60 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rue57.com/#Home
- Phone: 2123075656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:30am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Rich Robson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rue 57
Rue 57 is a French American Brasserie with a sushi bar located in Midtown Manhattan just blocks away from Central Park. We open for breakfast daily at 7:30AM and 9AM on the weekends. Join us after a day of shopping, or on your way to the theater at night. Our menu includes such favorites as the Brasserie Benedict, Brioche French Toast, our Classic Steak Frites, the delicious Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass. Our bar offers specialty cocktails, wine list and tasty draft and bottle beers. You can also sit and enjoy our succulent Sushi.Continued
We look forward to serving you!
We look forward to serving you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rue 57 reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (77)neighborhood gem (77)great for brunch (74)fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (52)good for groups (40)hot spot (37)special occasion (35)romantic (31)late-night find (22)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (9)scenic view (8)Show More
- Great Wine and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Rue 57 has some great food and wine selections. The ambience is chic, yet inviting. I personally love the Rue 57 Tuna Salad with lentils. It is super filing and has a pleasing texture.Special Features:
- The FoodJimmycDined on 9/26/2014This place was just a half block from out room at the Hilton so we gave it a try. The reservation was easy to get for a Friday night at 7pm. so that is a plus and the menu is decent. However we both ordered the Filet mine to be Very Rare and my wife to be Medium Rare. When the plates arrived mine was just about perfect but my wife's was also very rare. We informed the waitress and she took it back to have it done correctly and brought it back about 10 minutes later done correctly. But I must say the dinner was ruined as I sat there waiting for my wife's dinner to arrive and when it finally did mine was cold. I was rather disappointed with this especially at the prices we paid. Way to much for a cold streak. Big Disappointment.Special Features:
- Great spot and close to the parkchrisVIPDined on 9/26/2014Thank you, always a great experience. The crispy rice was especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastAlderVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great for weekday breakfast. Excellent egg white omlette aux herbes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown gemEydieleighDined on 9/25/2014The Mussels were to die for. Sushi was good. By the time we ate those we were almost too full for the rest of our lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sidewalk BreakfastInternationalFoodie1VIPDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant is beautiful inside but we decided to eat outside on the sidewalk. In New York that is always a parade. The noise level outside is extreme but you're on the street in the City. I had blueberry pancakes that were delicious, I'd rather have had the compote on the side as its very sweet and buttery. The price was right. I'd certainly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Big Drinks Great FoodInternationalFoodie1VIPDined on 9/22/2014We had breakfast here the same morning and the food was so good we came back for cocktails and dinner! The martinis are generous and $14 (cheap for Manhattan). I had fried chicken and it was the BOMB! The portions were bigger than I like but the flavor was outstanding. The chicken was fried to perfection, not greasy. The mashed pots were super delicious as was the asparagus. he atmosphere was so like Paris that I forgot I was in manhattan! I highly recommend Rue 57!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shredded lettuce a no nofit4foodieDined on 9/17/2014Terrific burger. Spoiled by fast food shredded lettuce. Service friendly but haphazard. don't usualy enjoy outdoor dining, but it was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 9/17/2014We have been there many times. the ffod and service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pedestrian at bestKlipVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food was the most bland I've ever had in the city and is not at all what you would expect of French cuisine, though it's billed as such. A definite skip - you'd be better off eating flavorful street meat!
- Standard Sunday NYC BrunchLindaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Whenever we are in NYC we like to go to Rue 57 for Sunday brunch. The food is always good and this time the service was beyond excellent. The restaurant decor is quintessential Paris bistro but the food is very New York. I had the three cheese omelet with pomme frites and my husband had eggs benedict with lox instead of ham. Our waitperson suggest a fruit plate to share in addition to our entrees and she was correct in her suggestion. The fruit was fresh, sweet and delicious. It was abundant in sliced melons and berries. Our egg entries were also fresh and very good. A lovely way to leisurely start our Sunday in New York before our day of museum and Park explorations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on SundayMcAnneDined on 9/14/2014I booked and was glad I had as it was busy and buzzing. Good but limited menu with friendly service from waiting staff. Hostesses on the door were more remote and not that welcoming I have been to Rue 57 for dinner and recommend their steak. For brunch I had an omelette which said it came with fries but didn't and I had to ask for them. They were good. Would go again.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSohoWestchesterDined on 9/13/2014Average at best. Food good. Ordered Cuban sandwich with Plantain chips. Served two (2) chips. Servers seemed preoccupied and dog at table next to us (inside table and non service dog) seemed to be getting more positive attention from wait staff then our table.
- Less than stellarOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I stopped in for brunch having been to Rue 57 before. I specifically asked about the inclusion of pepper in the Bloody Mary mix. Our server came back w/ an answer swiftly, clearly to make a sale, as it was basically a glass of pepper. It took 25 min for my husband to get his coffee and 30 min for a refill. My entree, short rib Benedict was very good. My husband's omelette Lyon was sun par at best. The restaurant was chosen based on proximity. Thinking we might walk a couple extra blocks in the future
- RecommendedleeblvdDined on 9/12/2014Consistently delicious food. Good service. Only problem:lousy iced tea. Made with flowers. Wish they had just plain Lipton. Otherwise, perfect. Friday Duck is excellent; steak au poivre (sic?) excellent. Nice decor; a little loud, but tolerable.Special Features:
- Always A Good Client Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great location, and very nice to sit outside when weather permits. Big range of good food, from sushi to reuben sandwiches. Everyone loves the Oreo doughnut dessert. Our waiter was attentive without being annoying. Food comes fast and you can have a solid lunch in under an hour.Special Features:
- BarbDined on 9/10/2014Great chicken dishes and the artichoke appetizer was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliableDeaneVIPDined on 9/9/2014Rue 57 has been around forever, and for good reason. The food is good; the selection is varied; it's conveniently located; and thr service is pleasant. Perhaps the best thing is that what was once just an overpriced tourist trap, Rue 57 seems to have softened its prices, making the experience even better. Good choice, especially for lunch and brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abssezgoDined on 9/7/2014The noise level is unbearable. The omelet was NOT made from real/fresh eggs but rather from a "can" and looked like a poor excuse for an egg wrap! The French fries are very good. The waitress was pleasant and helpful and disappointed that we did not say something about the omelet being uneatable....
- bonjourDined on 9/4/2014always enjoy rue 57, the French chic atmosphere, the location and the kobe beef sliders, I loved the outdoor dining right in the middle if the city it is perfect place to stop in at the bar, and you can be totally alone and have companySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Minutes to take our ordergzastylezVIPDined on 9/1/2014We waited for 20 minutes before anyone came to take our order even though we were only the 2nd table in our section and the fact that there was an abundance of servers standing around doing nothing. Apparently our server wasn't on shift yet and nobody else was covering for him. Once he finally came around, all of a sudden other people came and dropped off bread and water to our table. Another women 2 tables away from us, but in a different section was served 5 minutes before us even though she was sat down 10 minutes after us. No apologies for this whatsoever.
- Lovely BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014A lovely Bistro with excellent food, especially the tempura prawns to start. Atmosphere is great and lively. The prices are a little high and the service charge expected is too high!!Special Features:
- excellentluvnyvisitsDined on 8/30/2014We found this restaurant about 7 years ago by accident and have been coming back ever since. It is one of our favorites when visiting NY. The only downside is the service. Food is great but the service has been declining over the last few years. Still worth trying for a good meal before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch - Just Do It!AbsolutGDined on 8/30/2014Brunch: Great selection, something for everyone. One friend had an omlete, another sushi & fresh berries, and me a tuna nicoise. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot!ortoneVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great blue cheese hamburger with frites! Wish our server had been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatDennyMikeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Took an out-of-town visitor here. She was staying at the Hilton down the street. We got a great corner table which I love to conversation. you're not too far apart (yelling across the table). sometimes sitting outside is a blessing (great people watching; nice if you like NYC summers at night), other times it is a curse (admittedly there is background traffic noise and pollution from 57th and 6th). We both enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Great food for everyonedve5Dined on 8/28/2014The food here is absolutely amazing but every single time I've been here the service is seriously awful. That said, I keep going back for the food, but be prepared for a very long lunch.Special Features:
- French Bistro w/ killer breakfastsJoKoDined on 8/28/2014I had a smoked salmon salmon eggs benedict which was very good. There coffee was better than average. The wait staff was freindly and attentive. I took the bus from the Ferry Terminal and the number 57 from Port Imperial Waterways stopped right in front of the bistro. I arrived early thinking I'd have to do some walking once I got off the bus. I mentioned that I was early but had no problem getting a seat. Whew.Special Features:
- Great location and foodRahnycDined on 8/27/2014If you are only going to be in Manhattan for a day and are in Midtown West this is a place you will want to dine at some point in the day. There are hundreds of places to eat in NYC but this is one that you will remember long after you have departed the city. A good size menu, plus decent wine bar equates to a wonderful dining experience during your visit.Special Features:
- A definitive favourite if mine!eloiDined on 8/26/2014You have the great food, the cozy and charming atmosphere and then that great service to complement it all. Always a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok...JulienNewYorkVIPDined on 8/25/2014But my mother got iced tea spilled on her, I had to ask 5 times for lemon in the water and had to go take it, my salad came not at all the way I asked for it - and still had chicken after sending it back to got the $3 substitute buy shrimps (so I paid $12 extra...), tabasco came after the fries were finished , I am still waiting to be offered some bread, etc... Took 3 espressos instead of deserts, they should have been offered given the lunch we had. Food is not bad, portions are very decent, service was so-so, and a gesture to compensate would have been appreciated.Special Features:
- bad serviceunhappycustomerDined on 8/23/2014I was here to celebrate my anniversary and I had a horrible time. First they got my order wrong. When the waitress asked me how is it. After some hesitation i decided to say. You know what.. its fine. My mistake but I was clearly upset and she should have pushed the issue. she just walked away. I tried to enjoy my meal but i just couldnt. I brely touch the plate. I try to get her attention and she made every effort to ignore me. When my fiance was done with his meal she came by and toke the plates. Not even comenting or asking why i havent touch the plate. On top of that the women who was training with the waitress was such a grump about taking a picture when we first got to the restaurant. This place ruined my dateSpecial Features:
- A frequent visitor to NYCGordonVIPDined on 8/21/2014Rue 57 was chosen by my daughter for lunch, having the choice of any restaurant in NYC. Wonderful experience. So the next night I had a very nice dinner party there. First rate. It is now on my "must" list for all visits to NYC. Very convenient to the Plaza, another plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I highly reccommend Rue 57!JimmydDined on 8/19/2014I love the vibe of Rue. At a recent lunch I had the chopped cob salad which was excellent. Great portion size and very fresh ingredients. Service was very attentive, maybe a bit rushed, but we took our time and it was fine.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Really great service and ambiance! Our waiter could sell ice to Eskimos but we are so glad we tried the cheesecakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for poor foodDisapointedDined on 8/9/2014Having a birthday celebration late dinner there was a real disapoiment, plan not to return there.
- ALEXDined on 8/9/2014Great service, friendly and fast. The table was ready eventhough we showed up early. The food is great for brunch! I had tried dinner too which is also very recomendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- djm22Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had very good dinners at Rue 57. We usually come in just for drinks, but the menu has always looked interesting, such that we decided to come in for dinner. We really enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No WarmthBearVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have eaten here many times. The food is very good. The portions generous. The staff and kitchen efficient and consistent. But there is no warmth and no soul to this place. The patrons are nameless, faceless numbers to the staff. There is no engagement. The staff looks at you without seeing you. Sometimes they look away - for their next task, probably - before even finishing the sentence they are saying. A very acceptable location for a business lunch or dinner, but an unsatisfying dining experience.
- FrancophileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Love this place the mussels are to die for and so are the pommes frites. The chopped salad is a great starter . The Hanger Steak is always a reliable choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.