Ruscello - Nordstrom Oakbrook Center
10 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Ruscello - Nordstrom Oakbrook Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (630) 571-2121
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 9:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ruscello - Nordstrom Oakbrook Center
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Ruscello - Nordstrom Oakbrook Center - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Ruscello - Nordstrom Oakbrook Center reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Delicious food at the mallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014The food is always good and consistent . Service is attentive and they are prompt. My only wish is that they would close the doors near the entrance. We had to sit with our coats on the entire meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MuffyDined on 11/18/2014Always fantastic service, personable and efficient. Menu is good but could use more daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent foodRamonDined on 11/8/2014Ordered pasta Bolognese - which was good. It didn't seem as family friendly as in the past. I think they are trying to make this a destination restaurant - Hey lets go to Oak Brook and eat at Ruscellos vs. I'm here at the mall, where can I get a good bite to eat. The latter should be the focus and there is too much competition already in the area for the former. The music playing over the speakers was so eclectic that it was hard to have a conversation at dinner and not notice the weird sounds coming from above. There was no sense to it - one song was a light classical, the next a song with loud percussion section, the next was a folk song with a strange background beat. Very odd.Special Features:
- great foodnangoDined on 10/10/2014We love their menu. Salads are full of fresh ingredients and there's something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotGsc22VIPDined on 9/28/2014A favorite place for lunch - they have great salads and are very family friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special lunchILAZWIDinersVIPDined on 9/22/2014my friend and I once again had a great experience---service was excellent food /salads excellent we'll continue to meet for lunch at one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service for lunchTarheelborn1VIPDined on 9/22/2014We had great service for lunch but the food was not as good. The pizza was very salty even without the proscuitto. Salmon salad was decent as usual.Special Features:
- good food, but loudChristineFrancesVIPDined on 9/17/2014They were snappy and the food was great. My only complaint is that it is always loud.Special Features:
- nordstrom cafe=ruscellolynneDined on 8/26/2014just as expected. direct to the point dining-no nonsense or fancy stuff. enjoyed dining n sipping wine with 7 of my friends at ruscello !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay food | PriceyCityHoppinVIPDined on 8/17/2014Can I get a straw please? Each time we come here it's a struggle to get a straw. For the prices they charge for the food, you'd think they'd just give it to you off the bat since almost everyone wants one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014We all had salads and they were fresh and delicious tasting. You do have to ask for bread and butter at lunch if you want it. They don't just bring it to the table.Special Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the Ruscello - Nordstrom Oakbrook Center reviews archive.
- Love this place!Autumn13Dined on 7/29/2014Ruscello is always a must when shopping with my daughter as they are very accommodating for vegetarians. Great food!Special Features:
- Ruscello at Nordstrom in OakbrookMissyDined on 7/25/2014What a wonderful dinner and great service!! Both my and my husband's dish had great presentation and taste. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive to our needs. We'll be back again!!Special Features:
- A great mall findMallVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great food and not a long wait. After shopping you will love this place. Great food and service,Special Features:
- Good service and fastAlinaDined on 6/12/2014Very convenient, good service, quick food , liked the staff, very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foood, great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/12/2014The shrimp salad was fantastic. Our waitress was wonderful! The price was great. I love this place and will return.Special Features:
- Seems a step down from previouslySuburbanFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food was prepared well and as we expected. Nothing on the menu was fantastic but all solid and tasted good. The waist staff now wears black T-shirts which get washed out quickly and do nothing for the atmosphere; however, the staff were all very friendly and fairly attentive. It's tough to say but it feels like Nordstrom was trying for better and missed the mark somehow. I'm sure I'll eat there again given its location but there's nothing special or great about it.Special Features:
- Okay for lunchTarheelborn1VIPDined on 4/11/2014Ruscello is okay for lunch but it is a problem that women have to go out of the restaurant and to another floor of the store to use the Women's restroom. Service is good and the booths are comfortable but they really need to have facilities for women restaurant patrons.
- Great experienceDinerVIPDined on 3/24/2014I hadn't been at Ruscello since it had been remodeled. I thought the ambiance was much improved. We got a table in the back and the noise level was perfect for a conversation with a friend over lunch. Our server was very attentive and the food was outstanding. We both had salads and they were more than happy to make minor modifications.Special Features:
- Good is superb! Love the roastedlaurakVIPDined on 3/7/2014Good is superb! Love the roasted vegetable panini!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected late lunchSouperSaladDined on 3/4/2014A friend I hadn't seen in yrs was greeting me with her children. We decide to find a place to sit down and catch up. She left it up to me to select the spot. I knew there was a a place in Nordstrom but was pleasantly surprised to see that the entire store had been remodeled! The restaurant was completely different. The children were enjoyed the chicken fingers. My friend and I started with the Hummus, it was delicious. I ordered a special salad they offered with kale, lentils, and a sherry vinaigrette and my friend selected the chicken lime salad from the menu. The two salads where excellent. The refills on ours drinks where a bit slow but we were ok since we were mostly talking and catching up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect placegmtaDined on 3/2/2014It was a perfect place to go before a production at Drury Lane.Special Features:
- ConvenientAuntKikiVIPDined on 3/1/2014Food is solid, no complaints. Nice option when shopping--haven't had to wait for a table. Kids menu is a plus. Decent wine offerings. Nice to have another option at this side of the mall...other than cpk.Special Features:
- LOVE the menu fresh & theskipperVIPDined on 2/25/2014LOVE the menu fresh & the new look of the restaurants - and now it's not a haven for screaming kids and strollers ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the plate should have betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014the plate should have better amount of food on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinner options withQueenmumDined on 2/14/2014Very good dinner options with gluten free menu options as well. Very good service. Friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S...L...O...W serviceAES2Dined on 2/14/2014We gave it a try on our way to see Young Frankenstein at Drury Lane. A lot of fun and we recommend it to anyone who wants to relax with an evening of lighthearted laughs. They had a Valentine's Day special $60 / couple with a choice of steak or scallops. Nice choice and was good. Other than that the menu is mostly overpriced sandwiches. We had two hours before curtain, but that wasn't enough. We got our main courses maybe an hour and a half after arriving, and when we noticed the time and asked for the check and dessert to go we still waited a long time. We finally got dessert while standing with our coats on, missed the first few minutes of the show, and when we got home there was only one dessert in the bag.
- preferred the old cafeannieVIPDined on 1/31/2014I'm just not a fan of the new café at Nordstrom - Ruscello. I'm really not sure who they are trying to attract, with the more formal dining experience. It used to be a great place to go while shopping, and particularly with kids. It's lost that casual, café experience. And, they don't seem as busy. Takeout used to be so easy. Now, it seems to take forever - as they don't have an area designated for takeout. There is one person who goes back and forth from the bar area, and the poor woman was just frazzled the two times I was there for takeout. Also, there is something different with my old favorite chicken and asparagus pasta. They are using dark meat in the pasta and it's just not as tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!NanbetsVIPDined on 1/18/2014Had the scallops with sweet pea risotto which was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't even know it was there.DrLydiaGrayDined on 1/9/2014Didn't even know it was there. A friend suggested it. We were meeting to shop. It was a very nice place to meet up. Great for one on one conversation. Will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchmdbuttercupVIPDined on 12/29/2013Menu is basically the same from when it was Nordstrom Cafe with a bump up in prices, plus portions are smaller. Soft drinks come in smaller glasses, as well. Our server was pleasant and efficient but we had to ask for refills on our drinks. I ordered a salad and had to ask for some bread. My friend ordered a sandwich and that was a very nice portion. Our bill was presented without even asking if we wanted coffee, dessert, etc. The restaurant was crowded and we felt a bit rushed in order to vacate the table.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2013My co-workers and I go here all the time. Although it can be a little loud and crowded the food and service make up for it. We even order out from here because the food is so good!Special Features:
- Great dinner before a show!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/7/2013Just went to see Hello Dolly and we had forgotten to make reservations to grab a bite. All of the restaurants in the area had an hour plus wait which we didn't have so I went on open table to look for the closest spot and Ruscello came up. I had one of their pizzas and it was delicious. Frank, our waiter was great! I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Delish!MejoDined on 11/22/2013I ate here on 11/22/13 with family - it was so delicious I can't even explain! We ordered the Batter-Fried Artichoke Hearts...OMG! So good!!! Our server, Jamie, was delightful and helpful - we had some elderly diners with us. Just go here for lunch or dinner - the food is the best!Special Features:
- Convenient place to meet forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013Convenient place to meet for lunch. My entrée was excellent--penne pasta with spinach and chicken. Service was friendly and appropriate.Special Features:
- partyguru1PartyguruDined on 10/24/2013Wonderful! Wait staff was fabulous. Our Birthday group has been dining at Nordstrom for years......we had a bad experience with the change over from the cafe....but we thought we would try again.....so glad we did ....everything was great this time! Thanks to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant had a largecrizDined on 10/10/2013The restaurant had a large menu of a variety of different items. My friend and I opted for salads for lunch. She had the Salad Nicoise with salmon and I had the chicken with strawberries. They were both delicious! The service was excellent; I did not have to ask for ice tea refills, it was done automatically. I, also, had a request for fresh mint for my ice tea and they did have it. One negative thing, it is very noisy in the restaurant and hard to have a conversation. I recommend going after lunch hour. This is definitely the place for lunch in the Oak Brook area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2013This is a great restaurant in Nordstroms in Oakbrook. So much nicer than the former space. The food was very good and they also have some nice glasses of wine. Food was fresh and delicious. I will be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls lunchTilyDined on 9/12/2013A friend and I met there .. asked for and got a booth in the back.. soooo much quieter!!! We both had the steak sliders with horseradish aioli...and homemade sea salt fries.... it was sooooo delicious!!!!!!!! The waitress was wonderful! I would definitely go again.. but only if we could once again sit back there.. otherwise it is way too noisySpecial Features:
- Why did they change this?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2013This restaurant recently underwent a remodel, changing it from a great place for shoppers to get a wonderful meal with little fuss to one that is nothing really special.