Rusconi's American Kitchen
10637 N. Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rusconi's American Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusconiskitchen.com/
- Phone: 4804830009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch- Tues-Fri 11:30- 2:00
Happy Hour- 4:00- 6:00 Every Day
Dinner - 5:00-10:00 Every Day
Sunday Brunch- 10:00-2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rusconi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood roasted menu selections bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley residents. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are influenced by our wood burning grill.
A word from Rusconi's American Kitchen
Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood burning grill with an abundance of affordable items, bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley restaurant goers. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are cooked to perfection on our wood burning grill to create a savory and aromatic flavor profile you can only experience at Rusconi's American Kitchen. Come and visit us relax and "enjoy the Moment."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rusconi's American Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Rusconi's American Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (161)fit for foodies (145)special occasion (56)great for lunch (49)notable wine list (45)great for brunch (33)good for groups (31)hot spot (29)great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (19)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)Show More
- Let's visit oftenSunshineDined on 10/29/2014Rusconi's American Kitchen is a true neighborhood gem. The menu is varied and interesting and definitely great for foodies. In addition to great service, the food has always been consistently delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a delicious meal in a comfortable, casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- FABULOUS!!!!!!!!SassyDined on 10/26/2014Our most favorite restaurant in all of Phoenix metro! Always enjoy everything....food is exceptional. AJ was our waiter this time and provided excellent service, along with his charming personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itgailDined on 10/24/2014Met some friends here for lunch. Our waiter was so attentive and friendly. Everyone loved their lunch entrees....get the salmon, it was fantastic. A hidden gem!!Special Features:
- Wonderful service and foodcalgaryfoodieDined on 10/23/2014We arrived early and enjoyed a drink at the bar. When the bartender noticed empty tables for two, he quickly made sure we were seated. He spent the rest of the evening checking on us to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. The chef even delivered one of our courses. The food was delicious with beautiful presentation so we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaleolificBnBonthetownDined on 10/23/2014We've been enjoying the food and service here since Rusconi's has been open and it never fails to please. Tasty dishes put together with imagination are the key ingredient. We often share the mussels as an appetizer so as not to miss the pork osso bucco or lamb, chicken, buffalo or fish. All good eating. Service is always accommodating and there is no such thing as no substitutions. Remove the starch add the brusselsprouts! What more can we ask?... I guess that would be some fresh fruit or berries for dessert which they'll gladly do if the ingredients are in house. Definitely a go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant!DeeDeeDined on 10/23/2014Kudos to your team on an extremely good job, as usual, on everything! From great food, to super professional upbeat staff, to a fun atmosphere! So glad you're in our neighborhood!!Special Features:
- 6 People 6 Different EntreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014WOW! We had a party of 6 and everyone ordered a different entree. It was hard to decide which was the best because they were all amazing!! Highly recommending this restaurant. Great service too.Special Features:
- Good Dinnerdavidg47VIPDined on 10/18/2014Good food but a lousy bar. This the fourth time we have tried this restaurant. Each time we have had trouble with mixed drinks. They either don't have the brand we request...or the bartender does not know how to properly mix the drink.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Food was delicious, presentation lovely, wait staff was friendly and welcoming....such a gem. Thank you for a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencesmizeDined on 10/15/2014Myself and 3 friends dined there this week and it was a great experience. Everyone was very friendly and could answer all the questions we had. I will definitely go back! Also, the following day I received a call from the restaurant to thank me for dining and to make sure everything was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014we loved our experience as usual at Rusconi's but this time our waiter was awful! He kept running off and was exceptionally slow with our requests for anything. We took friends and this was their first time dining there. Fortunately they vowed to return because the food is superb but they need to have a talk with Joshua!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenustephVIPDined on 10/11/2014The rack of lamb is our favorite........no matter how it is prepared. Ahi tuna also fabulous. Food is consistently good and well priced.Special Features:
- FanaticalMmmmmmmmDined on 10/9/2014We had changed our open table reservation more than once that night and was pleas toy surprised when they called with a friendly ask if we were arriving on time or needed directions, personal greeting upon arrival, fantastic service and food and a follow up feedback call the next day. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?? Awesome!Special Features:
- StuScottsdaleStu6VIPDined on 10/9/2014We really enjoyed our 1st visit to the restaurant. All of our dishes were excellent.Special Features:
- Another fantastic evening!FoodStarCriticDined on 10/8/2014My husband & I met our friends for dinner & we had another fantastic meal at your wonderful restaurant! I had the Buffalo sirloin & it was fantastic-again & the bread pudding was divine! My husband had the pork tenderloin he'd had before which he loved. My girlfriend had the ahi- YUM; her daughter enjoyed the short ribs which were delectable - just a fantastic meal. We shared a bottle wine which was fairly priced. For appetizers we enjoyed the kitchen board as well as the pork belly & Schreiner sausage. Everything is so amazing at your restaurant I can't compliment you enough. Our service was wonderful: Bobby took care of us & he was very respectful of our time. Both he & the chef thanked us for coming. A+ evening-can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find....TillyDined on 10/7/2014Our first time eating here even though we have passed this restaurant many many times. The food was amazing...Service was great. The menu was that of a 5 star restaurant. I am a Foodie and I would definitely recommend Rusconi to all my friends. We will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Delight2foodfansDined on 10/5/2014Rusconi's is a great neighborhood find. It offers young and old alike unique versions of all time classics. The food and wine are outstanding at affordable prices. From mussels to buffalo, this restaurant offers a variety of tasty options. The food is of the highest quality, the atmosphere is casual and the service is warm and responsive. Chef Michael has truly found a fantastic balance of food, price and atmosphere. This is a must go restaurant.Special Features:
- Best of PhoenixMikeHDined on 10/4/2014The food and service at Rusconi's is consistently our top choice in Phoenix. The chef has elevated Mac and Cheese to a supreme level, and the Scallops over squash, applesand Brussels sprouts were worthy of an award on Iron Chef.Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014We were there on a Friday night and waited a long time for food. Need to have some improvement in their kitchen. Server just fine, but little too slow on food service. Lunch was a better experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous EveningKimberleeDined on 10/1/2014Dined at Rusconi's Kitchen for a third time. Service was impeccable and the food delicious. Loved the arugula salad with beets (could have used a few more beets). My favorite part was the phone call I received the next day thanking me for dining at Rusconi's. This was truly a first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!CuyahogaJanVIPDined on 9/30/2014It may be located in a nondescript strip center, but Rusconi's has got it going. The menu is haute comfort food, tasty fairly priced.Special Features:
- The food and service were superb!MikeyDined on 9/28/2014Keep the Gulf Shrimp Appetizer, short rib entree, and Brulee desert on your regular menu; not just on the restaurant week menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed, but fine...phxdiner72Dined on 9/27/2014We ventured here for restaurant week on a Saturday night. They were very busy and we were not seated until at least 20 minutes after our 8:00 reservation. It was clear that the servers were overwhelmed with the volume of business, as was the kitchen. It was a good 40 minutes after our reservation time before we had our bar drinks in front of us. The food was tasty, but was missing that little something extra that would have made it extraordinary. The biggest disappointment was my dessert, which came to the table not at all as it was described on the menu. There was no peaches or chocolate in my empanada and I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be ice cream as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!GreatVIPDined on 9/27/2014I wasn't sure what to expect being located in what seemed small from the outside, however good sized inside. Loved the happy hour menu, enjoyed the 1/2 off wine which was really good. Food was great and didn't follow the normal menu which was refreshing.Special Features:
- Excellent food from a perfect chefJeanBeDined on 9/25/2014We had dinner during restaurant week, and could only praise the preparation, the taste and the value of food and beverages. Will go again soon. I think it is less noisy earlier in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will go back soonnosecondchancesDined on 9/25/2014looking forward to trying more of their great foodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Lunch menu was fairly small but varied enough so all six people in our party tried different items. Serving sizes were not large but adequate for lunch. Desserts were somewhat disappointing.. Service was excellent and we will definitely return but probably for dinner.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!foodiefan00Dined on 9/24/2014We decided to try Rusconi's during Restaurant Week. There were 6 of us and we had a wonderful dinner. The staff was very busy but attentive and personable. Everything was delicious from the appetizer to the dessert and the presentation of each course was fabulous. All of our friends said it was a great choice! We will be back and will tell our other friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disappointmentAZDudeVIPDined on 9/24/2014Rusconi's food is good. This night, however, the cauliflower soup was scorched, not roasted. Worse, there was no one to tell that the soup was not right. Additionally, the wines that were to appear with each course did not appear, with the water boy having to be the responsible party to relay the order. We were warned: "it's gonna be busy tonight", but we did not expect this level of incompetence. It really made us appreciate all the other times that service is seamless. I do have to say, though, that the grannysmith/coconut budino was heavenly. By the way, we eventually did have two wines that were recommended with our course and they were wonderful.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMamajillDined on 9/24/2014My son took me here for my birthday. It was delightful. Staff was very friendly; knowledgeable in the menu. The short ribs were extremely tender, perfect spicing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!TravelfoodyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Every visit reminds me why we go back. Specials add to the regular menu which always great!Special Features:
- Consistently Great!RRPVAZVIPDined on 9/21/2014Something for EVERYONE'S taste! Tried and true: Salmon, short ribs, shrimp and grits (in season); Sunday brunch a must, pork osso bucco, mussels, and so much more! Michael Rusconi is there almost every open minute to ensure quality of food and service. After two years being open (as of Sept 2014), Rusconi's is the BEST KEPT 'secret' in the Tatum/Shea area. The quality of food is WAY above any restuarant in that area.Special Features:
- very good...AuntSueDined on 9/20/2014very good food - excellent flavor in sauces etc. went for restaurant week - maybe the portions were smaller than normal but it was a good deal. would have loved some bread as I was about to lick the delicious sauces off the plate! cute place felt very trendy for a fun nite!Special Features:
- ExcellentjefecitaVIPDined on 9/19/2014Rusconi's food is beautifully prepared and flavorful. Always fresh and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!SassyDined on 9/19/2014We invited another couple (friends) to dine with us at Rusconi's. They had not previously been to Rusconi's are we're very impressed with the food ambiance and the overall restaurant. Rusconi's is our favorite restaurant in the Phoenix metro area. Even though we live in Tempe, it is always our "go to" place for a special dining night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't dismiss strip mall locationJP1992VIPDined on 9/16/2014I picked this restaurant based on on-line reviews and a review of the menu, as I was traveling through Scottsdale and didn't want the normal 'chain' restaurant business dinner. The service was excellent, staff was genuinely appreciative that we were there, and the food was outstanding. We also had a fantastic bottle of wine. Though I don't like to repeat visits to restaurants as I travel the country, I'd absolutely come back!Special Features:
- A Great Neighborhood RestauranttwofoodiesVIPDined on 9/15/2014It is really nice to have a nice restaurant around the corner that has such good food. We all agreed that this place exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsSteakLoverVIPDined on 9/14/2014We are regular customers at this Neighborhood Gem and highly recommend it. From the wine to the food to the waitstaff, this place will not disppoint you. Highlights include the roasted chicken with green chile risotto, the bison steak, and the beef tenderloin medallions with truffled mac and cheese. Incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AzmaryDined on 9/10/2014We visit Rusconi's on a regular basis and each time it gets better. When you start at a high level that is difficult to do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I had some guests come to town and was recommended to try Rusconi's. Little did I know I had actually been there one other time for lunch, and they have a great green chili beef stew or something like that. For dinner with my friends, I had a wonderful Salmon. I usually like to take a little leftovers home, so my one complaint was the portion was smallish for that purpose. It was perfect for one meal serving, but not for extra.Special Features: