4431 N. Milwaukee
Chicago, IL 60630Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ruksushi.com/
- Phone: 7732861900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:30PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from RUK
Welcome to RUK! New Sushi and Thai in the Portage Park and Jefferson Park area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RUK reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cute local spotFabLisDined on 4/4/2014The location is small, good for date night. Enjoyed the sushi rolls. Some interesting combinations. Service was friendly and prompt. Portions and pricing was as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2013Food was great. I'm assuming someone didn't show up to work because there was only 1 server on the floor and it took long. In fact, after we got our food, the server never had a chance to check up on us again because of how busy it was and we both needed refills. I know that it's a small venue but I really don't enjoy sitting literally 2 feet next to other people eating and being able to hear each others conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent thai food. Did notPGKFDined on 5/17/2013Excellent thai food. Did not have the sushi, but it looked good too. We brought our own drinks and the waitress provided a bucket with ice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Sushie/Tai restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2013Very nice Sushie/Tai restaurant. BYOB no bar. I had Sushie and others had Tai. Food good, not outstanding. Service great. Not busy at all on Saturday evening, quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a sushi snob and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013I am a sushi snob and was super thrilled with the quality and craftsmanship in all the pieces and special makis we ordered. A great find and we will definitley go back.Special Features:
- The food was amazing - asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2013The food was amazing - as usual. We had some issues with service though. Nobody came to see if we were ready to order. We had to flag down a waitress ourselves. This seemed a little ridiculous because the place is not very big. When the waitress did come, she was very pleasant and accommodating. When we got our miso soup, it was cold. The waitress took it back. When she returned the soup, it wasn't piping hot, but at least it was warm. I've been here before, and the service was outstanding, so perhaps they were just having an off night. The food, however, is always amazingly delicious. FYI, this place is BYOB.Special Features:
- We all enjoyed our meals andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013We all enjoyed our meals and the service is always good.Special Features:
- A very affordable Asian fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/19/2013A very affordable Asian fusion restaurant. It's rare to find a place with both decent sushi and Thai food, but this place has it. The soups were also very good. Service was a bit slow to take our order and then food was brought out all at once, crowding the table. BYOB
- Best tempura of my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2012Amazing food, complete with an extensive list of Japanese and Thai food. I tried their tempura dinner entree. In all sincerity, the BEST tempura I have ever had.... Anywhere in my life! Crispy yet tasty with a lovely orange color. I will gladly be coming back with open arms and a hungry belly.Special Features:
- VERY slow serice and onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012VERY slow serice and only three or four tables occupied. The waitress came by *maybe* twice in two hours...I had to go up to the sushi counter and order myself and it still took much too long for the food to come out. All in all the food was okay, not the best but not the worst, but I was so turned off by the serive that I will not return.
- YUM. Love the Spicy BasilBethNWSideDined on 10/17/2012YUM. Love the Spicy Basil Fried Rice and apparently the sushi is good too (I'm not a fan, but my friend RAVE about the price vs. yumminess factor.) Not a ton of restaurants within walking distance and SO thrilled that this is. Both dine-in and takeout are great options. And BYOB with no corkage! My neighborhood fave.Special Features:
- Sushi was fresh, interesting,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2012Sushi was fresh, interesting, and tasty; service was friendly and personable. It's a small place but nicely laid out -- tables aren't jammed up against each other. Great adddition to the neighborhood!Special Features:
- The food was amazing and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012The food was amazing and the prices were great. The sushi rolls were a little skinny compared to other sushi places, but the Thai food here is amazing and the serving sizes of it were very generous. Will be fermenting this spot. My girlfriend and I had early dinner with a friend here and we will all be returning. Great service too.Special Features:
- Great to see a new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2012Great to see a new restaurant in the neighborhood. Restaurant is small and service was very slow, but the food was good. We made a reservation on opentable.com, but no one ever asked if we had a reservation--we were just seated. Hope they succeed!
- Best sushi on the NorthwestOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/21/2012Best sushi on the Northwest Side. Good offerings for the non-sushi eaters as wellSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the food very muchjasonfish13jtgDined on 4/2/2012Enjoyed the food very much but the service was severely lacking. Maybe take-out is the way to go?Special Features:
- This is a nice addition toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2012This is a nice addition to the neighborhood. It seemed to be quite popular already, the food was good and moderately priced-I will definitely return!Special Features:
- Thai menu and Sushi menu areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012Thai menu and Sushi menu are excellent. I took my twenty year old niece, who is a picky eater, I ordered for her and she loved everything. We took leftovers home and had them for lunch the next day (just as tasty). Make room for the Banana Rolls for dessert. They are delicious. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Ruk was moderately busy onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2012Ruk was moderately busy on a random Wednesday night. Waitresses were pleasant and mostly efficient, but forgot our hot tea until we requested it again after ordering. We didn't byob, but they were helpful with others who had. Sushi was respectable, spring rolls were some of the best I've had. Miso soup was full of tofu as well. We'll definitely be returning and/or ordering delivery again.Special Features: