1061 Miamisburg-Centerville Road
Centerville, OH 45459Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruedumainerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (937) 610-1061
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: Seating from 11:30am till 1:30pm Dinner: Seating Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anne Kearney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rue Dumaine offers special event catering thru our Catering Co., Terrebonne Catering. Please call Tom Sand @ 937-974-8876 for information.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Sand 9379748876
A word from Rue Dumaine
Chef Anne Kearney and Tom Sand Jr., co-proprietors, welcome you to their home! We have created a unique atmosphere where you can celebrate the good things in life, and put your cares on hold for a few hours. The décor has been created with many French bistro elements. Rue Dumaine specializes in an Americanized version of classic French flavors. Come savor duck rillette crepes, or indulge in crispy Herb de Provence frog legs, or a robust serving of Cabernet braised short ribs. Chef Anne is passionate about local ingredients such as honey, organic eggs, and all-natural chicken from Ed Hill’s farm in Xenia. Only the best artisan cheeses, gelato, vegetables and breads are brought in; everything else is prepared in-house. Menus change seasonally to accommodate fresh produce and seasonal specialties from local suppliers. The wine room is stocked with “wines from around the world” chosen from boutique wineries that exhibit “attention to detail” in all aspects of their winemaking process.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rue Dumaine - Best Restaurants in Dayton ›
Rue Dumaine reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (127)special occasion (125)notable wine list (93)neighborhood gem (77)romantic (65)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (30)good for groups (17)great for lunch (13)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent as always...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014This restaurant never disappoints! They always have the freshest local food. It is always prepared perfectly. They will accommodate any requests as it was my friend's birthday! It is my go to for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent dining spot in the neighborhoodpiggyeaterDined on 11/15/2014I was passing by the area and needed to find a good-enough restaurant for dinner and I found it in Rue Dumaine. The food was decent, although not earth-shattering. Food portion was on the small size for the price charged. Service was excellent though. For foodies, I'd say Rue Dumaine is not worth the detour.Special Features:
- local gem of a restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/14/2014We have been going to Rue Dumaine since it's inception, and still find the food, atmosphere and staff top notch. The food is spectacular, the wine list very good, and the evening always relaxing and enjoyable. Thank you, Anne and Tom!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/8/2014My husband enjoyed yet another superb meal and dining experience at Rue Dumaine. The food is always beyond expectation and the service is professional, knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. We have had server Candice twice now and she is outstanding. We have rarely had a better dining experience and to think you find this in a strip shopping center in Centerville is amazing! We drive about 30 miles for this experience and it's well worth the trip. Can't recommend it more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on my anniversaryGinaDined on 11/5/2014I was looking forward to eating here for the first time since it was recommended by many friends. It was empty and the cooks had little to do. Our server was very helpful and attentive. The wine, cheese plate, salad, & my bf's meal (pork medallions) were excellent. My trout was burnt. There were pieces of char in the sauce and on the fish. It left an acrid taste. I could not eat it. I never send food back but I had to. The chef came out to talk to me. Instead of apologizing for the mistake she proceeded to belittle me and make me feel like an ignorant hillbilly who had never eaten at a restaurant. She said she was sorry it didn't agree with me, and went on to explain how a brown butter sauce was made. All I know is it was obviously burnt.
- The Best!JonBDined on 11/1/2014I have been eating Anne's food since she was Peristyle in New Orleans, when she was the talk of the town there as she is here now. For over 10 years I am simply amazed, pleased, delighted to be a 'customer' (I feel like a guest). Her food is on its own level and can hold her own with any restaurant within 100 miles (I am from Cincinnati so we have a few stars of our own). The local sourcing adds another level. I can sense her involvement in every detail and it shines. Her husband is there as well as part of the team making sure all enjoy. The ambience and joy of eating at a serious restaurants such as this has the noise level and tone of many people enjoying the food, the company and those around them. A delightful celebration for sure!Special Features:
- A Gem in Hidden PlacesgrandpoobahDined on 11/1/2014Whenever we find it necessary to drive to the area, we make it a point to dine at Rue Domaine. We have always found the menu interesting and the food preparation especially rewarding. I don't quite understand how such a very good restaurant thrives in this rather odd and off the beaten track location, but it does, and we are happy that it does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendydelTasteepalateDined on 10/25/2014Always a tasty treat to have Anne Kearney and her staff make me dinner. Creatively and expertly prepared food in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Friday LunchvisitingfishermanVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had lunch at Rue Dumaine which only opens for lunch on Fridays. The menu is a little limited as everything is prepared for this single meal. All choices are excellent and usually a little out of the ordinary. I would recommend a glass of wine if you are having a leisurely lunch as the selections are excellent. We normally both have the soup of the day and my wife usually has the chief’s special, which is frequently the same as the chief’s special from Thursday diner but at half the price. Chef/Owner Anne Kearney is usually in the house and finds time to talk with her guest and tell them she appreciates their dinning with her.Special Features:
- Love itBrianDined on 10/18/2014Very happy this restaurant is in our neighborhood. Will always dine there. The staff is great and Chef Anne is awesome. She comes out and talks to you. She even answers the business phone some times. Thank you Anne for a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experience at Rue DumaineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I went to Rue Dumaine for a nice dinner with my girlfriend and it was great. The servers were very thorough and knew the dishes very well. The food was excellent and the environment was very pleasing. Also the chef was going around and introducing herself to customer with was a very nice touch and made the experience a lot more personable. It's a little expensive but it's totaly worth it. Great place for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How to celebrate an anniversarywilltravel2dineDined on 10/17/2014Go to Rue Dumaine to celebrate anything! Oh, look it's Tuesday! Hey, it's raining! Well, you get the idea. The food is delicious. The service outstanding. The Friday evening we were there the feature was a beef medallion that was wonderful and the tomato salad amazing, top that off with a chocolate gelato from Michigan and it was truly a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014For the first time in my life I would ask Anne, the chef and owner, to make me something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DininggreatfoodnpeopleDined on 10/14/2014We go to Rue Dumaine for most special occasions. And also for non occasions. It's a bit of a drive for us, but have dinner there frequently. Very personalized! Including personal greetings from Anne. We love going there. JoeB beavercreek, OHSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Very creative salads. Apple salad was highly unusual and special. Tried 4 entrees. All were good. Pork loin was excellent, especially sauce. Try the gelatos. Wait staff highly experienced and professional. Owner/chef visits tables and sets the tone and quality level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susieDined on 10/4/2014Food was very good. A bit too much time between the appetizer and main meal. Service very attentive. Liked the atmosphere and not easy to hear others conversation, but then we didn't have anyone right beside us until dessert, so that helped too. Would enjoy going back and recommending it to friends. Chef was out and about although we didn't have a chance to speak with her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- see belowGoldenDined on 10/4/2014Our Meals were terrific but the vegys, brussel sprouts were way too greasy or buttery. The beer was way too expensive and no beers on tap so you can't try first and no local breweries are a must! the dessert menu had nothing we were interested in, like something Pumpkin or cobbler? Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversery Celebration!LLL3Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary! I had shared with the restaurant that we were celebrating our anniversary and they made sure we had a wonderful experience; everything from having Happy 20th Anniversary on our menus to bringing us a glass of champagne. Truly amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemDoubleDealDined on 10/3/2014We recently began dining at this amazing restaurant. It has consistently been top notch. Wonderful food, lovely presentation, and the best wait staff! We plan to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rue dumaine restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Best restaurant in dayton!! Always good. Keep it up Anne!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made for a Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and I dined at Rue Dumaine last week as a belated anniversary celebration and we could not have been happier with our experience. We were greeted by the friendly hostess immediately upon entering and were seated at a great table in the corner of the restaurant which was quiet and intimate. We were given a terrific little taster sample of smoked salmon & capers on a crustini. Our waiter was attentive but not to the point of irritation. He made a great wine recommendation that we appreciated. I had steak frites and an heirloom tomato salad and my wife had a dinner portion of scallops as well as the tomato salad too. Both meals were cooked to perfection and quite tasty. Sadly we had to skip dessert, but next time!Special Features:
- Fabulous DiningThreekidzmomDined on 10/2/2014If you want to escape to Paris for the night, Rue Dumaine is the place to go. The food is excellent, the waiters/ waitresses are so kind and helpful with any questions and the atmosphere is classy and mature. If you like healthy food prepared like no place else, go have dinner at Rue DumaineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KrisDined on 9/27/2014We visited especially for the venison that was on the menu. It was amazing!Special Features:
- Waffle, mushrooms, cheese- oh,my!CincynaplesVIPDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic meal at Rue Dumaine- each small plate featured an unusual, but very tasty, twist. Waffles with smooth local cheese topped with mushroom Ragusa was top notch. Chef Anne Kearney charms the room and still manages to keep up with the kitchen. Excellent food excellent service, casual but elegant setting. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow service.ckccbrownDined on 9/26/2014We were seated immediately, and had our appetizer within 15 minutes, but we had to ask our waitress for our main course at the one hour mark. It took us 1.5 jours from seating to leaving, just too long for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/20/2014Rue is always terrific; this night it was not up to it's usual excellence, but it is still very good. The food didn't taste quite up to par; the service was only fair, where 9 out of 10 times the service is excellent; and our cocktail was definitely sub par. I think we hit an off night, but we still love this place!Special Features:
- Best fine dining in Miami ValleyItalianwannabeDined on 9/20/2014Rue Dumaine is probably best overall in the Miami Valley. Interesting menu, well executed, great bar and servers. And in the nicest touch of hospitality, Anne Kearney usually comes out of the kitchen to say hello to diners.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceUpstateNYDined on 9/20/2014From arrival to departure Rue DuMaine was a wonderful experience. This was our first time here and it's on our list of places to dine on our return trips to Dayton.Special Features:
- DineWellDined on 9/19/2014The food is wonderful. It was my birthday and they greeted it with style.oSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This was our second visit to Rue Domaine. Yet again, another flawless evening with great food, service, and drinks. The owner seems to make it around to every table to ensure you are satisfied with your experience. My wife and I will definitely visit this establishment again. I highly recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends. We have lived in the Dayton area for nearly 10 years and this is by far the best food we have ever had.Special Features:
- luvg8restaurantsDined on 9/19/2014We have eaten at Rue Dumaine every time we have visited the Dayton in the past 4 years. It has always been a stellar dining experience. The food and attention to detail is extraordinary.Special Features:
- Rue Dumaine - Outstanding & UniquevisitingfishermanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Chef/Owner Anne Kearney usually finds time to talk with her guest and tell them she appreciates their dinning with her. The entire staff is well versed in the menu and the wine list. We had lunch at Rue Dumaine which only opens for lunch on Fridays. The menu is a little limited as everything is prepared for this single meal. All choices are excellent and usually a little out of the ordinary. Prices are very reasonable considering preparation and quality. Last Friday Anne offered a duck gumbo that was excellent and a swordfish with a New Orleans flare that was outstanding. Rue Dumaine has a good selection of wine by the glass at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Anniversary DateRoyHDined on 9/18/2014Having been accustomed to a high standard of cooking and service, our latest visit was somewhat of a disappointment. The quality of food remains high, but the presentation/plating of the main courses was poor. A positive note - an outstanding "pinot noir", recommended by the bar staff, was truly deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaraFDined on 9/18/2014We ate here in honor of my son's 18th birthday. The hostess, server and restaurant owner/chef all wished him a happy birthday, spent time talking to him and thanked him for dining with them. There was even a birthday greeting printed at the top of each of our menus! The service is impeccable and the food is very unique. Each dish is made from scratch. The endive salad is especially recommended! My only disappointment was that some of our dishes were overly salty/seasoned.Special Features:
- Best of Dayton, OhioFood4funDined on 9/17/2014We are foodies and typically can't find many restaurants in the Dayton area worth a second visit. Rue is our go-to place for well-designed and executed dishes worthy of out-of-town friends, special occasions, and when you just need a well-cooked meal. Chefs, both head and sous, are always at the front of the house checking with diners. Consistently high quality with a continental flair unlike anywhere else in Dayton- along with damn good bartenders- makes this restaurant one to which we often return.Special Features:
- AMAZING RestaurantWoods85Dined on 9/13/2014I dined at this restaurant on my birthday (09/13/2014), and a friend treated me. Words cannot explain how ridiculously amazing the food is at this place! The blend of flavors and creative sauces and dishes that the chef(s) create is just phenomenal. I ordered a bass dish (off the menu), and I've not tasted bass prepared and cooked in that way. Ever. AMAZING service; Brittany (sp) was our server that evening, and it was quite apparent that she had a passion and love for the French cuisine and was more than attentive to our needs. I will DEFINITELY return to this restaurant for any special occasion! Amazing, amazing, amazing!Special Features:
- we must be more experimentalletsgoeatVIPDined on 9/12/2014We should try more new items on menu yet we have difficulty getting away from the braised ribs or lemon almond cake or . . . . We love the Winds, Meadowlark, and others, yet Rue Dumaine is in a class by itself.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFoodieatheartDined on 9/12/2014The service was outstanding. I had the duck and it was very good. My husband's lamb was not to his liking and the waiter told the chef and the chef came out, took it back and came back to make sure the new one was ok. We had a long discussion with Brian, the chef, about food and the restaurant. It was refreshing to see a chef so involved with his customer and the pride he took in his food. Our waiter, James, was equally as solicitous as the chef and just a pleasure to deal with. We go out to dinner every Friday, so we know what service can be and more importantly, not be--this experience made our friday ritual extra special.Special Features:
- walflwr2walflwr2VIPDined on 9/11/2014What a neighborhood treasure! We went here for the first time, scoping it out for a group occasion we have doing up, and we are delighted we did. Service was speedy, friendly, efficient and never overbearing. The food was amazing, from the tasty amuse bouche to the last spoonful of sorbet. At one point, Anne Kearney herself came to our table to introduce herself and to check how we were enjoying out meal to that point. Everything about our time there was amazing and we can't wait to show this gem to our friends!Special Features:
- The best in the Area - A MustRicoRicanVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have been long time customers and we are never disappointed. Food, service, ambient and atmosphere are excellent! Wine and cocktails are a must and the menu is top quality. Ask the server to pair your meal with a selection of wine, always a perfect match. We are glad to have this gem in the area, one of a kind restaurant.Special Features: