161 Second House Road
Montauk, NY 11954Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chelseahotels.com/
- Phone: 6316688249x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:30 pm
(Brunch: Sat/Sun: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm)
**Please note that every Tuesday Night is Burger Night, featuring Guest Chefs, Boozy Milkshakes, Live Music, and Delicious Burgers**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Roy Wohlars
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ruschmeyer's
At Ruschmeyer's, we focus on using the best local farm ingredients, with an emphasis on Montauk's freshest fish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Ruschmeyer's - Best Restaurants in Montauk ›
Ruschmeyer's reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (18)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (15)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (9)scenic view (8)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- poor foodCarlito68Dined on 8/19/2014The worst dinner and the worst burgers in the last three years in the United States. But the service is friendly and the restaurant is nice.
- gabbyDined on 8/18/2014wonderful garden ambience, enchanting whimsical milieu, smart wine selection Menu fresh balance with some creative touchesSpecial Features:
- Savory but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014The menu was limited, but the food was delicious and healthful. The decor was farmhouse country, making the atmosphere friendly and informal. Our servers were friendly, too, but the food and drink was slow in coming. We were there without our kids, but a number of other families were there with kids of all ages.Special Features:
- Funky coolOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014During the week a great outdoor spot with cool ambiance and delicious food. Weekends too crazy and packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERratedcaz1Dined on 8/10/2014Food was Ok, certainly not up to its pricing !! We dont mind paying high prices if we feel we were recieving top service and food .. Place had a cool look and probably good for late night partying. But the rest was for the birds !!!Special Features:
- Loud for diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014Good for young partying crowd. Place to be seen, not dine. Ok food but nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Delicious.Princess7VIPDined on 7/31/2014Outdoor dining great. Food delicious. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Two different placesMartylDined on 7/28/2014This is a Montauk "hot spot" on weekends, a club scene, active bar(s), crowds, very hip--so I am told. But my wife and I went there for dinner on a Monday night, no hippies, no bar scene, just a half empty reasonably quiet dining room, pleasant service, excellent food and we can't wait to go back--on a Monday night!Special Features:
- GoodFrankDined on 7/23/2014Good food, pricey, but it is a resort area. Typical pricing and menu for the better restaurants in Montauk.Special Features:
- Way above average for the Hamptons!RichardVIPDined on 7/19/2014Service was great. Food was excellent. Great buzz, even for a few mature adults. Just plain enjoyed the evening. Thanks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frustrating BookingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014We were meeting a bunch of different friends in the Hampton's Friday night, and had made a reservation for Resuchmeyers Friday eve. We tried to expand it for a large group but it was impossible. When we arrived there were huge empty tables!!! This was incredibly frustrating. The food was great, but that was not a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our nightGolem212VIPDined on 7/15/2014We went to Ruschmeyer's on a Tuesday night. Imagine our disappointment when we learned we had 2 choices, burgers or pizza. End of story. It was there unadvertised burger night. Nevertheless, We decided to have a nice glass of wine before moving on to another Montauk restaurant. Imagine our ensuing disappointment when the wine, a local Cab Franc, overpriced at $18 for a short glass, had that "been in the bottle too long" taste. End of story. The service was friendly and professional. The offerings, not so much.Special Features:
- Great brunch spotfoodie8888Dined on 7/6/2014Had brunch here over 4th of July weekend - arrived early so it wasn't too busy, we were able to have our choice of outdoor picnic tables. Bloody Mary, cappuccino, and Eggs Benedict with crab were all awesome.Special Features:
- Prix Fixe Tasting MenuJBDiningDined on 6/28/2014We were a little disappointed when we found out that a party of our size required the prixe fixe tasting menu-- but the food was really good, so we got over it. Overall a great outdoor dining experience.Special Features:
- Impressive Opening WeekendCMRNYCDined on 5/25/2014Generally seasonal restaurants have struggling opening weekends, however at Ruschmeyers this was not the case (nor was it the case last year either!). We arrived an hour early for our reservation and were seated immediately by the wonderful hostess Kristin. Our server was attentive and sweet, and even brought me over a birthday glass of prosecco! While there aren't a huge amount of choices in Montauk, this has always been my #1!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014Loved it. Very good experience. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TknycVIPDined on 5/25/2014Worst restaurant in the Hamptons. Food is overpriced garbage, the wait staff are incompetent and the overall experience was awful.
- LOVED!nyc321Dined on 5/23/2014I had a really great time at Ruschmeyer's!! I thought the food was amazing (even though they didn't have the smores yet) :( Really loved the outdoor part, and the bar was really fun. I would definitely recommend this to friends.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the Ruschmeyer's reviews archive.
- Lovin every minute of itPSU6895Dined on 8/28/2013Great meal . Best we had in montauk all week and there's a lot of great restaurants now . Loved the waiter ! Superior service and warm and friendly and that you don't necessarily find out here !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really surprisingly bad food.anonymousDined on 8/26/2013really surprisingly bad food. sent two out of five items back. adequate, uninspired service. small, expensive wine list. looks like a camp dining hall and tastes like one, too.
- very overpriced food for the3dinersDined on 8/25/2013very overpriced food for the quality and portions which are small. limited and overpriced wine list. great atmosphere but dining a "c" at best.Special Features:
- Fun scene for going out. NotariannaVIPDined on 8/24/2013Fun scene for going out. Not great for a restaurant. Very small portions, overpriced, and very saltyI would recommend this to a friend.
- IIt once was good.EastEndFamilyDined on 8/24/2013We have gone to this resturant years ago and were very pleased. The food was average the wait staff was a bit less than average; seemed as tho they just didn't want to be there. Overall I would not recomend this resturant.Special Features:
- ExcellentBell3Dined on 8/23/2013Funky, cool place. The service was very good, and the food was delicious! The s'mores dessert is a must, decadency at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made me smileCbellaVIPDined on 8/22/2013yes, the clam pizza is quite delicious and one of the best versions I've had. All around good dining experience, very cool place. Servers, including bar tender at times act sort of indifferent. Couldn't tell if that is supposed to be what they are aiming for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but nothing specialPFA3Dined on 8/12/2013I do not think they cook to order? My fish may have been poached and reheated? But the Fish was fresh!I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we arrived the hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2013When we arrived the hostess asked us if we wanted to sit outside or inside. We said we were never there before and we wanted to sit where it was more fun. She sat us outside in a less than vibrant environment and immediately we asked to be moved inside. She told us that the table she had open for us was no longer available. We stayed outside in a less than enjoyable environment with poor service and bugs which were horribley biting us once the sun set. We could barely finish our meal. The lack of customer service was really surprising and with all the great restaurants in the Hamptons we will not be returning to this restaurant.
- Disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2013Ruschmeyers was truly a disappointment. For all the trouble it was getting a reservation and the back and forth with confirming it was not worth it at all. The service was awful and the food was just ok. They were very snooty and I would not go out of my way to ever go there again!
- Rushmeyer'sjmb458Dined on 8/7/2013After having a good dinner there a few weeks ago, however, the service was awful, we went back for a second time. Again, the service was awful but, unfortunately, this time around so was the food. Awful wine list. Great hangout spot in Montauk, pretty people, outdoor seating. Go there for cocktails and to meet and greet but be prepared for long lines and rudeness.Special Features:
- Drosselmeyer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2013This place was recommended, loosely, by my daughter. The dining area is lovely although, I found the large Japanese hanging lanterns to be incongruous with the beautiful wood structure. I sat on a very thin pad that was not very comfortable. The wine list left a lot to be desiredI ordered a beet/grapefruit salad that was not extraordinary, and roasted veggies were soggy, and roasted potatoes. The potatoes were hard on the outside and dry on the inside so, I sent them back. The waiter brought me asparagus and said he had tasted the potatoes and they were pretty bad. My boyfriend ordered swordfish that arrived decidedly overcooked. Desert was blueberry panacotta served in a small bell jar and was good but not enough to erase the dinner.
- top ten dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2013you may feel like you're at summer camp when you step foot onto ruschmeyer's, but be assured, you will not be eating camp food! i had one of the best lobster rolls ever at ruschmeyers. But even better...their de-constructed s'more dessert--perhaps one of my top ten favorite desserts ever! great cocktails too!Special Features:
- Best dinner in montaukGigiDined on 8/4/2013The food was great!! Best mac & cheese!! Our waiter was very attentive & knowledgeable. Would definitely go back next time we are in montaukSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find in MontaukDaniBDined on 8/3/2013I've heard rumblings about this place via Unique Eats and Goop and I'm so glad I reserved a dinner date at this restaurant. My boyfriend and I loved everything about it. The ambiance, the layout, the view, the service, the food - it was all fantastic. I absolutely devoured my swordfish and my boyfriend loved his sea bass. We also loved the banana bread dessert. We will definitely recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great place to eat in Montauk and we can't wait come back and try other food on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very very crowded and noisy.AndreaDined on 8/2/2013very very crowded and noisy. good food and service. crowd was 20 - 30ishSpecial Features:
- Food was good but portionsCocoDined on 8/1/2013Food was good but portions tiny, left still hungry! Also the specials on the blackboard were two weeks old... When we asked about the local bass listed the waiter told us that the board was never changed...How lazy can you be!!! The atmosphere is great ... the waiter very casual and friendly!Special Features:
- CrowdedlkinelskiVIPDined on 7/27/2013I really like the food at Ruschmeyer's and the overall ambience. The bar on Thursday nights (bingo!) is fabulous, and also pretty good if you go early on a Friday or Saturday. After 9pm on Saturday it is so crowded you cannot move, let alone order a drink. Ruschmeyer's shouldn't let in as many guests in order to preserve the experience of guests in the venue. What a shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good option among limited optionsCairotodublinDined on 7/25/2013Great ambiance, and the menu is pretty good compared to what else is available in MTK. The wait staff is your typical beach town lackadaisical quality, so be prepared, but that's part of game here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A poor dining value.JakeDined on 7/24/2013The menu at Ruschmeyers was limited and expensive. The charge for the Swordfish was $29 which was way out of line considering the tiny portion served. The children's menu was also expensive for what was offered. In general the food was mediocre. It's a fun place for the kids to run around, but they can do that just about anywhere.Special Features:
- unfortunately disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2013This restaurant was highly recommended by friends and online reviews; however, the dining experience did not live up to expectations. The outdoor rumshack was closed the night we dined. Drinks were very expensive. The service was horrible. And although the food had the potential for being very good and exotic, the execution was definitely lacking.
- Great MTK dinner...JemmDined on 7/18/2013I enjoyed a very good dinner at Ruschmeyers last week. Their striped bass special was a hit as well and the bacon wrapped fluke served over spinach. Great find in MTK!Special Features: