Rusconi's American Kitchen
10637 N. Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rusconi's American Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusconiskitchen.com/
- Phone: 4804830009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch- Tues-Fri 11:30- 2:00
Happy Hour- 4:00- 6:00 Every Day
Dinner - 5:00-10:00 Every Day
Sunday Brunch- 10:00-2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rusconi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood roasted menu selections bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley residents. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are influenced by our wood burning grill.
A word from Rusconi's American Kitchen
Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood burning grill with an abundance of affordable items, bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley restaurant goers. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are cooked to perfection on our wood burning grill to create a savory and aromatic flavor profile you can only experience at Rusconi's American Kitchen. Come and visit us relax and "enjoy the Moment."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rusconi's American Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Rusconi's American Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (162)fit for foodies (130)special occasion (64)great for lunch (48)great for brunch (40)notable wine list (37)good for groups (27)romantic (25)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- CriticalReviewersVIPDined on 8/28/2014Delicious food and great service. The rack of lamb is an outstanding dish that we've ordered here more than once. So great to have a restaurant of this caliber at a shopping center close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!JerseygirlVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a great evening at Rusconi's. The food was amazing, must have the Mac & Cheese appetizer. Everything we had was delicious right down to the Chocolate Bread Pudding. The service was fantastic as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- dineoutDined on 8/23/2014Great little restaurant. Chef Michael certainly knows how to put great flavors together. Our waiter was attentive and very knowledgable. A really good experience.Special Features:
- SRC1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Loved the ambiance and vibe. Limited menu for non meat Eaters and vegetarians. Mussels were small and dried out. Meat dishes for others were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bearcat43Dined on 8/17/2014Everything from the ambience, exceptional service, menu depth, quality of the food and reasonable prices served us perfectly. We will return... repeatedlySpecial Features:
- Great local flavor!!LisaDVIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything was awesome - creative martinis to a fresh and innovative menu. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I had lunch here this week. We each had the salmon with fingerling potatoes and brussel sprouts. The salmon was terrific. It was moist with just a little crispness. The blackberry sauce was a very nice compliment. The potatoes were also cooked very well and delicately seasoned. The brussel sprouts were a disappointment. They were cooked unevenly as though there were two separate batches of them. Most were undercooked and were almost raw with no seasoning at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would like to try dinnerGeriDined on 8/14/2014Lunch offering was limited. Good food ... server was mixed up on two of our orders... Rather noisy for a business lunch though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014third time there, first two were great, this time was mediocre. i think main chef had the night off.
- MarferDined on 8/12/2014A wonderful asset to the neighborhood--and so close by. It has become our favorite place for special occasions, meeting friends, lunch with friends. A comfortable, relaxed atmosphre, exceptional food exquisitely presented, excellent service, greeted with warmth and friendliness when you arrive. Rusconi's is a "class act" without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great pricing.foodloverVIPDined on 8/11/2014I was very impressed with Michael's food and his reasonable pricing. His wine list is small but priced very low. Even my 14 month old son loved his food. Keep it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience in the valleyILoveEatingDined on 8/9/2014My girlfriend and I moved to the Phoenix area about 1.5 years ago and have honestly been disappointed with the restaurant and food quality. Coming from Chicago can do that to anyone. Then we tried Rusconi's American Kitchen and found the dinning experience we'd been yearning for. Classic, fresh food made exceptionally well (read: much better than I can do on my own) in a comfortable, non-pretentious setting. The service, drinks, appetizers, main courses, and deserts were simply superb. I can't say enough good things about Rusconi's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindgmanDined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent. Service Excellent. Small restaurant with approx. 15 tables. Really nice atmosphere. Dinner was not rushed which meant we could enjoy the ambiance, our guests, etc. Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Place to Dine2gappsDined on 8/9/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants. We like the eclectic menu and have always enjoyed the food and service. We always make a reservation because Rusconi's is a busy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood gemBillVIPDined on 8/8/2014Chef michael is very creative and always has something you want to order. His prices are very reasonable for the quality of food. A must for us when in town. Try lunch also.Special Features:
- Everything nice!RoseMarieDined on 8/6/2014From the service to the food to the parking, Rusconi's is the perfect restaurant. The menu has a variety of choices, although not too many as to be overwhelmed. The summer tasting menu is perfect for those who want to taste a combo of flavors. Always look forward to going again. Great service from JD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemparspoonDined on 8/6/2014We have been to Rusconi's at least seventy-five times, the food is consistently excellent. The staff is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusconis for lunchJoandFredVIPDined on 8/5/2014We stumbled across this neighborhood gem. Lunch in the bar was fabulous. Great food with Touch of gourmet and great service by the bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last VisitHerb3VIPDined on 8/3/2014We have been there twice over the last month. Both trips were excellent. The food and service were both outstanding. Highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014I HAVE DINED AT RUSCONI'S SEVERAL TIMES. HAVE BROUGHT SEVERAL FRIENDS BOTH LOCAL AND VISITORS. THEY ALL HAVE TOTALLY ENJOYED THEIR EXPERIENCE. THE FOOD HAS NEVER DISAPPOINTED. THIS IS RARE. THEIR SHORT RIBS ARE DELICIOUS AND A FAVORITE OF MINE. I WOULD AND DO HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.Special Features:
- Great taste and quality menuSatisfiedDinerDined on 8/2/2014This is a great neighborhood place that fits family casual dining, date night, or an informal business meal. Menu is first class and seasonal. Food presented well and portion sizes are reasonable. Our waiter was a little distracted tonight, which is not the norm for Rusconis. Would have been a five star review otherwise. Wait staff is friendly, efficient and know the menu and wine list. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Rusconi's is our "local". We've been coming since it opened. The food is always wonderful, the prices are moderate (both food and wine) and the atmosphere is fun. We've never had a bad meal. On Monday this week, we brought some Scottsdale friends and introduced them to Rusconi's. They loved it and I expect they will return. Michael has created a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Tasting MenuKrittyAZVIPDined on 7/30/2014Three of us dined at Rusconi's on 7/31; two of us had the Summer Tasting Menu and one had white truffle mac and cheese, the cheese and meat board, and roast chicken. We were all very pleased with our food. The Tasting Menu was excellent: a lot of delicious food and accompanying wines. It would have been nice to have a little more description of why each wine was selected for the course being served, but it was very busy in the restaurant and probably not enough time. Highly recommend the tasting menu. Will also point out the mac and cheese was sinful, the cheese and meat board was yummy, and the roast chicken had a wonderful flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Experiences at Rusconi'sCriticalReviewersVIPDined on 7/29/2014I had lunch at Rusconi's with two friends. The food was ok, nothing special. I also had dinner there on 7/25, but they must not have acknowledged that it was an Open Table reservation because I never received the review form. The dinner was outstanding . . everything we had was well prepared, delicious and reasonably priced. Hannah was our waitress on both occasions and she did a great job. The restaurant was full and too noisy, but after a table of six women left, the noise level was fine. We highly recommend this restaurant for dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant! Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014Four of us ate at Rusconi's on Monday night. The food was fantastic! the ambience is wonderful. Most importantly the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodHerb3VIPDined on 7/21/2014Service was great. Food was very good. I would recommend anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood find!TravelfoodyVIPDined on 7/21/2014We have been to Rusconi's quite often in the last month meeting different friends & every time it has been fabulous!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem, indeedLaeneDined on 7/19/2014The food is really good. My favorite: the pork osso bucco was succulent and falling off the bone, the burrata and tomatoes a perfect blend of spicy and sweet, the buffalo flavorful, the banana dessert rich and just the right size and the chocolate bread pudding was a masterpiece of dense chocolate overload. Very satisfying. The chocolate/vanilla short rib preparation wasn't to my taste, but dinner was mostly a series of hits. The wine selection is good, the service quick, cheerful, and professional. We visited on a Saturday night - they deserve to be more packed than they were, but I am evidence that word is spreading. I'm delighted to have a place like this so close to home. I do wish the dining room were less loud and echoey, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGypsylauriDined on 7/19/2014I appreciate how well our waiter knew the menu and the specials. The person I was with has certain food allergies and he was well versed in the ingredients in each menu item. He provided options that met her needs.Special Features:
- Exceptional food, gracious serviceSandyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Delicious choices of yummy pasta and vegetable dish. Not just your average little pasta. Friend had shrimp dish salad. Service was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Great foodie experience in an invitation place, casual but serious about food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary LunchatlastDined on 7/17/2014The fondue with grilled flat bread was outstanding. The restaurant easily accommodated a special diet request for a lettuce wrap burger for my husband. Everything was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful. We had a quick lunch on our anniversary and were pleasantly surprised to hear our first dance song playing in the background.Special Features:
- Early dinner surpriselaytonaDined on 7/16/2014We read reviews before making reservations and were still pleasantly surprised by the quality and attractiveness of the servings. We did a 5pm reservation so could take advantage of some good happy hour prices on drinks and starters. Good way to sample several entrees in a small serving manner. All of the help was friendly and knowledgeable. All four of us loved it and will do it again, perhaps trying lunch or brunch for some different choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great Time!NinjaDiner160Dined on 7/12/2014if you're looking for an intimate quality food spot in the north PV area, look no further. The menu at Rusconi's is constantly changing to utilize seasonal ingredients and flavors. We sat next to the kitchen and got to see every dish coming out before we ordered. The staff here is always friendly and the chef/owner himself is always in house keeping an eye on the food and customers. I'd go back weekly if I could!Special Features:
- gooberDined on 7/12/2014one of the best dining experiences in the valley..fabulous food and service.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousSteakLoverVIPDined on 7/12/2014We love this neighborhood restaurant. It had been about two months since we were there, and it did not disappoint! The food is always fantastic, the waitstaff is attentive and very friendly, and the prices are so reasonable. The menu has changed a bit, but they still have favorites. The tomato and buratta salad was excellent. We highly recommend the roasted chicken, the salmon, and the short ribs. They've also added a tasting menu that is a welcome addition. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Lunch was perfect.RayKDined on 7/10/2014A delicious lunch for a great price. Tons of flavor in the pork chibatta. Highly rec the truffle fries! Yum! The chocolate bread pudding as dessert was the topper. Foodies, don't forget dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delicious!Sef123Dined on 7/9/2014The menu is interesting and clever, hard to decide what to go for because all of it sounds simply delicious. I actually went twice the same week just to try other items in the menu. (I was traveling on business ) the short ribs are to die for, green chili risotto, and my favorite the burrata salad with an explosive,surprising yellow tomato sorbet. Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusconi's is a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2014Nestled in off-the-beaten path location this delightful find, offers interesting tasty preparation variations of classic American dishes complimented by an excellent choice of wines. Outstanding service and personal greetings from the staff and chef/owner makes dining a very welcoming experience and particular favorite. -JeffreySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cares about their customersBizGalDined on 7/8/2014I love Rusconi's and drive an hour just to dine there. The food is superb! The staff is great, especially Hannah. We celebrated a birthday in style. The staff was on top of everything, yet had the right level of service to not disrupt the flow of our conversation. What surprised me was the call I received the next day. They thanked me for my business and verified we were satisfied with our experience. It was a nice gesture to show how they care for their customers. I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Rusconi's American KitchenJayFagnanoVIPDined on 7/7/2014My go-to restaurant when I'm in Phoenix. Michael Rusconi does the extra special things that restaurants in that price range don't do. The menu is imaginative and well executed. I especially like the Pork Osso Bucco that's on the menu during the colder months. From start to finish a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.