Ruffino’s on the River
921 Camellia Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70508Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
Ruffino’s on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruffinoslafayette.com/
- Phone: (337) 706-7333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:40pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Creole
- Executive Chef: Peter Sclafani III
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: You don't have to host your party at Ruffino's to get the great food and service you are accustomed to at the restaurant. We will cater casual, formal, corporate or private celebrations and events. Our priority is making sure your special occasion is one you will never forget, and it is our promise to accommodate any special requests or needs you may have.
- Private Party Facilities: Make Ruffino's on the River your choice for birthday's, anniversaries, speaker programs, rehearsal dinners or business meetings. We can accommodate private parties up to 100 guests in a variety of settings.
- Private Party Contact: Mindy Walker 2257576499x
A word from Ruffino’s on the River
Ruffino's on the River is located in Lafayette, LA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Ruffino’s on the River - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Ruffino’s on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (41)scenic view (34)fit for foodies (33)hot spot (25)notable wine list (24)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Toni tauzinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014It was our 21st wedding anniversary, I felt very well taken care of, the staff is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Of LafayetteBlugrassandBayouDined on 11/18/2014I have nothing to say but excellent service, excellent food. I travel the world and this restaurant is in my top 2. Steve our waiter was excellent. The food was excellent. I cannot say enough. Me and my wife will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!FanaticalCashewDined on 11/16/2014Really great food and atmosphere! Everything was spot on! Would recommend, especially for a romantic date! My girlfriend now has a new favorite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialDined on 11/10/2014It was a very special night for my husband and I. We were celebrating ou 52th wedding anniversary and we felt very special at you restaurant, thank you so much, we will be back. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Overall a Very Good RestaurantEnjoyGoodFoodDined on 11/8/2014The food and atmosphere are very befitting his higher end restaurant. The wait staff assistants were excellent. We were disappointed with the level of service our waiter provided this time, but usually the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beautiful Romantic EveningVeterandocDined on 11/8/2014The entire dining experience at Ruffino's was outstanding. We asked to sit in a bar booth since since the area is always bustling and alive. We watched the LSU game during the meal. I The appetizers were unique and delicious. The specials and the main courses were superb. The cotton candy for desert was light and fun. The waiters never pressed us during the entire evening. They were polite and well trained. The overall experience was both enjoyable and memorable. I would recommend Ruffino's to anyone interested in excellent food and service. A superb overall dining experience.Special Features:
- AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Atmosphere and service were exceptional. Really enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!!!Scooter1Dined on 10/26/2014Lobster was absolutely delicious!!!!! The service was extremely wonderful!!!!!Special Features:
- Great staff, unique fooddinetraDined on 10/11/2014Enthusiastic, friendly, and well-trained staff, they really go the extra mile. The food was quality and well-prepared, and so unique to this restaurant. A little pricey, but very well worth it, and it's our new special-occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJsersDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and absolutely the best service I have experenced in a long time. In a city with so many great food choices Ruffino's is standout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining,great food&servicebirthdaygirlDined on 10/7/2014Very pleasant dining experience. Will definitely dine with Ruffino's again. Female waiter serving the drinks was an outstanding, very friendly young lady! Loved the birthday surprise at the end!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulgreat4dateDined on 10/4/2014First rate wait staff that has clearly been well trained, water glasses never went below 3/4 full, food and drinks came out quickly and entire staff was knowledgeable about the menu as well as specials. The food was absolutely amazing. The steak was definitely the most delicious steak I've ever eaten. I will absolutely go back as often as I possibly can.Special Features:
- anniversary celebrationproudgrandpasDined on 10/1/2014One of the best places to dine in when celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- Expected better!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014We went to Ruffino's last October for my birthday and we couldn't have asked for better! We went again this year and all I can say is it was so so! Our service was outstanding but everything else was at bet so so! They didn't have the scotch that I like to drink, my steak was not sat all what I was expecting!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLovenlifeDined on 9/23/2014We went to Ruffino's for our anniversary. We had a wonderful evening. The ambience was just what we were looking for. Food was delicious! From the appetizer to the dessert! Service was also great too! The only disappointment was that the primerib isn't offered anymore. My husband was looking forward to it. Overall excellent experience! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerGDupDined on 9/22/2014The wife and I celebrated our anniversary, we got complementary champagine and dessert. Staff was on top of service. Didn't get much wine for my money, but over all very satisfied. Food was great.Special Features:
- Flipping the TableGeorgeVIPDined on 9/18/2014Would have enjoyed the dining experience more if it didn't feel like the waitstaff was trying to flip the table in record time. Everyone in the party thought that we were being rushed. Maybe it's the policy of management cause this is not the first time we have experienced this type of service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitTraciDined on 9/14/2014Hubby & I shared 2 appetizers; fried soft shelled crab and pork cheeks. They were both incredible! Cooked to perfection. We shared an entree.... lobster; it was a Sunday special. It was just ok. It was overcooked and had no flavor at all. Then came dessert! That was fabulous! I ordered the white chocolate brownie and hubby ordered some kind of chocolate cake (can't remember the name of it) both were delicious! I don't know why my dessert is called a white chocolate brownie because it tasted nothing like a brownie. It was so good.........all I have to say is you have to try it! The chef sent complimentary appetizers at the start of our meal and we got cotton candy at the end of our meal. That was different and a very nice touch!Special Features:
- A Special TreatMonniDined on 9/7/2014The service at Ruffino's is impeccable -- they treat everyone as though they are a special guest. We had the Sunday lobster special, which was great. It's a perfect date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We drove from Lake Charles, LA just because and it was well worth it.Special Features:
- A Tuesday, so . . .VickiDined on 8/26/2014Weeknight, so not too crowded. Bartenderettes very attentive & made a good Old Fashioned! Waiters work as a team which can be great, but wasn't particularly this night. Attentive secondary waiter (water, extra lemons). Main waiter didn't have much time for us. Seemed to deal with our table on the way or way back from larger parties. Food was good. Large, fresh salad was tasty & was a good $ value. Had one of favorites, Cedar Plank fish. Was very fresh . . . Didn't care for sweet sauce/topping however. Sweetheart ordered Veal Michael w/lump crabmeat. He loved the crabmeat, the pasta & sauce, but wasn't impressed with the very small medallions of veal. Fun idea to bring cotton candy to table for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special findFoodNthoughtDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I have been to Ruffinos on 3 separate occasions and loved the food and ambiance each time. But really the heart of a good experience is with the waitstaff; but two out of the three times we've been there the waitstaff was awesome! The kitchen even came to our table to check on how my boyfriend wanted his steak cooked and they were all attentive to our needs. On our anniversary they brough compliments for us from both the bar and the kitchen... They suggested wine to match my boyfriends cigar that he smoked after dinner, outside by the river under the lights! It was amazing. Love this place. Recommend the steak with imperial sauce! But everything is so good there it's almost impossible not to enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know before you speakLuv2eatDined on 8/22/2014The waiter explained how ordering the Ribeye CAP which was one of the specials was a great choice since it's better than the regular ribeye on menu it was trimmed for less fat but then came back to say they ran out and we ended up with the regular ribeye. Also he said how they end the night with cotton candy and that it was pink which was good since people usually complain about blue turning everyone's teeth blue. Guess what... we received blue cotton candy. Really should know before you speak.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencefoodie22Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I celebrated our 1st Anniversary at Ruffino's and it was absolutely amazing! The waitstaff was so attentive and very prompt in meeting our every need. The food was amazing! There's a nice variety on the menu that will suit all taste palettes. We were surprised with cake (Happy Anniversary was written in chocolate) & champagne. We didn't have much room for dessert, but the gesture was so nice! We also had another waiter sing for us! I am amazed at how the waitstaff bent over backwards to make sure that we had a wonderful 1st Anniversary. Everyone dining around us seemed to be equally pleased. At the end of our meal, we received the signature cotton candy (this is complimentary for every visit) and it was delicious! 5 STARS!Special Features:
- PawnmasterDined on 8/17/2014Great food, great service! I did get some oil/cheese splatter on my dress shirt due to the waiter. He did not notice and I didn't make a big deal of it. Other than that episode, I was very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not there yet!ImpressmentDined on 8/16/2014We wanted to try Ruffinos-something new. The reataurant has a nice ambiance and the service is pretty good especially since the majority seem to be college age. The food- We liked the bread and garlic/ rosemary/ olive oil spread. My husbands redfish selection was good, but my lobster -the special- was lacking. And the sorbet..please find a good sorbet or just buy Blue Bell. After you are frequent eater at Bonefish and a visitor to Pappadeaux and Maggianos, as well eaten in New York, and Italy, my taste buds must be impressed. Even, Little Big Cup in Arnaudville got you beat. Thus, Ruffinos you are a work in progress!Special Features:
- Only one minor detailGudniteDined on 8/15/2014I signed up for reservations online and in the specific comments box asked for "as intimate as seating as possible for a birthday". It was a party of two, my girlfriend and I. We were sat right by the pathway of the bar and right where the servers station to serve food. Probably the least intimate place. Also it seemed that our waitresses did not know that it was a birthday table. Not sure if they are shared the notes on reservations? They should be, it is always awkward to ask for a "free" birthday dessert, and I was hoping it would just come out, the dessert, as a mini surprise. Food and service were great though and we will be back. Just pay more attention to the specific notes. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining, Great StaffCajunKirkDined on 8/14/2014The wait staff is wonderful. Atmosphere was a little noisy, but it was from the patrons and not the staff. I asked the waiter to choose a Merlot for me and picked a very nice Rombauer Merlot. It was great, but it can't be found in wine shops. I had the Veal Picatta and would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Memorable anniversary dinnerMromer64Dined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening in a fabulous setting with great cuisine. Ruffino's brings everything- great atmosphere, an extraordinarily friendly end engaged wait staff and fabulous food. I would recommend Ruffinos to anyone looking for a night out to a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a true WOW experience!lafayettevisitor60Dined on 8/14/2014We could not have asked for a better experience - everything about this restaurant is memorable - the venue, the food and most of all the service. Will definitely return to dine at Ruffino's many times over, even though it was an hour drive for us - one way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DD1223Dined on 8/9/2014The ambience was great, we were terribly disappointed in the food! You pay for great food Ina great restaurant and that's not what we got!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The service and food was outstanding, along with a great atmosphere. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the Ruffino’s on the River reviews archive.
- 4.5 StarsSteeleMDDined on 7/18/2014Everything was 5-stars, except food. The ambiance was terrific, service was outstanding, and the view was excellent. However, the food was only above average, especially considering the price. The braised rabbit, which was recommended to every table that I overheard as the "star of the menu," was extremely salty. The aftertaste of massive sodium stuck with me even as we walked through the parking lot to our car. The one item I would recommend would be the Crab Cheesecake appetizer. And although we did not get any desserts, I was told by a few friends that they have the best desserts in town. To cap off the night, they bring a giant cone of cotton candy to the table! All in all, a great (not excellent) experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade c+Higg3VIPDined on 7/3/2014Wine list stated 2010 vintage, sent 2011 to the table.....nice try ! 3 dinner entrees were very good.... 1 entree.... Not so much ! Management agreed and comped a desert...which was excellent.Special Features:
- JimmyDined on 6/30/2014Great experience. Unique appetizers. Very good service.Special Features:
- A find in LafayetteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2014We had a mostly superb dinner at what I think was also a great value. Openers of roasted oysters (which would have been better with a bit less cheese) and a delicious rack of lamb (superbly cooked, served over a risotto that would have benefitted with less salt). Lamb was $15! A very good selection of wines by the glass and an even better selection of bottled wines and very good prices. We both had the spinalis special (the spinalis is the cap from the rib roast section of beef); perfectly cooked , served with perfectly cooked haricots verts and an amazing mushroom bread pudding - worth the (very reasonable) price of dinner. Service is a bit swarming and needs to be more polished and less obtrusive. Ignore it and go for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For birthday dinner for twoCholiDined on 6/21/2014The food was superb! The wait staff service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Fathers Day DinnerwillbebaclDined on 6/15/2014This was not our first time at Ruffino's. We had a booth for 4. The service and food was outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nice placeDecoyVIPDined on 6/10/2014I enjoyed my first night at Ruffinos. I thought the service was fantastic! The food was good but I can't say it was great! There was nothing wrong with it but I think from all I heard about it I was expecting it to be over the top! The appetizer pork belly was very good. I ordered scallops as my meal and they were ok. A bit too much black pepper! My husband had Ossa Boca and it was a little dry! Wine and cocktails were good as we as desserts! I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsA58PDined on 5/24/2014Used OpenTable to set a reservation, which was VERY easy and convenient. Food and drinks were amazing. It is a bit pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for in the quality of the food alone.Special Features: