60 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rue57.com/#Home
- Phone: 2123075656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:30am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Rich Robson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rue 57
Rue 57 is a French American Brasserie with a sushi bar located in Midtown Manhattan just blocks away from Central Park. We open for breakfast daily at 7:30AM and 9AM on the weekends. Join us after a day of shopping, or on your way to the theater at night. Our menu includes such favorites as the Brasserie Benedict, Brioche French Toast, our Classic Steak Frites, the delicious Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass. Our bar offers specialty cocktails, wine list and tasty draft and bottle beers. You can also sit and enjoy our succulent Sushi.Continued
We look forward to serving you!
We look forward to serving you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rue 57 reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (87)neighborhood gem (85)great for brunch (77)fit for foodies (61)great for outdoor dining (60)good for groups (43)hot spot (42)romantic (35)special occasion (32)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (10)scenic view (9)Show More
- Great selection of food!WeekendwarriorVIPDined on 10/18/2014Love the ambiance and food selection. Had a filet that was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another solid visit!GmanVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was great as always... The servers were all great... Hostess accommodating.... Always enjoy it and appreciate that they treat you well each time like your first..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Servicecmporter16VIPDined on 10/15/2014Our waiter was amazing; sense of humor, witty and seemed to genuinely like his job. If he is an actor, i suspect he will be sweeping the academy in a few years. Great drinks, solid food choices, sushi suprisingly fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Restaurant - Not so FrenchRicDDined on 10/13/2014I expected a nice French restaurant that I am used to when I frequent Paris. Other than the name, not much French about it. I ordered the special (scallops) as recommended by the waiter but it was overloaded with salt and I had to send it back. I then ordered a sushi (French?) plate that was very good. The mushroom soup special was outstanding; I split it with my wife, and she enjoyed the pork sliders. Open Table lists the restaurand with two $$. I'm not sure what that means but my bill for two was a bit over $100. That included a drink and a beer, and two coffees after dinner. Overall, a reasonable NYC dinner for two but I had expected a French restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FishBB13VIPDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful meals which included the "best Dover Sole ever" proclaimed by my wife. I had blackened tuna which was excellent along with some of the best french fries ever eaten by us. Food wise recommend highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Lunch on a Beautiful Day!ChrisGDined on 10/12/2014Rue 57 was the perfect stop after a beautiful bike ride in the park. We had a wonderful lunch and outstanding service. Standouts: Tuna Nicoise Salade, The Ruben, and the Brasserie Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfastjscan1022Dined on 10/11/2014Nice ambiance, seated at reservation time, good service, food good & hot. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014We read some of the negative reviews about the service but wanted to try this place because it was located close to Carnegie Hall. We have to disagree with the reviews. Our service was excellent, the wait staff was friendly and attentive, and the food was delicious! We would definitely go to Rue 57 again.Special Features:
- Good Locationbanker111Dined on 10/10/2014Ambience and location were great. It was too noisy for me. We could not hear each other when we were talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!BillyVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always fantastic. The most consistant restaurant in midtown. The duck was awesome!Special Features:
- 57th St Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Rue 57 is a great place for lunch - lively with indoor and out door dining. Salads are substantial and nice selection.Special Features:
- Rue 57? More like Rude 57!nycwriterVIPDined on 10/7/2014The hostess was so haughty and rude about not seating our party until the last person arrived that we left.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable lunch.SFRNYDined on 10/7/2014I met an old friend visiting from California for lunch. Rue 57 was conviently located near her hotel and a subway stop for me. The service and food were good. The restaurant was able to accommodate my friend's entree request. The noise level was fine. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Slow server brings down rating.diningtravelerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Server was either covering too many tables or was just disorganized. Lessens enjoyment when service is extra slow and inattentiveSpecial Features:
- Lovely Spot; Service a Little StiffkatenycDined on 10/2/2014Lunch food was fine but hostesses and wait staff need a few more attentive/friendly lessons. No reason to spoil a great location and pretty good menu with a snotty vibe from the staff. Hostess initially dismissed me with a "let me know when your party is here, Ma'am" Aside from the lack of friendliness, no one likes to be called "ma'am." Same attitude from the waiter - scowling face and i waited forever for a coffee refill and then milk to put in it. For the $$, honestly, they should be a tad nicer. I would really hate to think that we got short shrift b/c we were two women. But food good - French Dip sandwich was great and banana pudding was also terrific.
- Food good, service good.EvaldDined on 10/1/2014Waiter should be aware that tourists needs a clear information on how to order from an American menu. Applies to most American Restaurants. But, having that said, waiters are always very polite :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient n greattopratedVIPDined on 10/1/2014We loved it and will go back. Super seafood and wonderful service.. Close to theater n shoppingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ACCEPTABLE, WON'T RETURNalleycatVIPDined on 9/29/2014Hubby & I stayed at the Hilton up the street & so this restaurant was convenient. We were there at 1 p.m. along with many other diners. The service was very good even though they sat us in a very tight space that was hard for her to get in & out. I wasn't super hungry so I ordered chicken noodle soup. It was very good. Hubby had the Cuban & it was really marginal. The prices were pretty good by NYC standards. The bowl of soup was $10, sandwich $17. It came with deep fried plantains which hubby thought were surprisingly good. We were just visiting the Big Apple and so the likelihood of us returning is very slim. But, even if we had another opportunity, I think we'd pass. Like I said, it was acceptable but in NYC one doesn't have to settle.Special Features:
- GreatNYCdinerDined on 9/29/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants ever. The menu is great, as well as the food <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine and FoodNYCfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Rue 57 has some great food and wine selections. The ambience is chic, yet inviting. I personally love the Rue 57 Tuna Salad with lentils. It is super filing and has a pleasing texture.Special Features:
- The FoodJimmycDined on 9/26/2014This place was just a half block from out room at the Hilton so we gave it a try. The reservation was easy to get for a Friday night at 7pm. so that is a plus and the menu is decent. However we both ordered the Filet mine to be Very Rare and my wife to be Medium Rare. When the plates arrived mine was just about perfect but my wife's was also very rare. We informed the waitress and she took it back to have it done correctly and brought it back about 10 minutes later done correctly. But I must say the dinner was ruined as I sat there waiting for my wife's dinner to arrive and when it finally did mine was cold. I was rather disappointed with this especially at the prices we paid. Way to much for a cold streak. Big Disappointment.Special Features:
- Great spot and close to the parkchrisVIPDined on 9/26/2014Thank you, always a great experience. The crispy rice was especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastAlderVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great for weekday breakfast. Excellent egg white omlette aux herbes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown gemEydieleighDined on 9/25/2014The Mussels were to die for. Sushi was good. By the time we ate those we were almost too full for the rest of our lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidewalk BreakfastInternationalFoodie1VIPDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant is beautiful inside but we decided to eat outside on the sidewalk. In New York that is always a parade. The noise level outside is extreme but you're on the street in the City. I had blueberry pancakes that were delicious, I'd rather have had the compote on the side as its very sweet and buttery. The price was right. I'd certainly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Big Drinks Great FoodInternationalFoodie1VIPDined on 9/22/2014We had breakfast here the same morning and the food was so good we came back for cocktails and dinner! The martinis are generous and $14 (cheap for Manhattan). I had fried chicken and it was the BOMB! The portions were bigger than I like but the flavor was outstanding. The chicken was fried to perfection, not greasy. The mashed pots were super delicious as was the asparagus. he atmosphere was so like Paris that I forgot I was in manhattan! I highly recommend Rue 57!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shredded lettuce a no nofit4foodieDined on 9/17/2014Terrific burger. Spoiled by fast food shredded lettuce. Service friendly but haphazard. don't usualy enjoy outdoor dining, but it was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 9/17/2014We have been there many times. the ffod and service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pedestrian at bestKlipVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food was the most bland I've ever had in the city and is not at all what you would expect of French cuisine, though it's billed as such. A definite skip - you'd be better off eating flavorful street meat!
- Standard Sunday NYC BrunchLindaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Whenever we are in NYC we like to go to Rue 57 for Sunday brunch. The food is always good and this time the service was beyond excellent. The restaurant decor is quintessential Paris bistro but the food is very New York. I had the three cheese omelet with pomme frites and my husband had eggs benedict with lox instead of ham. Our waitperson suggest a fruit plate to share in addition to our entrees and she was correct in her suggestion. The fruit was fresh, sweet and delicious. It was abundant in sliced melons and berries. Our egg entries were also fresh and very good. A lovely way to leisurely start our Sunday in New York before our day of museum and Park explorations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on SundayMcAnneDined on 9/14/2014I booked and was glad I had as it was busy and buzzing. Good but limited menu with friendly service from waiting staff. Hostesses on the door were more remote and not that welcoming I have been to Rue 57 for dinner and recommend their steak. For brunch I had an omelette which said it came with fries but didn't and I had to ask for them. They were good. Would go again.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSohoWestchesterDined on 9/13/2014Average at best. Food good. Ordered Cuban sandwich with Plantain chips. Served two (2) chips. Servers seemed preoccupied and dog at table next to us (inside table and non service dog) seemed to be getting more positive attention from wait staff then our table.
- Less than stellarOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I stopped in for brunch having been to Rue 57 before. I specifically asked about the inclusion of pepper in the Bloody Mary mix. Our server came back w/ an answer swiftly, clearly to make a sale, as it was basically a glass of pepper. It took 25 min for my husband to get his coffee and 30 min for a refill. My entree, short rib Benedict was very good. My husband's omelette Lyon was sun par at best. The restaurant was chosen based on proximity. Thinking we might walk a couple extra blocks in the future
- RecommendedleeblvdDined on 9/12/2014Consistently delicious food. Good service. Only problem:lousy iced tea. Made with flowers. Wish they had just plain Lipton. Otherwise, perfect. Friday Duck is excellent; steak au poivre (sic?) excellent. Nice decor; a little loud, but tolerable.Special Features:
- Always A Good Client Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great location, and very nice to sit outside when weather permits. Big range of good food, from sushi to reuben sandwiches. Everyone loves the Oreo doughnut dessert. Our waiter was attentive without being annoying. Food comes fast and you can have a solid lunch in under an hour.Special Features:
- BarbDined on 9/10/2014Great chicken dishes and the artichoke appetizer was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliableDeaneVIPDined on 9/9/2014Rue 57 has been around forever, and for good reason. The food is good; the selection is varied; it's conveniently located; and thr service is pleasant. Perhaps the best thing is that what was once just an overpriced tourist trap, Rue 57 seems to have softened its prices, making the experience even better. Good choice, especially for lunch and brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abssezgoDined on 9/7/2014The noise level is unbearable. The omelet was NOT made from real/fresh eggs but rather from a "can" and looked like a poor excuse for an egg wrap! The French fries are very good. The waitress was pleasant and helpful and disappointed that we did not say something about the omelet being uneatable....
- bonjourDined on 9/4/2014always enjoy rue 57, the French chic atmosphere, the location and the kobe beef sliders, I loved the outdoor dining right in the middle if the city it is perfect place to stop in at the bar, and you can be totally alone and have companySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Minutes to take our ordergzastylezVIPDined on 9/1/2014We waited for 20 minutes before anyone came to take our order even though we were only the 2nd table in our section and the fact that there was an abundance of servers standing around doing nothing. Apparently our server wasn't on shift yet and nobody else was covering for him. Once he finally came around, all of a sudden other people came and dropped off bread and water to our table. Another women 2 tables away from us, but in a different section was served 5 minutes before us even though she was sat down 10 minutes after us. No apologies for this whatsoever.