Ruinas Del Mar
J.E. Irausquin Blvd #85
Palm Beach, Aruba 99553Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Ruinas Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aruba.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 5234243
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, International
- Executive Chef: Vincent Pellegrini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: Criselda Pinto 2975861234
A word from Ruinas Del Mar
Ruinas del Mar, “Ruins by the Sea”, is Hyatt Regency Aruba’s signature restaurant offering contemporary cuisine in an open-air environment. Guests are invited to enjoy menu items such as fresh seafood and steaks, hearth oven specialties, and a display of multiple food stations offered during breakfast, Sunday brunch, and special events. The design of Ruinas del Mar pays homage to several original Aruban architectural elements including caliche stone and the use of water in design.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruinas Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Aruba ›
Ruinas Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (10)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (7)scenic view (7)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Memorable NightBigMacDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I hadn't eaten at Ruinas Del Mar for nearly ten year and we were pleased we gave it another try. We made a last minute reservation on OpenTable.com and upon arriving we were greeted and seated immediately. The service staff was simply exceptional, the restraint setting is simply beautiful, and the food was great. We will definitely return on our next trip. Regarding the reservation, this may be the slow season so do not wait to the last minute if you are coming during the busy holidays; Presidents Week, Christmas / New Years, Easter, Etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AsierADined on 8/31/2014We tend to go to this place often because it has always been an excellent choice for brunch. It has stood for oysters, caviar, shrimps and lobster in large quantities and however this time we found it very changed. They no longer offer the trays of caviar or had oysters. The food was good but not outstanding. We hope that on our next visit to improveSpecial Features:
- Not as good as usuallyFefi12Dined on 8/31/2014We tend to go to this place often because it has always been an excellent choice for brunch. It has stood for oysters, caviar, shrimps and lobster in large quantities and however this time we found it very changed. They no longer offer the trays of caviar or had oysters. The food was good but not outstanding. We hope that on our next visit to improveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchstrassieDined on 8/24/2014Brunch was very good, no comments, just the music a little too loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still one of the best in ArubaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014The filet mignon is the best in Aruba! Sit outdoors. It's beautiful!Special Features:
- HotelesqueOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2014Marketing ads and menu drew me here, but a 7:00pm Friday reservation was obviously not needed as restaurant was pretty empty (other than the few outdoor seats). My wife was luckier of the two of us, as her appetizer and red snapper were good to very good, but my crab/lobster cakes were more breadcrumbs than seafood, and my entree of baby grouper was well overcooked and vegetables diced into almost one inch cubes. Al dente was given a new definition. Wines were priced high, but found that true throughout the island. Best thing was that we were able to walk here from our hotel. Would not return, nor recommend other than for convenience.
- The BEST on the IslandJennVIPDined on 7/3/2014by far, this is the BEST restaurant on the island. The food is ALWAYS fabulous, the atmosphere is totally awesome and the service is great! Who doesn't like light-up menus when you're eating outside in a dimly lit space? If you have not been there, it is a MUST while you're on the island. I usually go twice while I'm on vacation.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceBubyDined on 6/27/2014We ate outside by the pond with black swans. Beautiful place. Service was perfect. I tried the Grouper and it was very good. Prices are relatively high.Special Features:
- Ruina's RulesNotOKVIPDined on 6/12/2014Outstanding as always, Ruina's continues to be our favorite restaurant in Aruba. The food, service and ambiance are second to none. We come to Aruba each year and Ruina's never disappoints and each time we all agree it's the best food we have while here.Special Features:
- GOOD FOODJORGEDined on 6/8/2014I WENT WITH MI WIFE AND WE HAVE A GOOD DAY IN THE SUNDAY BRUNCH, GOOD FOOD CHOICE, GOOD AMBIENCE, GOOD SERVICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in the IslandFrankVDined on 6/5/2014Have dined here at least 7 times over the past few years. Food is consistently good, servers always attentive. But the outdoor dining atmosphere is what makes the night a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Ruinas Del Mar reviews archive.
- Delicious food and atmosphereEllen1234Dined on 5/17/2014Highly recommend went with husband and has excellent service food and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Aruba 23Bandit12SmokeyDined on 5/15/2014Myself and my wife were looking to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary somewhere special and romantic. We found it. We had excellent service with a excellent meal. We will definitely be back on our next trip. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayNoiseterrible0Dined on 5/11/2014We have been coming to your brunch for 10 years! We own at marriott ocean club and absolutely love your hotel! The food is always fresh and delicious and your service is spectacular. We brought two other couples this year who absolutely loved it! Thank you for the great experience year after year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014I ate the brunch here 2 years ago & found the food was very good & the selection was excellent. After my last visit in May of 2014, I found that the selection & quality of food was not what I had remembered it to be. The price had gone up to $51.00, which I thought was way too high. I probably will not return in the future.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchAnnieVIPDined on 4/20/2014Brunch offerings were very nice. Oysters, mussels, caviar, cheese, salad, meats, also breakfast items, desserts for all. Champagne and mimosa poured. Service was very attentive. Food very good. Enjoyable for whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent!NYQualityDined on 4/20/2014We felt so welcome when we went with our two teens for Sunday brunch. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was so serene and lovely. The service was terrific and so very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experienceMmlc87Dined on 4/20/2014I've been going to the hyatts sunday brunch for many years, it has always been a very pleasant experience, the waiters are very happy and friendly people, good music, and very good food variety. All in all I still find it to be the best spot for a brunch with groups or for family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected moreMikeDined on 4/3/2014We went for the ambiance, and that made it worth it. But both our entreés were so bland/unpleasant tasting that it nearly ruined the experience. We had the pumpkin pasta and the prawn pasta. Also the harshly bright light coming from the lanterns on the tables nearly ruined the ambiance. It seemed so odd to have nice warm light coming from the torches, and then harsh, industrial lighting too. We finally hid our lantern under the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening, wonderful serviceWinerDinerVIPDined on 3/25/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Ruinas Del Mar. You certainly can't beat the setting within the gardens of the Hyatt Resort. The food was very good. Our party enjoyed everything from soup and salad through dessert. Stand outs were the beef tenderloin entree and strawberry shortcake dessert. Loved the menus that lit up when opened, since we dined outdoors, at night. Our servers were wonderful - very pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hyatt is a famous on PalmFundMasterDined on 2/25/2014The Hyatt is a famous on Palm Beach for its black swans that swim beside you while you dine. They were imported to Aruba for Australia. The food is superb we had the Classic Duo with filet and lobster combo, mashed potatoes and carrots absolutely excellent. Service is impeccable as always, we have been going there now for 15 years annually. If you really want a romantic environment, that's the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as it used to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2014We have dined at Ruins Del Mar several times over the past 15 years and this visit the food was not up to par. We have already dined at several local restaurants and this is at the bottom of our list so far. The food was very oily and over cooked. Need some attention to the menu!!Special Features:
- sunday fun timebruncherDined on 2/2/2014every year (or so it seems) we go to ARUBA and meet up with friends we have been seeing for years. everyone has their favorite restaurants for dinner. BUT, when our group wants a lazy Sunday with good food, drinks and friends--we always have at least one Sunday Brunch at Ruinas Del Mar. some of us go every Sunday--a nice day out of the sun. the staff is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/24/2014From the waterfront setting to the varied menu, everything was wonderful!! Courses came out timely, wine was poured as needed, the whole experience was so incredible we decided to dine here a second time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant in Aruba!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/18/2014Beautiful restaurant in Aruba! Eat outside on the patio surrounded by waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in Aruba and theRossellaDined on 12/29/2013Best Brunch in Aruba and the staff is super friendly. A must try!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice romantic brunchRomanticGuyDined on 12/8/2013Was beautiful , everything was great but a little to pricey for what they offered. Maybe because it's part of the hotel. other than that everything was great!Special Features:
- The food was excellant, butBillDined on 12/5/2013The food was excellant, but the experience was tarnished by two other issues. Our server was pompous, acting as if he was doing us a favor by serving us. The other issue is length and process we were put through to buy a gift cert. We had to go to the hotel clerk and he didn't know how to do it and called a manager. After about 15 minutes including the need to show my ID the manager asked if I wanted to cancel it. If I wasn't doing it for a friend I certainly would have. I got certs. at Aqua Grill and Azzurro that took only a couple of minutes and no ID requirement. Over the years we have dined often at the Ruinas, but based on our last two occasions this will be the last.
- Have had brunch here manyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2013Have had brunch here many times in the past and loved it! Did not come last year so found lots of changes! I was disappointed the prices have gone up and the choices have gone down! I still enjoyed it, but miss the way it used to be, had thought of going again this Sunday, but not sure now? Isabel SoltarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb diningbigdaddy1719VIPDined on 11/15/2013As always the food here was delicious. The service was superior. That's why I keep going back.Special Features:
- Going backAruba1234Dined on 11/15/2013Going back next year and will not miss going to Ruinas Del Mar for dinner. Just Perfect!~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Diningbigdaddy1719VIPDined on 11/12/2013Ruinas Del Mar is a great dining experience. The food is wonderful. The service is superior. The chef will accommodate anyone wanting any special creation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Location Mediocre ServiceAbbyDined on 10/19/2013The restaurant is beautiful, outdoor seating has a great view and with water surrounding the seating area, swans, fish, and turtles can be seen from each table. Very little lighting outside, but menus are back-lit for easy nighttime viewing. Waitstaff was not bad, but was slow and waiter stood impatiently only a few feet from the table after our bill was presented. Menu was good, with many selections and some daily specials. Wine list was good also, and priced reasonably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ArubaFrequentvisitorDined on 10/9/2013The food was excellent. I had white clam bisque for an appetizer, my husband had Scallop appetizer that were absolutely HUGE. I had a fettucine, shrimp entree with local sauteed tomatoes and asparagus....yum. Husband had a filet with lobster pairing and it was so tender I could not belive it was beef. Be prepared as it is VERY priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HyattBob52Dined on 10/1/2013I have been to this restaurant before and always make it a top choice for a quiet dinner whenever I visit. It is one of the best in Aruba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCapecoddahDined on 9/29/2013Very impressive food selection. From the usual breakfast offerings to sushi and pizza. The bottomless mimosas never had a chance to run out-waitstaff constantly refreshed them. A little pricey, but you certainly get your money's worth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointment!NomadsDined on 8/18/2013After reading several positive reviews, I was excited about going for Sunday brunch. DISAPPOINTMENT! The food was mediocre at best; the beef tenderloin was mealy and had very little flavor, and the "fresh" seafood tasted a couple days old. The atmosphere was incredibly noisy and frenzied. There was no dress code; we ate brunch right across from a man wearing a Speedo and his soaking wet daughter wearing her bathing suit and towel. Not exactly what I would expect for $51 per person. The upside: they do offer bottomless champagne and mimosas (if you are able to grab a server's attention). Sadly, we will not return.Special Features:
- sunday brunchILoveArubaDined on 7/14/2013the service was poor at best. restaurant wasn't crowded. food was good. no pasta station. kind of pricey $52 pp, kids half up to age 12.Special Features:
- The restaurant has a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/10/2013The restaurant has a nice wine selection to accommodate most preferences. The food was very well prepared. I had the swordfish special which was very tasty. Their apple pie dessert with caramel sauce is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Excellent!!Happy40Dined on 7/7/2013We had a great time at the Sunday Brunch, service was incredible, we were there for 4 hours!!! I gave the food a 4, because we didn't like the ceviche, but it was the only dish we didn`t like of the I think 8, at least, that we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.