Rusconi's American Kitchen
10637 N. Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rusconi's American Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusconiskitchen.com/
- Phone: (480) 483-0009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch- Tues-Fri 11:30- 2:00
Happy Hour- 4:00- 6:00 Every Day
Dinner - 5:00-10:00 Every Day
Sunday Brunch- 10:00-2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rusconi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood roasted menu selections bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley residents. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are influenced by our wood burning grill.
A word from Rusconi's American Kitchen
Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood burning grill with an abundance of affordable items, bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley restaurant goers. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are cooked to perfection on our wood burning grill to create a savory and aromatic flavor profile you can only experience at Rusconi's American Kitchen. Come and visit us relax and "enjoy the Moment."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rusconi's American Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Rusconi's American Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (154)fit for foodies (133)special occasion (51)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (40)good for groups (31)hot spot (29)great for brunch (28)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (20)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (7)Show More
- Rusconi's American KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014The food is always good. The chef is very creative. The restaurant is very comfortable.I have recommend the restaurant to many people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusconi's disrespects it's customersunderwhelmedVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had to wait over 1/2 hour beyond our reservation time. When we sat down, it was a full hour before out first course was served. The second course came out just warm and obviously warmed over. What was once a fun, casual neighborhood restaurant has become a place to avoid at all costs. Too bad. It was good once.
- dinner for a friend's birthdaygstringDined on 11/12/2014I think we got them on a night that the waitress was being changed as we got a new waiter in mid meal. I thought the entrees and appetizers were exceptional in view and taste. Prices reasonable. Wine list is a tad shorter than I like for by the glass choices. It was a birthday celebration which I mentioned to the hostess and waiter but this did not yield any kind of notice. I also asked to do a gift certificate but this got missed at meal end as well. Would like to have gotten a gift cert for a relative but will have to make another trip. Entrees were interesting and exceptionally preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriterabbibjkDined on 11/10/2014This was my second time dining at Rusconi's and I plan to be a regular. There are lots of restaurants near Tatum and Shea- Rusconi's is a cut above any of them, perfect for a night when you want to feel that you have had a meaningful dining experience without spending a fortune. The beef medallions were memorably delicious and great care is displayed in the preparation of the accompanying sides as well. The squash soup has consistently been served lukewarm. I was pleased to learn that bottles of wine are 1/2 off on Monday and Tuesday, providing that they are on the "by the glass" menu.Special Features:
- Twin2Dined on 11/10/2014We have eaten in Rusconi's many times and were most disappointed this past Monday. We invited a family member from Portland to join us for dinner. Our very simple drink order took over 20 minutes to arrive at the table. The candy beet salad was disappointing, as all the times I have had this salad before, small candy beets were on the salad, not 5 shaved very thin slices of beets. The beef tenderloin was tough and the broth for the mussels was not nearly as flavorable as I have had in the past. Overall, a disappointment for a restaurant we have always enjoyed in the past.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperianceJeffDined on 11/8/2014This is a great find. Don't be put off by the shopping center location. An excellent restaurant delivering great quality of the price. With innovative recipes. The service was warm and attentive. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 11/8/2014Great dinner with great friends. Service and food was wonderful. Very attentive waiter for 6 of us. Table was ready when we arrived. We enjoy the neighborhood, but sophisticated feel at Rusconi's even though it's surrounded by fast food places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're going back ASAP!!!YumyumDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I visited Rusconi's for the first time this past Friday. As soon as we walked in, I knew it was going to be great. The food smelled SO good!! I had the pork oso bucco and my wife had salmon. The pork was very tender and the cabbage side was incredible, I wouldn't have guessed in 100 years it was cabbage, if it didn't say in the menu. John took good care of us and the service was excellent, were already plotting our second visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's visit oftenSunshineDined on 10/29/2014Rusconi's American Kitchen is a true neighborhood gem. The menu is varied and interesting and definitely great for foodies. In addition to great service, the food has always been consistently delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a delicious meal in a comfortable, casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- You wouldn't imagine it would be this goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/28/2014Ive been to Rusconis twice and both times I've enjoyed it. The Food is beyond delicious, you cant go wrong with anything you order. Its located in a strip mall so Looking from the outside, you wouldn't imagine the food being so fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!!!!!!!SassyDined on 10/26/2014Our most favorite restaurant in all of Phoenix metro! Always enjoy everything....food is exceptional. AJ was our waiter this time and provided excellent service, along with his charming personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedeatingoutDined on 10/26/2014We've eaten here a few times and enjoyed it. This was a special occasion and we considered several options before choosing Rusconi's. Afterward we were sorry it was the choice. Although we specified in our Open Table reservation that it was a birthday, there was no acknowledgement of that. We didn't expect any freebies but a 'happy birthday' would have been nice. We were given a tiny table tucked to the wall...nothing to look at but each other, and while we like to look at each other, it was early on a Sunday night and the place was mostly empty so we thought they could have given us something nicer. The baby Brussels sprouts with my scallops were rock hard; although tiny, I couldn't even cut them with the knife.
- Loved itgailDined on 10/24/2014Met some friends here for lunch. Our waiter was so attentive and friendly. Everyone loved their lunch entrees....get the salmon, it was fantastic. A hidden gem!!Special Features:
- Wonderful service and foodcalgaryfoodieDined on 10/23/2014We arrived early and enjoyed a drink at the bar. When the bartender noticed empty tables for two, he quickly made sure we were seated. He spent the rest of the evening checking on us to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. The chef even delivered one of our courses. The food was delicious with beautiful presentation so we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaleolificBnBonthetownDined on 10/23/2014We've been enjoying the food and service here since Rusconi's has been open and it never fails to please. Tasty dishes put together with imagination are the key ingredient. We often share the mussels as an appetizer so as not to miss the pork osso bucco or lamb, chicken, buffalo or fish. All good eating. Service is always accommodating and there is no such thing as no substitutions. Remove the starch add the brusselsprouts! What more can we ask?... I guess that would be some fresh fruit or berries for dessert which they'll gladly do if the ingredients are in house. Definitely a go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant!DeeDeeDined on 10/23/2014Kudos to your team on an extremely good job, as usual, on everything! From great food, to super professional upbeat staff, to a fun atmosphere! So glad you're in our neighborhood!!Special Features:
- 6 People 6 Different EntreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014WOW! We had a party of 6 and everyone ordered a different entree. It was hard to decide which was the best because they were all amazing!! Highly recommending this restaurant. Great service too.Special Features:
- Good Dinnerdavidg47VIPDined on 10/18/2014Good food but a lousy bar. This the fourth time we have tried this restaurant. Each time we have had trouble with mixed drinks. They either don't have the brand we request...or the bartender does not know how to properly mix the drink.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Food was delicious, presentation lovely, wait staff was friendly and welcoming....such a gem. Thank you for a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencesmizeDined on 10/15/2014Myself and 3 friends dined there this week and it was a great experience. Everyone was very friendly and could answer all the questions we had. I will definitely go back! Also, the following day I received a call from the restaurant to thank me for dining and to make sure everything was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014we loved our experience as usual at Rusconi's but this time our waiter was awful! He kept running off and was exceptionally slow with our requests for anything. We took friends and this was their first time dining there. Fortunately they vowed to return because the food is superb but they need to have a talk with Joshua!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenustephVIPDined on 10/11/2014The rack of lamb is our favorite........no matter how it is prepared. Ahi tuna also fabulous. Food is consistently good and well priced.Special Features:
- FanaticalMmmmmmmmDined on 10/9/2014We had changed our open table reservation more than once that night and was pleas toy surprised when they called with a friendly ask if we were arriving on time or needed directions, personal greeting upon arrival, fantastic service and food and a follow up feedback call the next day. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?? Awesome!Special Features:
- StuScottsdaleStu6VIPDined on 10/9/2014We really enjoyed our 1st visit to the restaurant. All of our dishes were excellent.Special Features:
- Another fantastic evening!FoodStarCriticDined on 10/8/2014My husband & I met our friends for dinner & we had another fantastic meal at your wonderful restaurant! I had the Buffalo sirloin & it was fantastic-again & the bread pudding was divine! My husband had the pork tenderloin he'd had before which he loved. My girlfriend had the ahi- YUM; her daughter enjoyed the short ribs which were delectable - just a fantastic meal. We shared a bottle wine which was fairly priced. For appetizers we enjoyed the kitchen board as well as the pork belly & Schreiner sausage. Everything is so amazing at your restaurant I can't compliment you enough. Our service was wonderful: Bobby took care of us & he was very respectful of our time. Both he & the chef thanked us for coming. A+ evening-can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find....TillyVIPDined on 10/7/2014Our first time eating here even though we have passed this restaurant many many times. The food was amazing...Service was great. The menu was that of a 5 star restaurant. I am a Foodie and I would definitely recommend Rusconi to all my friends. We will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Delight2foodfansDined on 10/5/2014Rusconi's is a great neighborhood find. It offers young and old alike unique versions of all time classics. The food and wine are outstanding at affordable prices. From mussels to buffalo, this restaurant offers a variety of tasty options. The food is of the highest quality, the atmosphere is casual and the service is warm and responsive. Chef Michael has truly found a fantastic balance of food, price and atmosphere. This is a must go restaurant.Special Features:
- Best of PhoenixMikeHDined on 10/4/2014The food and service at Rusconi's is consistently our top choice in Phoenix. The chef has elevated Mac and Cheese to a supreme level, and the Scallops over squash, applesand Brussels sprouts were worthy of an award on Iron Chef.Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014We were there on a Friday night and waited a long time for food. Need to have some improvement in their kitchen. Server just fine, but little too slow on food service. Lunch was a better experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous EveningKimberleeDined on 10/1/2014Dined at Rusconi's Kitchen for a third time. Service was impeccable and the food delicious. Loved the arugula salad with beets (could have used a few more beets). My favorite part was the phone call I received the next day thanking me for dining at Rusconi's. This was truly a first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!CuyahogaJanVIPDined on 9/30/2014It may be located in a nondescript strip center, but Rusconi's has got it going. The menu is haute comfort food, tasty fairly priced.Special Features:
- The food and service were superb!MikeyDined on 9/28/2014Keep the Gulf Shrimp Appetizer, short rib entree, and Brulee desert on your regular menu; not just on the restaurant week menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed, but fine...phxdiner72Dined on 9/27/2014We ventured here for restaurant week on a Saturday night. They were very busy and we were not seated until at least 20 minutes after our 8:00 reservation. It was clear that the servers were overwhelmed with the volume of business, as was the kitchen. It was a good 40 minutes after our reservation time before we had our bar drinks in front of us. The food was tasty, but was missing that little something extra that would have made it extraordinary. The biggest disappointment was my dessert, which came to the table not at all as it was described on the menu. There was no peaches or chocolate in my empanada and I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be ice cream as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!GreatVIPDined on 9/27/2014I wasn't sure what to expect being located in what seemed small from the outside, however good sized inside. Loved the happy hour menu, enjoyed the 1/2 off wine which was really good. Food was great and didn't follow the normal menu which was refreshing.Special Features:
- Excellent food from a perfect chefJeanBeDined on 9/25/2014We had dinner during restaurant week, and could only praise the preparation, the taste and the value of food and beverages. Will go again soon. I think it is less noisy earlier in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will go back soonnosecondchancesDined on 9/25/2014looking forward to trying more of their great foodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Lunch menu was fairly small but varied enough so all six people in our party tried different items. Serving sizes were not large but adequate for lunch. Desserts were somewhat disappointing.. Service was excellent and we will definitely return but probably for dinner.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!foodiefan00Dined on 9/24/2014We decided to try Rusconi's during Restaurant Week. There were 6 of us and we had a wonderful dinner. The staff was very busy but attentive and personable. Everything was delicious from the appetizer to the dessert and the presentation of each course was fabulous. All of our friends said it was a great choice! We will be back and will tell our other friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disappointmentAZDudeVIPDined on 9/24/2014Rusconi's food is good. This night, however, the cauliflower soup was scorched, not roasted. Worse, there was no one to tell that the soup was not right. Additionally, the wines that were to appear with each course did not appear, with the water boy having to be the responsible party to relay the order. We were warned: "it's gonna be busy tonight", but we did not expect this level of incompetence. It really made us appreciate all the other times that service is seamless. I do have to say, though, that the grannysmith/coconut budino was heavenly. By the way, we eventually did have two wines that were recommended with our course and they were wonderful.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMamajillDined on 9/24/2014My son took me here for my birthday. It was delightful. Staff was very friendly; knowledgeable in the menu. The short ribs were extremely tender, perfect spicing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.