Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge
100 - 207 9th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1K3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rushoceanprime.com/
- Phone: (403) 271-7874
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30pm - 1:00am, Saturday: (Dinner only): 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Keen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights.
- Special Events: Rush Ocean Prime is a fabulous venue in which to hold any type of special event. We've done intimate cocktail birthday parties for 20 all the way up to large buyout events for the Grey Cup and corporate Christmas parties. Contact Carolyn at 403.705.0577.
A word from Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge
A reflection of Alberta's signature hospitality, Rush Ocean Prime's downtown location occupies a large space in what was once Calgary's main post office, a magnificent building modernized. With a new look, new menu, and new attitude, the new Rush relaxes downtown dining with a bold, brash and evolved offer. Rush aims to surprise guests with inventive, globally inspired food from land to sea. Generous portions of steak and seafood are served up alongside sommelier selected wines and handcrafted cocktails. From the attentive service to the open, contemporary space, Rush sets the stage for memorable every-day encounters – whether it is a coveted spot in the lavish dining room or shared small plates and drinks in the lounge after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (17)notable wine list (12)romantic (11)hot spot (9)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Service was quickOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I liked the food and service was quick. It's perfect for business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potentialAllsaucedoutVIPDined on 11/15/2014At first arrival we were very impressed with the decor. Definitely a trendy spot for Calgary. The night started with delicious appetizers and bottles of wine from a solid wine selection. from there things seemed to go downhill. The main course was below expectations for the decor. The Waygu burger had a burnt crust and another of the meals had overcooked beef. As the night progressed it seemed the waitress was more interested in massaging her boyfriend's head than serving. It was a shame to have such negative thoughts about a place with so much potential.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, Nice Settingdinner2Dined on 11/14/2014We have been to other restaurants in this group (vintage) and enjoyed them very much. We enjoyed the Ambiance with live music, was just a bit too loud - difficult to hear each other talking. The food was just ok, not great. Service was great! Will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine listWAG48Dined on 11/8/2014RUSH ambience, food and service were all very good. The wine list was extraordinarily expensive. I had trouble finding much under $100 per bottle. I think the rich downtown crowd have driven the wine prices to stupid levels. The same wines are available at half the price elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- broke and hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We spent over $200 dollars in a couple cocktails and very small portions of food. When mentioned we were offered the opportunity to purchase side plates It tasted very good but we would never go back or recommend it to anyoneSpecial Features:
- DisappointingDinerVIPDined on 11/4/2014Poor service and bad food. Not much more to say................................................................................................................................................
- not goodnot2goodDined on 10/31/2014very slow to get our food, burgers undercooked, cold soup,
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014My three sons and I met for a birthday celebration. We have been to Rush before, but the food was outstanding this visit. We started with shrimp, Bacon and Beef tartar, all of which were outstanding. The main courses were perfectly cooked (tenderloin) and sizable. My salad had blue cheese dressing, pear and bacon and was absolutely excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing LunchMarcieetaliaDined on 10/23/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Rush. Im Celiac and they were very accommodating. Had an amazing grilled salmon on top spinach, and green beans accompanied with red and white quinoa. My friend had the fried buttermilk sandwich, which she also enjoyed. We also really enjoyed their wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely NoisyMF44VIPDined on 10/21/2014We didn't end up staying in the lounge because on a Tuesday night they had a singer and band. It was extremely noisy and we couldn't even carry on a conversation so we left. Not sure what they are going for with a band on Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Better lunches can be had in YYCtmbizVIPDined on 10/17/2014Seafood chowder was luke warm, and the seafood was presented in shell - this diner does not want to de-shell their clams or mussels to eat soup, and furthermore no plates are even offered for the shells so you have to put them in the soup bowl you are eating out of once you've de-shelled them. Waitress dropped off the bill - and never came back! I watched her walk to the rear of the restaurant, put my credit card in the folio, and kept waiting…. and waiting… and waiting… and waiting… and no one came to pick up the folio. So after 15 minutes I left cash, and left, and couldn't wait to write this review. There are better offerings for a business lunch in Calgary, I will continue to support downtown restaurants, just not this one.
- PoorDined on 10/14/2014Music too loud in bar. Food was no better than average. Won't be back.
- Great meal, great serviceCrispy301Dined on 10/11/2014Went on a Friday night, sat in the lounge. Excellent dinner and desert, loved the red velvet cake :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sides and live musicHelenDined on 10/1/2014The best thing is the live music, the little sides - SO TASTY - and the extended wine list, the cellar is huge! Good service, they were late with the dessert but somebody came to apologize and didn't charge it on the bill. Great experience!Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014Some nice selections on the menu. The salmon is always good, as are the fried chicken sandwich and salad selections.Special Features:
- Fair Experience, with misses...EverVIPDined on 9/27/2014Rush was one of our favourite restaurants to visit (for special occasions or when we have visitors), but our last visit was disappointingly average. It started terribly... the reservation we booked was wrong and they had to scrambled to find us a table for four. The service provided by our server was good and attentive. Glasses were refilled without request and quality check done throughout our meals. The food, usually one of the highlight, was the problem. One of the steak was under cooked tremendously (medium rare instead of medium well), the beef short ribs were too salty (both dishes) and the carrots were too spicy on the wagyu steak. I am disappointed with the mistake on the steak and the restaurant glossing over it.
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Great atmosphere! The last time I was at RUSH was beofre the renovations and they did a great job. It really opens up the place. The Seafood Cobb was great (my only suggestion is presentation). It was slightly grilled which was fine, but a whole head of romaine, grilled and whole was a little much. The Seafood was excellent as was the dressing. We had dessert and it was worth it. Should have had it first! The server did an amaazing job: knew thre menu, was around without being at the table contstantly. Perfect for a business lunch. I will be back.Special Features:
- samfernandesVIPDined on 8/28/2014A little surprised that they ran out of their lunch express menu at 12:30 but my table went and had the steak sandwiches. Sides were good. Overall a good meal but not memorable.Special Features:
- Made our night very specialNurseMVIPDined on 8/9/2014Rush has incredible food and impeccable service. Our server was absolutely wonderful - both personable and charming while being knowledgable and professional, he was also a sommelier which lovely! My husband had a delicious entree while I tried the sushi which was a delightful surprise, it's nice to have that kind of variety because often very high end restaurants have a slightly more limited (albeit delicious) selection. Our lemon tart was the perfect end! It was our first wedding anniversary and rush made it a special and memorable experience for us! I would recommend Rush to anyone who values the difference wonderful service can make to a meal and how it can enhance already stunning foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 180 reviews are from the Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge reviews archive.
- not a Rush-ed lunchLeafsfanVIPDined on 7/30/20144 of us had lunch at Rush and it was a really good experience. The waitress was pleasant, upbeat, efficient and knew the menu well. We were able to take our time and this allowed the lunch to stretch a little which worked for our group. 3 of our group had the salmon steak and I only heard good things from them. I had the wagyu burger and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I couldn't finish it because it was huge! I will happily go back for lunch with another business group!Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseGolfBarbieDined on 7/23/2014First time back at Rush since the renovation. Great to be able to get a table for lunch time. The server was friendly and helpful and very accommodating. The food came out and was delicious! We were back to work on time. My lunch partner and I decided this place is definately a keeper and the fried chicken salad became an immediate favorite for us. Thanks BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GomanVIPDined on 7/11/2014Lovely, lovely food, slightly obsequious but very talented server, Open Table app users need to be sure not to be booked into Lounge instead of Restaurant in error. Underloved gem!Special Features:
- Disappointed :(SadFaceDined on 7/4/2014Food was excellent. Service was horrible. After our food was dropped off we never saw our waiter again till we needed to pay. After we were done we asked for our leftover food to go...it wasn't till we got home we noticed we never did get our food (we did stick around after paying about 10 minutes) Unhappy :(Special Features:
- Good food in the downtown areaWeedyVIPDined on 6/24/2014Good seafood and other main courses. Excellent oysters and crab cake starters. Good bar. Could do without the loud music. But fine service and a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchRingtailDined on 6/24/2014Food was great, quiet enough so we could talk, server was attentive but not interruptive, good price point, new décor is very nice. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but slowschligDined on 6/19/2014Had a group of 5 for a business lunch. Service was not very attentive. Slow to take our order. Food took awhile which is fine. It was very good. All finished then sat a long time before plates were cleared. Then another long wait for the bill. An hour and a half for lunch is a little longer than most people like to take. Will likely return but probably not for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back again.JamesVIPDined on 5/23/2014First of what wil be many visits! Excellent food, great wine list, beautiful lounge and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely anniversary dinnerwelovefoodDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I enjoyed our 1 year anniversary dinner at Rush. AMAZING food, GREAT service, BEAUTIFUL restaurant. The music was a little loud, but overall we had a wonderful time!!! We will be recommending Rush to our friends and family!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchtastyDined on 4/29/2014An excellent location, great service and fantastic food.Special Features:
- Second chance failNicknchicknVIPDined on 4/25/2014We found the quality of food for pricing is way off base. We have booked twice through Open Table and ended up in the lounge. No music to make it worthwhile. Wine selection is great but overpriced and the food quality doesn't pair well. We won't be going back.
- RushcornerstoneDined on 4/2/2014Overall was fantastic - food was outstanding and the service was excellent - server (I apologize for lack of name) was friendly and knowledgeable and great. We had a table in the lounge, which was good, wanted the more relaxed setting. One problem was the music was very loud, we were almost yelling to each other to talk. Asked to turn it down, which they may have - not sure, it wasn't much better. Restaurant side would be much better. It's not an "ultra lounge" I don't think - so not sure why they need to "blast" music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor valueDbluuDined on 3/25/2014$22 for a bit of ahi and some lettuce. Service was great. But won't be rushing back.
- Glad to have them backFreshSeekerVIPDined on 3/21/2014We have just been back since the remodel and very happy with the outcome. Food was great and service was perfect. The salmon was tasty and cooked perfectly. Don't forget to save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not Great.foodieDined on 3/15/2014Although we enjoyed the food we were disappointed that we were not sat in the dining area but rather sat in the lounge area, it was very loud and my wife and I were trying to have a romantic dinner, not quite what we had envisioned. Server was good but was very busy so she got to us when she could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Reno....food/service OKAngelaDVIPDined on 3/15/2014I was excited to try this spot after their recent renovaiton. The lounge/bar area is much better after the reno, more open and a better vibe. Sadly....the food and service was just OK. We were a party of 2 having 3 courses. A large group sat beside us for drinks, so we were abandoned. Food got dropped from the kitchen with no offer for fresh pepper, and by the time anyone came back the food was cold. Just OK. Too bad.Special Features:
- It is pricey, but I don'tFoodieDined on 3/12/2014It is pricey, but I don't mind paying for a meal that I thoroughly enjoyed. The crab cake was extremely meaty and haddock dish more than exceeded my expectations. The live music was a very pleasant surprise and added a nice touch to the ambiance.Special Features:
- liked the ambienceAntigogoDined on 3/8/2014Beautiful surroundings. Mediterranean salad very good. Scallops and steak o.k. - serving of steak too small and sides minuscule. Waitress brought me the wrong wine- service o.k. a bit loudSpecial Features:
- Great experience despite hiccupsBdaydinnerDined on 3/8/2014I attended Rush in the Lounge with my family for birthday dinner after hearing rave reviews from friends. The menu definitely lived up to the reviews!! We enjoyed the seafood tower which was some great variety of cold appetizers. The entrees were also amazing!! Our table had quite a few various issues regarding wine and menu selection and some delays in dessert service, but to me this was just a reminder that even Calgary's high-end restaurants are still subject to human error. It was unfortunate that it seemed like a series of hiccups, but the management of Rush did an excellent job of addressing the situation which goes to show that it's not about being 100% perfect, but recognizing how to follow up properly if needed. Will be back!Special Features:
- Good service and food at Rush againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2014Rush continues to be a great lunch and after-work spot in downtown YYC.Special Features:
- Looking forwrd to a fun evening.CareyDined on 3/1/2014Just two of us. Casual in the lounge. The service was excellent. Very nice wine list, with lots of selection at any price point. Enjoyed a 2003 Casa Lapostolle at tremendous value. Oysters were fresh. Not my favorite migonette, a little strong on the onion, but still I judge a restaurant that specializes in seafood, based on the seafood and the oysters were excellent. The crab roll was nicely presented and tasty. It was -30 the evening we went and the lounge was busy. Big table and small tables so the environment was vibrant. All in all a great evening. Will definately be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.