Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room
100- 207 9th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1K3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rushoceanprime.com/
- Phone: 4032717874x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Lunch: Monday to Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dining Room Dinner: Monday to Saturday 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Lounge: Open for lunch and dinner Monday to Friday starting at 11:30am, Saturday at 5 pm.
Food service available in the lounge until 10:30 pm weekdays, 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Keen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We would be pleased to help host your event for any special occasion. Please contact Carolyn Stephure directly at 403-705-0577 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room
A reflection of Alberta's signature hospitality, Rush Ocean Prime's downtown location occupies a large space in what was once Calgary's main post office, a magnificent building modernized. With a new look, new menu, and new attitude, the new Rush relaxes downtown dining with a bold, brash and evolved offer. Rush aims to surprise guests with inventive, globally inspired food from land to sea. Generous portions of steak and seafood are served up alongside sommelier selected wines and handcrafted cocktails. From the attentive service to the open, contemporary space, Rush sets the stage for memorable every-day encounters – whether it is a coveted spot in the lavish dining room or shared small plates and drinks in the lounge after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (39)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (35)good for groups (29)great for lunch (25)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent for large groups!winerdinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Getting reservations at a choice restaurant in Calgary can be challenging sometimes but particularly for large groups. I recently booked RUSH for a group of 7 on a Friday night but we grew to 11 with an hour to spare! Not a problem for Rush as they quickly accommodated us and put us in one of their private rooms. The food was good; steaks cooked perfectly and salad was interesting & delicious! I had the Skor cheesecake for dessert and it did not disappoint. Ample portion size and yummy! Rush was a terrific choice for our large group with a lot of options on the menu, great atmosphere, great service and location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!BWcriticDined on 9/12/2014First time at Rush...great food, great service, great ambience. Braised camaleri appy was awesome, wagyu steak and duck entrees were excellent. Definitely worthy of a repeat visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere is great as well as the service. The food is delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Always great and our waiter was above and beyond wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, expensiveLandGPDined on 9/5/2014the short ribs were incredible - portion-size as well as taste. a bit on the pricey side, however. a glass of wine will pretty much cost you $20. when lunch costs $50 with tip and liquor, one has to re-evaluate the experience.Special Features:
- Great Food - Caesar Salad is notluvlunchDined on 9/4/2014Our visit was an even Exec dinner. Restaurant perfect to able to talk openly while still feel private enough. Service was very good. Wine was great. I had sable fish and it was cooked to perfection, with good flavour pairings on the plate. Definitely 2 thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will rush back!Gr8FoodDined on 9/3/2014The food came out quickly and was succulent and delicious. The server always came by when our wine glasses were close to being empty (perfect timing), and was quick on the refill. All of the staff I encountered were very nice and helpful. Great place, great wine, and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Crazy4FoodDined on 8/30/2014First time to this restaurant and had the most amazing, food, service, and experience. Will definitely be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantRBCangemiVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very cozy modern decor with great parking. The food was amazing and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of lunch specials??OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Me and my friend went to rush for our birthday, we had heard about the express lunch set menu for 25$ and decided to give it a go. We got to the restaurant at 1205pm and looked over the menu. We asked what's the lunch special today the waitress said that they ran out of the lunch special already. It's was probably about 1210pm at the time. The restaurant was not busy give or take 7 tables. How can you run out of lunch specials? Why would you advertise an express lunch option and only make certain amounts. I would understand if my lunch was at 1pm or 2pm but still... regardless we were both disappointed and will probably go to teatro for their express lunches instead because the last 10 times I was there they never ran outI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch GemGolfBarbieDined on 8/25/2014Second time I have been there for lunch after the renovation. Easy access to tables which is great! Not rushed, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and wine!Foodie05Dined on 8/15/2014The food and wine was excellent, second to none. The service was pretty slow although it wasn't dry busy. Overal a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Rush was simply fantastic! My meal was easily one of the best I have had at a restaurant and I eat out a considerable amount with friends on the weekends.Special Features:
- Perfect Boys Night OutFrequentflyersVIPDined on 8/6/2014We have been entertaining relatives for 2 weeks who are pescetarians so when a business friend was in town by himself i invited him to Rush for a couple of martinis and dinner. Great discussion with barkeep on vodka and gin with tasting of unique blends of both followed by full martinis. I had the rib eye with the compound marrow butter and yes I am biased by not having meat for 2 weeks but the cut was excellent and it was cooked exactly how I asked- rare/medium rare. A perferct boys night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoranneDined on 7/30/2014Rush is a very sophisticated restaurant with good food and excellent ambience - great for personal and business. Notably, the service is exceptional, and, the noise level is such that you can enjoy a conversation. The food is also very good - I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014The restaurant was not very busy maybe 7 tables. Everyone was seated grouped in one area. Ordered the mussel appetizer and 5 of the mussels were closed. I complained and they brought out 4 more. My wife ordered the Cesar salad which had a very different presentation and the ere was no dressing. which they brought when we asked about it. The accompaniment that came with the main were very sparse. The waitress said roasted potatoes & carrots with the steak. It was one baby potato sliced and 3 very small carrots. The 10 oz wagyu steak was not marbled as I was told quite dry and tasteless. The creme brulee for dessert was not creme brulee.
- Different to beforeDinner4twoDined on 7/19/2014We visited this restaurant before the renovations, at that time we felt it was a very upscale and exclusive restaurant, we really enjoyed our meal and experience and wanted to come back, this time we noticed at the time of booking that the restaurant had been through some changes and we hoped that it hadn't changed too much or lost its appeal. However, it seemed to of lost some of what it had before, it wasn't as busy as it was on our previous visit and gave a different vibe, booking a table was easy and unneeded as it was mostly empty, the food was still good, but it felt over priced, service was slow but friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Good DinnerDaveDined on 7/14/2014Had a business dinner on July 14. Great food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar menu, brilliant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014First time there. Food was some of the best I've had in the city. You MUST try the grilled bacon! Menu was outstanding. Service was 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place for DinnernellgradDined on 6/28/2014We had a group of 7 that went to Rush for a family graduation celebration for dinner. Amazing service! Always there when you needed them but didn't hover! The food was absolutely amazing!! We had the stuffed chicken, lobster pot pie, tenderloin, scallops and short ribs with some appetizers and desserts as well ... all were fantastic!! Wine selection also was superb! Definitely worth every cent that we paid. Would go back to eat here in a heart beat!!Special Features:
- good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014It was our first time, the atmosphere was lovely, modern but still warm. The entrée I had was tasty, I had the ribeye. My date, rack of lamb also quite good. The appitizers unfortunately were just short of disgusting. The crab cake, very fishy, very mushy and sereved at what could not have been a safe temperature for seafood of any kind luke warm. The 2nd was the grilled bacon, rubbery unappealingly thick and seemed under cooked. Our server was helpful and pleasant, he approriately paired wine and was attentive. I would return for a second meal. It should be noted to anyone looking for a special outing that sadly there is no dress code so some of the other patrons were innapproriatley dressed, it was a disappointing distraction.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Service good, but felt pricey. High quality of seafood - enjoyed the seafood Cobb salad. Presentation was nice, but it was hard to eat delicately. Wagyu steak tartare was okay, maybe my expectations of the Wagyu was too high. Lobster truffle deviled eggs were tasty, but in some ways it felt like too much for 2 people and felt pricey.
- Highly RecommendedRobsterDined on 6/23/2014My son and I visited Rush - my first evening meal there, after enjoying a few good lunches there over the years. Good selection of interesting items on the menu - the smoked shrimp were amazing. I had the Scallops on Short Ribs, which was one of the best plates of food I have ever been served. Service was friendly and attentive; we very much enjoyed our meal. The only glitch was the Foie Gras side dish.... such a wee tiny little portion...Special Features:
- Scott was the best waiter everJockoDined on 6/21/2014Our waiter Scott as we had him last year too was the Best Ever- super friendly and helpful about the wine list and the food. Would go again! Love the ambiance too! Food was goodSpecial Features:
- Third visit.FatpandasneezesVIPDined on 6/20/2014We return to Rush simply because we love their seafood tower. It was even better this time than previously, the King crab legs were bigger, but service was a tad lacking this time as well. Our waitress seemed extremely overwhelmed and we spent much of the night waiting for her. Other than that, the desserts were good, we had the lemon meringue, dulce de leche cheesecake, and chocolate-hazlenut torte. Last time, we had the creme brulee, and that one wasn't very good, so it was a nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrederickDined on 6/17/2014Service was excellent and food was great. Thank you.Special Features:
- Fun nightBreeDined on 6/14/2014Had a fun night with some close colleagues. Great food, really great wine, and lots of fun! Peach julep is a must every visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleTreatmentbySarcastic WaiterJEDBDined on 6/7/2014The food was excellent; the steak and salmon were cooked to perfection. Appetizers of Chili Shrimp and Smoked Salmon were “to die for”. Our disappoint was with our waiter; the other servers were very polite and helpful. Our server Fergus was arrogant, busy and made several sarcastic and in appropriate remarks to the point that we almost did not leave a tip. He may think his 10% tip was inappropriate but it was a REFLECTION of his demeanor; actually he is fortunate we left a tip.We had read on the internet reviews of your restaurants serves and they definite reflect what we received from Fergus.Special Features:
- Rush Ocean PrimechefnanaDined on 6/5/2014Lovely ambience with romantic décor. We had to wait several minutes to be greeted. Once seated, our waiter was great and attentive. The distraction was the loud noise from the kitchen. You could hear the chef yelling directions. It was quite annoying. We commented to I believe a manager that came to our table and he just shrugged it off. Our waiter's great personality made up for the noise. The food was very good. During our trip to Canada we waited to enjoy steak in the cattle country - Calgary. Steak was good, but not quite a good as Austin.Special Features:
- like RoyaltyGrudartDined on 6/5/2014Treated like royalty, with great service. Our server was polite and enthusiastic and took the time to talk with my friend and I. It was my friends birthday and she is a celiac, so she couldn't eat anything with wheat or Gluten. She had no concerns at all leaving her food requirements in the hands of the staff, as they accommodated both of us beautifully. I had lamb which was the best Ive ever eaten/large portion My friend had short ribs with scallops which she couldn't finish. "Spectacular",and we were both Hungry when we came into Rush. Desert was Complimentary because of my friends Birthday and it was very good Had a tour of their wine room after dinner. Whole evening, fabulous experience!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014The whole experience was very enjoyable, it was quiet, the food was great and our waiter very nice. I will go back again.Special Features:
- Bad FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Food wasn't that tasty. Some things were too salty, some were overcooked and some were undercooked.Special Features:
- Fergus Saves the DayMauiMamaDined on 5/30/2014We arrived at Rush and decided to have a drink in the lounge prior to dinner. The lounge has live music that is much too loud for the venue, but it is beautiful, so we stayed. The service was TERRIBLE! It took 15 minutes for the waitress to arrive (we were one of only three tables occupied in in the lounge) and another 20 for the drinks to be served (they weren't worth the wait)! We discussed moving to another restaurant, but decided to give Rush a try. We moved into the dining room, which was also very beautiful and were greeted immediately by our waiter Fergus. He was charming and attentive and although our food was really good, it was Fergus who made our evening enjoyable!Special Features:
- business lunchnotpickyDined on 5/28/2014three separate times we were interrupted with the question - " how is your food today" - very annoying. the food was 35 minutes in arriving prompting one of our party to consider having their food packed to go. this is not great for a business lunch !
- Amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/27/2014Literally the best service I've received in Calgary, as a former server myself I was completely impressed, he was a true professional. Food was delicious and cooked expertly.Special Features:
- The following 946 reviews are from the Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room reviews archive.
- IanIMCCDined on 5/20/2014Lighting a little low, to the point it was hard to read the menu. Greeting made you feel special. Waiter was excellent. Great sense of humor.Special Features:
- Amazing food!juwagnerDined on 5/17/2014The food at Rush was outstanding. Our appetizer and main dishes were delicious, perfectly cooked. The highlight was definitely the "proper" red velvet cake for dessert. It was definitely the best cake I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner outluv2dineDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I had dinner on a Friday evening. Elegant ambiance, great music, excellent service and most important of all, a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Great food!sushiloveVIPDined on 5/10/2014But weird server - was kind of awkward... Although he had great food and wine recommendations :) I enjoyed an absolutely delicious meal and will continue to come back. I've never been disappointed at Rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2014This was a great atmosphere but everything on the menu is very pricy.Special Features: