Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room
100- 207 9th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1K3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rushoceanprime.com/
- Phone: (403) 271-7874
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Lunch: Monday to Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dining Room Dinner: Monday to Saturday 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Lounge: Open for lunch and dinner Monday to Friday starting at 11:30am, Saturday at 5 pm.
Food service available in the lounge until 10:30 pm weekdays, 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Keen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We would be pleased to help host your event for any special occasion. Please contact Carolyn Stephure directly at 403-705-0577 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room
A reflection of Alberta's signature hospitality, Rush Ocean Prime's downtown location occupies a large space in what was once Calgary's main post office, a magnificent building modernized. With a new look, new menu, and new attitude, the new Rush relaxes downtown dining with a bold, brash and evolved offer. Rush aims to surprise guests with inventive, globally inspired food from land to sea. Generous portions of steak and seafood are served up alongside sommelier selected wines and handcrafted cocktails. From the attentive service to the open, contemporary space, Rush sets the stage for memorable every-day encounters – whether it is a coveted spot in the lavish dining room or shared small plates and drinks in the lounge after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (30)good for groups (29)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (14)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Microwaved my bison ribeye?VerysubparRushDined on 11/21/2014Ambience was actually pretty good. The restaurant has a good feel to it. Started with chili prawn appetizers and wine. The prawns were good but not great by any means. Throw chili sauce on prawns right from a container. Thats what you get. My wife had the scallops which were good but my bison ribeye came out like it had been sitting waiting for a while to be honest the steak knife could barely cut it and chewing it was an effort as well. Was this a microwaved reheat from lunch? We were in our 10 yr anniversary date so i made decision not to cause a scene to keep the evening fun and focused on time out with my wife while our kids were home with grandparents. When the server asks how it is and you say ok, an engaged server i would assume would take notice of that and untouched chunk of protein ( especially after joking about how how hungry i was earlier). I have never in my life not waten my entree, but i keft a 2-3 inch x2-3 inch chunk of protein to be discarded. It had no taste and the texture of it had the feel of "reheat". Fortunately the butter cake for dessert was off the charts, it really was so good i almost forgot the average at very best meal.
- vibrant bar scene with separate dining area.LeslieDined on 11/21/2014Excellent food and some affordable wines. We shared the Bison which was prepared perfectly. Comfortable banquets and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014It was a nice time out with my husband. The atmosphere was great for a evening out and the service was impeccable. Our steaks were done perfectly and melted in your mouth! Thank you for a wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrederickDined on 11/6/2014Rush Ocean Prime have very good food and service. It is an excellent spot to conduct a quiet business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Duck ClubFredDined on 10/28/2014If you like duck confit, you'll like the duck club sandwich.
- Love the restaurant.DancaDined on 10/25/2014We have been a few times in the last year to Rush, however, this time, our waiter Fergus, was less than appealing. He was rude and not very attentive. When I asked for a refill on my water, he said "Of Course I will!" making it seem like I was an imposition and being unreasonable, however, it had been more than 20 minutes without any water, which in my opinion is too long. I wasn't angry about it until he was rude about me asking for it. These were the types of things he did all evening. Very slow at service and very rude and condescending. We love the food and ambiance and will be back, however, will not come back if we end up with Fergus as our server again.Special Features:
- Great Location for Business LunchesFredDined on 10/24/2014Tables are set far apart and the room is quiet enough that conversation could be shared among all at a table of eight, without talking so loud as to disrupt the tables around. Chairs are high back which helps provide the illusion of being the only table in the dining room. Food was suitable: good appetizers (especially the calamari and steak tartar); main courses were pretty typical downtown Calgary offerings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Bass hit it out of the parkFoodAndExperienceMatterVIPDined on 10/23/2014The Sea Bass was amazing! The Waygu beef did not overwhelm me sad to say as I was looking forward to you. We started with the Tuna Poke and I could have ordered x2 as an entree… so good. Very great design and cool mix of vibe from the front bar and classy back restaurant.Special Features:
- JSA15Dined on 10/15/2014Our lunch was really nice and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodieDined on 10/10/2014The food was fantastic and the wine offerings great. The wait staff were fantastic however they were severely understaffed and it took away from the service. When you are paying over 200 for a meal for two an expectation of service is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Rush PrineBundudocVIPDined on 10/4/2014Awesome food. The service was not the best this time. I have been there a total of 4 times now and I plan to keep coming back. I noticed though that if your not the typical "white" business family the treatment is different. I hope that the waiters/servers can show more carisma and charm with everybody. I really like this place and plan to spoil my friends and family here. Love the giant steaks as well!!!Special Features:
- A Great SpotExcellent4DiningDined on 9/26/2014The ambiance is very good and I like the dining room layout which gives you a certain amount of privacy, yet you are still part of a larger restaurant. The food is good and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedloveSFDined on 9/26/2014Food was good. Value for money and service was terrible.
- DisappointedLanlilVIPDined on 9/20/2014Visiting from out of town and looking for someplace special. The restaurant looked beautiful, but the menu selection is limited and uninteresting. My partner ordered the tenderloin medium and it came undercooked. The sides were barely there and bland for a pretty steep price. On the plus side, the waitress was good and the parking was free. Very good wine also.Special Features:
- This is a must Restaurant.ILuvGoodFoodDined on 9/20/2014Remarkable! Excellent in all aspects. Our waiter was outstanding as was the food, wine and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambianceAudreyDined on 9/17/2014I was never here before the revamp, but the food and ambiance were great! I had the salmon and it was done very well. It was not very busy at lunch, and the noise level was low, so my table could have a conversation easily. I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suitable for speed dating!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014We had a great lunch but without an appetizer or dessert and coffee, we were in and out in 35 minutes. I was having a busy dayat work so was grateful for the efficient service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for large groups!winerdinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Getting reservations at a choice restaurant in Calgary can be challenging sometimes but particularly for large groups. I recently booked RUSH for a group of 7 on a Friday night but we grew to 11 with an hour to spare! Not a problem for Rush as they quickly accommodated us and put us in one of their private rooms. The food was good; steaks cooked perfectly and salad was interesting & delicious! I had the Skor cheesecake for dessert and it did not disappoint. Ample portion size and yummy! Rush was a terrific choice for our large group with a lot of options on the menu, great atmosphere, great service and location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!BWcriticDined on 9/12/2014First time at Rush...great food, great service, great ambience. Braised camaleri appy was awesome, wagyu steak and duck entrees were excellent. Definitely worthy of a repeat visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere is great as well as the service. The food is delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Always great and our waiter was above and beyond wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, expensiveLandGPDined on 9/5/2014the short ribs were incredible - portion-size as well as taste. a bit on the pricey side, however. a glass of wine will pretty much cost you $20. when lunch costs $50 with tip and liquor, one has to re-evaluate the experience.Special Features:
- Great Food - Caesar Salad is notluvlunchDined on 9/4/2014Our visit was an even Exec dinner. Restaurant perfect to able to talk openly while still feel private enough. Service was very good. Wine was great. I had sable fish and it was cooked to perfection, with good flavour pairings on the plate. Definitely 2 thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will rush back!Gr8FoodDined on 9/3/2014The food came out quickly and was succulent and delicious. The server always came by when our wine glasses were close to being empty (perfect timing), and was quick on the refill. All of the staff I encountered were very nice and helpful. Great place, great wine, and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as amazing as it sounds....RUSHlessDined on 9/2/2014The Wagyu Steak was very good but not as amazing as everyone made it sound to be. My side order to this was a mountain of curly fries ...... No other options from where to choose from. The Hostess was the most pleasant and professional person there, our server was arrogant and grumpy.
- Amazing!Crazy4FoodDined on 8/30/2014First time to this restaurant and had the most amazing, food, service, and experience. Will definitely be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantRBCangemiVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very cozy modern decor with great parking. The food was amazing and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of lunch specials??OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Me and my friend went to rush for our birthday, we had heard about the express lunch set menu for 25$ and decided to give it a go. We got to the restaurant at 1205pm and looked over the menu. We asked what's the lunch special today the waitress said that they ran out of the lunch special already. It's was probably about 1210pm at the time. The restaurant was not busy give or take 7 tables. How can you run out of lunch specials? Why would you advertise an express lunch option and only make certain amounts. I would understand if my lunch was at 1pm or 2pm but still... regardless we were both disappointed and will probably go to teatro for their express lunches instead because the last 10 times I was there they never ran outI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch GemGolfBarbieDined on 8/25/2014Second time I have been there for lunch after the renovation. Easy access to tables which is great! Not rushed, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and wine!Foodie05Dined on 8/15/2014The food and wine was excellent, second to none. The service was pretty slow although it wasn't dry busy. Overal a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Rush was simply fantastic! My meal was easily one of the best I have had at a restaurant and I eat out a considerable amount with friends on the weekends.Special Features:
- Perfect Boys Night OutFrequentflyersVIPDined on 8/6/2014We have been entertaining relatives for 2 weeks who are pescetarians so when a business friend was in town by himself i invited him to Rush for a couple of martinis and dinner. Great discussion with barkeep on vodka and gin with tasting of unique blends of both followed by full martinis. I had the rib eye with the compound marrow butter and yes I am biased by not having meat for 2 weeks but the cut was excellent and it was cooked exactly how I asked- rare/medium rare. A perferct boys night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 967 reviews are from the Rush Ocean Prime - Dining Room reviews archive.
- NoranneDined on 7/30/2014Rush is a very sophisticated restaurant with good food and excellent ambience - great for personal and business. Notably, the service is exceptional, and, the noise level is such that you can enjoy a conversation. The food is also very good - I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014The restaurant was not very busy maybe 7 tables. Everyone was seated grouped in one area. Ordered the mussel appetizer and 5 of the mussels were closed. I complained and they brought out 4 more. My wife ordered the Cesar salad which had a very different presentation and the ere was no dressing. which they brought when we asked about it. The accompaniment that came with the main were very sparse. The waitress said roasted potatoes & carrots with the steak. It was one baby potato sliced and 3 very small carrots. The 10 oz wagyu steak was not marbled as I was told quite dry and tasteless. The creme brulee for dessert was not creme brulee.
- Different to beforeDinner4twoDined on 7/19/2014We visited this restaurant before the renovations, at that time we felt it was a very upscale and exclusive restaurant, we really enjoyed our meal and experience and wanted to come back, this time we noticed at the time of booking that the restaurant had been through some changes and we hoped that it hadn't changed too much or lost its appeal. However, it seemed to of lost some of what it had before, it wasn't as busy as it was on our previous visit and gave a different vibe, booking a table was easy and unneeded as it was mostly empty, the food was still good, but it felt over priced, service was slow but friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Good DinnerDaveDined on 7/14/2014Had a business dinner on July 14. Great food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar menu, brilliant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014First time there. Food was some of the best I've had in the city. You MUST try the grilled bacon! Menu was outstanding. Service was 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place for DinnernellgradDined on 6/28/2014We had a group of 7 that went to Rush for a family graduation celebration for dinner. Amazing service! Always there when you needed them but didn't hover! The food was absolutely amazing!! We had the stuffed chicken, lobster pot pie, tenderloin, scallops and short ribs with some appetizers and desserts as well ... all were fantastic!! Wine selection also was superb! Definitely worth every cent that we paid. Would go back to eat here in a heart beat!!Special Features:
- good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014It was our first time, the atmosphere was lovely, modern but still warm. The entrée I had was tasty, I had the ribeye. My date, rack of lamb also quite good. The appitizers unfortunately were just short of disgusting. The crab cake, very fishy, very mushy and sereved at what could not have been a safe temperature for seafood of any kind luke warm. The 2nd was the grilled bacon, rubbery unappealingly thick and seemed under cooked. Our server was helpful and pleasant, he approriately paired wine and was attentive. I would return for a second meal. It should be noted to anyone looking for a special outing that sadly there is no dress code so some of the other patrons were innapproriatley dressed, it was a disappointing distraction.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Service good, but felt pricey. High quality of seafood - enjoyed the seafood Cobb salad. Presentation was nice, but it was hard to eat delicately. Wagyu steak tartare was okay, maybe my expectations of the Wagyu was too high. Lobster truffle deviled eggs were tasty, but in some ways it felt like too much for 2 people and felt pricey.