Rusconi's American Kitchen
10637 N. Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rusconi's American Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusconiskitchen.com/
- Phone: 4804830009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch- Tues-Fri 11:30- 2:00
Happy Hour- 4:00- 6:00 Every Day
Dinner - 5:00-10:00 Every Day
Sunday Brunch- 10:00-2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rusconi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood roasted menu selections bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley residents. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are influenced by our wood burning grill.
A word from Rusconi's American Kitchen
Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood burning grill with an abundance of affordable items, bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley restaurant goers. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are cooked to perfection on our wood burning grill to create a savory and aromatic flavor profile you can only experience at Rusconi's American Kitchen. Come and visit us relax and "enjoy the Moment."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rusconi's American Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Rusconi's American Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (155)fit for foodies (129)special occasion (61)great for lunch (50)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (32)good for groups (30)hot spot (25)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- AzmaryDined on 9/10/2014We visit Rusconi's on a regular basis and each time it gets better. When you start at a high level that is difficult to do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I had some guests come to town and was recommended to try Rusconi's. Little did I know I had actually been there one other time for lunch, and they have a great green chili beef stew or something like that. For dinner with my friends, I had a wonderful Salmon. I usually like to take a little leftovers home, so my one complaint was the portion was smallish for that purpose. It was perfect for one meal serving, but not for extra.Special Features:
- Favorite of the localsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/9/2014Not our first time here; ret'd because the food & service is so good. This time: bump in the road. Shown to our table; server told us the specials & took our drink order. We waited, & waited & waited. No drinks. Server MIA. No drinks. Finally the astute bartender read my frustrated body language (saw him go talk to the mgr). Mgr. came over & asked if our order was taken; told him we ordered drinks but that was the end. He was apologetic & gracious. Talked to the waiter who profusely apologized. Evidently server had an injury & they ended up sending him home; they comped our drinks. Open faced grilled veggie ravioli so delicious; grilled beef tenderloin medallions w/truffle scented mac & cheese to die for! This places rocks!Special Features:
- Food great, service slowSisterAmyTDined on 9/6/2014First time here for dinner (had a great burger last year and wanted to try for dinner). Two of us split these dishes: burrata/tomato salad, goat cheese fondue, pork osso buco, and fruit empanadas. All dishes were delicious. They were short staffed and very packed (Saturday night) so I probably won't go again on a weekend night. Otherwise, everything was fabulous! Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotafanDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed our first dining experience. Even though we did not order drinks or wine, the server was very nice, not rushing us through our meal on a very busy evening. Dinner was fresh and wonderful and loved the open concept (only wish my back wasn't to the kitchen so I could have enjoyed the prep more). --ABCSpecial Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014We feel so lucky to have a restaurant of this quality in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!ILoveGreatFoodDined on 9/2/2014The food is always amazing and food quality is unconditionally consistent! They have a fantastic menu! The staff is certainly the most attentive I have seen in a long time. We do not live necessarily close to this restaurant, however, it is always worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kateVIPDined on 8/31/2014It takes us about 40 minutes to get to this wonderful restaurant, so it is not always on our dining radar. Each time we do visit, we promise ourselves to make the trip more frequently. The menu is creative, consistently excellent and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. It is a pleasure to dine in an establishment where the chef clearly has a love for the art of food.Special Features:
- Damn near perfect!Bearcat43Dined on 8/31/2014I have had the pleasure of dining at Rusconi's several times and each time the total experience was unrelentingly impeccable.Special Features:
- Worth a trySocko57Dined on 8/30/2014We weren't sure what to expect from Rusconi's because it had not been on our radar screen of restaurants to try in the area. It's sandwiched between a Panda Express and Corleone's, so we were perplexed by its location. Our table was right next to the Chef's work station. He and the service staff were friendly, informative, and fun. The menu promised good choices. We weren't disappointed. We started with bleu cheese stuffed figs from the Chef's garden, then for entrees had baby back ribs and truffle tenderloin. Both were cooked and presented very well. Reasonably priced for the quality. We would good back to Rusconi's for sure.Special Features:
- CriticalReviewersVIPDined on 8/28/2014Delicious food and great service. The rack of lamb is an outstanding dish that we've ordered here more than once. So great to have a restaurant of this caliber at a shopping center close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!JerseygirlVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a great evening at Rusconi's. The food was amazing, must have the Mac & Cheese appetizer. Everything we had was delicious right down to the Chocolate Bread Pudding. The service was fantastic as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- dineoutDined on 8/23/2014Great little restaurant. Chef Michael certainly knows how to put great flavors together. Our waiter was attentive and very knowledgable. A really good experience.Special Features:
- SRC1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Loved the ambiance and vibe. Limited menu for non meat Eaters and vegetarians. Mussels were small and dried out. Meat dishes for others were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bearcat43Dined on 8/17/2014Everything from the ambience, exceptional service, menu depth, quality of the food and reasonable prices served us perfectly. We will return... repeatedlySpecial Features:
- Great local flavor!!LisaDVIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything was awesome - creative martinis to a fresh and innovative menu. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I had lunch here this week. We each had the salmon with fingerling potatoes and brussel sprouts. The salmon was terrific. It was moist with just a little crispness. The blackberry sauce was a very nice compliment. The potatoes were also cooked very well and delicately seasoned. The brussel sprouts were a disappointment. They were cooked unevenly as though there were two separate batches of them. Most were undercooked and were almost raw with no seasoning at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would like to try dinnerGeriDined on 8/14/2014Lunch offering was limited. Good food ... server was mixed up on two of our orders... Rather noisy for a business lunch though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014third time there, first two were great, this time was mediocre. i think main chef had the night off.
- MarferDined on 8/12/2014A wonderful asset to the neighborhood--and so close by. It has become our favorite place for special occasions, meeting friends, lunch with friends. A comfortable, relaxed atmosphre, exceptional food exquisitely presented, excellent service, greeted with warmth and friendliness when you arrive. Rusconi's is a "class act" without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great pricing.foodloverVIPDined on 8/11/2014I was very impressed with Michael's food and his reasonable pricing. His wine list is small but priced very low. Even my 14 month old son loved his food. Keep it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience in the valleyILoveEatingDined on 8/9/2014My girlfriend and I moved to the Phoenix area about 1.5 years ago and have honestly been disappointed with the restaurant and food quality. Coming from Chicago can do that to anyone. Then we tried Rusconi's American Kitchen and found the dinning experience we'd been yearning for. Classic, fresh food made exceptionally well (read: much better than I can do on my own) in a comfortable, non-pretentious setting. The service, drinks, appetizers, main courses, and deserts were simply superb. I can't say enough good things about Rusconi's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindgmanDined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent. Service Excellent. Small restaurant with approx. 15 tables. Really nice atmosphere. Dinner was not rushed which meant we could enjoy the ambiance, our guests, etc. Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Place to Dine2gappsDined on 8/9/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants. We like the eclectic menu and have always enjoyed the food and service. We always make a reservation because Rusconi's is a busy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood gemBillVIPDined on 8/8/2014Chef michael is very creative and always has something you want to order. His prices are very reasonable for the quality of food. A must for us when in town. Try lunch also.Special Features:
- Everything nice!RoseMarieDined on 8/6/2014From the service to the food to the parking, Rusconi's is the perfect restaurant. The menu has a variety of choices, although not too many as to be overwhelmed. The summer tasting menu is perfect for those who want to taste a combo of flavors. Always look forward to going again. Great service from JD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemparspoonDined on 8/6/2014We have been to Rusconi's at least seventy-five times, the food is consistently excellent. The staff is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusconis for lunchJoandFredVIPDined on 8/5/2014We stumbled across this neighborhood gem. Lunch in the bar was fabulous. Great food with Touch of gourmet and great service by the bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last VisitHerb3VIPDined on 8/3/2014We have been there twice over the last month. Both trips were excellent. The food and service were both outstanding. Highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014I HAVE DINED AT RUSCONI'S SEVERAL TIMES. HAVE BROUGHT SEVERAL FRIENDS BOTH LOCAL AND VISITORS. THEY ALL HAVE TOTALLY ENJOYED THEIR EXPERIENCE. THE FOOD HAS NEVER DISAPPOINTED. THIS IS RARE. THEIR SHORT RIBS ARE DELICIOUS AND A FAVORITE OF MINE. I WOULD AND DO HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.Special Features:
- Great taste and quality menuSatisfiedDinerDined on 8/2/2014This is a great neighborhood place that fits family casual dining, date night, or an informal business meal. Menu is first class and seasonal. Food presented well and portion sizes are reasonable. Our waiter was a little distracted tonight, which is not the norm for Rusconis. Would have been a five star review otherwise. Wait staff is friendly, efficient and know the menu and wine list. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Rusconi's is our "local". We've been coming since it opened. The food is always wonderful, the prices are moderate (both food and wine) and the atmosphere is fun. We've never had a bad meal. On Monday this week, we brought some Scottsdale friends and introduced them to Rusconi's. They loved it and I expect they will return. Michael has created a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Tasting MenuKrittyAZVIPDined on 7/30/2014Three of us dined at Rusconi's on 7/31; two of us had the Summer Tasting Menu and one had white truffle mac and cheese, the cheese and meat board, and roast chicken. We were all very pleased with our food. The Tasting Menu was excellent: a lot of delicious food and accompanying wines. It would have been nice to have a little more description of why each wine was selected for the course being served, but it was very busy in the restaurant and probably not enough time. Highly recommend the tasting menu. Will also point out the mac and cheese was sinful, the cheese and meat board was yummy, and the roast chicken had a wonderful flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Experiences at Rusconi'sCriticalReviewersVIPDined on 7/29/2014I had lunch at Rusconi's with two friends. The food was ok, nothing special. I also had dinner there on 7/25, but they must not have acknowledged that it was an Open Table reservation because I never received the review form. The dinner was outstanding . . everything we had was well prepared, delicious and reasonably priced. Hannah was our waitress on both occasions and she did a great job. The restaurant was full and too noisy, but after a table of six women left, the noise level was fine. We highly recommend this restaurant for dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant! Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014Four of us ate at Rusconi's on Monday night. The food was fantastic! the ambience is wonderful. Most importantly the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodHerb3VIPDined on 7/21/2014Service was great. Food was very good. I would recommend anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood find!TravelfoodyVIPDined on 7/21/2014We have been to Rusconi's quite often in the last month meeting different friends & every time it has been fabulous!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem, indeedLaeneDined on 7/19/2014The food is really good. My favorite: the pork osso bucco was succulent and falling off the bone, the burrata and tomatoes a perfect blend of spicy and sweet, the buffalo flavorful, the banana dessert rich and just the right size and the chocolate bread pudding was a masterpiece of dense chocolate overload. Very satisfying. The chocolate/vanilla short rib preparation wasn't to my taste, but dinner was mostly a series of hits. The wine selection is good, the service quick, cheerful, and professional. We visited on a Saturday night - they deserve to be more packed than they were, but I am evidence that word is spreading. I'm delighted to have a place like this so close to home. I do wish the dining room were less loud and echoey, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGypsylauriDined on 7/19/2014I appreciate how well our waiter knew the menu and the specials. The person I was with has certain food allergies and he was well versed in the ingredients in each menu item. He provided options that met her needs.Special Features:
- Exceptional food, gracious serviceSandyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Delicious choices of yummy pasta and vegetable dish. Not just your average little pasta. Friend had shrimp dish salad. Service was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Great foodie experience in an invitation place, casual but serious about food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.