Ruffino’s on the River
921 Camellia Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70508Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
Ruffino’s on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruffinoslafayette.com/
- Phone: 3377067333x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:40pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Creole
- Executive Chef: Peter Sclafani III
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: You don't have to host your party at Ruffino's to get the great food and service you are accustomed to at the restaurant. We will cater casual, formal, corporate or private celebrations and events. Our priority is making sure your special occasion is one you will never forget, and it is our promise to accommodate any special requests or needs you may have.
- Private Party Facilities: Make Ruffino's on the River your choice for birthday's, anniversaries, speaker programs, rehearsal dinners or business meetings. We can accommodate private parties up to 100 guests in a variety of settings.
- Private Party Contact: Mindy Walker 2257576499x
A word from Ruffino’s on the River
Ruffino's on the River is located in Lafayette, LA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruffino’s on the River - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Ruffino’s on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (28)scenic view (27)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (17)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A Special TreatMonniDined on 9/7/2014The service at Ruffino's is impeccable -- they treat everyone as though they are a special guest. We had the Sunday lobster special, which was great. It's a perfect date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We drove from Lake Charles, LA just because and it was well worth it.Special Features:
- A Tuesday, so . . .VickiDined on 8/26/2014Weeknight, so not too crowded. Bartenderettes very attentive & made a good Old Fashioned! Waiters work as a team which can be great, but wasn't particularly this night. Attentive secondary waiter (water, extra lemons). Main waiter didn't have much time for us. Seemed to deal with our table on the way or way back from larger parties. Food was good. Large, fresh salad was tasty & was a good $ value. Had one of favorites, Cedar Plank fish. Was very fresh . . . Didn't care for sweet sauce/topping however. Sweetheart ordered Veal Michael w/lump crabmeat. He loved the crabmeat, the pasta & sauce, but wasn't impressed with the very small medallions of veal. Fun idea to bring cotton candy to table for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special findFoodNthoughtDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I have been to Ruffinos on 3 separate occasions and loved the food and ambiance each time. But really the heart of a good experience is with the waitstaff; but two out of the three times we've been there the waitstaff was awesome! The kitchen even came to our table to check on how my boyfriend wanted his steak cooked and they were all attentive to our needs. On our anniversary they brough compliments for us from both the bar and the kitchen... They suggested wine to match my boyfriends cigar that he smoked after dinner, outside by the river under the lights! It was amazing. Love this place. Recommend the steak with imperial sauce! But everything is so good there it's almost impossible not to enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know before you speakLuv2eatDined on 8/22/2014The waiter explained how ordering the Ribeye CAP which was one of the specials was a great choice since it's better than the regular ribeye on menu it was trimmed for less fat but then came back to say they ran out and we ended up with the regular ribeye. Also he said how they end the night with cotton candy and that it was pink which was good since people usually complain about blue turning everyone's teeth blue. Guess what... we received blue cotton candy. Really should know before you speak.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencefoodie22Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I celebrated our 1st Anniversary at Ruffino's and it was absolutely amazing! The waitstaff was so attentive and very prompt in meeting our every need. The food was amazing! There's a nice variety on the menu that will suit all taste palettes. We were surprised with cake (Happy Anniversary was written in chocolate) & champagne. We didn't have much room for dessert, but the gesture was so nice! We also had another waiter sing for us! I am amazed at how the waitstaff bent over backwards to make sure that we had a wonderful 1st Anniversary. Everyone dining around us seemed to be equally pleased. At the end of our meal, we received the signature cotton candy (this is complimentary for every visit) and it was delicious! 5 STARS!Special Features:
- PawnmasterDined on 8/17/2014Great food, great service! I did get some oil/cheese splatter on my dress shirt due to the waiter. He did not notice and I didn't make a big deal of it. Other than that episode, I was very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not there yet!ImpressmentDined on 8/16/2014We wanted to try Ruffinos-something new. The reataurant has a nice ambiance and the service is pretty good especially since the majority seem to be college age. The food- We liked the bread and garlic/ rosemary/ olive oil spread. My husbands redfish selection was good, but my lobster -the special- was lacking. And the sorbet..please find a good sorbet or just buy Blue Bell. After you are frequent eater at Bonefish and a visitor to Pappadeaux and Maggianos, as well eaten in New York, and Italy, my taste buds must be impressed. Even, Little Big Cup in Arnaudville got you beat. Thus, Ruffinos you are a work in progress!Special Features:
- Only one minor detailGudniteDined on 8/15/2014I signed up for reservations online and in the specific comments box asked for "as intimate as seating as possible for a birthday". It was a party of two, my girlfriend and I. We were sat right by the pathway of the bar and right where the servers station to serve food. Probably the least intimate place. Also it seemed that our waitresses did not know that it was a birthday table. Not sure if they are shared the notes on reservations? They should be, it is always awkward to ask for a "free" birthday dessert, and I was hoping it would just come out, the dessert, as a mini surprise. Food and service were great though and we will be back. Just pay more attention to the specific notes. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining, Great StaffCajunKirkDined on 8/14/2014The wait staff is wonderful. Atmosphere was a little noisy, but it was from the patrons and not the staff. I asked the waiter to choose a Merlot for me and picked a very nice Rombauer Merlot. It was great, but it can't be found in wine shops. I had the Veal Picatta and would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Memorable anniversary dinnerMromer64Dined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening in a fabulous setting with great cuisine. Ruffino's brings everything- great atmosphere, an extraordinarily friendly end engaged wait staff and fabulous food. I would recommend Ruffinos to anyone looking for a night out to a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a true WOW experience!lafayettevisitor60Dined on 8/14/2014We could not have asked for a better experience - everything about this restaurant is memorable - the venue, the food and most of all the service. Will definitely return to dine at Ruffino's many times over, even though it was an hour drive for us - one way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DD1223Dined on 8/9/2014The ambience was great, we were terribly disappointed in the food! You pay for great food Ina great restaurant and that's not what we got!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The service and food was outstanding, along with a great atmosphere. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4.5 StarsSteeleMDDined on 7/18/2014Everything was 5-stars, except food. The ambiance was terrific, service was outstanding, and the view was excellent. However, the food was only above average, especially considering the price. The braised rabbit, which was recommended to every table that I overheard as the "star of the menu," was extremely salty. The aftertaste of massive sodium stuck with me even as we walked through the parking lot to our car. The one item I would recommend would be the Crab Cheesecake appetizer. And although we did not get any desserts, I was told by a few friends that they have the best desserts in town. To cap off the night, they bring a giant cone of cotton candy to the table! All in all, a great (not excellent) experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade c+Higg3Dined on 7/3/2014Wine list stated 2010 vintage, sent 2011 to the table.....nice try ! 3 dinner entrees were very good.... 1 entree.... Not so much ! Management agreed and comped a desert...which was excellent.Special Features:
- JimmyDined on 6/30/2014Great experience. Unique appetizers. Very good service.Special Features:
- A find in LafayetteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2014We had a mostly superb dinner at what I think was also a great value. Openers of roasted oysters (which would have been better with a bit less cheese) and a delicious rack of lamb (superbly cooked, served over a risotto that would have benefitted with less salt). Lamb was $15! A very good selection of wines by the glass and an even better selection of bottled wines and very good prices. We both had the spinalis special (the spinalis is the cap from the rib roast section of beef); perfectly cooked , served with perfectly cooked haricots verts and an amazing mushroom bread pudding - worth the (very reasonable) price of dinner. Service is a bit swarming and needs to be more polished and less obtrusive. Ignore it and go for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For birthday dinner for twoCholiDined on 6/21/2014The food was superb! The wait staff service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Fathers Day DinnerwillbebaclDined on 6/15/2014This was not our first time at Ruffino's. We had a booth for 4. The service and food was outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nice placeDecoyVIPDined on 6/10/2014I enjoyed my first night at Ruffinos. I thought the service was fantastic! The food was good but I can't say it was great! There was nothing wrong with it but I think from all I heard about it I was expecting it to be over the top! The appetizer pork belly was very good. I ordered scallops as my meal and they were ok. A bit too much black pepper! My husband had Ossa Boca and it was a little dry! Wine and cocktails were good as we as desserts! I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsA58PDined on 5/24/2014Used OpenTable to set a reservation, which was VERY easy and convenient. Food and drinks were amazing. It is a bit pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for in the quality of the food alone.Special Features:
- The following 48 reviews are from the Ruffino’s on the River reviews archive.
- Food amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014My husband and I really enjoyed the food. We understand that service is key however we couldn't hold an entire conversation without being interputed by least four servers. I do appreciate being checked on but it was an overkill. Everyone was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot be better!NatalyaSVIPDined on 5/1/2014We were on a business trip and followed Open Table recommendation. Food was delicious, service outstanding, view heart warming! 5 stars all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014We visited Rufino's for the first time on Friday. Excellent food and service. It is pricey, but for a special occasion it is a wonderful addition to the Lafayette restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Great time! We love sittingJuicyDined on 4/4/2014Great time! We love sitting in the booth in the bar! Service greatSpecial Features:
- Dinner for TwoBraveheartDined on 3/6/2014Ruffino's on the River was exactly what Lafayette needed, fantastic food, service and great atmosphere. I booked online with OpenTable (love that App) ordered champagne on ice and a romantic table. When we arrived they were expecting us, took us straight to our table where the chambers was already on ice. Made for a really great date nite with my gorgeous wife. RichieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebration!LafeaterDined on 2/28/2014The atmosphere, service, and food were perfection. Had the speckled trout with asparagus- outstanding. The handmade mozzarella appetizer is to die for. A bit pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDanielleDined on 1/26/2014Great overall experience ...again. we dine here often because the service and food are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodJJMCDined on 1/23/2014Excellent place for food and wines. This is the best place I have been to in Lafayette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful evening on the riverWile1Dined on 1/19/2014The beauty of watching the river roll by is only surpassed by the wonderful food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tastydinner42Dined on 1/17/2014Love the braised pork cheeks! We have eaten here several times and the food is always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Anniversary DinnerCamposykaDined on 1/12/2014We went to Ruffinos for our anniversary dinner and we weren't dissapointed. It's a bit pricey but was worth it for a special occasion. The wait staff was great, and the food was above average. I happened to mention that we were celebrating our anniversary and we got complimentary champagne and our dessert plate had "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" written in raspberry sauce along with 2 candles. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!jenslp77Dined on 1/10/2014From the time we sat down until the time we left, the wait staff was very attentive. All were very knowledgeable of the menu and very personable. The menu was excellent. I had a hard time deciding because I there were so many things that I liked. We both loved our selections! The food was amazing. I look forward to going again! Highly recommended. Make sure to make a reservation in advance..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday date nightMinetteDined on 1/4/2014I challenged hubby to Wow me with a spectacular night out as one of my Christmas presents. Ruffinos definitely fit the bill for that ticket. Evening dinner with cocktails, wine, and chef's seafood and steak specials were very satisfying, the seafood a bit more than the steak. Loved the lemon butter sauce with the snapper filet which was pan grilled to perfection. The steak sides were also delish: the creamed spinach and wild mushroom savory bread pudding were a gourmand's dream. Overall, a very hot spot for a great night out on the town! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pearl of a FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014Ruffino's is a Pearl of a find in Lafayette's restaurant scene ! There were no buzzing, flashing lights to tell you your table was ready, it was wonderfully done by a text to our phone! We were greeted with smiles and welcoming wishes, the bar was well stocked and the food was marvelously! The wait staff were friendly, helpful, courteous. We had a wonderful time and decided upon tasting the first appetizer that this was definitely a restaurant to put on our list!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a night to rememberKathrynDined on 1/3/2014The food and service was excellent! I thought they were going to have to wheel me out of the restaurant because I eat so much. They even had a man sing Happy Birthday to my boyfriend in opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/3/2014Great place! good food staff great! The staff made this a great dinning experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall our dining experienceJohnBDined on 12/28/2013Overall our dining experience was nice but initially it did not start off that way! My wife and I showed up a little early and even though we had a reservation, we were seated in the bar. Given I had to confirm with Open Table that we were not no shows, a comment was made by the hostess that now makes sense. When I asked if there was another table, she advised that this was the only table left that hadn't already been reserved, which baffled us since we had one!! The remainder of our visit was great! Had a great wait staff and though the food was not outstanding, we would likely return if we didn't have to sit in a bar in order to have a nice meal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very salty!!DavidDined on 12/26/2013Both of our main dishes were so full of salt that it was not easy to enjoy. Very sad because the appetizers were great.I would recommend this to a friend.