1112 Woodland Street
Nashville, TN 37206Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rumourseast.com/
- Phone: 6152625346x
- Hours of Operation:
HAPPY HOUR: Daily 5pm - 6:30pm
DINNER: Tuesday thru Thursday 5pm - 10pm; BAR: 11pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm - 11pm; BAR: 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Hayes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Every Thursday is cigar night. We offer a selection of cigars provided by local tobacconist Smoker's Abbey paired with spirits and cocktails.
6pm - 11pm
A word from Rumours East
Rumours East is a full-service restaurant and bar under the guise of a cozy 1900’s Victorian house located in the Historic East End Neighborhood of East Nashville. Just a minute walk from Five Points, we are consistently recognized as the best outdoor dinning experience and patio in Nashville. Since opening we have evolved into a pre-prohibition style craft cocktail bar serving seasonal chef inspired cuisine. We are popular venue for events and large dining parties, our unique backyard and pergola-covered patio has allowed us to become known around the neighborhood as a community-centric gathering spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rumours East - Best Restaurants in East Nashville ›
Rumours East reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (35)romantic (32)notable wine list (27)special occasion (25)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Restaurant, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014I will start off by saying that I would definitely go to here again. I was really surprised by the location, which seemed to be a converted house in a neighborhood. We promptly got an outdoor table, which I recommend, the ambiance and outdoor dining locations were fantastic, all located in the houses backyard, which was lit up and very cool looking. The waiter took our drink order then never brought us our appetizer, and drinks took waaay to long. The place wasn't even that busy. We would have had probably another 2-3 drinks each had he been attentive, instead we sat waiting for the check for almost 20 minutes and left after dinner. At least he forgot to put the appetizer on the bill as well.Special Features:
- OkayBlynnMDined on 10/17/2014The food was good, the service was fine, nothing was excellent or worth what it cost. There are much better restaurants in Nashville if you plan on spending this much money.
- OverTheHillBillDined on 10/10/2014As a group of six - three generations celebrating a 75th birthday - we enjoyed our first time dining experience at Rumours East and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHlivDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful time! It was great food and wine! The desert was amazing as well! Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAbsolutelyDined on 10/4/2014Awesome everything! The pumpkin risotto was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyableBigDaddyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Got to try the first night of the fall menu last Friday. The pork chop was perfectly done. Cocktails wine list and bartender amazing. Excellent service. Lovely outdoor seating. This place is consistent but last visit was over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Setting is StellarTnwlknghrsDined on 9/12/2014In the fun and funky East nashville neighborhood, we were delighted to find Rumors East. The food was excellent-my pork chop was a little tough-hence the 4 stars. I try to give an accurate rating. Loved all the other dishes. Sophisticated but not pretentious. The best was the outdoor setting. They have quite a few tables in their backyard which is nicely landscaped. We will be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceTasteofheavenDined on 9/10/2014The patio was nice for romantic open air dining. Didn't try the entrees, but the apps and deserts were had were great. The server was attentive and friendly. Overall it was a nice experience and I would recommend Rumours East as a romantic or casual destination.Special Features:
- Sit outsideAndyDined on 9/9/2014Amazing food, great wine list, and the outside area is absolutely beautiful. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date night option.Scarlet77Dined on 8/31/2014We've eaten at Rumours East twice. The first time was a much better experience. The second time, service was terribly slow. Got a refill on water when we got the check. Food was not hot, just warm. We really enjoy the outdoor eating option and the ambiance. The downside of the interior is that it's a tight fit and not well air conditioned. But overall, a romantic outdoor setting is great for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emptynestemptynestDined on 8/31/2014Pasta special was really good. Steak was not as good as last time which was disappointing because it was excellent last time. Half off bottles of wine on sunday night is also huge plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but very priceyTammylynn2341Dined on 8/23/2014For two of us it was 140$ for an appetizer, two entrees, and two drinks each. Food was pretty good, but I don't think if go back there for anything other than a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Best Brunch in NashvillePickyPollyDined on 8/17/2014Sunday brunch is amazing. The best shrimp and grits on the planet. Creative mixology partners perfectly with the delicious foods. A must whenever you visit Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyTXNinTNDined on 8/15/2014Pricey without being particularly unique. Not enough bread, and the toast points were burned black. Just not enough imaginative flair....I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceindyguyDined on 8/10/2014While I was pleased with the food quality. The service was slow. The restaurant was not crowded at all. Yet we waited a long time for our orders to be taken and then again to receive our appetizers and main course. The waiting turned what could have been a 45 minute event to a 1.5h event. Which is too bad because the food was tasty and imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedVegasClarksDined on 8/9/2014In a neighborhood with such great restaurants, Rumours East needs to learn from their competitors. With main dishes in the $20-30 range you would expect a decent serving on your plate (not the case here). Let's just say after an app and a main for myself and my date I would have been better off going to Wendy's, where I get more food and save myself $50 on dinner. After eating at Rumours East I felt I had been taken advantage of. Go to Marche, 5 Points Pizza or Margot Cafe instead when dinning in this neighborhood.
- Wonderful ExperienceLuvfood1Dined on 7/30/2014The food and service was just amazing! The best lamb chops ever! Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousGManDined on 7/24/2014Had a first date at Rumours East and it was the perfect place to meet. First, we were seated in back outdoor patio area which is very well done. Wait staff was on the ball yet very patient as we took our time. Staff kept up yet was not a distraction. Food was perfect and the bartender 's drink special was awesome. Win for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but menu not so muchMissBDined on 7/22/2014Service was great and bartender made excellent cocktails but... The food here used to be great as well but not so much anymore. Not sure what has changed but change it back- please!Special Features:
- The service is always so slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014I have been a customer for years and the food is fantastic but the service is slow .As in like waiting 15 minutes each time we ordered a cocktail or a glass of wine .This is just unacceptable to be paying those prices as we have many other choices in town now that can supply the service .I am not sure why Rumours just seems to have slow service almost all the time .Let me give you an example we ordered a glass of wine and received this after we had finished the entree's as in 15 minutes to wait .
- Great dinner in NashvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014Wonderful place for out if town visitors to enjoy a nice meal in Nashville. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 189 reviews are from the Rumours East reviews archive.
- Worth every pennyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Exceptional service and beautifully prepared food. The perfect end to a very special day. Thank you to the whole team, especially Sara our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxed environmentTg0213Dined on 6/15/2014I had dinner on the back patio. It was a nice relaxed environment. The server was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014The food and service was excellent! This was the second time we have eaten at Rumors East. We will be back to eat again!Special Features:
- bad service, but good food!jessDined on 6/14/2014the appetizers were the best! next time, I'll for sure stick with a variety of small plates instead of spending lots of money on ok mains. Then there's also more money for wine! The wine was excellent, the outside ambiance beautiful. Slow, inattentive service (but the last time I was there the server was amazing, so it's not the culture of the place, just who we had).I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful outdoor seatingEaters37205Dined on 6/13/2014We had a great dinner (duck croquets and lamb chops) and superb service in a lovely outdoor setting. Nice wine list too. I have nothing but good stuff to say about Rumours East -- We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceeweezyDined on 6/13/2014This was my second time at Rumours East, and it did not disappoint. We had wonderful service and enjoyed a lovely meal outside on the patio. We ordered the duck croquettes and it was filling but not too heavy, and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodBuoy56Dined on 6/7/2014It was a dark and stormy night in East Nashville. Our table was darker and small, next to the bar. Numerous intrusions to pour our wine (reaching across the table and disrupting eye contact with my dining mate) were unnecessary and distracting. Our water was room temp (we had to ask for ice). The mussels were rubbery and dry. We were sold extra toast points for a $1...classy. The steak was marginal for the price and I was assured that the halibut was nice. Men's room was determined to be out of order after numerous attempts to visit. A sign would have been nice. We were looking forward to perhaps adding Rumours East to our list of favs. I wanted to like this place...it wouldn't let me.Special Features:
- Great spot in the neighborhoodWolfgangVIPDined on 5/25/2014Right next to the busy 5points corner is this great backyard with a great menu and good service, I would go back and just eat a few of the shrimps on tomatoes and feta cheese. Great place for an evening getawaySpecial Features:
- Good-ish food, lousy serviceBkgrprepDined on 5/13/2014My book group met at Rumours East for dinner and discussion of the book. They had a lovely table in the back garden for us, and they didn't demur about our asking for separate checks. The wine was good. The food was good, though the bread we asked for after waiting for 45 minutes for our food, was definitely below par: tasteless mostly. The most irritating thing was the extremely long wait we had for our food. It was with some difficulty tht I was able to persuade the group to remain rather than to leave before it got there. The restaurant didn't seem that full or overly busy, but the service was really awful.Special Features:
- Such a lovely patio!BRnativeDined on 5/11/2014Came here with my parents who were visiting from out of town. Delicious dinner, super knowledgeable waitress and great ambiance. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Etch but very good!TiggyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Fun and funky old home with a great outdoor dining area in East Nashville. Food very well prepared and interesting. Loved the fritter appetizer and duck entree. Our only complaint was the surly waiter. It felt like we were doing him a favor. Too bad because our guest were from out of town and got a terrible impression of our city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucolicNewschewDined on 5/8/2014Rumours East has a one of a kind menu. The food is interesting and tasty. I asked the waiter for a recommendation for wine to pair with my duck confit and he chose superbly; a nice Spanish red blend. Also, the make the best gin martini in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly FancyjessleerichDined on 4/26/2014Made the last-minute decision to snag reservations here for girls night with my best friend. Neither of us had been, and were looking for drinks and some light food, & a change from some of our usual spots. We split the mussels, charcuterie plate, and olive bread & fig jam. It was the perfect spread and we hardly spoke as it was all so tasty! Our waitress was so kind and perfectly friendly. If I hadn't so enjoyed the grapefruit-tequila cocktail & glass of Sauvignon Blanc, I might be able to recall her name, but I feel confident in saying the rest of the wait staff exuded the same friendliness. It was a perfect night out splurge (for two poor college grads) but without the intimidation factor! (OH & dessert was to die for!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Easter BrunchTaraDined on 4/20/2014The weather was beautiful and the back patio and garden was lovely for a perfect Easter brunch. I wish I could remember the name of my breakfast sandwich - it was a homemade bologna that was a little "boy food" (heavy and slightly salty) but really delicious. We just don't come here enough.Special Features:
- DeliciousmborodinerDined on 4/19/2014Food was delicious and well presented. Our table had 5 different entrees and all were delicious. Charcuterie appetized was okay, but did not contain anything special. The appetizer with the l'oeuf.... title (egg) was absolutely fabulous. Our favorite of the night. Could eat that over and over again. The service was friendly without being intrusive. Since Rumours East is set in East N'ville in an old house, it is a lovely place to take visitors (which we had in tow). Our Sonoma chums were greatly impressed with the food and the setting. It's pricey, so we can't go weekly, but i would if I could.Special Features:
- Lamb was raw; wine came lateOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2014Sat us next to a door with servers going in and out the entire time, even though not crowded. My sides were totally bland. Felt like a new restaurant trying to work out kinks. Loved the wine list!!
- Great dining on the back patio!!JohnDined on 4/12/2014Really great place to grab a bottle of wine and take in a long dinner on the back patio and yard. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not donesassyDined on 4/11/2014Waited a very long time for our hummus appetizer and then again a long wait for entrees. The fish and duck weren't cooked through. The veggies were still raw on all the entrees.Special Features:
- A wine bar with a sad wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/11/2014Very little to choose from in the moderately priced range that was drinkable. It was just disappointing on the wine front for any restaurant but a wine bar in particular. Full disclosure that I am from California and I have expectations as I am used to drinking high quality wine in restaurants for reasonable prices. The food was a mixed bag of good to not so good but nothing great. With The TreeHouse and Margot's in the neighborhood, I'd think they would feel some pressure to improve.Special Features: