Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge
100 - 207 9th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1K3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rushoceanprime.com/
- Phone: 4032717874x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30pm - 1:00am, Saturday: (Dinner only): 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Keen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights.
- Special Events: Rush Ocean Prime is a fabulous venue in which to hold any type of special event. We've done intimate cocktail birthday parties for 20 all the way up to large buyout events for the Grey Cup and corporate Christmas parties. Contact Carolyn at 403.705.0577.
A word from Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge
A reflection of Alberta's signature hospitality, Rush Ocean Prime's downtown location occupies a large space in what was once Calgary's main post office, a magnificent building modernized. With a new look, new menu, and new attitude, the new Rush relaxes downtown dining with a bold, brash and evolved offer. Rush aims to surprise guests with inventive, globally inspired food from land to sea. Generous portions of steak and seafood are served up alongside sommelier selected wines and handcrafted cocktails. From the attentive service to the open, contemporary space, Rush sets the stage for memorable every-day encounters – whether it is a coveted spot in the lavish dining room or shared small plates and drinks in the lounge after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (18)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (14)romantic (13)good for groups (10)notable wine list (10)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Extremely NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/21/2014We didn't end up staying in the lounge because on a Tuesday night they had a singer and band. It was extremely noisy and we couldn't even carry on a conversation so we left. Not sure what they are going for with a band on Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Better lunches can be had in YYCtmbizDined on 10/17/2014Seafood chowder was luke warm, and the seafood was presented in shell - this diner does not want to de-shell their clams or mussels to eat soup, and furthermore no plates are even offered for the shells so you have to put them in the soup bowl you are eating out of once you've de-shelled them. Waitress dropped off the bill - and never came back! I watched her walk to the rear of the restaurant, put my credit card in the folio, and kept waiting…. and waiting… and waiting… and waiting… and no one came to pick up the folio. So after 15 minutes I left cash, and left, and couldn't wait to write this review. There are better offerings for a business lunch in Calgary, I will continue to support downtown restaurants, just not this one.
- PoorDined on 10/14/2014Music too loud in bar. Food was no better than average. Won't be back.
- Great meal, great serviceCrispy301Dined on 10/11/2014Went on a Friday night, sat in the lounge. Excellent dinner and desert, loved the red velvet cake :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sides and live musicHelenDined on 10/1/2014The best thing is the live music, the little sides - SO TASTY - and the extended wine list, the cellar is huge! Good service, they were late with the dessert but somebody came to apologize and didn't charge it on the bill. Great experience!Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014Some nice selections on the menu. The salmon is always good, as are the fried chicken sandwich and salad selections.Special Features:
- Fair Experience, with misses...EverDined on 9/27/2014Rush was one of our favourite restaurants to visit (for special occasions or when we have visitors), but our last visit was disappointingly average. It started terribly... the reservation we booked was wrong and they had to scrambled to find us a table for four. The service provided by our server was good and attentive. Glasses were refilled without request and quality check done throughout our meals. The food, usually one of the highlight, was the problem. One of the steak was under cooked tremendously (medium rare instead of medium well), the beef short ribs were too salty (both dishes) and the carrots were too spicy on the wagyu steak. I am disappointed with the mistake on the steak and the restaurant glossing over it.
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Great atmosphere! The last time I was at RUSH was beofre the renovations and they did a great job. It really opens up the place. The Seafood Cobb was great (my only suggestion is presentation). It was slightly grilled which was fine, but a whole head of romaine, grilled and whole was a little much. The Seafood was excellent as was the dressing. We had dessert and it was worth it. Should have had it first! The server did an amaazing job: knew thre menu, was around without being at the table contstantly. Perfect for a business lunch. I will be back.Special Features:
- samfernandesVIPDined on 8/28/2014A little surprised that they ran out of their lunch express menu at 12:30 but my table went and had the steak sandwiches. Sides were good. Overall a good meal but not memorable.Special Features:
- Made our night very specialNurseMVIPDined on 8/9/2014Rush has incredible food and impeccable service. Our server was absolutely wonderful - both personable and charming while being knowledgable and professional, he was also a sommelier which lovely! My husband had a delicious entree while I tried the sushi which was a delightful surprise, it's nice to have that kind of variety because often very high end restaurants have a slightly more limited (albeit delicious) selection. Our lemon tart was the perfect end! It was our first wedding anniversary and rush made it a special and memorable experience for us! I would recommend Rush to anyone who values the difference wonderful service can make to a meal and how it can enhance already stunning foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a Rush-ed lunchLeafsfanVIPDined on 7/30/20144 of us had lunch at Rush and it was a really good experience. The waitress was pleasant, upbeat, efficient and knew the menu well. We were able to take our time and this allowed the lunch to stretch a little which worked for our group. 3 of our group had the salmon steak and I only heard good things from them. I had the wagyu burger and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I couldn't finish it because it was huge! I will happily go back for lunch with another business group!Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseGolfBarbieDined on 7/23/2014First time back at Rush since the renovation. Great to be able to get a table for lunch time. The server was friendly and helpful and very accommodating. The food came out and was delicious! We were back to work on time. My lunch partner and I decided this place is definately a keeper and the fried chicken salad became an immediate favorite for us. Thanks BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GomanVIPDined on 7/11/2014Lovely, lovely food, slightly obsequious but very talented server, Open Table app users need to be sure not to be booked into Lounge instead of Restaurant in error. Underloved gem!Special Features:
- Disappointed :(SadFaceDined on 7/4/2014Food was excellent. Service was horrible. After our food was dropped off we never saw our waiter again till we needed to pay. After we were done we asked for our leftover food to go...it wasn't till we got home we noticed we never did get our food (we did stick around after paying about 10 minutes) Unhappy :(Special Features:
- The following 176 reviews are from the Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge reviews archive.
- Good food in the downtown areaWeedyVIPDined on 6/24/2014Good seafood and other main courses. Excellent oysters and crab cake starters. Good bar. Could do without the loud music. But fine service and a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchRingtailDined on 6/24/2014Food was great, quiet enough so we could talk, server was attentive but not interruptive, good price point, new décor is very nice. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but slowschligDined on 6/19/2014Had a group of 5 for a business lunch. Service was not very attentive. Slow to take our order. Food took awhile which is fine. It was very good. All finished then sat a long time before plates were cleared. Then another long wait for the bill. An hour and a half for lunch is a little longer than most people like to take. Will likely return but probably not for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back again.JamesVIPDined on 5/23/2014First of what wil be many visits! Excellent food, great wine list, beautiful lounge and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely anniversary dinnerwelovefoodDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I enjoyed our 1 year anniversary dinner at Rush. AMAZING food, GREAT service, BEAUTIFUL restaurant. The music was a little loud, but overall we had a wonderful time!!! We will be recommending Rush to our friends and family!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchtastyDined on 4/29/2014An excellent location, great service and fantastic food.Special Features:
- Second chance failNicknchicknVIPDined on 4/25/2014We found the quality of food for pricing is way off base. We have booked twice through Open Table and ended up in the lounge. No music to make it worthwhile. Wine selection is great but overpriced and the food quality doesn't pair well. We won't be going back.
- RushcornerstoneDined on 4/2/2014Overall was fantastic - food was outstanding and the service was excellent - server (I apologize for lack of name) was friendly and knowledgeable and great. We had a table in the lounge, which was good, wanted the more relaxed setting. One problem was the music was very loud, we were almost yelling to each other to talk. Asked to turn it down, which they may have - not sure, it wasn't much better. Restaurant side would be much better. It's not an "ultra lounge" I don't think - so not sure why they need to "blast" music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor valueDbluuDined on 3/25/2014$22 for a bit of ahi and some lettuce. Service was great. But won't be rushing back.
- Glad to have them backFreshSeekerVIPDined on 3/21/2014We have just been back since the remodel and very happy with the outcome. Food was great and service was perfect. The salmon was tasty and cooked perfectly. Don't forget to save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not Great.foodieDined on 3/15/2014Although we enjoyed the food we were disappointed that we were not sat in the dining area but rather sat in the lounge area, it was very loud and my wife and I were trying to have a romantic dinner, not quite what we had envisioned. Server was good but was very busy so she got to us when she could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Reno....food/service OKAngelaDVIPDined on 3/15/2014I was excited to try this spot after their recent renovaiton. The lounge/bar area is much better after the reno, more open and a better vibe. Sadly....the food and service was just OK. We were a party of 2 having 3 courses. A large group sat beside us for drinks, so we were abandoned. Food got dropped from the kitchen with no offer for fresh pepper, and by the time anyone came back the food was cold. Just OK. Too bad.Special Features:
- It is pricey, but I don'tFoodieDined on 3/12/2014It is pricey, but I don't mind paying for a meal that I thoroughly enjoyed. The crab cake was extremely meaty and haddock dish more than exceeded my expectations. The live music was a very pleasant surprise and added a nice touch to the ambiance.Special Features:
- liked the ambienceAntigogoDined on 3/8/2014Beautiful surroundings. Mediterranean salad very good. Scallops and steak o.k. - serving of steak too small and sides minuscule. Waitress brought me the wrong wine- service o.k. a bit loudSpecial Features:
- Great experience despite hiccupsBdaydinnerDined on 3/8/2014I attended Rush in the Lounge with my family for birthday dinner after hearing rave reviews from friends. The menu definitely lived up to the reviews!! We enjoyed the seafood tower which was some great variety of cold appetizers. The entrees were also amazing!! Our table had quite a few various issues regarding wine and menu selection and some delays in dessert service, but to me this was just a reminder that even Calgary's high-end restaurants are still subject to human error. It was unfortunate that it seemed like a series of hiccups, but the management of Rush did an excellent job of addressing the situation which goes to show that it's not about being 100% perfect, but recognizing how to follow up properly if needed. Will be back!Special Features:
- Good service and food at Rush againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2014Rush continues to be a great lunch and after-work spot in downtown YYC.Special Features:
- Looking forwrd to a fun evening.CareyDined on 3/1/2014Just two of us. Casual in the lounge. The service was excellent. Very nice wine list, with lots of selection at any price point. Enjoyed a 2003 Casa Lapostolle at tremendous value. Oysters were fresh. Not my favorite migonette, a little strong on the onion, but still I judge a restaurant that specializes in seafood, based on the seafood and the oysters were excellent. The crab roll was nicely presented and tasty. It was -30 the evening we went and the lounge was busy. Big table and small tables so the environment was vibrant. All in all a great evening. Will definately be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remembering ...outandaboutDined on 2/22/2014We dined Saturday 6pm on a cold Feb night. Atmosphere/people friendly & pleasant; more than just a lounge. Clean look; bathrooms were clean (altho' dark & had to figure out how to get the water to come out of faucet). Black toilets. Food was excellent (very tasty); appetizer dip was scrumptious, 6oz steak, chicken breast, shared huge red velvet cake (too heavy for our liking). Will definitely go back & try other dishes. Lovely dish presentations. Advised server Theatre performance started at 7:30pm when we ordered. Service reduced when busier but once we got her attn to get bills, process was fast. Chating was difficult as a group of people were particularly loud plus music. Great seating variety: tables,booths,tall chairs. Good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes for the worseEveryonesaCriticDined on 2/21/2014Rush used to be my 'Go-To' restaurant from it's opening day to the recent reno. This was my first occasion to dine since it became 'Rush Ocean Prime'. I would suggest that if you are going to add 'Ocean' to the name of a restaurant in Calgary, you should have your chefs learn how to cook fish. I was beyond disappointed that they could not manage a simple substitution due to allergy and that my plate was unappetizingly brown/white and the fish was frozen and then overcooked. You will not fool me twice at those prices.
- Love the New Look, The foodLovieDined on 2/15/2014Love the New Look, The food was AMAZING and service was Spectacular. I highly recommend this as a great place for small groups or a whole gang of friends. They have private areas as well as large open areas. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Valentine's DinnerJetgirlDined on 2/14/2014We went to Rush for Valentine's Day. They offered their regular menu as well as a pre-set one just for the occasion. We chose the pre-sent and it was delicious from beginning to end - which was a butter cake that I just couldn't stop eating although I was stuffed. The first three courses included shrimp, scallops, braised ribs, potatoes, deviled eggs, bacon. I enjoyed every bite and the service was outstanding. The space itself is classy and open but does have booths if you prefer a little privacy. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Date SpotCGYRunnerDined on 2/13/2014This newly reopened restaurant did not disappoint. The lunch service was very quick, we had our food within 12 minutes of ordering. The service was great from coat check to payment -steady and polite, not overbearing, not underwhelming. They had a great wine list, and I could see the appeal for a fancy dinner spot. The tables were spacious, the ambiance was little dark for lunch, but the bar was flanked by TV screens making it a more relaxed lunch atmosphere. Due to location, most patron looked formal and I would feel uncomfortable in anything less than business casual wear. Prices were reasonable. The Rush Burger was amazing: juicy flavorful paddy, well seasoned, very filling, divine taste. Definitely in my top 10 burgers in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Rush is amazing!PregnantDuckDined on 2/10/2014Had lunch recently to check out the new renovations. Place looks great! Looks a lot more open. Best part of the meal of course was the food. The portions are great yet affordable, and full of flavors. Will come back more than once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had high expectations andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014had high expectations and none of them were met , very disapointing
- MenuAntziDined on 2/5/2014I much preferred the old Rush menu. This menu is far more boring and standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a beautiful room butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013It is a beautiful room but lacks atmosphere and could even really be to big in some ways. There were no bread or olives on the table or offered. To me it was a bit bland, some of the group enjoyed their steak/ burgers but small veggie menu - chef offered to make something of pasta but really prefer to eat off the menu. I think I was expecting more and we thought it was simple and a bit like earls with the young waitress etc. ThanksSpecial Features: