Rudy's Redeye Grill
4940 N. Highway 61
White Bear Lake, MN 55110Neighborhood:
White Bear Lake
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Rudy's Redeye Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rudysredeye.com/
- Phone: 6516536718
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Breakfast: 9:00am - 1:00pm & Lunch: 9am - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brian Schaeffer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rudy's Redeye Grill has on site catering for our elegant banquet rooms. From a small board meeting to a large conference, we offer all of the facilities and accommodations to suit your needs. Customize one of the seven different meeting rooms to fit the size and itinerary of your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Rudy's Redeye Grill has three private dining areas to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Sharina Pankratz 6516536718
- Special Events: Reserve our elegant ballroom for your wedding reception; you'll appreciate our hometown hotel staff and our warm atmosphere. Plus, you get the freedom to customize wedding reception to fit your dreams!
A word from Rudy's Redeye Grill
When you come to Rudy's Redeye Grill Restaurant & Bar, you're getting more than friendly service in a uptown atmosphere. You're also getting the best food in town. From American classics like the Redeye Sirloin to signature dishes such as the Drunk 'n Dirty Pork Chops & Pan Fried Walleye, Rudy's Redeye Grill has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Rudy's Redeye Grill - Best Restaurants in White Bear Lake ›
Rudy's Redeye Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (26)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (16)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Only one criticism;LizzieDined on 10/4/2014Rudy’s is supposed to be known for their steaks and as it turned out, that was the only disappointing part of the whole experience. It appeared to be pan fried, not broiled, the flavor so-so at best and the portion seemed smaller than listed on the menu. Other than that, the scallops, calamari, & side dishes were great as were the service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Food/Order MistakeDissapointedDined on 9/27/2014Me and my significant other dined here together. Previously, we had a wonderful experience, awesome food and friendly waitress. This time around was not at all the same. Our waitress was not friendly at all, our order was screwed up and we had to wait an additional 25 minutes for the correct order and nothing was compensated. I feel at the very least we could have been compensated for the meal. All we received was a very insincere "sorry about that". My other half's food also became cold as he waited for me to get my correct order. Very disappointed this visit and not inclined to return based on the way it was handled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and drinks were fabulous.JJ2014Dined on 9/27/2014The walleye is always a good choice and does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Wonderful food & wonderful placedebbieDined on 9/27/2014Rudy's is a special place for us and we return every year for our anniversary dinner. The food is still as great now as it has been last year, and the year before, and the year before!Special Features:
- Great rooftopMNDinerDined on 9/22/2014We love going to Rudy's for their filet. This night we ate on the rooftop since it was such a great evening. They don't offer all the options on the rooftop that they have in the lower dining room, so we couldn't get the filet. That was a bummer, but they still had a lot of great options. Service was fast and friendly as always!Special Features:
- Family dinnerMNniceDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed having a round table for 8 - we could all converse seeing each other while talking. The food was delicious and the service was great. The menu had a good variety for all tastes as well as a gluten free menu.Special Features:
- Date nightReviewDadDined on 9/13/2014Service was very good although it did take some time to get my desert but it was getting busier at that time. Steak and Salmon were very good and the rolls with the honey butter were fantastic. A very nice place to go on a date or special occasion. They take very good care of their customersSpecial Features:
- Two and a half hours for lunch!dakotaguyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Given that there was a wedding reception in another part of the hotel, the restaurant was not at all crowded when we arrived for our reservation at 1PM on a Saturday, it took two and a half hours before we could pay our check and leave. Our server was rushing but, sadly, the restaurant was understaffed. It was an hour and a half before we were served. We had some leftovers that we wanted boxed and that took over a half hour. We were offered a birthday dessert when we ordered our entrees as we had two celebrants in our small group, but we were unable to have them because the lunch just ran too long. We are relatively frequent diners at Rudy's and this was our worst experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great service!! My parents were quite impressed with the restaurant and were very glad that we had reservations :)Special Features:
- ob1948Dined on 9/8/2014We love Rudy's, the lunch was great. And the restaurant is so warm and inviting. We wanted to try the patio but it was raining. enjoyed it very much and will be back, great waitress, very attentive. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat.jstadlerDined on 9/7/2014For date night or other special occasion or any gathering, great food, friendly service, we keep going back!Special Features:
- amazing!Jillmarie78Dined on 8/30/2014Five stars! The rooftop patio was beautiful...the food was perfection, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKIwantsnowDined on 8/29/2014We went there for our anniversary and my wife took the sirloin and I got the blacken tuna. The Tuna spices were off and it just didn't taste right. I lived all over east coast including the Virgin Islands and the taste of the dish was off. The Sirloin was so tenderized that it had a texture of patte and had a sweet taste of honey. Steaks shouldn't be sweet. Service was good. On a good note the carrot cake was very good. Would I go here again, No. If they offered a discount, No. I might go on the roof for a beer or glass of wine that would be it. Sorry for the review but I thought it would be special and it wasn't it for the price I paid.Special Features:
- Great drinks and foodDrLydiaGrayDined on 8/28/2014The drinks and food are awesome! Our server seemed to be a little distracted and there was some questions about the gluten free options but overall it was a great experience!Special Features:
- NancyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014i had never eaten at Rudy's before. We went there for a family function and i loved it. I would go back. Many times.Special Features:
- PerfectluvwhitebearlakeDined on 8/16/2014This place is always classy with great food and service. Very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining spotsusieDined on 8/9/2014Have been wanting to try Rudy's for quite some time - finally made it there last week-end to celebrate a special occasion. Great evening to dine outdoors, Both our waitress and the manager on duty were extremely helpful and accommodating (e.g offered to add extra lighting to our table umbrella etc. once it got dark.) Very nice, pleasant evening with very good food. My only "complaint" was noise level. I didn't realize there was a bar up on the rooftop - unfortunately, that meant sitting in very close proximity to a few folks sitting at the bar who became increasingly loud and obnoxious as the evening wore on.Special Features:
- Good meal!LOLODined on 8/9/2014It was a but noisy and hard to visit with our guest. Felt a bit rushed like "running us through".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!CarolineDined on 8/1/2014Walleye was delicious and staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Early dinner at Rudt'slesdeekDined on 8/1/2014We were at the restaurant early, before a local play. It is very nice and the server was great!Special Features:
- kind of sad salad......cfrizzDined on 7/29/2014I have only been here once, so it is hard to judge based on one visit. The onion rings were phenomenal! I had a basic salad to go with it, which was just okay. Lettuce was brown and old. Kind of sad, especially for the price........$6 for a plate of brown lettuce? I think if you improved your produce, people would be much likely to come back. My sisters seemed happy with their food.Special Features:
- Service suckedCheesierDined on 7/26/2014After sitting for some time, we had to go to the host stand and ask them to get is a waiter. After finally getting us drinks, and taking our order, one of got a steak instead of the prime rib that was ordered. When told of the error, the waitress gave a halfhearted apology, and kind of giggled. Not acceptable,
- CinemagirlsDined on 7/23/2014Great service! The steak salad was awesome. The noise level is a bit much, though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat!CobraKaiDined on 7/14/2014The 16oz. Prime rib was sensational. Great flavor was delivered and the sides were exceptional as well. Also, the 16oz Steak was delicious. ..snuck a bite off my wife's plate. Overall, food was top notch and the service was on their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The food here was very good! I went for a birthday dinner and was not disappointed! Everyone's meal was great and no one left hungry! The Siroin and Alaskan Halibut were delicious and cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatNrotterDined on 7/13/2014Took my wife here for our anniversary. This spot was recommended by many friends and family. Food was really just not good. Steak was a boring steak cooked properly but seasoned poorly. Chicken was dry as can be. Considering the $100+ price tag for my wife and I after tip. Service was the only reason I did not complain while there. Waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable. I would not recommend this restaurant. I know we will not be returning.Special Features:
- theholypoleDined on 7/11/2014We have been big fans of Rudy's for several years, however our recent visit was not up to past visits. Walleye is always good there and it was this time as well. However the prime rib served to my son was overcooked and not at all. I had ordered the twin medallions, diane and was quite disappointed in a request for medium done and getting rare, not tender medallions. We usually always like the green beans however this trip they were not up to par. We will try again but at a later date than normal..... You have given us reason to hunt for a new one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WBL Outdoor PatioMinnTastyDined on 7/9/2014I've been to Rudy's several times and it seems like the food is hit or miss; never consistent. If the food was consistent, I'd eat there for more than just a business dinner or after work drinks.Special Features:
- AmazingKauboiDined on 7/1/2014This is my wife's favorite spot in the Twin Cities. I am a HUGE foodie...she simply is not. Not too many places we can go together (esp. for special occasions) and really enjoy ourselves. This it it, however. Amazing food. Amazing service. We will be back as often as I can drive to White Bear.Special Features:
- Great local restaurantKWandFamDined on 6/27/2014Rudy's has excellent food and great ambiance. My husband and I wanted to dine on the rooftop terrace but the wait was over an hour - which is no surprise because it's absolutely lovely up there. Our dinner on this evening was delicious and the service was excellent. We'll definitely be back again - and hopefully on the rooftop next time!Special Features:
- Great service and food.owl1959Dined on 6/25/2014Terrific service and great food but a lot of bachground noise and it was not crowded at the time. Beautiful outdoor space too.Special Features:
- healthyDined on 6/25/2014They could have provided a vegetarian salad selection. My husband said if he were to return again to Rudy's he would not order the Scampi again. Waitress was helpful with accomadating my food preferences but when my salad arrived with a dressing of their choice put on my salad. I did not want that type of dressing. I should of said something to the waitress but I didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 709 reviews are from the Rudy's Redeye Grill reviews archive.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014Room too noisy to carry on conversation; server not knowledgeable about menu, mixed up orders, and bills. Very disappointed.
- Not sure our experience was usualluv2dineDined on 6/16/2014For a Monday night the restaurant was extremely busy and very loud. Lots of large parties which seemed to keep the wait staff under a considerable amount of stress in order to provide even reasonable service.
- the ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014My ribs did not have enough bbq sauce and the side for fruit was way to spendySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for dinner, not breakfastMjtcDined on 6/15/2014We have eaten here for dinner before and loved the food. Was disappointed in the breakfast. Very limited menu, food wax so-so.Special Features:
- Good for casual special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014was a great place to have a father's day dinner will visit again for the next family birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- intheorchardDined on 5/30/2014Consistantly good food, great atmostphere. This is the place we take all of our out of town guests for dinner. Never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 23mkDined on 5/25/2014Great food and fun on the rooftop! Service and food were great. The rooftop is beautifully decorated and the flowers are gorgeous. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueJulieVIPDined on 5/23/2014We went to this restaurant because it was highly rated for a special occasion. The steak and fish were good. The vegetables were overcooked and coated in butter. The desserts were delicious and huge (especially cakes--enough for 4 people to share). It was really nice to have a complimentary cheese cake for the birthday person. Good value for what you pay.I would recommend this to a friend.