18811 Highland Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70809Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruffinosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (225) 753-3458
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Sclafani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruffino's offers three fabulous rooms for your party or event:
The Vino Room; The Ruffino Room; The Chianti Room.
We specialize in company meetings, rehearsal dinners, pharmaceutical presentations, award ceremonies, birthday, anniversary or retirement celebrations & we can accommodate almost every event.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Manager 2257533458x
- Special Events: Ruffino's offers three fabulous rooms for your party or event: The Vino Room; The Ruffino Room; The Chianti Room. Our rooms can accommodate 20-125 guests. Contact Howard Walker at 225-916-6400 or email email@example.com
We specialize in company meetings, rehearsal dinners, pharmaceutical presentations, award ceremonies, birthday, anniversary or retirement celebrations, and we can accommodate almost every event.
A word from Ruffino's
What do you get when you combine the talents of a former LSU lineman and a New Orleans-born Italian chef? The energy, passion & creativity that has produced the area’s only Italian-Creole fusion restaurant, raising the bar for Baton Rouge dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruffino's - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Ruffino's reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)good for groups (35)romantic (34)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (13)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerCowboyDined on 11/18/2014Blackened Prime Rib was excellent. Chicken Alfredo was very bland. Veal Palermo was very good. Filet was excellent Very noisy for a Tuesday night. Service was ok. Glasses were empty more than full. Normally Ruffinos is a very good place for a birthday meal or any special occasion, but this time I was kinda disappointed. In the service and noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Food and service was amazing!! They were personable and service was great. I will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappy customerpdaliagaDined on 11/16/2014the food was way below average. The service was not good....prices were too high for that type of place. We will never come back there.....I do not know how they still on business.
- DougDined on 11/11/2014Always great food and fun. Great atmosphere. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary was very CompletepjpolkDined on 11/11/2014The dinning experience was excellent, along with the service. My wife and I are returning customers and have had problems in the past with proper trained waiters. This was not the case Nov. 11th, thank you for the evening it was very enjoyable. Dinning Room a little noisySpecial Features:
- FINE DINING, GREAT FOODLarryDined on 11/11/2014Ruffino's has been around for quite sometime, but I had never been. Boy, was I glad we gave it a try! The food was fantastic, and although it was PACKED (on a Tuesday!), the service was great. I had the Lobster Mac and Cheese as an appetizer, and the Soft Shell Crab an an entree. Delicious! My wife, had the lasagna, which was also terrific. We will definitely be dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurphyDined on 11/9/2014Service was lacking.the servers forgot we were there.had to remind them that we were there to eat. Thought for the prices charged that service would have been better. Had to send one steak back as it was very under cooked from what was requested at Order placement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell short of expectationswesleykDined on 11/9/2014The food was good, but fell short of the hype. Overpriced for the quality.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Everything was amazing. Delicious food awesome service great ambiance perfect for a girls night or romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014My wife and I visited for the first time there. We ordered a salad and she specifically said she didn't want cheese on it. Well, she got cheese on it. (strike 1). Then for dinner she ordered some vegetables and didn't want cheese on those either. Well she got it again. (strike 2). We asked the server on the price of a certain steak and he 'guessed' at the price. Well, when we got the bill- his 'guess' was WAY off. The price was MUCH more! Had we known that - we may have ordered something else. I ordered the lasagna and I honestly have had better at less pricey restaurants.We also received the bill and it was really overpriced for what we thought was small meal.Special Features:
- Forgot BirthdayDisappointedBdayDined on 10/26/2014Dinner was great, but not as good as Lafayette. I told the hostess to tell the server it was my fiance's birthday we were celebrating, but it was not recognized. Disappointed that we did not get the service we got in Lafayette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Ruffino'sJosieDined on 10/19/2014Went for brunch with my husband. Service was excellent. Food was very good. Other than the loud people sitting behind me who kept encouraging their 2 year old kid to misbehave, squeal loudly & run around the table(terribly annoying because the tables were pretty close together)it would have been a great brunch.They also kept taking photos of the kid & the flash of their camera was quite annoying.There was a kid at another table further down who was much better behaved but was still a bit loud. I'm not a child hater,but I prefer to have peace & quiet when I go to a "nice" restaurant for brunch. Looks like it's more of a family atmosphere than a "date" restaurant.My mistake.Staff was great.Would recommend this place, but NOT for a quiet date!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!Foodie2Dined on 10/17/2014Had our anniversary dinner there, food was superb, wait staff was attentive, wine suggestions spot on! Too expensive for me to frequent often but perfect for special occasions.Special Features:
- goodTazdogVIPDined on 10/10/2014Have noy been here in a while. It is as good as it has been in the past.Special Features:
- Special occasion perfectionRobochef6Dined on 10/5/2014The service was impeccable. Great team Outstanding Crabmeat Cheesecake Appetizer. When I made the reservation, I told them that I wanted to make it a special, romantic dinner. We were greeted at our table with a comp champagne cocktail followed by a comp taste of their crabmeat ravigote. We ordered the hog head snapper and lobster for entrees, both cooked to perfection. This restaurant definitely made my top tenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysSROFBRDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed another wonderful dinner ar Ruffino's again last night . Good food , great service as always . Will be back again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Went with my wife on Sunday night for a date. The ambiance and service is good and also the food is better than most other Italian restaurants in Baton Rouge. However, the restaurant is over-priced. I have had better italian food in new orleans and san francisco for less money.Special Features:
- BringYourWalletNewBobbyVanGrillfanDined on 9/19/2014Had not been to Ruffino's and some things had changed. Salads were now much more expensive because they added 1-2 ingredients and jacked up the price. Waiter was inattentive. We had to keep asking for bread and refills on drinks. Portions are still huge. Food good but a bit salty. Not going to rush back. For their prices, I expect better service and food. Had Open Table reservation, but wasn't seated until 20 minutes later. Waited with some who were walk-ins who were told the wait would be 45 minutes and had not been seated 2 hours later. Atmosphere is always festive, making you ready for gameday. However, other restaurants offer similar at a better price.Special Features:
- ReservationspjpolkDined on 9/19/2014This would be my only complaint, the reservations were made on line and the special requests were made for the Cafe' room in front of the Brick Oven. This request was not granted. I would have understood if the room had been filled but this was not the case, no one was dinning but we were still refused service in this area.Special Features:
- great restaurant in baton rougeop1981VIPDined on 9/15/2014great restaurant in baton rouge with notable wine list and great specialty menu itemsSpecial Features:
- Food is Outstanding & so is ServiceBodieDined on 9/14/2014We ate here for brunch on Sunday and was very pleased with the food and service. Chris was our drink man, he kept our glasses full of what ever we were having. And he listened to what we were saying, it was our 51st Wedding Anniversary and he sent out a special plate with a big 'Happy 51st ' on it along with a great Tiramisu!! We never mention to them that we were having our anniversary brunch there. What a great treat, that's what makes this restaurant so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealJST66Dined on 9/14/2014My wife's birthday brunch was wonderful. The service was top notch and the food was fabulous.....as always.Special Features:
- Terrible experienceBRFood49Dined on 9/7/2014Reserved a table for 12th anniversary and was seated next to a very high traffic aisle going into a room where a fund raiser was taking place. The noise level was so loud, I could not hold a conversation with my wife....so much for a romantic anniversary dinner. The Prime rib was highly recommended by a regular and was not even on the menu. I felt very rushed by the wait staff. Needless to say we will never return to this restaurant.
- GreatRandJDined on 8/31/2014Me and my wife love Ruffino's. The only time we get to go is for special things, but it's our first choice when it's our anniversary, birthday, ect. Never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruffino's 1DiningGreatly1421Dined on 8/30/2014We drove up from Metairie to celebrate my brother-in-laws birthday. My wife, my sister-in-law and I ordered the veal ruffino. Our dish was good (not excellent). My wife's dish the veal was so hard and tough she sent it back and they brought out another dish of eggplant parmesan. The manager explained that their supplier was changed because he was delivering inferior product, but they still had some of the old product left at the restaurant. I checked the bill, we were charged for 4 meals. I feel they should have comped the second dish as the primary dish was bad. We have been to this restaurant many times and each time the food was excellent. We will not let this one time dictate our patronage, until we try eating there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceGonzalesGirlDined on 8/29/2014Our girls night out was WONDERFUL. If you are trying to decide whether to go or not...do it. Its worth it.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantbanner28Dined on 8/22/2014The food and service was A+++++. Nice scenery and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, poor serviceLobsterfestDined on 8/19/2014Went for the Lobster Fest. The food was excellent, but our waiter did a terrible job. He (Darryl) was inattentive. The 2 bus boys (one very tall and the one with an eyepatch) tried to save the day but apparently did not have the authority they needed. Would like to have ordered a second round of cocktails, but was never given the opportunity. Had to ask the bus boy to serve our dessert. Had to ask the bus boy to get the waiter. Then had to ask the waiter for the check. Even after this, the waiter did not return to our table but sent the bus boy with our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!talgeroDined on 8/17/2014Made the reservation for 9 pm, not knowing that they close at 9. (why is that an option?) But they still accommodated us nicely and the food was as fantastic as their reputation suggests.Special Features:
- Fantastic Evening (Again)!BuckInTigerLandDined on 8/17/2014For the second time in as many weeks my wife and I had a wonderful experience at Ruffino's. The food was fantastic, the recommendations on wine, specialty drinks, appetizers (the Crabmeat cheesecake is as advertised and the braised pork cheeks with butternut squash purée and bacon jam is the best appetizer we have every eaten anywhere!) and entrees by our waiters/waitresses were all perfect. Our new favorite restaurant in Baton Rouge! I cannot say enough good about Ruffino's and am looking forward to our next date night there!Special Features:
- Lobster nightmomoDined on 8/12/2014Loved appetizer and dessert but lobster filet mignonette was ok nothing spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Wife had a filet that was undercooked and not seasoned at all. I had the meatballs and spaghetti, meatballs had no texture to them and felt like I was eating a pile of mush. Definetly not worth the $100 bill that I spent. This was my first time dining at ruffinos and probably my last.Special Features:
- Staff was very kindSmarterWineDined on 8/4/2014My girlfriend and I had come here for our 2 year anniversary. Although the food was a bit slow, we didn't mind because we wanted the time to talk and enjoy the night anyway. The drinks came quickly, I had myself an old fashioned and she had a pineapple amaretto. The food was just okay when it did come out I had veal Parmesan and she had the spaghetti and meatballs. Although many people complained about the food in reviews, I thought it was fine and above average. If you are here to just enjoy the food, you might be a little disappointed because of the price. However, if you are here to enjoy the atmosphere, the kind staff, and just spending time with your significant other, I think it is the perfect place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedSamsMom2VIPDined on 8/1/2014We've been to Ruffino's a number of times and have always been impressed with the food. I remember dining there Valentine's Day weekend and my fish entree was incredible!! However, I was disapponited with the lack of flavor in the food this time. The scallops entree was tasteless, and both of our fish entrees (one from the specials menu, and the other was the Amberjack), both were disappointing. On a good note- service was impeccable, and our white chocolate brownie dessert was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite placekajunladyDined on 7/31/2014Ruffino's is our favorite place to eat. Tge atmosphere and services are excellent. I recommend this restaurant to everyone and we have introduced lots of people to it . It's tge bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I had the blackened prime rib special. For a normally good restaurant this was not up to my expectations. The cut was terrible. I could barely cut it and the blackened seasoning made it too salty. My wife's fish was very good, so it did help make up for my selection.Special Features:
- Made Birthday Celebration SpecialHappyDinerDined on 7/26/2014The food, wine, service and ambience were all outstanding! It made for a great Birthday Celebration for my daughter and our entire family.Special Features:
- The following 234 reviews are from the Ruffino's reviews archive.
- Great findLNCPHEDined on 7/24/2014This is a great spotsny day of the week. Great food great service. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerBL27Dined on 7/24/2014Food was outstanding, atmosphere was just what we were looking for, and the complimentary cotton candy for dessert (in addition to the white chocolate bread pudding we ordered that was phenomenal) was a pleasant and whimsical surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014One of the best restaurants any where and I have dined in some of the best in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and in other states and countriedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.