Runa Japanese Restaurant
2257 W North Ave
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Runa Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://runachicago.com/
- Phone: (773) 278-8887
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Runa Japanese Restaurant
Runa, the Japanese word for “platinum moon,” offers the unique blend of Dim Sum and Sushi on our menu. We have an extensive Sushi menu 25 individual sushi and sashimi pieces, 30 varieties of rolls or maki and 17 chef specialty rolls. Come grab a seat at our sleek sushi bar or dig into your sushi platter in our spacious dining room. We are located conveniently in Chicago’s Wicker Park on the southeast corner of Oakley and North Ave. Our dining room seats 40 to 50 people so there’s plenty of room for your party. In addition to our dine-in services, we also offer delivery and pick up options. Call us today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Runa Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Very decent place with BYOBAndriyDDined on 11/8/2014Pros: -good menu selection -fast service -some original menu items -creative wall art painting -BYOB Cons: -nothing is spectacular, just goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushisushiisdelicious1234Dined on 11/6/2014Great sushi. Great ambiance. BYOB is an added plus. Well done RUna, well done. adfadfadadfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Runa JapeneseBeeRodDined on 9/19/2014Cute little sushi spot. The food was great, the service good. It's a little cramped but its a small space anyway. BYOB, moderate prices, the oyster special was perfect. Best part, free street parking on the block!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Runa Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good sushi, but bad experienceVladVIPDined on 4/11/2014As other reviewers have written, the sushi (and food in general) is great. However, we were extremely disappointed in the service. We had to wait for a very long time for our food, and our waitress did not check on us at all either during the wait or after we got our food. We were also seated next to an extremely loud table, which ruined whatever was left of the mood.
- Great food with amazing serviceChicagoTomDined on 3/7/2014This was our 1st visit to this sushi restaurant in wicker park. The food was awesome, the service was amazingly quick, and it's BYOB. Our experience was fantastic, and we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Creative Twist on SushiDHRbVIPDined on 1/9/2014We enjoy sushi about once a week and have dined at most of the best sushi restaurants in Chicago. Runa is such a pleasant surprise. Unlike some places, their specialties really are special. Try the super white tuna appetizer with the smokey ponzin sauce. The black pearl maki is also wonderful. A number of their dishes are spindled with a generous helping of black tobiko - which adds flavor and texture. We liked that they add just the right amount of "seasoning" to their dishes and don't let the seasoning overpower the fish. Our server really knew the dishes (better than most) and can offer some great suggestions based on one's taste. Go, just go, but be sure to BYO as they don't yet have a liquor license.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.