Rudy's Mediterranean Grill
7185 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite D
Columbia, MD 21046Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Rudy's Mediterranean Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rmgrill.com/
- Phone: 4102902204x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am.
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Rudy Keskin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Rudy's Mediterranean Grill
Rudy's Mediterranean Grill is a Mediterranean restaurant in Columbia. And first Turkish Restaurant in Howard countyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rudy's Mediterranean Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not as good as our previous visitsavta3Dined on 9/1/2014Unfortunately, this visit didn't live up to the promise of our first one. Remodeling work was going on which made for a lot of noise. Rudy apologized for this and told us he hadn't expected to have much business since it was Labor Day. Our server wasn't attentive to the dishes we ordered and neglected to tell us that there was a hot pepper on the top which had not been the case the last time we ordered that dish. He also didn't tell the table behind us and they were unpleasantly surprised too. We'll go back as the food is generally very good, but we'll check and make sure no work is being done on the premises first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandsatisfiedDined on 8/13/2014I thought the food was very bland. It could have used a little bit of salt and some seasoning. I went to the restaurant because I really wanted fresh pita bread and they have store bough pre packaged pita bread. It is not fresh.
- Delicious dinner!savta3Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed a delicious Mediterranean dinner. The lentil soup was wonderful and very substantial. We'll keep that dish in mind for a cold, wintery day. The menu is very eclectic with as many traditional American dishes as Mediterranean ones. There is sure to be something to please everyone. Portions were ample. Service was very good. Sadly our waiter told us he had enlisted in the Marines and would be leaving by the end of the month. They are gaining a very capable young man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth going toUpfromcolumbiaDined on 8/2/2014Rudy's only problem is it is located in an industrial area of a suburb. So, although everyone who has eaten there loves the food and service, they are often overlooked. The cuisine is Turkish (Greek/Mediterranean) and terrific. Portions are generous. Meals include soup and salad. I'd love to see it busier. So, if you can't get reservations at other places and don't want to wait hours or a meal, try Rudy's. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- local2Dined on 7/20/2014We look forward to our next meal here, will definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We were very satisfied with the food, service and value at Rudy's. We were in town visiting and a friend suggested we go there...when we come back to Columbia, MD, we would like to go there again.Special Features:
- Wow!JuanVIPDined on 6/29/2014Rudy's is a great addition to the Howard County area. I thought the food was very good, from the lentil soup to the grilled lamb. And the desserts? Yumm! We tried the baklava and the rice pudding. Both were outstanding. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- second time and stilltitoVIPDined on 6/7/2014can't said enough about our dinner. All was done just right, service was attentive but not on your face. Our friend that had dinner with us, her first time and she was happy with everything.. for a picky eater, it was good. Nice music Saturday night, large groups having dinner also at the same time, service was not affected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Rudy's Mediterranean Grill reviews archive.
- Great PlaceNoisyVIPDined on 5/16/2014This establishment can not be beat for value as it provides outstanding food and service for a reasonable price. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- DissappointedbilboVIPDined on 5/12/2013I made a reservation and was shone to the worst table in the restaurant and this was for Mother's Day. Loud music and the TV were blaring in the background and they were cleaning with a vaccuum. Had it been any other day I would have left. The food was average and expensive to boot. Never gain.
- Better than expectedEricDined on 5/5/2013Everyone's meat was very tender and delicious. Generous portions, great serviice. One half has tablecloth covered tablrs for both casual and occasion dining . Mediterranean menu with a Turkish emphasis. I'll go to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing particularly specialDaughterDined on 4/16/2013Nothing particularly special about the restaurant itself, but the service was stellar and the food is unique (Turkish) which I loved. I would return!
- I like this place and rarelyScottSDined on 4/1/2013I like this place and rarely nearly never give 5's, The service is prompt and courteous, the food is very tasty and the price is reasonable. Try to save some room for the baklava you'll be glad you did.
- wonderful!davieVIPDined on 3/1/2013I had lentil soup and lamb chops, and both were outstanding. My wife and I will definitely go back soon.
- Authentic and delicious TurkishOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/26/2013Authentic and delicious Turkish food. We've come often.Special Features:
- Marvelous Turkish food. BringsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/9/2013Marvelous Turkish food. Brings back fond memories of our trip to Turkey every time we go to Rudy's.Special Features:
- We're coming back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2012This was our first time visiting. We were amazed by the adana with yogurt. The lentil soup was seasoned differently than the typical lentil soup and it was superb. The prices were reasonable. The menu is a little strange with the "all day breakfast" and we were concerned that this would be like a Denny's or IHOP, but we were completely wrong and glad to try this restaurant. We are looking forward to a second visit.Special Features:
- The Turkish food was delicious.thisisdumbVIPDined on 12/3/2012The Turkish food was delicious. Nice to find a place serving good Mediterranean food. So much of what is around is bad pasta.
- Rudy's Mediterranean GemScottSDined on 11/30/2012quaint little place with very friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. useful info on what is what and made great recommendations. We will definitely be dining there again and a Groupon makes it super affordable.Special Features:
- The food was fresh, authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012The food was fresh, authentic and delicious. We will be back to try the breakfast menu!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012What a great neighborhood restaurant! Rudy always greets us and his staff is most attentive. The food is delicious and the kabobs are scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All of the food was very good.PeterVIPDined on 10/20/2012All of the food was very good. We had 2 different soups which were both excellent, and the entrees were also very good. However the prices were higher than they should have been for the amount of food.Special Features:
- Outstanding TUrkish restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/19/2012We have been going to Rudy's for dinner since he opened about 9 months ago. WE love Turkish food, and it is hard to find quality, authentic TUrkish dishes in this area. THe food was wonderful from the start, and the rest of the experience (e.g.ambience, service) has only gotten better since then. Rudy's had also added some wonderful menu items (e.g. Leverek - a Mediterranean fish grilled whole, lamb chops to die for, Pide - a Turkish style pizza). All in all, a wonderful experience. The main problem is that the location is not ideal - in a mundane shopping center that is hard to find, and off the beaten path unless you work or study at one of the Gateway Drive buildings. It is only a problem the first time you come.
- The owners and chefs are TurkishJoElVIPDined on 10/6/2012The owners and chefs are Turkish and thus the food is too! However, the menu is very diverse and one would be able to get something that was not Turkish.Special Features:
- Prices were a little high,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Prices were a little high, but the food and the service was great.Special Features:
- There was confusion regardingbobbieVIPDined on 8/12/2012There was confusion regarding who was to wait on our table. The food was good and inexpensive. They tried to make us feel better by offering us free coffee.
- The food was sooo delish!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2012The food was sooo delish!!! I will be def going back!!!Special Features: