60 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rue57.com/#Home
- Phone: 2123075656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:30am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Rich Robson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rue 57
Rue 57 is a French American Brasserie with a sushi bar located in Midtown Manhattan just blocks away from Central Park. We open for breakfast daily at 7:30AM and 9AM on the weekends. Join us after a day of shopping, or on your way to the theater at night. Our menu includes such favorites as the Brasserie Benedict, Brioche French Toast, our Classic Steak Frites, the delicious Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass. Our bar offers specialty cocktails, wine list and tasty draft and bottle beers. You can also sit and enjoy our succulent Sushi.Continued
We look forward to serving you!
We look forward to serving you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rue 57 reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (93)great for brunch (87)neighborhood gem (87)great for outdoor dining (58)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (48)special occasion (44)hot spot (40)romantic (35)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (8)notable wine list (6)Show More
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We found this restaurant about 7 years ago by accident and have been coming back ever since. It is one of our favorites when visiting NY. The only downside is the service. Food is great but the service has been declining over the last few years. Still worth trying for a good meal before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch - Just Do It!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/30/2014Brunch: Great selection, something for everyone. One friend had an omlete, another sushi & fresh berries, and me a tuna nicoise. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot!ortoneVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great blue cheese hamburger with frites! Wish our server had been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Bistro w/ killer breakfastsJoKoDined on 8/28/2014I had a smoked salmon salmon eggs benedict which was very good. There coffee was better than average. The wait staff was freindly and attentive. I took the bus from the Ferry Terminal and the number 57 from Port Imperial Waterways stopped right in front of the bistro. I arrived early thinking I'd have to do some walking once I got off the bus. I mentioned that I was early but had no problem getting a seat. Whew.Special Features:
- Great location and foodRahnycDined on 8/27/2014If you are only going to be in Manhattan for a day and are in Midtown West this is a place you will want to dine at some point in the day. There are hundreds of places to eat in NYC but this is one that you will remember long after you have departed the city. A good size menu, plus decent wine bar equates to a wonderful dining experience during your visit.Special Features:
- A definitive favourite if mine!eloiDined on 8/26/2014You have the great food, the cozy and charming atmosphere and then that great service to complement it all. Always a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok...JulienNewYorkVIPDined on 8/25/2014But my mother got iced tea spilled on her, I had to ask 5 times for lemon in the water and had to go take it, my salad came not at all the way I asked for it - and still had chicken after sending it back to got the $3 substitute buy shrimps (so I paid $12 extra...), tabasco came after the fries were finished , I am still waiting to be offered some bread, etc... Took 3 espressos instead of deserts, they should have been offered given the lunch we had. Food is not bad, portions are very decent, service was so-so, and a gesture to compensate would have been appreciated.Special Features:
- bad serviceunhappycustomerDined on 8/23/2014I was here to celebrate my anniversary and I had a horrible time. First they got my order wrong. When the waitress asked me how is it. After some hesitation i decided to say. You know what.. its fine. My mistake but I was clearly upset and she should have pushed the issue. she just walked away. I tried to enjoy my meal but i just couldnt. I brely touch the plate. I try to get her attention and she made every effort to ignore me. When my fiance was done with his meal she came by and toke the plates. Not even comenting or asking why i havent touch the plate. On top of that the women who was training with the waitress was such a grump about taking a picture when we first got to the restaurant. This place ruined my dateSpecial Features:
- A frequent visitor to NYCGordonVIPDined on 8/21/2014Rue 57 was chosen by my daughter for lunch, having the choice of any restaurant in NYC. Wonderful experience. So the next night I had a very nice dinner party there. First rate. It is now on my "must" list for all visits to NYC. Very convenient to the Plaza, another plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I highly reccommend Rue 57!JimmydDined on 8/19/2014I love the vibe of Rue. At a recent lunch I had the chopped cob salad which was excellent. Great portion size and very fresh ingredients. Service was very attentive, maybe a bit rushed, but we took our time and it was fine.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Really great service and ambiance! Our waiter could sell ice to Eskimos but we are so glad we tried the cheesecakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for poor foodDisapointedDined on 8/9/2014Having a birthday celebration late dinner there was a real disapoiment, plan not to return there.
- ALEXDined on 8/9/2014Great service, friendly and fast. The table was ready eventhough we showed up early. The food is great for brunch! I had tried dinner too which is also very recomendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- djm22Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had very good dinners at Rue 57. We usually come in just for drinks, but the menu has always looked interesting, such that we decided to come in for dinner. We really enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No WarmthBearVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have eaten here many times. The food is very good. The portions generous. The staff and kitchen efficient and consistent. But there is no warmth and no soul to this place. The patrons are nameless, faceless numbers to the staff. There is no engagement. The staff looks at you without seeing you. Sometimes they look away - for their next task, probably - before even finishing the sentence they are saying. A very acceptable location for a business lunch or dinner, but an unsatisfying dining experience.
- FrancophileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Love this place the mussels are to die for and so are the pommes frites. The chopped salad is a great starter . The Hanger Steak is always a reliable choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BadExperienceDined on 8/4/2014We had reservations for 7 and they tried to seat us at a table for 6. I told her that it was set for six and she looked confused and then left us standing there. I told them it was set for six and there was no room for 7 because if you sit someone at the end then the servers can't get by. She said we can wait for another table but could not tell us how long it would be. Finally the Manager came over and found a different table for 6 where the end was not in the middle of an aisle. We waited an hour for food. I received my onion soup with no spoon. When we received our main courses my friend got a raw hamburger and again it took the manager to get it fixed. There was many more but I could not fit in all in due to the character limit.
- RON1RON1Dined on 8/2/2014RUE 57, GREAT Food. A special place in NY. A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 minute wait with reservationJay1Dined on 7/31/2014We were having a going away lunch for a dear coworker. We all arrived on time for our reservation but still had to wait 25 minutes to be seated. The food was delicious but because there were too many diners and not enough servers, the service was not great. The Chicken Scallopini was tasty, served with spinach and crispy onions. The truffle fries were great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014Loved the chocolate and almond croissants they gave for free while we waited for our meal on a busy Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently am good FoodBarnstablerwVIPDined on 7/26/2014Everything we have ordered from the menu has been excellent. One specific item, while this us by no means a burger joint, they gave one of the best burgers in town. It is served with authentic pome frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceCAA1VIPDined on 7/25/2014Wish we had had more rime to enjoy. We had theater tickets and told our waiter so. He was very accommodating. Our food came out quickly with no compromise in its quality. We'll definitely visit again and take more time to savor the scene and the delicious food.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!dbm4624VIPDined on 7/25/2014Attentive, professional and courteous servers, a wonderfully eclectic menu, a kitchen that delivers on its promise, all at a price I'd consider more than reasonable for Manhattan; what more could we ask for? We had dinner last Friday night, followed by brunch on Saturday, and will most definately return the next time we are in the city!Special Features:
- always good!JamieVIPDined on 7/25/2014I prefer tuna tartare to what I ordered!! (Salad nicoise -too vinegary dressy)Special Features:
- Wonderful PlaceNewYorkAllanDined on 7/24/2014Excellent French brasserie conveniently located in midtown. Only word of caution: during Manhattan rush hour, the noise level is off the charts. Once the traffic and buses and outdoors bedlam have subsided, and it gets quieter (say around 7:30), this place becomes a charming and delicious dining spot. Their roast chicken is particularly wonderful; perfectly cooked and served with crunchy haricot vert greenbeans. Great hand cut french fries, too. Friendly service helps, as well. The staff will go out of their way to seat you where you're most comfortable. I'll definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeTee2Dined on 7/23/2014I've been going to this restaurant for years. It is still as vibrant a scene as when it first opened. The menu is extensive, I've never had a bad meal. The sushi is really good, very fresh. The truffle fries are amazing. Desserts are awesome. There are alot of different people to be seen here, from tourists to locals to business guys in suits, but they all blend together harmoniously. Lunch and dinner, there is always a full house. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- fun timelighthouse2014Dined on 7/22/2014The server was entertaining and the food was inventiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little noisyGGSTDined on 7/18/2014Love this place. Great food and consistent service. Its a little too noisy and the tables are too close to each other.Special Features:
- Nice LunchMadisonDined on 7/16/2014Business lunch to celebrate our summer interns. Waiter was spot-on with everything. Everyone enjoyed their food. Noise level is very high, however, the place is popular and was packed.Special Features:
- Great Food!VDayDinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was exceptional and the drinks weren't bad either. We had a table in the doorway which was like indoor/outdoor eating midday. It was great!Special Features:
- kathyVIPDined on 7/9/2014Great speacial brwakfast place - great menu and beautiful ambience. Our server was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great Ambience.QuasiFoodieDined on 7/6/2014We were visiting NY and staying at the Peninsula. They recommended Rue 57 as it's only 2 blocks away. It's in a perfect location right on 6th avenue (and 57th, hence the name), and feels like a little cafe in Paris. There are a few tables outside but we chose to sit inside due to the heat. The service was great. We had the Grilled Cheese and fries. Sounds simple but it was SO good. We went back for brunch and it was just OK but definitely not bad, otherwise I'd rate 5 stars! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- NewYorkteddy8Dined on 7/4/2014Lunch on July 4th, everything about it was fantastic, burger with truffle fries out of this world. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014I went with my gf for the first time for a dinner. Must say the shrimp tempura, dumplings and mini kobe burgers are a must have. Our service was great!!. We literally received our food 5 minutes after odering it and our waiters were very attentive to us. Great place to go with a date, friends or family. Will deft be going back!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good - BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014the service was SO poor that I will not be back. Maybe it was just a fluke - I have had no complaints before - but it is not worth the chance. In a quality restaurant, there should not be good nights/bad nights or good food/bad food. Consistency is key.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/30/2014i AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO COME HERE WITH MY FRIENDS DUE TO THE EXCELLENT SERVICE AND FINE FOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Like Outdoor DiningCurlzDined on 6/30/2014Early morning breakfast in New York City with all of the doors open was nearly outdoor dinning. It didn't hurt that Pierce Brosnan showed up for breakfast either. Excellent coffee, fine pastries and a breeze. LovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great night!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Our last night in town was spent at Rue 57!! Great food, good service, excellent ambience and good conversation with other diners!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for my groupIdonotcookDined on 6/29/2014We were 8 at brunch and everyone was happy. The kids had small burgers and the adults had lots of choices. However, Bloody Mary's had to be sent back till they were right but small problem when all else was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/26/2014It's a bit too noisy but not unbearable. I wish there were a way to give a rating half-way between moderate and energetic!Special Features: