Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge
100 - 207 9th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1K3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rushoceanprime.com/
- Phone: 4032717874x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30pm - 1:00am, Saturday: (Dinner only): 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Keen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights.
- Special Events: Rush Ocean Prime is a fabulous venue in which to hold any type of special event. We've done intimate cocktail birthday parties for 20 all the way up to large buyout events for the Grey Cup and corporate Christmas parties. Contact Carolyn at 403.705.0577.
A word from Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge
A reflection of Alberta's signature hospitality, Rush Ocean Prime's downtown location occupies a large space in what was once Calgary's main post office, a magnificent building modernized. With a new look, new menu, and new attitude, the new Rush relaxes downtown dining with a bold, brash and evolved offer. Rush aims to surprise guests with inventive, globally inspired food from land to sea. Generous portions of steak and seafood are served up alongside sommelier selected wines and handcrafted cocktails. From the attentive service to the open, contemporary space, Rush sets the stage for memorable every-day encounters – whether it is a coveted spot in the lavish dining room or shared small plates and drinks in the lounge after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- samfernandesVIPDined on 8/28/2014A little surprised that they ran out of their lunch express menu at 12:30 but my table went and had the steak sandwiches. Sides were good. Overall a good meal but not memorable.Special Features:
- Made our night very specialNurseMVIPDined on 8/9/2014Rush has incredible food and impeccable service. Our server was absolutely wonderful - both personable and charming while being knowledgable and professional, he was also a sommelier which lovely! My husband had a delicious entree while I tried the sushi which was a delightful surprise, it's nice to have that kind of variety because often very high end restaurants have a slightly more limited (albeit delicious) selection. Our lemon tart was the perfect end! It was our first wedding anniversary and rush made it a special and memorable experience for us! I would recommend Rush to anyone who values the difference wonderful service can make to a meal and how it can enhance already stunning foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a Rush-ed lunchLeafsfanVIPDined on 7/30/20144 of us had lunch at Rush and it was a really good experience. The waitress was pleasant, upbeat, efficient and knew the menu well. We were able to take our time and this allowed the lunch to stretch a little which worked for our group. 3 of our group had the salmon steak and I only heard good things from them. I had the wagyu burger and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I couldn't finish it because it was huge! I will happily go back for lunch with another business group!Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseGolfBarbieDined on 7/23/2014First time back at Rush since the renovation. Great to be able to get a table for lunch time. The server was friendly and helpful and very accommodating. The food came out and was delicious! We were back to work on time. My lunch partner and I decided this place is definately a keeper and the fried chicken salad became an immediate favorite for us. Thanks BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GomanVIPDined on 7/11/2014Lovely, lovely food, slightly obsequious but very talented server, Open Table app users need to be sure not to be booked into Lounge instead of Restaurant in error. Underloved gem!Special Features:
- Disappointed :(SadFaceDined on 7/4/2014Food was excellent. Service was horrible. After our food was dropped off we never saw our waiter again till we needed to pay. After we were done we asked for our leftover food to go...it wasn't till we got home we noticed we never did get our food (we did stick around after paying about 10 minutes) Unhappy :(Special Features:
- Good food in the downtown areaWeedyVIPDined on 6/24/2014Good seafood and other main courses. Excellent oysters and crab cake starters. Good bar. Could do without the loud music. But fine service and a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchRingtailDined on 6/24/2014Food was great, quiet enough so we could talk, server was attentive but not interruptive, good price point, new décor is very nice. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but slowschligDined on 6/19/2014Had a group of 5 for a business lunch. Service was not very attentive. Slow to take our order. Food took awhile which is fine. It was very good. All finished then sat a long time before plates were cleared. Then another long wait for the bill. An hour and a half for lunch is a little longer than most people like to take. Will likely return but probably not for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back again.JamesDined on 5/23/2014First of what wil be many visits! Excellent food, great wine list, beautiful lounge and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely anniversary dinnerwelovefoodDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I enjoyed our 1 year anniversary dinner at Rush. AMAZING food, GREAT service, BEAUTIFUL restaurant. The music was a little loud, but overall we had a wonderful time!!! We will be recommending Rush to our friends and family!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 171 reviews are from the Rush Ocean Prime - Lounge reviews archive.
- Great LunchtastyDined on 4/29/2014An excellent location, great service and fantastic food.Special Features:
- Second chance failNicknchicknVIPDined on 4/25/2014We found the quality of food for pricing is way off base. We have booked twice through Open Table and ended up in the lounge. No music to make it worthwhile. Wine selection is great but overpriced and the food quality doesn't pair well. We won't be going back.
- RushcornerstoneDined on 4/2/2014Overall was fantastic - food was outstanding and the service was excellent - server (I apologize for lack of name) was friendly and knowledgeable and great. We had a table in the lounge, which was good, wanted the more relaxed setting. One problem was the music was very loud, we were almost yelling to each other to talk. Asked to turn it down, which they may have - not sure, it wasn't much better. Restaurant side would be much better. It's not an "ultra lounge" I don't think - so not sure why they need to "blast" music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor valueDbluuDined on 3/25/2014$22 for a bit of ahi and some lettuce. Service was great. But won't be rushing back.
- Glad to have them backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2014We have just been back since the remodel and very happy with the outcome. Food was great and service was perfect. The salmon was tasty and cooked perfectly. Don't forget to save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not Great.foodieDined on 3/15/2014Although we enjoyed the food we were disappointed that we were not sat in the dining area but rather sat in the lounge area, it was very loud and my wife and I were trying to have a romantic dinner, not quite what we had envisioned. Server was good but was very busy so she got to us when she could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Reno....food/service OKAngelaDVIPDined on 3/15/2014I was excited to try this spot after their recent renovaiton. The lounge/bar area is much better after the reno, more open and a better vibe. Sadly....the food and service was just OK. We were a party of 2 having 3 courses. A large group sat beside us for drinks, so we were abandoned. Food got dropped from the kitchen with no offer for fresh pepper, and by the time anyone came back the food was cold. Just OK. Too bad.Special Features:
- It is pricey, but I don'tFoodieDined on 3/12/2014It is pricey, but I don't mind paying for a meal that I thoroughly enjoyed. The crab cake was extremely meaty and haddock dish more than exceeded my expectations. The live music was a very pleasant surprise and added a nice touch to the ambiance.Special Features:
- liked the ambienceAntigogoDined on 3/8/2014Beautiful surroundings. Mediterranean salad very good. Scallops and steak o.k. - serving of steak too small and sides minuscule. Waitress brought me the wrong wine- service o.k. a bit loudSpecial Features:
- Great experience despite hiccupsBdaydinnerDined on 3/8/2014I attended Rush in the Lounge with my family for birthday dinner after hearing rave reviews from friends. The menu definitely lived up to the reviews!! We enjoyed the seafood tower which was some great variety of cold appetizers. The entrees were also amazing!! Our table had quite a few various issues regarding wine and menu selection and some delays in dessert service, but to me this was just a reminder that even Calgary's high-end restaurants are still subject to human error. It was unfortunate that it seemed like a series of hiccups, but the management of Rush did an excellent job of addressing the situation which goes to show that it's not about being 100% perfect, but recognizing how to follow up properly if needed. Will be back!Special Features:
- Good service and food at Rush againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2014Rush continues to be a great lunch and after-work spot in downtown YYC.Special Features:
- Looking forwrd to a fun evening.CareyDined on 3/1/2014Just two of us. Casual in the lounge. The service was excellent. Very nice wine list, with lots of selection at any price point. Enjoyed a 2003 Casa Lapostolle at tremendous value. Oysters were fresh. Not my favorite migonette, a little strong on the onion, but still I judge a restaurant that specializes in seafood, based on the seafood and the oysters were excellent. The crab roll was nicely presented and tasty. It was -30 the evening we went and the lounge was busy. Big table and small tables so the environment was vibrant. All in all a great evening. Will definately be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remembering ...outandaboutDined on 2/22/2014We dined Saturday 6pm on a cold Feb night. Atmosphere/people friendly & pleasant; more than just a lounge. Clean look; bathrooms were clean (altho' dark & had to figure out how to get the water to come out of faucet). Black toilets. Food was excellent (very tasty); appetizer dip was scrumptious, 6oz steak, chicken breast, shared huge red velvet cake (too heavy for our liking). Will definitely go back & try other dishes. Lovely dish presentations. Advised server Theatre performance started at 7:30pm when we ordered. Service reduced when busier but once we got her attn to get bills, process was fast. Chating was difficult as a group of people were particularly loud plus music. Great seating variety: tables,booths,tall chairs. Good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes for the worseEveryonesaCriticDined on 2/21/2014Rush used to be my 'Go-To' restaurant from it's opening day to the recent reno. This was my first occasion to dine since it became 'Rush Ocean Prime'. I would suggest that if you are going to add 'Ocean' to the name of a restaurant in Calgary, you should have your chefs learn how to cook fish. I was beyond disappointed that they could not manage a simple substitution due to allergy and that my plate was unappetizingly brown/white and the fish was frozen and then overcooked. You will not fool me twice at those prices.
- Love the New Look, The foodLovieDined on 2/15/2014Love the New Look, The food was AMAZING and service was Spectacular. I highly recommend this as a great place for small groups or a whole gang of friends. They have private areas as well as large open areas. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Valentine's DinnerJetgirlDined on 2/14/2014We went to Rush for Valentine's Day. They offered their regular menu as well as a pre-set one just for the occasion. We chose the pre-sent and it was delicious from beginning to end - which was a butter cake that I just couldn't stop eating although I was stuffed. The first three courses included shrimp, scallops, braised ribs, potatoes, deviled eggs, bacon. I enjoyed every bite and the service was outstanding. The space itself is classy and open but does have booths if you prefer a little privacy. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Date SpotCGYRunnerDined on 2/13/2014This newly reopened restaurant did not disappoint. The lunch service was very quick, we had our food within 12 minutes of ordering. The service was great from coat check to payment -steady and polite, not overbearing, not underwhelming. They had a great wine list, and I could see the appeal for a fancy dinner spot. The tables were spacious, the ambiance was little dark for lunch, but the bar was flanked by TV screens making it a more relaxed lunch atmosphere. Due to location, most patron looked formal and I would feel uncomfortable in anything less than business casual wear. Prices were reasonable. The Rush Burger was amazing: juicy flavorful paddy, well seasoned, very filling, divine taste. Definitely in my top 10 burgers in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Rush is amazing!PregnantDuckDined on 2/10/2014Had lunch recently to check out the new renovations. Place looks great! Looks a lot more open. Best part of the meal of course was the food. The portions are great yet affordable, and full of flavors. Will come back more than once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had high expectations andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014had high expectations and none of them were met , very disapointing
- MenuAntziDined on 2/5/2014I much preferred the old Rush menu. This menu is far more boring and standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a beautiful room butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013It is a beautiful room but lacks atmosphere and could even really be to big in some ways. There were no bread or olives on the table or offered. To me it was a bit bland, some of the group enjoyed their steak/ burgers but small veggie menu - chef offered to make something of pasta but really prefer to eat off the menu. I think I was expecting more and we thought it was simple and a bit like earls with the young waitress etc. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Awesome Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2013We couldn't get a reservation in the dining room as it was all booked so we made reservations for the lounge and it was fabulous! Didn't feel like we were in just any lounge. The staff was all amazing and treated us like gold and the sommelier was so friendly and helpful. Not to mention the food, there were 6 of us, we all ordered something different and we were all pleased. Steaks that were ordered were done to perfection! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellant, howeverLyndaDined on 9/27/2013The food was excellant, however it took a very long time to plate. So a bit slow for a lunch venue. I was disappointed on the slowness to plate I had taken out of tonw guests and we needed to get back to the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchBryAGDined on 9/12/2013Great place for a business lunch, service was attentive, food was delicious. Simple menu with features makes it easy to choose, both members in my party had the $22 Beef Short Rib feature with gnocchi and asparagus. Wine is expansive however it teeters towards the expensive side. An excellent location in the base of the PennWest building with easy access from anywhere in DT. Service was attentive although prepare for the up sell push. Desserts were delicious and prepare for a monster portion of the Red Velvet Cake. A splurge but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know how to make a drink!BillDined on 9/9/2013Party of 4 went for birthday drinks with on Monday afternoon. Understandably quiet at 4:00 in the day. However if a lounge is open for serving drinks they should at least have a bar tender or waitress who knows how to make the drinks on the menu. The bar was unmanned and the poor waitress tried without much success to make the cocktails we ordered. We should all be able to consume a $15.00 drink!! Sent back the first round because they were undrinkable, a bar tender showed up and made another round not too much better. I had a Manhattan, bar tending 101. Made twice. It was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedeggoDined on 8/22/2013Food is outstanding, no matter what you pick on the menu. Tapis( Lobster Bisque) through Dessert. (mini donuts...WOW)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!!FoodloverVIPDined on 8/15/2013Rush redefined some food, totally surprised when we were served our appetizer, Calamari, the experience continued through our lunch,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!yycoenophileVIPDined on 8/6/2013Wow! What an awesome restaurant! We sat in the beautiful lounge and service was excellent!!! The cocktail list was creative and there is an extensive scotch selection. The wine list is amazing! The food was fantastic, we were offered both the lounge and dinner menus (ended up going with dinner) and making choices was though, everything looked so good! For dessert we shared the butter cake, most decadent and delicious dessert ever! Wow! Can't wait to go back and sample snacks from the lounge menu!!! A tad expensive, but it's defiantly worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent, quantity veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/1/2013Food excellent, quantity very less. Will need two dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.