Ruffino's - Arlington
4763 Lee Highway
Arlington, VA 22207Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ruffino's - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ruffinosarlington.com/
- Phone: (703) 528-2242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11;00AM - 3:30PM
Dinner: Daily: 3:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose Firufino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ruffino's - Arlington
Ruffinos Spaghetti House has been an Arlington Favorite for over 35 years! Located on Lee Highway at Glebe Road with plenty of parking, Ruffinos is a great family-friendly place to have an Italian meal at a great price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruffino's - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A little off toniteMichellevspDined on 7/9/2014Ruffino's is usually amazing but this evening everything from the service to the food was not up to par. Both the chicken & the veal was dry, chewy and a little blah. Definitely NOT normal for Ruffino's! Since we come all the way from Central Virginia it was disappointing but I'm chalking it up to a bad night and not a trend.Special Features:
- Italian in ArlingtonKJA205VIPDined on 2/22/2014Ruffino's is a neighborhood gem - small and quaint. The staff was friendly, and the pasta was magnifico!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood eateryJanieDined on 1/15/2014I like that it is a smaller dining room. It can be pretty noisy if the room is full but the food is good, service is good and you are not rushed..Special Features:
- mediocre ItalianWesttowngirlDined on 10/26/2013Nothing to write home about. The gnocchi was mushy, the garlic bread too hard. Meh.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2013We always look forward to our dinners at Ruffino's. It's a comfortable place, friendly and not too noisy. The menu has plenty to choose from and the sauce is hearty. Try the house Chianti and the fried ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing fancyTrollopianVIPDined on 8/8/2013This is the kind of family-type Italian restaurant that we all remember from childhood....in fact, it fit that role a bit better before redecoration, which I think diminished its character. Food is good (not great) and filling. A couple of orders of garlic toast that we never ordered arrived, and were added to our bill without permission, but we didn't raise a squawk because it was unusually delicious. The lone waiter is a bit odd, always cracking jokes that nobody quite got. Our table would've preferred more professional and less intrusive service.
- Great family ItalianJMKtravelsalotVIPDined on 7/27/2013This neighborhood gem on Lee Hwy is definately worth a stop. We dine here often with our middle school aged children and bring extended family when they are in town. The food is great and the family atmosphere is really nice. Its a great place for a glass or bottle of wine and an excellent pasta dish.Special Features:
- Good food cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2013To benchmark, Ruffino's food is better than Olive Garden and probably less expensive. Since the food is not outstanding, there's never a wait for a table. Ruffino's is a neighborhood sauce and gravy Italian restaurant. Portions are very generous, smothered in sauce, and inexpensive. Our family of four (9 & 19yr old kids) ate for $60 - includes a bottle of wine, tax, and tip. Wine list is limited and I wish management would upgrade it or allow BYO. Service is no frills and a little quirky but fine. Foodies need not bother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good andOnepawVIPDined on 4/8/2013The food was very good and there were many choices of entrees and sides. I was meeting a friend that I had not seen for years and we were talking more than eating but our server was patient amd attentive. The owner was gracious and thanked us several times for joining them for dinner. Overall, a very enjoyable night with good company and good food.Special Features:
- A ClassicpickyeaterDined on 3/15/2013Great,casual neighborhood restaurant. Our first time there and it was packed on a Friday night.. so glad I made a reservation! Menu is pretty basic but covers all the Italian favorites and everything was quite good. Haven't tried the pizza yet! Will become our local go-to place I expect.Special Features:
- Great food. Nice little neighborhoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2012Great food. Nice little neighborhood Italian place. Best bruschetta ever!Special Features:
- Our group of six was wellOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2012Our group of six was well treated, and the food was very good. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Try it! You'll like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/24/2012A nice, friendly neighborhood place that serves good food and where the staff folks are friendly.Special Features:
- It is a darling little familyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012It is a darling little family restaurant. Great food and great service.Special Features:
- We always enjoy dining atOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/9/2012We always enjoy dining at Ruffino's. It's comfortable, friendly and in the neighborhood. Prices are good and the food and service satisfying.Special Features:
- First time eating at thisheathwishVIPDined on 10/7/2012First time eating at this cute neighborhood restaurant. Service was extremely friendly and welcoming. Good for kids. Wide variety of food options. Great choice!Special Features:
- I really enjoy going to Ruffino'sBalletgirl1980VIPDined on 9/18/2012I really enjoy going to Ruffino's for a quick pasta dinner with the kids. The only complaint about the food, for me, is that the meat sauce is very heavy on the green pepper and makes the tomato sauce a bit too acidic for my palate. My kids love eating here and the wait staff is always accomodating with them.Special Features:
- Was pleasantly surprised byOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2012Was pleasantly surprised by Ruffino's! We live in a neighborhood close by and will be visiting Ruffino's often. I loved the chicken parm, and my husband enjoyed his seasfood pasta. The house wine can't be beat!Special Features:
- Ruffinos-Solid Neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2012Friendly service and hearty portions of well-prepared Italian fare. The menu is a little limited, but that's okay - better to do a few things really well than lots of things poorly. I would, and will, go again.Special Features:
- Generally, Ruffinos is oneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2012Generally, Ruffinos is one of our favorite neighborhood Italian places. This evening, the food did not disappoint. However, the service was fair at best. The staff seemed to be very new to the tasks. Specific issues inclued salad dressing was spilled on my skirt, and the entree was brought too soon so salad was taken away because the table was too small to accommodate the plates. We will return to Ruffinos again, assuming that this was an exception; I hope that it was. We have enjoyed several meals there for some time.
- We happened to lunch rightMomandelves2013Dined on 4/8/2012We happened to lunch right after Easter service and were the only clients (party of six.)That may account for the excellent service- however the portions were more than generous and the manager made sure we had everything just as we requested. We had dined there twenty years ago and thought of it as a simple spaghetti house- things have changed! The fare remains Italian, but the restaurant has had a complete renovation and the menu has exellent choies which include veal and seafood. We wil definitely return again with friends and familySpecial Features:
- Customer services is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/18/2012Customer services is always fabulous at Ruffino's. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is charming. A great local spot in Arlington!Special Features:
- If you want personal attention,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2012If you want personal attention, this is the place to go. It is small, but the staff is very helpful and attentive. The portions are enormous or a great price, and really authentic cuisine. They even have a 'cardinal' or pink sauce, which is my absolute favorite!Special Features:
- Not worth goingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2012Food was sub par and not authentic at all. The veal Marsala was pretty much just brown gravy, not a Marsala sauce by any stretch of the imagination. Soups were bland as was the bruschetta. Garlic bread was dry and purchased a la carte. Bloody Mary was undrinkable and we had to wait for the manager to come back from a delivery to make a rum and coke because no one knew how. We will never return.
- Food and service were good...nothinnyannitelloDined on 2/18/2012Food and service were good...nothing spectacular but for inexpensive casual Italian dining its worth a shot.
- Pleasantly Surprised by Ruffino'sTennisFanDined on 2/3/2012My husband and I have lived in East Falls Church for years; we often drove by Ruffino's, but had not tried it. We finally tried it and were very glad we did. It has a neighborhood feel, and the restaurant itself was warm, cozy and unpretentious. The food was reasonably priced, particularly given the size of the dishes. We ended up taking a portion of our meals back home with us. While I cannot remember the name of the dish, I tried the veal/eggplant with tomato sauce and spaghetti. It was delicious - a cross between veal parm and eggplant parm. My husband had the seafood marinara, which had a slightly lighter tomato sauce, but was equally delicious. If you are looking for delicious pasta in a casual atmosphere, this is the place.Special Features:
- This place has great foodBalletgirl1980VIPDined on 2/3/2012This place has great food and is very accomodating with 2.5 year old twins. Pasta portions are just right, not huge. Prices are fantastic. Staff is always friendly and on top of their tables.Special Features:
- Just a very good local spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2011Just a very good local spot. Fantastic Italian food. A little noisy, but that added to the evening as family groups kept coming and going and having a good time. Excellent all around!Special Features:
- Great storefront Italian restaurantFCgourmetDined on 12/23/2011Great storefront Italian restaurant. Authentic and homey. Good value for your buck. I will return. Wait staff very friendly and eager to please.Special Features:
- Welcome back, Ruffinos! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/12/2011Welcome back, Ruffinos! We missed you! Love the new look - service could be a little more responsive - and the food is as we remembered it. Wonderful neighborhood restaurant.
- This is just a nice littleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/9/2011This is just a nice little neighborhood place. It is good for a quiet meal with decent food and friendly management. Don't go here to be with the elite. But you will do fine if you need a decent meal and you're in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Italian American, Never Better!CCAFanVIPDined on 9/9/2011I grew up in Boston, enjoying family dinners at great local Italian restaurants. It's nice to know that the classic American Italian restaurant is alive and well in Arlington, as Ruffino's. Dinner was terrific, with ample portions of lasagna and spaghetti and meatballs. The wine was just what we wanted. Convenient, casual, consistent. Enjoy a great dinner here!Special Features:
- The place is really beautiful.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2011The place is really beautiful. Friendly service and good food.Special Features:
- Cheap, unoffensive family styleOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/23/2011Nice remodel of the restaurant, however, can't say much about the food. Veal Picatta was barely identifiable as veal in a sweetish gravy. Pasta side was ok, but then this is Ruffino's Spaghetti House after all! Noise level was quite high -- could use a few sound deadeners to offset the tile floor, tile walls and painted ceiling. We have been looking for a cheap, unoffensive family-type Italian joint in Arlington and Ruffino's fits the bill. Don't expect Roberto Donna and you won't be disappointed.
- There were 10 of us in ourckinnovaDined on 7/23/2011There were 10 of us in our party and everyone was very happy with their food and the service! Of particular note, I appreciated that the food was not over-salted.
- Homey and friendly neighborhoodarlingtonfoodieVIPDined on 7/8/2011Homey and friendly neighborhood spot, good for kids and old-fashioned American Italian food. Don't go for gourmet Italian cooking.