1061 Miamisburg-Centerville Road
Centerville, OH 45459Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruedumainerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9376101061
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: Seating from 11:30am till 1:30pm Dinner: Seating Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anne Kearney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rue Dumaine offers special event catering thru our Catering Co., Terrebonne Catering. Please call Tom Sand @ 937-974-8876 for information.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Sand 9379748876
A word from Rue Dumaine
Chef Anne Kearney and Tom Sand Jr., co-proprietors, welcome you to their home! We have created a unique atmosphere where you can celebrate the good things in life, and put your cares on hold for a few hours. The décor has been created with many French bistro elements. Rue Dumaine specializes in an Americanized version of classic French flavors. Come savor duck rillette crepes, or indulge in crispy Herb de Provence frog legs, or a robust serving of Cabernet braised short ribs. Chef Anne is passionate about local ingredients such as honey, organic eggs, and all-natural chicken from Ed Hill’s farm in Xenia. Only the best artisan cheeses, gelato, vegetables and breads are brought in; everything else is prepared in-house. Menus change seasonally to accommodate fresh produce and seasonal specialties from local suppliers. The wine room is stocked with “wines from around the world” chosen from boutique wineries that exhibit “attention to detail” in all aspects of their winemaking process.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rue Dumaine - Best Restaurants in Dayton ›
Rue Dumaine reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)special occasion (94)notable wine list (73)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (48)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (19)great for lunch (14)good for groups (14)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Rue DumaineWineguy69Dined on 8/28/2014One of Ohio's truly talented Chefs who works thru mostly local producers!Special Features:
- Gem hidden in a strip mallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Don't pass this one up just because you can't readily see it from the street. The food is amazing; very high end. A friendly couple at the table next to us shared a taste of their Merlot which was some of the best I've had. They were going to take the bottle with them to see if the local liquor store carried the same label. (I wrote it down myself). We made reservations the day ahead and could only get a 5:30 seating, but we took our time and never felt rushed, even as the room started to fill up. We brought with us friends from the Chicagoland area and they were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual great service fell shortCincynaplesVIPDined on 8/22/2014Regular diners at Rue Dumaine. The menu is fantastic- fresh and local food is featured- and the preparation of each dish is absolutely perfect. Chef Anne Kearney is imaginative, attentive and has no equal in the Dayton area. Our complaint? After being seated (table of 6), ordering cocktails and wine, our server did not take our order until one hour after we had been seated. It made for a late night since we had driven from another county just to enjoy this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GliamanGliamanDined on 8/22/2014Excellent dinner as always. Get the corner table if possible - it's more cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Rue Dumainewilltravel2dineDined on 8/19/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Rue Dumaine. The food is outstanding and the service always impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurantsCriswellDined on 8/19/2014We always enjoy coming to Rue Dumaine. The food is wonderful and we like supporting local restaurants. The owner/chef never fails to come to the table to see how we enjoyed our meals (she does this with every table) and she is a very nice person. This particular experience was not the best, which was too bad, since it was our 40th anniversary celebration. My wife had enjoyed a cocktail called the "Aperol Spritz" in Florence, Italy a couple of months ago and she asked our server if the bar had Aperol. He quickly said "I have never heard of it and never bothered to ask. She ordered something else and when the owner came to the table it turns out that they did have it That soured the evening. The food was fabulous, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rue Dumaine RocksdoctorGDined on 8/16/2014best chef/restaurant/service/food in the country. The bar is my second home, a perfect place to enjoy a cocktail from Evan or Rochelle and then get treated like a king for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Perfect ending to a special DayHappyHappyDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a late evening dinner. The food and service was outstanding, literally one of the best meals that I have every experienced. This was our first visit, but I am certain we will go many more times.Special Features:
- Outstanding staff!Moshow36Dined on 8/15/2014This was my first experience dinning at Rue Dumaine and the level of personalized attention I received was unparalleled to anything I have experienced in the past. The chef was very personable and the staff very knowledgeable and attentive. I was surprised to find such quality authentic French cuisine in the Dayton area, truly it is a gem in gem city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vive La Rue Dumaine!Loulou347Dined on 8/13/2014Cathy does a great job at her restaurant and we are so blessed to have her in Dayton! The food is always wonderful, the menu changes so there is always something new to try. I've eaten there many times with clients and have always walked away pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- Best food in DaytonSkyboltohDined on 8/12/2014The French style preparations paired with local produce is a rare and satisfying treat. We feel lucky to have such a gem in the area. Ru Demaine is the standard for 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special night.HazelDined on 8/9/2014Great atmosphere, service excellent. Wine list very good, but Pinot Grigio was very weak. The Chenin Blanc was a much better choice. Red wines were also very good. It's a wonderful special occasion place to go. The chef is very talented. Great desserts.Special Features:
- Great timeBertramsDined on 8/9/2014Took some out-of-towners here for dinner and they were blown away by the meal. This is also one of the only places is Dayton where you can bring your own bottle of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rue Dumaine Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014The Chef Anne was amazing and so was the service. It was an incredible experience, all-around! I will be back.Special Features:
- A great find!BoneldaVIPDined on 8/8/2014We live near Cincinnati and just found this restaurant. We had a very good meal and plan to return.Special Features:
- BillDined on 8/2/2014Food. Service. Ambiance. Fabulous in every way! This restaurant is truly a Dayton area gem.Special Features:
- Over ittac95Dined on 8/1/2014The food was so average to below, except the heirloom tomato salad, which was seasonal & tasty. The waiter seemed busy & had monumental self esteem. I will stick to Gumbo Wednesdays for my future visits.Special Features:
- special occasion made more specialFall4aredheadDined on 8/1/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Rue Dumaine and it couldn't have been more special. They had the menus printed with an anniversary message across the top and the food and service far exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaytondocVIPDined on 8/1/2014Rue Dumaine is a Dayton gem! The head chef has world class credentials. And food to back it up. Chef Emeril (of TV fame) gives her great praise for helping him with his TV shows. And Chef Anne just keeps getting better and more creative. Rue Dumaine needs Dayton's support. All too often we assume great independent restaurants will just always be there for us. It's just not so. So think of Rue Dumaine for special dinners or when you want to be treated to luxurious food, fine wine and great service.Special Features:
- Rue DuMaine - wonderful experiencDuckDined on 7/25/2014The food preparation is exquisite and varied. Veggies are always fresh and entrees prepared are wonderful with a variety of sauces or not. The visit to each table by the chef is not just for show - she is a relationship builder. While we are visitors twice a year the general set of diners interact and appear to be friends. Tony is a super host and waiter and is always helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delightful eveningnameVIPDined on 7/19/2014Arrived Saturday night for 8p reservations; seated immediately; our server was always prompt, not pushy and knowledgeable about the wine list. If you've been here, you know how nice it is and if you haven't, it's time to begin.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Friendly, welcoming/ xkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkxkSpecial Features:
- pattpattDined on 7/18/2014As good as the best restaurants we've experienced in our travels to many of the major cities in the US over 25 years.Special Features:
- Scrumptious!seafoodDined on 7/18/2014When looking for food that explodes with flavors in your mouth with every bite, Rue Dumaine is that place!! The food is so fresh and flavorful, you can't eat it fast enough! My mouth waters when I think about how good my lunch was, and I can't wait to come back again for another experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very good mealdalylinkDined on 7/17/2014We had a very nice meal, as usual, starting with a perfectly dressed Dumaine salad among other appetizers. The lamb, pork medallions, short ribs and fried oysters were all very tasty. For dessert we had the lemon cake (always moist and flavorful) and my favorite, the cheese board.Special Features:
- BillDined on 7/16/2014Truly one of Dayton's dining gems. This restaurant regularly "wows" and never disappoints.Special Features:
- Always awesome.chrisnmegan4everVIPDined on 7/12/2014Yep. Awesome. Every time. Guaranteed. By far the best restaurant in Dayton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First, but not last vistithawksfanDined on 7/11/2014Nice selection of pre-meal drink specialties. Appetizer special of onion tart w/bacon was fantastic. Wife had duck breast special I had the lamb, both superb. Desserts of blueberry buckle (cobbler-ish) and tapioca pudding were a real treat. They were out of the wine we selected and offered to upsell with a mark down of about 20% from the menu price, which was more than fair and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKPhillipDined on 7/11/2014I have been two times. Booth times I leave thinking that the food could have been better. For the price of eating out you should leave felling totally satisfied. Not the case at a fine French restaurant. On the positive the wine list is great.Special Features:
- Love Rue Dumaine!BirthdaygirlDined on 7/11/2014As usual, great food and great service! It's our favorite place for lunch/dinner in Dayton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Voting with my $$TeraFirmaDined on 7/9/2014This is my absolute favorite restaurant in the Dayton region. If you're ever in the area, this one is not to be missed! Great for foodies with a very pleasant staff throughout.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent. The service was tremendous. We will go back again in the future.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant Value in TownpreprismDined on 7/1/2014Sumptuous food served by customer focused staff at 2/3s of what you would expect to pay. In addition to an authentic mixologist behind the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodspamanthaDined on 6/28/2014For those who like to savor textures, aromas, flavors, and plating, I would recommend no other restaurant I'm Dayton before Rue Dumaine. Everything from the complementary taster starter to the coffee was impeccable. I would love to dine here every week if cost was no concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2dineDined on 6/27/2014Despite all the positive review we read we were disappointed with the food preparation. Service however was very good. My wife ordered a "hanging" steak that was overcooked (burnt) and had a peculiar "fishy" taste to it - as if it was cooked in some fish oil. The fries were also too greasy. Finally, the dessert was something akin to a Sara Lee cake, and overpriced. We had anticipated a great evening dining out, and it was anything but. Hopefully our experience is the one regrettable exception to what everyone else has reported. We didn't complain to the staff - we just wanted to leave.
- Fantastic dining experienceLiveToEatDined on 6/21/2014From the moment you get sitted till you leave is a remarkable dining experience. Not just a meal but a culinary delight. Every dish was amazing and the service from our waitress Candice was outstanding. I love the fact they have an open kitchen and can watch the chefs at work. A major bonus is that they serve local produce and meats. We loved it so much we went again that week. Now one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good event celebration distinationiluvsnowDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Rue Dumaine. Food was very good and service terrific. Not anything special in ambience...I mean how can you be located in a strip center? All that being said...enjoyed the experience and will return.Special Features:
- AwesomeMalloyesqDined on 6/19/2014Best dining in southwest Ohio, Chef Anne makes it personal with visits to her guests tables, Evan is amazing bartender ( try and stump him). Great attention to detail from fresh and local ingredients to preparation and sauces to picturesque plating. A culinary MUST when visiting Dayton.Special Features:
- Fabulous DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We have been visiting Rue Dumaine since they opened. The food is wonderful. Chef Anne Kearny always has creative (and delicious) specials. The lemon cake is a wonderful way to end, although the ice creams and sorbets are amazing as well. We highly recommend Rue Dumaine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeCrabbyWomanDined on 6/17/2014We eat at Rue Dumaine since this is a wonderful place to eat! This is the BEST place in the Dayton area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.