Rusconi's American Kitchen
10637 N. Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rusconi's American Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusconiskitchen.com/
- Phone: 4804830009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch- Tues-Fri 11:30- 2:00
Happy Hour- 4:00- 6:00 Every Day
Dinner - 5:00-10:00 Every Day
Sunday Brunch- 10:00-2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rusconi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood roasted menu selections bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley residents. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are influenced by our wood burning grill.
A word from Rusconi's American Kitchen
Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood burning grill with an abundance of affordable items, bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley restaurant goers. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are cooked to perfection on our wood burning grill to create a savory and aromatic flavor profile you can only experience at Rusconi's American Kitchen. Come and visit us relax and "enjoy the Moment."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rusconi's American Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Rusconi's American Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (163)fit for foodies (140)special occasion (64)great for lunch (54)notable wine list (43)great for brunch (38)hot spot (28)good for groups (28)romantic (22)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- The food and service were superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Keep the Gulf Shrimp Appetizer, short rib entree, and Brulee desert on your regular menu; not just on the restaurant week menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed, but fine...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We ventured here for restaurant week on a Saturday night. They were very busy and we were not seated until at least 20 minutes after our 8:00 reservation. It was clear that the servers were overwhelmed with the volume of business, as was the kitchen. It was a good 40 minutes after our reservation time before we had our bar drinks in front of us. The food was tasty, but was missing that little something extra that would have made it extraordinary. The biggest disappointment was my dessert, which came to the table not at all as it was described on the menu. There was no peaches or chocolate in my empanada and I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be ice cream as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!GreatVIPDined on 9/27/2014I wasn't sure what to expect being located in what seemed small from the outside, however good sized inside. Loved the happy hour menu, enjoyed the 1/2 off wine which was really good. Food was great and didn't follow the normal menu which was refreshing.Special Features:
- Excellent food from a perfect chefJeanBeDined on 9/25/2014We had dinner during restaurant week, and could only praise the preparation, the taste and the value of food and beverages. Will go again soon. I think it is less noisy earlier in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will go back soonnosecondchancesDined on 9/25/2014looking forward to trying more of their great foodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Lunch menu was fairly small but varied enough so all six people in our party tried different items. Serving sizes were not large but adequate for lunch. Desserts were somewhat disappointing.. Service was excellent and we will definitely return but probably for dinner.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!foodiefan00Dined on 9/24/2014We decided to try Rusconi's during Restaurant Week. There were 6 of us and we had a wonderful dinner. The staff was very busy but attentive and personable. Everything was delicious from the appetizer to the dessert and the presentation of each course was fabulous. All of our friends said it was a great choice! We will be back and will tell our other friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disappointmentAZDudeVIPDined on 9/24/2014Rusconi's food is good. This night, however, the cauliflower soup was scorched, not roasted. Worse, there was no one to tell that the soup was not right. Additionally, the wines that were to appear with each course did not appear, with the water boy having to be the responsible party to relay the order. We were warned: "it's gonna be busy tonight", but we did not expect this level of incompetence. It really made us appreciate all the other times that service is seamless. I do have to say, though, that the grannysmith/coconut budino was heavenly. By the way, we eventually did have two wines that were recommended with our course and they were wonderful.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMamajillDined on 9/24/2014My son took me here for my birthday. It was delightful. Staff was very friendly; knowledgeable in the menu. The short ribs were extremely tender, perfect spicing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!TravelfoodyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Every visit reminds me why we go back. Specials add to the regular menu which always great!Special Features:
- Consistently Great!RRPVAZVIPDined on 9/21/2014Something for EVERYONE'S taste! Tried and true: Salmon, short ribs, shrimp and grits (in season); Sunday brunch a must, pork osso bucco, mussels, and so much more! Michael Rusconi is there almost every open minute to ensure quality of food and service. After two years being open (as of Sept 2014), Rusconi's is the BEST KEPT 'secret' in the Tatum/Shea area. The quality of food is WAY above any restuarant in that area.Special Features:
- very good...AuntSueDined on 9/20/2014very good food - excellent flavor in sauces etc. went for restaurant week - maybe the portions were smaller than normal but it was a good deal. would have loved some bread as I was about to lick the delicious sauces off the plate! cute place felt very trendy for a fun nite!Special Features:
- ExcellentjefecitaDined on 9/19/2014Rusconi's food is beautifully prepared and flavorful. Always fresh and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!SassyDined on 9/19/2014We invited another couple (friends) to dine with us at Rusconi's. They had not previously been to Rusconi's are we're very impressed with the food ambiance and the overall restaurant. Rusconi's is our favorite restaurant in the Phoenix metro area. Even though we live in Tempe, it is always our "go to" place for a special dining night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't dismiss strip mall locationJP1992VIPDined on 9/16/2014I picked this restaurant based on on-line reviews and a review of the menu, as I was traveling through Scottsdale and didn't want the normal 'chain' restaurant business dinner. The service was excellent, staff was genuinely appreciative that we were there, and the food was outstanding. We also had a fantastic bottle of wine. Though I don't like to repeat visits to restaurants as I travel the country, I'd absolutely come back!Special Features:
- A Great Neighborhood RestauranttwofoodiesVIPDined on 9/15/2014It is really nice to have a nice restaurant around the corner that has such good food. We all agreed that this place exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsSteakLoverVIPDined on 9/14/2014We are regular customers at this Neighborhood Gem and highly recommend it. From the wine to the food to the waitstaff, this place will not disppoint you. Highlights include the roasted chicken with green chile risotto, the bison steak, and the beef tenderloin medallions with truffled mac and cheese. Incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AzmaryDined on 9/10/2014We visit Rusconi's on a regular basis and each time it gets better. When you start at a high level that is difficult to do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I had some guests come to town and was recommended to try Rusconi's. Little did I know I had actually been there one other time for lunch, and they have a great green chili beef stew or something like that. For dinner with my friends, I had a wonderful Salmon. I usually like to take a little leftovers home, so my one complaint was the portion was smallish for that purpose. It was perfect for one meal serving, but not for extra.Special Features:
- Favorite of the localsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/9/2014Not our first time here; ret'd because the food & service is so good. This time: bump in the road. Shown to our table; server told us the specials & took our drink order. We waited, & waited & waited. No drinks. Server MIA. No drinks. Finally the astute bartender read my frustrated body language (saw him go talk to the mgr). Mgr. came over & asked if our order was taken; told him we ordered drinks but that was the end. He was apologetic & gracious. Talked to the waiter who profusely apologized. Evidently server had an injury & they ended up sending him home; they comped our drinks. Open faced grilled veggie ravioli so delicious; grilled beef tenderloin medallions w/truffle scented mac & cheese to die for! This places rocks!Special Features:
- Food great, service slowSisterAmyTDined on 9/6/2014First time here for dinner (had a great burger last year and wanted to try for dinner). Two of us split these dishes: burrata/tomato salad, goat cheese fondue, pork osso buco, and fruit empanadas. All dishes were delicious. They were short staffed and very packed (Saturday night) so I probably won't go again on a weekend night. Otherwise, everything was fabulous! Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotafanDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed our first dining experience. Even though we did not order drinks or wine, the server was very nice, not rushing us through our meal on a very busy evening. Dinner was fresh and wonderful and loved the open concept (only wish my back wasn't to the kitchen so I could have enjoyed the prep more). --ABCSpecial Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014We feel so lucky to have a restaurant of this quality in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!ILoveGreatFoodDined on 9/2/2014The food is always amazing and food quality is unconditionally consistent! They have a fantastic menu! The staff is certainly the most attentive I have seen in a long time. We do not live necessarily close to this restaurant, however, it is always worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kateVIPDined on 8/31/2014It takes us about 40 minutes to get to this wonderful restaurant, so it is not always on our dining radar. Each time we do visit, we promise ourselves to make the trip more frequently. The menu is creative, consistently excellent and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. It is a pleasure to dine in an establishment where the chef clearly has a love for the art of food.Special Features:
- Damn near perfect!Bearcat43Dined on 8/31/2014I have had the pleasure of dining at Rusconi's several times and each time the total experience was unrelentingly impeccable.Special Features:
- Worth a trySocko57Dined on 8/30/2014We weren't sure what to expect from Rusconi's because it had not been on our radar screen of restaurants to try in the area. It's sandwiched between a Panda Express and Corleone's, so we were perplexed by its location. Our table was right next to the Chef's work station. He and the service staff were friendly, informative, and fun. The menu promised good choices. We weren't disappointed. We started with bleu cheese stuffed figs from the Chef's garden, then for entrees had baby back ribs and truffle tenderloin. Both were cooked and presented very well. Reasonably priced for the quality. We would good back to Rusconi's for sure.Special Features:
- CriticalReviewersVIPDined on 8/28/2014Delicious food and great service. The rack of lamb is an outstanding dish that we've ordered here more than once. So great to have a restaurant of this caliber at a shopping center close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!JerseygirlVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a great evening at Rusconi's. The food was amazing, must have the Mac & Cheese appetizer. Everything we had was delicious right down to the Chocolate Bread Pudding. The service was fantastic as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- dineoutDined on 8/23/2014Great little restaurant. Chef Michael certainly knows how to put great flavors together. Our waiter was attentive and very knowledgable. A really good experience.Special Features:
- SRC1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Loved the ambiance and vibe. Limited menu for non meat Eaters and vegetarians. Mussels were small and dried out. Meat dishes for others were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bearcat43Dined on 8/17/2014Everything from the ambience, exceptional service, menu depth, quality of the food and reasonable prices served us perfectly. We will return... repeatedlySpecial Features:
- Great local flavor!!LisaDVIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything was awesome - creative martinis to a fresh and innovative menu. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I had lunch here this week. We each had the salmon with fingerling potatoes and brussel sprouts. The salmon was terrific. It was moist with just a little crispness. The blackberry sauce was a very nice compliment. The potatoes were also cooked very well and delicately seasoned. The brussel sprouts were a disappointment. They were cooked unevenly as though there were two separate batches of them. Most were undercooked and were almost raw with no seasoning at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would like to try dinnerGeriDined on 8/14/2014Lunch offering was limited. Good food ... server was mixed up on two of our orders... Rather noisy for a business lunch though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014third time there, first two were great, this time was mediocre. i think main chef had the night off.
- MarferDined on 8/12/2014A wonderful asset to the neighborhood--and so close by. It has become our favorite place for special occasions, meeting friends, lunch with friends. A comfortable, relaxed atmosphre, exceptional food exquisitely presented, excellent service, greeted with warmth and friendliness when you arrive. Rusconi's is a "class act" without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great pricing.foodloverVIPDined on 8/11/2014I was very impressed with Michael's food and his reasonable pricing. His wine list is small but priced very low. Even my 14 month old son loved his food. Keep it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience in the valleyILoveEatingDined on 8/9/2014My girlfriend and I moved to the Phoenix area about 1.5 years ago and have honestly been disappointed with the restaurant and food quality. Coming from Chicago can do that to anyone. Then we tried Rusconi's American Kitchen and found the dinning experience we'd been yearning for. Classic, fresh food made exceptionally well (read: much better than I can do on my own) in a comfortable, non-pretentious setting. The service, drinks, appetizers, main courses, and deserts were simply superb. I can't say enough good things about Rusconi's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindgmanDined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent. Service Excellent. Small restaurant with approx. 15 tables. Really nice atmosphere. Dinner was not rushed which meant we could enjoy the ambiance, our guests, etc. Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.