Rundle Lounge - Afternoon Tea - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
405 Spray Avenue
Banff, AB T1L1J4Neighborhood:
Afternoon TeaPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Rundle Lounge - Afternoon Tea - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/banff-springs/dining/
- Phone: 4037626860x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 1200pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: No reservations accepted
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: j.W. Foster
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rundle Lounge offers two distinct private dining areas. The Sir William Wallace Room is available for smaller parties. This cozy room offers great views, with the comfort of a fireplace. The Upper Rundle Lounge is available in the evenings. It has spectacular views and is suited for larger parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Pearce 8888426893
- Public Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff.
Fare is $2.00 per person.
The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m.
The closest bus stop is located directly out the front of the hotel on Spray Ave.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: The hotel"s parking is located beside the Convention Center. It is a three-level roofed parkade with 415 parking spaces:
Self-parking: $25 CAD/night, with unlimited access
Valet service: $35 CAD/night, with unlimited access
Electric Vehicles - complimentary
The Fairmont Banff Springs along with Sun Country Highway Ltd, a manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations has installed Banff's first electric vehicle charging station, in the hotel's parkade.
A word from Rundle Lounge - Afternoon Tea - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
The Rundle Lounge takes England"s most beloved ritual to new heights. With breathtaking views, Afternoon Tea at The Fairmont Banff Springs offers 12 of our finest loose leaf teas accompanied by delectable pastries and finger sandwiches for the time honored traditionalist. The Rundle Lounge climbs even higher with its exclusive Matcha Martini, shaken not steeped for the modern tea aficionado.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rundle Lounge - Afternoon Tea - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel - Best Restaurants in Banff ›
Rundle Lounge - Afternoon Tea - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (52)special occasion (46)romantic (24)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (11)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great service and outstanding viewDivineT42Dined on 10/11/2014What an amazing experience for my daughters birthday.She enjoyed every minute.The only disappointment was the gluten free choices were not very good. The cinnamon bun tasted like soap and a few of the baked gluten free goodies were dry but I didn't let that spoil the day. Amazing experience. Would definately come again but will go with the regular menu for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tea @ Banff SpringsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014a very special chance to enjoy a spectacular view room and be pampered by the staff. Every Fairmont hotel that has an Afternoon Tea Event is on our list of must-do's, coast to coast.Special Features:
- Loved itBirthdayDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I had never done High Tea before although it was something we have always wanted to do at the Hotel. It was my birthday on Saturday and was the perfect thing to do. The service was outstanding. It made me feel very special. The waitress was very knowledgable, friendly and made the High Tea a great experience. The manager came over to address my question if I could buy a teapot and was so gracious. The added touch of the champagne and plate of sweets with Happy Birthday written on it was very nice. I would definitely recommend it and will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Afternoon TeaDeliciousDinerDined on 10/4/2014My friends and I planned a special day to celebrate our friends engagement with this delightful tea. The scones were absolutely delightful, the towers were delicious, and the server was very accommodating for our vegetarian friend. Once service started, we felt like royalty and would definitely come back. The downside, we had to wait 20 minutes after being seated to see our server to order any tea or champagne, and I had specified in the reservation that this was a special event, and our table was not in line with the beautiful view that is offered during the tea, and when requested to move to an empty table by the window, we were told it was reserved, and after our two hour tea was over, we had not seen one person take that table.Special Features:
- Afternoon TeaTandTDined on 9/28/2014An excellent spot for afternoon tea for a special occasion. Great view of Tunnel Mountain & Bow River. The tea was very good, we had the orange pekoe, as were the sandwiches and pastries. The scones can't compare with a Devonshire Cream Tea but then double cream is hard to find in Canada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing afternoonRcG7VIPDined on 9/27/2014The high tea at the Banff Springs Hotel should be on your list of must do when in Banff. Beautiful food, scenery and service all combined for an extremely memorable aftrnoon. Highlight of our trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014I booked Afternoom Tea for my friends and family celebrating my sister-in-law's visit from the UK. We had two kids under 4 and they were accomodated seemlessly. It was a lovely experience with great views, sensitive ambiance and delicious food. The service can hardly be matched by any other location providing Afternoon Tea. I continue to make the Banff Springs my preferred choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- afternoon tea Banff Springs HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We had a wonderful experience having afternoon tea in the Rundle Lounge. Our server was efficient, very knowledgeable and attentive. The teas that we chose were excellent and the sandwiches had wonderful flavors. Most of the sweets were good however I found a few that were "over the top" sweet. We stayed for 2 hours and did not feel rushed. That made it so relaxing. I would love to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful TeaCeramicaDined on 9/9/2014Enjoyed the tea selections, scones, and clotted cream. Tea sandwiches were ok and desserts very rich. Lovely view.Special Features:
- Fabulous views with afternoon teaCazfoodieDined on 9/7/2014Tea begins with explanation of tea and then fruit to cleanse your palate. You start with sweet and savoury scone, butter, jam and cream. Then savoury sandwiches, egg mayonnaise, chicken, roasted vegetables, smoked salmon and tomatoe and mozzarella. They were served on different breads, croissant, ciabatta and some were open. The pastries were varied, macaroons vanilla and banana, mini key limes and tiny madeleines. The top of the cake stand was topped with chocolate topped brownies and tiny strawberry cheese cakes. All the food is served on china plates, with silver cutlery and silver antique tea pots, sugar basins. Interestingly the sugar lumps came with a spoon and not the customary tongs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect venue for b-day celebrationUFOgroupDined on 9/5/2014Every single morsel was scrumptious. Great service. Lovely server explained tea choices beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gastronomicalDined on 9/2/2014we arrived early but no problem, they accommodated us very quickly, it was my birthday, so yes, a special day for us, we drove in the rain from Calgary, but somehow, the rain stopped in Banff, nice!!! the food was excellent, service was great , nice young lady, friendly and talkative. I have shown my friends the menu and I am sure others will come to experience the adventure. Thank you. ps I have been there before with my bridge ladies for a wind-up.Special Features:
- Banff with CharacterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014The Banff Springs hotel is not to be missed when choosing a dining spot in Banff! Weather it is for a special occasion or a break from the business of life in the City of Calgary, the Banff Springs hotel is a gem waiting to be discovered!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We had high tea there with my 88 year old mother-in-law and our two daughters and it was just terrific for all of us, just a special afternoon, wonderful tea and athmosphere!Special Features:
- Fabulous teatravelcrazedDined on 8/27/2014We had a fabulous afternoon tea at the Fairmont Banff. Everything was perfect. Good food, service and an equally fabulous view. I highly recommend the Rundle room at this hotel for tea aficionados.Special Features:
- Gift for friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Recently I purchased a gift of afternoon tea for my friends. They thoroughly enjoyed the experience however at the end of the meal they were presented with the bill which I had asked not to have happen. The meal and reservation had been purchased online and paid in full prior to their seating. I was so disappointed when they texted me after a pleasant time to say there was confusion about the bill and should they pay. MOST embarrassing for them and myself. In future I would ask that these 'little' details be considered very important and every consideration be made to not have this happen again. We love the BSH afternoon tea and look forward to many more despite this hiccup. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rundle hall takes no reservationsSEScottDined on 8/23/2014I called ahead to confirm my 7 pm reservation only to be told they do not take reservations and have a issue with open table. Saturday night and no res. Not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rundle Afternoon TeaMichelinstarDined on 8/21/2014We booked in advance but were surprised to get a prime table at the window looking down the valley. This was indeed a prime position as other tables were further back. The service was exceptional and when asked about dietary requirements and I mentioned I was diabetic but not to take any trouble they insisted on preparing from scratch some sugar free fancies. I didn't want them to go to this trouble but they insisted and then apologized for the delay. We were treated really well and if that reflects the service of the hotel as a whole I would wholly recommend staying there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, good viewAmazingBanffLifeDined on 8/20/2014The Rundle Lounge Afternoon Tea was a fantastic idea to start my day. The tea selections are excellent and the food was amazing. Service was consumer friendly and when it comes down to displaying their product they were very professional. They knew their tea and food menu items. They asked about dietary restrictions to ensure safety. One of the best experiences I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Tea!LoveBanffDined on 8/17/2014We couldn't have been more delighted. The staff was excellent and very kid-friendly as we had our 8 year old and 9-month old daughters. The food was so delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Lovely experience, great service and wonderful view!Special Features:
- YokiDined on 8/9/2014Great spot with a spectacular mountain and lake view. Tea is really good and the food overall is good. It's worth to go.Special Features:
- Afternoon teaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My experience was excellent. We were placed by a window and able to have a gorgeous view. Our server have the perfect amount of attention:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularFoodieDined on 7/20/2014Absolutely fabulous! Loved every second of the experience and wish I could come more often. Perfect for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, delicious afternoon teaeager2eatDined on 7/15/2014With a delightful and knowledgeable server, delicious food prepared around dietary restrictions and a spectacular and unique view, a wonderful and special meal was thoroughly enjoyed by my mother, my husband and me. We would definitely do this again!Special Features:
- A must doplanemusicalDined on 7/15/2014Well, it's a must do when you're travelling with your Mother and you are both avid tea fanciers, you enjoy the finer things in life, wearing lovely dresses and you love a good tier of tiny finger foods. It is also a must do if you enjoy a view of breathtaking bucolic scenery whilst enjoying those tiny yummy amuse-bouches and sweet desserts. If you don't like any of that , then too bad. You won't like this place at all.Special Features:
- wow the viewpauloDined on 7/5/2014Good to experience the hotel and enjoy the view without having to pay to stay the night, its good to feel posh sometimes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingluv2eatDined on 7/4/2014Waited for this experience but left dissapointed with both food and service. Staff tried but overall not interested or displayed passion for their work. First impression was different with a red stain in centre of table cloth and a hole in the cloth at my place setting. One waiter noticed the stain after we had been served our starter and did offer to change but I thought was too late at this time as table was set to start. Was not served part of the starter course and cut sandwiches were dry on the outside with the beginning of curled edges. Once the staff filled the water glass it was an effort to have them back for a refill. Not at all what we expected the Fairmont to be like.Special Features:
- Relaxing PerfectionwheatieclerDined on 6/29/2014We've been at many great places for high tea - this ranks with the best. A perfectly prepared tea with delectable scones, a wonderful variety of sandwiches, perfect dessert bites and chocolate petits fours to melt in the mouth. And the view was wonderful. We enjoyed our time very, very much. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Girls weekendlovinglifeDined on 6/28/2014Our afternoon tea was exceptional. The staff were both knowledgeable and attentive, the food fresh and delicious and the setting is spectacular. We had a wonderful afternoon and would definitely recommend afternoon tea to anyone wanting a treat. The experience exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful & RomanticYegFoodieDined on 6/22/2014The service was phenomenal. Staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. The view was breathtaking and incomparable! The food and tea were well-done and the variety was favorable. Our favorite menu items were the lavender flavoured scones. I will definitely recommend and return to this fine establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Rundle Lounge - Afternoon Tea - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent service they were able to accommodate a last minute guestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon Tea in BanffMagsDined on 6/18/2014The Rundle Lounge is a spectacular location for afternoon tea and the Banff Springs serves up a lovely selection of goodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely afternoonDeeSDined on 6/14/2014The tea, cakes, view & ambience were excellent. This would be a restful way to enjoy the mountains on a rainy afternoon. Our server was pleasant and knowledgable about the teas. She moved too quickly through the explanation of each tea as we hadn't finished passing one canister around our table to smell & inspect when she was already talking about the next. She was accommodating when one member of our party wanted to try her tea both hot and iced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- afternoon tealaurak87Dined on 6/8/2014The service was exceptional, and the food was delicious. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014This was my fourth time going to the Banff Springs for afternoon tea. Although it was still lovely, the quality of food has definitely gone down which is a shame given the price ($41+tax pp). The ambience is always amazing though! I just hope the Banff Springs isn't relying on ambience alone to bring customers back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeoffDined on 5/24/2014The best view in town! We loved our afternoon tea at Banff Springs. Staff were very accommodating to my allergy and provided an even better substitute!Special Features:
- Afternoon TeatroispedsDined on 5/23/2014Always a great experience sitting along the windows enjoying the great view. Excellent selection of teas. tasty sandwiches and treats. Staff was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- too munch serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014the staff was a bit too anxious to pick up dishes. We were not finished and our dishes were being taken away (my daughter's tea disappeared and she was still drinking it)Special Features:
- Always amazingtealoverDined on 5/18/2014Have been several times for high tea. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.