartender serves a good drink. Do not go here if you want a quiet meal. It is a sports bar on the inside. Very very loud and noisy and you cannot carry on a conversation.there are many Tv's on at the same time and it is often very crowded.Special Features:
- Rush streetliciaDined on 10/3/2014The food and ambiance were great. My only complaint was that some of the items were way overpriced. However, I think most people stick to the burgers which aren't that expensive. Great place overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and EntertainingSteakLoverVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great spot for good food and good drinks; very lively spot and great for game watching as well.Special Features:
- New menu rocksBillSVIPDined on 9/30/2014The menu has been updated thanks to a new chef coming on board. The food is much improved. Good stuff!Special Features:
- Rush Street - A CharmerDivineFoodLoverDined on 9/20/2014Rush Street has a rustic, modern décor. I love the ambience, its quiet elegance. The food is always consistent. The staff is friendly and very cordial. Rush Street is definitely on my favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodJburgartVIPDined on 9/18/2014The service was incredible for our group of 7 ladies. They seated us quickly and let us take our time enjoy our meal and chatting even though they were quite busy at lunch. The food was delicious, no complaints. I had the shrimp and lobster roll with the Caesar salad and it was delicious! The salted caramel pudding was good too.Special Features:
- first week NFLkatkDined on 9/7/2014this is a bear's bar but lots of other teams' fans show up so it's nice. bottomless mimosas are a great way to start the day. they changed up their menu a bit so there are some new items. i stuck with an old faithful breakfast burrito and it was still tasty. manager was super nice and came around a couple times. our server was pretty attentive too and we were a somewhat difficult big group. thanks for a nice morning~Special Features:
- RochelleDined on 9/5/2014We were treated well and given a free dessert for the Birthday Girl.Special Features:
- DRINKSrkbkVIPDined on 9/4/2014BEST HAPPY HOUR AROUND. DON'T ORDER CHICKEN CEASAR, BORING LIFELESS. AND PLEASE CLONE STEVEN THE BARTENDER. THE LAST TWO TIMES I VISITED, DANE NOT OFFENSE WAS THE BARTENDER. HE CANNOT MAKE AN OLD FASHIONED. STEVEN MAKES AN EXCELLENT ONE, SO IT WAS A BUMMER TWO TIMES IN A ROW TO HAVE A DRINK THAT NOT GOOD.Special Features:
- Bar Food in Culver CityBillyLaLaDined on 9/3/2014You could do worse than Rush Street for a quick bite, or drinks and appies with a group of friends. But don't go expecting a "dining experience": this is a bar which serves food, and that is the order of priorities. Comfy banquettes need back cushions to get patrons positioned properly for dining (the center column which supports the table makes it impossible to get the table close enough to sit against the back of the banquette while eating). Appetizers are yummy and portions are impressive - try one or more of the flatbreads to share. Entrées are the let-down here: a higher level of expertise is needed from the kitchen in order to make the comfort food selections actually comforting and appetizing. Very friendly, accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mehweubged1Dined on 8/23/2014I used to love this place. I don't know why it's gone downhill, but the cocktails were basically a fruit punch with no alcohol. The food was just mediocre. Whereas I frequented this place I probably won't go back :(
- Second time not a charmtparnell12Dined on 8/22/2014My wife works in Culver City, walking distance from Rush Street, so we've eaten here a couple times. We liked it enough the first time to come back but were not as happy on our second visit. The entire problem centered around the service; I don't know what was going on (maybe they were training some new people) but our server was extremely poor. After we were seated, it took close to 10 minutes for our server to come to our table. By then, we simply ordered then. The food and drinks arrived in reasonable time but when it came time to pay, we had to wait again. Not a horrible experience but not the best. I still tipped the guy 16% (which is low for me). I will go back but I won't rush.Special Features:
- Great for fun and foodblondemtlhdDined on 8/20/2014Service and food were outstanding! The drinks were fantastic. Everyone had fun!Special Features:
- what a let downijioVIPDined on 7/30/2014I've been to this place 4-5 times before, and the last two times it was just terrible--first time, I thought I caught a chef on a bad night--happens to all places, but second time, I was really upset--hummus and spinach dip tasted runny and as if prev. frozen, ahi burger was 80% bread 12% fish and then a little avocado, drinks were weak and their well specials gave half of our party a headache the next day
- Disappointed!aviddiner20146Dined on 7/27/2014Very disappointed. The service was slow and very unattentative. The chicken was overpriced for the cost. $18 for a very small piece of chicken. There were times we couldnt find our waitress when we just wanted our water glasses filled. Would not recommend and not go back there.. Dont waste your time or money.
- Pleasantly SurprisedTinaODined on 7/26/2014We returned to Rush for DineLA. For $25 we were not expecting much. It was amazing. Great selection, we tried all 3 appetizers, salad, mac and cheese and soup. By far the Mac and Cheese was top rated by our table, although the others were excellent as well. We each had a different main course. The Salmon and Chicken were excellent, cooked exactly as expected, perfect seasoning and right temperature. If we were not full enough dessert, Key Lime Pie, Sticky Pudding and Cheese cake, were all so good we could not pick a favorite. The service was excellent, there when you needed but not hovering. Loved it.Special Features:
- The following 628 reviews are from the Rush Street reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2014I absolutely love Rush. The service was prompt and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend getting the Mac and Cheese, as well as their signature burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!TABeatsDined on 7/18/2014Always enjoy the great food and excellent service. Something for everyone. Really like the vibe!Special Features:
- Great WaitressWaitressDined on 7/13/2014Our waitress, (short black hair) was phenomenal. Things were crazy with world cup and she took extra care to make sure we were able to receive our drinks and food quickly. Even under pressure she was able to check up on us and make us feel welcomedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried Something NewrkbkVIPDined on 7/10/2014Asked for Calamari extra crispy, it came crispy and topped with cheese. One of the best I 've had. Also ordered flat bread for the first time and it was very tasty. The brick chicken was very good, but it tasted different from previous times. I remember a garlicky taste, this time very strong mustard taste. it was very tasty though!!Special Features:
- RushCorbycorbVIPDined on 7/4/2014Service was great. Food was excellent. Overall a very good experience. Would definately come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ray144VIPDined on 7/4/2014Rush St. is an always hopping, go to place for some good basic food in downtown Culver City. I will keep going back there again and again.Special Features:
- disappointed againrkbkVIPDined on 6/26/2014The menu has changed. The previous Hummus plate was great. It had a variety of hummus, great almonds and olives. The new one on the menu was very disappointing. The hummus was ok. But now it is just a bowl of hummus with pita bread, boring. Please bring back the hummus plate. My party agreed we like the old one better. We are regular customers. Maybe its time to change the booths to something more interesting instead plain blk. Also the cushions in the booths could be more supportive. But as always love your happy hour drinks and prices, tried the Tavern would not go back too expensive, lousy happy hour!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MitziDined on 6/24/2014Met my daughter here for dinner last night. The food was delicious. The service was professional and friendly. And the ambiance was trendy and laid back. The noise level was lively, but not off putting. We didn't have to lean in or shout to hold a conversation. Overall I enjoyed Rush, and I'd definitely dine there again. By the way, the toffee pudding is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudterilynnVIPDined on 6/20/2014Our waiter was great and the food was pretty good but super loud in this place! I would go back but hard to talk with more than a few people- opposite of intimate and romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchRuthlasVIPDined on 6/18/2014Food good, waiter cute but not attentive enough for my likingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great!claudia0916Dined on 6/13/2014Been here for lunch and dinner. Food and service is always great!Special Features:
- Too Loud!CulverCityDinerDined on 6/6/2014Food was very good. Service was outstanding. Noise level was overbearing. We were there for a special occasion and while our server went above and beyond to make it special, the enjoyment factor was diminished by the fact that a large, boisterous crowd of 12 imbibing diners was seated next to our quiet corner table. Even though I was sitting less than a foot from my companion, it was impossible to carry on a conversation. Near the end of our lunch, I went to the restroom in the back of the building and I could hear them yelling at each other from in there! Management should have done something to mitigate the situation, like seating the loud partying crowd upstairs, away from the other diners.Special Features:
- Great SpotPirateSunnyDined on 5/31/2014Rush street is one of my favorite brunch spots. The food is great, the mimosas are wonderful and you are welcome to enjoy your food as long as you want. The servers area friendly and never try to hurry you.Special Features: