1061 Miamisburg-Centerville Road
Centerville, OH 45459Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruedumainerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9376101061
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: Seating from 11:30am till 1:30pm Dinner: Seating Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Executive Chef: Anne Kearney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rue Dumaine offers special event catering thru our Catering Co., Terrebonne Catering. Please call Tom Sand @ 937-974-8876 for information.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Sand 9379748876
A word from Rue Dumaine
Chef Anne Kearney and Tom Sand Jr., co-proprietors, welcome you to their home! We have created a unique atmosphere where you can celebrate the good things in life, and put your cares on hold for a few hours. The décor has been created with many French bistro elements. Rue Dumaine specializes in an Americanized version of classic French flavors. Come savor duck rillette crepes, or indulge in crispy Herb de Provence frog legs, or a robust serving of Cabernet braised short ribs. Chef Anne is passionate about local ingredients such as honey, organic eggs, and all-natural chicken from Ed Hill’s farm in Xenia. Only the best artisan cheeses, gelato, vegetables and breads are brought in; everything else is prepared in-house. Menus change seasonally to accommodate fresh produce and seasonal specialties from local suppliers. The wine room is stocked with “wines from around the world” chosen from boutique wineries that exhibit “attention to detail” in all aspects of their winemaking process.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rue Dumaine - Best Restaurants in Dayton ›
Rue Dumaine reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (116)notable wine list (88)neighborhood gem (72)romantic (63)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (25)good for groups (17)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- my experience at Rue DumaineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I went to Rue Dumaine for a nice dinner with my girlfriend and it was great. The servers were very thorough and knew the dishes very well. The food was excellent and the environment was very pleasing. Also the chef was going around and introducing herself to customer with was a very nice touch and made the experience a lot more personable. It's a little expensive but it's totaly worth it. Great place for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DininggreatfoodnpeopleDined on 10/14/2014We go to Rue Dumaine for most special occasions. And also for non occasions. It's a bit of a drive for us, but have dinner there frequently. Very personalized! Including personal greetings from Anne. We love going there. JoeB beavercreek, OHSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Very creative salads. Apple salad was highly unusual and special. Tried 4 entrees. All were good. Pork loin was excellent, especially sauce. Try the gelatos. Wait staff highly experienced and professional. Owner/chef visits tables and sets the tone and quality level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susieDined on 10/4/2014Food was very good. A bit too much time between the appetizer and main meal. Service very attentive. Liked the atmosphere and not easy to hear others conversation, but then we didn't have anyone right beside us until dessert, so that helped too. Would enjoy going back and recommending it to friends. Chef was out and about although we didn't have a chance to speak with her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- see belowGoldenDined on 10/4/2014Our Meals were terrific but the vegys, brussel sprouts were way too greasy or buttery. The beer was way too expensive and no beers on tap so you can't try first and no local breweries are a must! the dessert menu had nothing we were interested in, like something Pumpkin or cobbler? Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversery Celebration!LLL3Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary! I had shared with the restaurant that we were celebrating our anniversary and they made sure we had a wonderful experience; everything from having Happy 20th Anniversary on our menus to bringing us a glass of champagne. Truly amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemDoubleDealDined on 10/3/2014We recently began dining at this amazing restaurant. It has consistently been top notch. Wonderful food, lovely presentation, and the best wait staff! We plan to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rue dumaine restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Best restaurant in dayton!! Always good. Keep it up Anne!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made for a Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and I dined at Rue Dumaine last week as a belated anniversary celebration and we could not have been happier with our experience. We were greeted by the friendly hostess immediately upon entering and were seated at a great table in the corner of the restaurant which was quiet and intimate. We were given a terrific little taster sample of smoked salmon & capers on a crustini. Our waiter was attentive but not to the point of irritation. He made a great wine recommendation that we appreciated. I had steak frites and an heirloom tomato salad and my wife had a dinner portion of scallops as well as the tomato salad too. Both meals were cooked to perfection and quite tasty. Sadly we had to skip dessert, but next time!Special Features:
- Fabulous DiningThreekidzmomDined on 10/2/2014If you want to escape to Paris for the night, Rue Dumaine is the place to go. The food is excellent, the waiters/ waitresses are so kind and helpful with any questions and the atmosphere is classy and mature. If you like healthy food prepared like no place else, go have dinner at Rue DumaineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KrisDined on 9/27/2014We visited especially for the venison that was on the menu. It was amazing!Special Features:
- Waffle, mushrooms, cheese- oh,my!CincynaplesVIPDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic meal at Rue Dumaine- each small plate featured an unusual, but very tasty, twist. Waffles with smooth local cheese topped with mushroom Ragusa was top notch. Chef Anne Kearney charms the room and still manages to keep up with the kitchen. Excellent food excellent service, casual but elegant setting. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow service.ckccbrownDined on 9/26/2014We were seated immediately, and had our appetizer within 15 minutes, but we had to ask our waitress for our main course at the one hour mark. It took us 1.5 jours from seating to leaving, just too long for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/20/2014Rue is always terrific; this night it was not up to it's usual excellence, but it is still very good. The food didn't taste quite up to par; the service was only fair, where 9 out of 10 times the service is excellent; and our cocktail was definitely sub par. I think we hit an off night, but we still love this place!Special Features:
- Best fine dining in Miami ValleyItalianwannabeDined on 9/20/2014Rue Dumaine is probably best overall in the Miami Valley. Interesting menu, well executed, great bar and servers. And in the nicest touch of hospitality, Anne Kearney usually comes out of the kitchen to say hello to diners.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceUpstateNYDined on 9/20/2014From arrival to departure Rue DuMaine was a wonderful experience. This was our first time here and it's on our list of places to dine on our return trips to Dayton.Special Features:
- DineWellDined on 9/19/2014The food is wonderful. It was my birthday and they greeted it with style.oSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This was our second visit to Rue Domaine. Yet again, another flawless evening with great food, service, and drinks. The owner seems to make it around to every table to ensure you are satisfied with your experience. My wife and I will definitely visit this establishment again. I highly recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends. We have lived in the Dayton area for nearly 10 years and this is by far the best food we have ever had.Special Features:
- luvg8restaurantsDined on 9/19/2014We have eaten at Rue Dumaine every time we have visited the Dayton in the past 4 years. It has always been a stellar dining experience. The food and attention to detail is extraordinary.Special Features:
- Rue Dumaine - Outstanding & UniquevisitingfishermanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Chef/Owner Anne Kearney usually finds time to talk with her guest and tell them she appreciates their dinning with her. The entire staff is well versed in the menu and the wine list. We had lunch at Rue Dumaine which only opens for lunch on Fridays. The menu is a little limited as everything is prepared for this single meal. All choices are excellent and usually a little out of the ordinary. Prices are very reasonable considering preparation and quality. Last Friday Anne offered a duck gumbo that was excellent and a swordfish with a New Orleans flare that was outstanding. Rue Dumaine has a good selection of wine by the glass at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Anniversary DateRoyHDined on 9/18/2014Having been accustomed to a high standard of cooking and service, our latest visit was somewhat of a disappointment. The quality of food remains high, but the presentation/plating of the main courses was poor. A positive note - an outstanding "pinot noir", recommended by the bar staff, was truly deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaraFDined on 9/18/2014We ate here in honor of my son's 18th birthday. The hostess, server and restaurant owner/chef all wished him a happy birthday, spent time talking to him and thanked him for dining with them. There was even a birthday greeting printed at the top of each of our menus! The service is impeccable and the food is very unique. Each dish is made from scratch. The endive salad is especially recommended! My only disappointment was that some of our dishes were overly salty/seasoned.Special Features:
- Best of Dayton, OhioFood4funDined on 9/17/2014We are foodies and typically can't find many restaurants in the Dayton area worth a second visit. Rue is our go-to place for well-designed and executed dishes worthy of out-of-town friends, special occasions, and when you just need a well-cooked meal. Chefs, both head and sous, are always at the front of the house checking with diners. Consistently high quality with a continental flair unlike anywhere else in Dayton- along with damn good bartenders- makes this restaurant one to which we often return.Special Features:
- AMAZING RestaurantWoods85Dined on 9/13/2014I dined at this restaurant on my birthday (09/13/2014), and a friend treated me. Words cannot explain how ridiculously amazing the food is at this place! The blend of flavors and creative sauces and dishes that the chef(s) create is just phenomenal. I ordered a bass dish (off the menu), and I've not tasted bass prepared and cooked in that way. Ever. AMAZING service; Brittany (sp) was our server that evening, and it was quite apparent that she had a passion and love for the French cuisine and was more than attentive to our needs. I will DEFINITELY return to this restaurant for any special occasion! Amazing, amazing, amazing!Special Features:
- we must be more experimentalletsgoeatVIPDined on 9/12/2014We should try more new items on menu yet we have difficulty getting away from the braised ribs or lemon almond cake or . . . . We love the Winds, Meadowlark, and others, yet Rue Dumaine is in a class by itself.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFoodieatheartDined on 9/12/2014The service was outstanding. I had the duck and it was very good. My husband's lamb was not to his liking and the waiter told the chef and the chef came out, took it back and came back to make sure the new one was ok. We had a long discussion with Brian, the chef, about food and the restaurant. It was refreshing to see a chef so involved with his customer and the pride he took in his food. Our waiter, James, was equally as solicitous as the chef and just a pleasure to deal with. We go out to dinner every Friday, so we know what service can be and more importantly, not be--this experience made our friday ritual extra special.Special Features:
- walflwr2walflwr2VIPDined on 9/11/2014What a neighborhood treasure! We went here for the first time, scoping it out for a group occasion we have doing up, and we are delighted we did. Service was speedy, friendly, efficient and never overbearing. The food was amazing, from the tasty amuse bouche to the last spoonful of sorbet. At one point, Anne Kearney herself came to our table to introduce herself and to check how we were enjoying out meal to that point. Everything about our time there was amazing and we can't wait to show this gem to our friends!Special Features:
- The best in the Area - A MustRicoRicanVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have been long time customers and we are never disappointed. Food, service, ambient and atmosphere are excellent! Wine and cocktails are a must and the menu is top quality. Ask the server to pair your meal with a selection of wine, always a perfect match. We are glad to have this gem in the area, one of a kind restaurant.Special Features:
- Rue DumaineWineguy69Dined on 8/28/2014One of Ohio's truly talented Chefs who works thru mostly local producers!Special Features:
- Gem hidden in a strip mallMerlotMaryDined on 8/23/2014Don't pass this one up just because you can't readily see it from the street. The food is amazing; very high end. A friendly couple at the table next to us shared a taste of their Merlot which was some of the best I've had. They were going to take the bottle with them to see if the local liquor store carried the same label. (I wrote it down myself). We made reservations the day ahead and could only get a 5:30 seating, but we took our time and never felt rushed, even as the room started to fill up. We brought with us friends from the Chicagoland area and they were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual great service fell shortCincynaplesVIPDined on 8/22/2014Regular diners at Rue Dumaine. The menu is fantastic- fresh and local food is featured- and the preparation of each dish is absolutely perfect. Chef Anne Kearney is imaginative, attentive and has no equal in the Dayton area. Our complaint? After being seated (table of 6), ordering cocktails and wine, our server did not take our order until one hour after we had been seated. It made for a late night since we had driven from another county just to enjoy this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GliamanGliamanDined on 8/22/2014Excellent dinner as always. Get the corner table if possible - it's more cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Rue Dumainewilltravel2dineDined on 8/19/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Rue Dumaine. The food is outstanding and the service always impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurantsCriswellDined on 8/19/2014We always enjoy coming to Rue Dumaine. The food is wonderful and we like supporting local restaurants. The owner/chef never fails to come to the table to see how we enjoyed our meals (she does this with every table) and she is a very nice person. This particular experience was not the best, which was too bad, since it was our 40th anniversary celebration. My wife had enjoyed a cocktail called the "Aperol Spritz" in Florence, Italy a couple of months ago and she asked our server if the bar had Aperol. He quickly said "I have never heard of it and never bothered to ask. She ordered something else and when the owner came to the table it turns out that they did have it That soured the evening. The food was fabulous, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rue Dumaine RocksdoctorGDined on 8/16/2014best chef/restaurant/service/food in the country. The bar is my second home, a perfect place to enjoy a cocktail from Evan or Rochelle and then get treated like a king for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Perfect ending to a special DayHappyHappyDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a late evening dinner. The food and service was outstanding, literally one of the best meals that I have every experienced. This was our first visit, but I am certain we will go many more times.Special Features:
- Outstanding staff!Moshow36Dined on 8/15/2014This was my first experience dinning at Rue Dumaine and the level of personalized attention I received was unparalleled to anything I have experienced in the past. The chef was very personable and the staff very knowledgeable and attentive. I was surprised to find such quality authentic French cuisine in the Dayton area, truly it is a gem in gem city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vive La Rue Dumaine!Loulou347Dined on 8/13/2014Cathy does a great job at her restaurant and we are so blessed to have her in Dayton! The food is always wonderful, the menu changes so there is always something new to try. I've eaten there many times with clients and have always walked away pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- Best food in DaytonSkyboltohDined on 8/12/2014The French style preparations paired with local produce is a rare and satisfying treat. We feel lucky to have such a gem in the area. Ru Demaine is the standard for 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special night.HazelDined on 8/9/2014Great atmosphere, service excellent. Wine list very good, but Pinot Grigio was very weak. The Chenin Blanc was a much better choice. Red wines were also very good. It's a wonderful special occasion place to go. The chef is very talented. Great desserts.Special Features: