Rudy's Italian Italian Restaurant & Bar
6414 Rea Road
Charlotte, NC 28277Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rudy's Italian Italian Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rudyscharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7045444949
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Closed Dinner: Every night:5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sunday & Monday night we offer a special menu "2 dinners+bottle of wine $ 39.99 Wednesday night our patrons are entertained by Tommy Joy singing the old Sinatra favorites, among many others.
A word from Rudy's Italian Italian Restaurant & Bar
My name is Rodolfo (Rudy) Amadio and, as new owner/manager, I hope to be welcoming you soon; I will be delighted to meet you in person if you visit. Maybe some of you already know me. My wife and I have been in the restaurant business in the Charlotte area for over 20 years, initially with the first wood fired brick pizza oven in the Charlotte area (Luisa's Pizzeria), currently with "Dolce Ristorante Italiano" (Dilworth area) and now with the brand new "Rudy's". The concept at Rudy's will be that of a neighborhood Italian restaurant, with a casual atmosphere, friendly prices for food and bar and very, very good food. For now is "arrivederci" and I sincerely hope you will come visit us soon and become a delighted patron.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Rudy's Italian Italian Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Rudy's Italian Italian Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (12)romantic (12)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- sdklfjsaldkVIPDined on 9/12/2014Nice quiet dinner. Food was good but chicken dish slightly overcooked. We'll be back again as dinner is a good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elizabeth HartmanStar99VIPDined on 8/25/2014This is a great restaurant. I love the veal it is perfect. Also make an excellent Cesare salad. The best waiter is Jessie.
- A favorite !!DebGVIPDined on 8/16/2014We always enjoy our experience at Rudy's. Deb GalliSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good value!bsfrnVIPDined on 8/8/2014Rudy's is our favorite neighborhood italian restaurant. On this last visit I had the swordfish special which was topped with diced eggplant, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts. I requested the olives be left off of the dish and the dish arrived at the table hot and as I ordered it. It was one of my favorite meals at Rudy's to date. My husband's veal parmesan was equally delicious. Our server Jess was attentive as always. A great dinner to kick off the weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too crowded ?Rick1Dined on 8/2/2014Experience was OK. I must say, there are simply too many table crammed into the space. When you almost rub elbows with your fellow diners and are sitting in what equates to the intersection of Trade and Tryon, it adds to the feeling that you just sat down at Denny's. Wait staff was busy and moderately attentive (you would expect them to ask if you wanted another bottle of wine when they remove the empty one from the table) On a totally subjective note: Appetizer menu is "funky" and does not contain (m)any recognizable staple appetizers. Maybe add some main stream appetizers ?Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianMisterbreezeDined on 7/28/2014If you are looking for great Italian food, check out Rudy's. Veal was excellent. Great location on Rea Rd just north of 485. Prices are very reasonable. If there was a negative, I would say the decor needs a facelift., but that will keep us from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good place to eatSearcherVIPDined on 7/25/2014over the years this has become one of our favorite places to eat. Consistent authentic Italian. Very relaxing, good service and the prices are very reasonable. We like the Pasta and we have tried them all and the Calamari is some of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good italian food and great serviceMTerezaDined on 7/11/2014We had a good time at Ruth. The food was good and the server made all the difference... it was like doing an italian class. The restaurant is kind of "hidden" in a street mall but we will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Great!CDFGDined on 6/28/2014There were lots of large groups and almost every table was full. Although the restaurant was full I had no problem hearing the conversation at my own large table. Everyone enjoyed their food. We were seated immediately upon arrival. We had a nice, relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- date nightjessy2112Dined on 6/27/2014Always loved this little gem, but tried 2 specials recently & was really pleased. Beef carpaccio & frutte di marre entree. Carlo was an excellent server as always. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently...ElbeeDined on 6/21/2014One of our favorite places. Celebrated our 40th anniversary here, and the place was quite full and somewhat noisy, but that didn't last for long. Our waiter was our regular one, and he did a fantastic job after a couple of large tables cleared out. He was a bit busy for a bit. My linguine with clams was superb, as was my wife's chicken dish, the name of which escapes me but it was the one with prosciutto. The stuffed mushroom appetizer was indescribably delicious. Try Rudy's - you'll love it.Special Features:
- sdklfjsaldkVIPDined on 6/16/2014Nice dinner to celebrate my parents 63 anniversary. Great food.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/14/2014We went to enjoy Father's Day and my parens' 51 Anniversary.The food was Outstandiig We totally enjoyed ourselves. We will be back!Special Features:
- always a good value!bsfrnVIPDined on 6/13/2014This is our neighborhood go to italian restaurant. The food is always good and arrives at the table hot. I love their veal marsala and the Thursday night gnocchi that is home made is always delicious. The Rudy's salad is a favorite. Service is attentive and warm.Special Features:
- Best Italian in CharlottefrankDined on 6/7/2014Great food,service, and prices. Fish is always excellentSpecial Features:
- Service is the KeySteveDined on 6/6/2014The quality of service is some of the best in Charlotte, especially for a neighborhood gem like Rudy's. The food is always great, but then, this chef has been there threw several owners and is one of the reasons for success. You can't go wrong with great food and superior service...ask for Carlo!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rudy's is Rudy's.Tar74Dined on 5/31/2014From the first time I dined here for dinner this restaurant has become one of my favorites. The owner is very personable and accommodating and always greets diners with a smile. The food is consistent and good, fresh salads, good bread, and service. I attempt to dine here at least once per month and recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visit!marieDined on 5/25/2014This was our third visit to Rudy's Italian restaurant and they did not disappoint. Our waiter, Jess, went above and beyond. The food was so good and our friends, who we took for the first time, enjoyed the experience. Already, looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- The following 223 reviews are from the Rudy's Italian Italian Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Great foodTAllenDined on 5/8/2014Rudy's has excellent food and service. I have been with large and small groups and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Delectable!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Was extremely busy due to golf tournament, but we had a reservation & had no problems. Food was delicious, as always. Our server, Carlos was on his toes!!! Extremely busy, but still managed with congenial, prompt service!! Already have a groupon for next visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok.QCfoodieDined on 5/2/2014This place was average all around. Ok food. Ok service. Ok atmosphere. Nothing to complain about yet nothing memorable or exiting. Over priced for ok. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- great eveningMontyDined on 5/1/2014Second time at Rudy's food and service consistantly good. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- I Absolutely Love this PlaceSinngoddessDined on 4/27/2014I have been to Rudy's Italian Restaurant over a hand-ful of time. There food is "Absolutely Amazingly Delicious"... It is a very quaint, quiet and very romantic neighborhood restaurant near the piper glen neighborhood....Special Features:
- Level 10HollodogDined on 4/26/2014Once again, level "10" on the food, service, and atmosphere. I've been dining here for a long time and never have been disappointed. The food always has plenty of flavor, which a lot of restaurants lack, and the service is top notch. You can sit on the patio or at the inside bar area which has a wall seperating it from the restaurant to keep noise down if you are looking for that special romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a nice evening out.MBSouthCarolinaDined on 4/18/2014Food & service were great. Menu has everything plus great specials. We eat there about once a month and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there, and we enjoyedDrBarbDined on 4/6/2014First time there, and we enjoyed the ambience, and the food, with the exception of the cannolis, which were not fresh. Otherwise, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is outstanding Service is fairCustomerDined on 4/5/2014I had dinner here on a Saturday night. It was busy. The host over-sat the waiter and created a service nightmare. The busboys picked-up the slack for the waiter and it turned out ok, but the situation was avoidable through effective management. The food at this restaurant is second to none. Very rich and beautiful tomato sauces (linguini with clams red sauce), fresh salads, a beautiful stuffed pepper appetizer as well as delicious fresh bread. The crust was a wonderful and toasty sesame seeded baked delight. The clientele is mostly over 40 and well mannered. The owner is gracious and accomodating. If he can solve the service and seating issues, this place would be the total package. He should think about a whole new seating concept.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveDanODined on 4/1/2014although Rudy;s is approx. a one half drive each way, it is definitely worth the drive!. Very good food and service!Special Features:
- Very nice dinner. Good food.ToddDined on 3/29/2014Very nice dinner. Good food. Owner very personable and made a point to thank us. Only drawback was waiter was very slow on refilling our drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemSandy7VIPDined on 3/22/2014Rudy's is always delightful especially when Rudy is there which he almost always is present. The food never disappoints and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent food and great valuebtaylorVIPDined on 3/22/2014Salads and pasta were excellent. It appears that it is frequented by a lot of regulars.Special Features:
- Love Rudy's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014You can always count on a great meal, wonderful, friendly service, and a nice ambiance. We eat here often, and it is one of our favorite "go to" places for this reason.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service.MBSouthCarolinaDined on 3/21/2014If you want a great evening with good food, great service and even better prices, go to Rudy's. Eaten there now three times and each time they get better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Rudy'sLuLuDined on 3/4/2014I have been to Rudy's many times with family and friends. Rudy and the staff are very gracious and welcoming. The conversation and laughter are at a perfect level for creating a warm, relaxing atmosphere. The food is outstanding. I especially love the lasagna, bread and stuffed mushrooms. Rudy's is my favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014This was our second visit to Rudy's and was disappointed. Food was good but not great, especially for price point. Veal scaloppini was tough and risotto lacked flavor. Salmon was very tasty and desserts were delicious. Wait staff was very attentive and familiar with the menu items. Unfortunately the chairs are very uncomfortable and really don't make you want to linger over dinner any longer than you have to. Not sure if we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always welcoming and accommodatingBassmanVIPDined on 2/25/2014Always welcoming and accommodating with a warm attentive staff and good quality Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous DiningSandy7VIPDined on 2/25/2014Rudy's really is a marvelous neighborhood restaurant. The food is always excellent and you can depend on that Rudy would have it no other way. The service is consistently wonderful. I most definetly suggest that you give it a try.Special Features:
- Rudy's - Real ItalianBalickiDined on 2/14/2014Rudy's is a great place if you are looking for REAL Italian food. Every dish is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been there beforeSpecialdayDined on 2/14/2014We have been there before an everything has always been very good. Plan to go back very soon an take some friends with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedGymshoeVIPDined on 2/14/2014Not what I envisioned on Valentine's Day. I confirmed my reservation ahead, checked in & was told by the owner that my table wasn't quite ready. I realized later he was pushing bar revenue. After 20 mins. I saw him seating people who just walked in the door. When I inquired, he said he forgot about us. Right then I felt he should've offered something complimentary. When he sat us, there were numerous tables available making our wait at the bar totally unnecessary. The salad was one of the best I've had. At the waiter's recommendation I chose the filet which was small and slightly overcooked. The lobster was definitely overcooked. For a busy night, the service was outstanding. I had a bad taste in my mouth before the first bite.Special Features: