12303 Folsom Boulevard
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rudyshideaway.com/
- Phone: 9163510606
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kristina Golden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering is tailored to your unique needs. We specialize in Crab Feed Fund raisers. Take all the hassle out of your next fund raiser with just one call to us.
- Special Events: Lunch and Dinner Banquets available for groups of 14 to 120. Please visit our website for more information.
A word from Rudy's Hideaway
Welcome to Rudy's Hideaway, a Northern California landmark since 1972. We are famous for lobster, slow roasted Prime Rib, and clam chowder. Our food is prepared in-house and served by a friendly, professional staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rudy's Hideaway reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (48)great for lunch (32)romantic (31)fit for foodies (31)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Very good as usualdeandecDined on 9/27/2014We go to Rudy's several times per year. We enjoy the service, the food preparation, and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Lucky findNannaDined on 9/27/2014We needed a good dinner place close to Rancho Cordova. We met family, there were 8 of us. Our dinners were very good. One person had prime rib, and was very pleased. It was served just as ordered, and he was able to cut with his fork. One down note my sister and I had the Scampi, and the prawns were slightly over cooked, still tasty, but a bit tough. The salads were very nice, potatoes, both mashed and baked were very good. They offer coconut cream pie and banana cream pie (plus several other choices) for dessert. The coconut pie was great. We didn't lack for service, water filled as needed etc. Good Place we would defiantly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!AbalonecookDined on 9/24/2014The prime rib was outstanding as well as the lobster! This is a great place for casual dining and celebrations. Our waiter was outstanding, anticipating our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We went to Rudy's to celebrate my husband's birthday and had a great lunch! I very much appreciated being able to make a reservation online and loved the bonus of Rudy's doing an Outlook email invite to all the guests. We had a great waiter who was very attentive, professional and fun. Everybody enjoyed their food and the ambiance was wonderful. Love the artwork! A quintessential local neighborhood place - you can't manufacture that wonderful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- orangefoodie's "hideaway"orangefoodieDined on 9/23/2014Have eaten at this local spot several times over the last 10 or so years. It always is good and reliable. They have lobster specials on Thursday nights; that appeals to my New England born spouse. Nothing fancy to look at but a fun nautical decorative theme inside. It is frequented by locals. This time, my two friends were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christian88Dined on 9/19/2014The evening was perfect for a special night out. The lobster is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hubforlobstetDined on 9/19/2014We were there and upset cause of home was in danger but our waitress she has been there for a long time made us feel at home bill was very high butcwe did get a bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday Dinner with a side of glass!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I found a piece of glass in my salad and they didn't comp anything off the bill. It was also my birthday dinner so having glass in my food made for a horrible birthday dinner. I will not be returning!
- Love new lookAngelDined on 9/16/2014It has been a while since my wife and I eaten at Rudys ...loved the update look , food was in all the senses wonderful. I have a great picture on Facebook of our special dinner happy 25th Anniversary to us! Great nite we were early fir our reservation they accommodated us friendly great service we had live lobster wuth prime rib yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous would eat here again.Pixiesx3Dined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Drinks were good. Staff were fabulous. Would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good balanceMyBizznessDined on 9/12/2014We hadn't been to Rudy's for 17 years. Mostly because the last time we were there we weren't that impress with the food quality as compared to the prices. Tried it again last weekend for a special occasion, and I must say the place has improved quite a bit since the last time we were there. The food was good, not great but good, service was friendly and prompt, and the prices seemed on par. We'll be back again and won't wait 17 years this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sea FoodAaronDined on 9/9/2014I find that this place - is great for dining and enjoying sea food type of foods.Special Features:
- Rudy's ReviewDonsDiningGuideDined on 9/7/2014I have dined at Rudy's probably a dozen time over the years. Whether with a group or just a couple, they have always been on time for our reservation, answered questions about the menu and had good recommendations. Prices are within a reasonable range, service is always great and if you wish to take your time, there is no rush to get you out. My recent dinner was a date, and some months ago it was a group of about 10 pre-paring for a disaster exercise the next morning and we were able to work and dine at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible tableRudysRudeDined on 9/6/2014Made reservations for 6:30 to ensure a nice booth for special birthday. Was placed in middle of room in table for two when had three people. Booths open all around us. Asked for a better booth and told none available. Many were open! Was placed by the bar at another tiny table in entrance way of that room. Noisy and disruptive Biker table next to us and bar full of loud people. As we left there were still many booths open. VERY disappointing!!!Special Features:
- Rudy's Hideawaykat3Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to Rudy's several times in the last couple of years and have always had a wonderful experience. The food is consistently excellent and the service is efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Good bargainBuckeye1VIPDined on 8/28/2014The meals were good and my guest received very good chocolate mousse for her birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Come AgainTwisterDined on 8/27/2014Always wanted to try Rudy's Hideaway, and finally did. We will definitely return. The staff were friendly and very efficient. We both had the prime rib and lobster combo. It was plenty of food and cooked to perfection. It was very comfortable, the only exception was the three ladies in the adjoining booth. They were extremely loud, talking about their trip to Italy.....it may have been the wine! Other than that, it seemed like a nice quiet place. We now have a new favorite restaurant, wish we had tried it sooner.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014We have dined here many times with our group of friends and family. Always friendly, good service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014This was our first time dining at Rudy's. We were greeted warmly and sat immediately Jason was our server and he was GREAT. We had the Tuesday special, I was surprised by the whole experience, from the outside you think you are walking into a bar but yet the inside is elegant but casual. We loved every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveClawdiaDined on 8/25/2014Always great food, pleasant atmosphere, excellent food and service. Delicious Seafood salad and warm bread! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably great!!!FoodieLadyDined on 8/24/2014There were 7 of us gathered for dinner on Sunday at Rudy's Hideaway. Food was really good . . . .prime rib, Boston Clam Chowder, lobster tail, and Scampi . . .served hot, graciously, well prepared and exactly how we requested it. Service was fantastic . . . .always is. My 4th time there, and we will go again.Special Features:
- Outstanding. Shouldn't be missed!StudioLadyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was wonderful. Grilled artichokes were great. Garlic cheese bread is a must have! All the entrees that we had were terrific especially the Filet with lobster and hollandaise and the lobster ravioli. The chocolate moose for dessert was the perfect ending. This restaurant is a real gem. Treat yourself and go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was great, food fantastic. We will be back!
- SuperbDiningDaveDined on 8/19/2014The service was great and the food was outstanding-what more needs to be said?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Had a group of 13. The service was excellent. The food was great. Have been here several times with large groups and always had great food and service.Special Features:
- moodyloriDined on 8/16/2014I hadn't been to Rudy's in years, and was pleasantly surprised that it hasn't changed as far as quality and value of food. The meals are very large, of great taste, and cooked to perfection. A great place for both casual and fancy dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveninghappy19yearsDined on 8/12/2014the service was great. waiter made the evening a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rudy's HideawaypuppyDined on 8/11/2014Our experience was perfect except for our lobster tails being kinda tough. The first bite was like chewing rubber bands. The texture was better in some spots, but most of it was tough...didn't complain though, since the rest of the meal was really good. Our server was efficient, well-versed and engaging. Good chowder, good salad, good potatoes, and the garlic cheese bread was sublime. There was also a delicious dessert, chocolaty and light, which we shared. We'd go back, but would hope for tender sweet lobster. Nice prices too. Thanks Rudy's!Special Features:
- Order the Lobster Ravioli!grayDined on 8/6/2014The crab cakes were just OK but trhe lobster potstickers were very good and the lobetsr ravioli was fabulous! Bring a hearty appetite because there is almost too much food if you have both an appetizer and an entree.Special Features:
- kat3Dined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy dining at Rudy's. Everything was wonderful except that we came on a very hot day and the room we were seated in was not air conditioned very well. We were given a fan to help cool us down. If it weren't for the fan, we would have roasted. But the food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014I have had dinners only but have been to Rudy's many times over the past 20 years and have never been disappointed. The food and server were outstanding on the 31st. I would and have recommend Rudy's to my friends and relatives. I usually do dinner there so I not sure what lunch is like but I can imagine that it is just as fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Denny's ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014We really enjoyed the food but were very disappointed in the service. We had reservations and planned to have a nice dinner with drinks, appetizers. Our waitress, came to our table and we felt like we were in Denny's. We were not asked about drinks and appetizers. She rushed us and we felt cheated. We were out of there in less than an hour. Our bill was nearly $200 but it could have been a lot more if we had been given the opportunity to order more drinks and appetizers. We had reservations and the restaurant was not full so we were not sure why we were rushed. The food was delicious by the way and we plan to come back and home not to be rushed next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday dinner everhazzardVIPDined on 7/31/2014I want to thank the staff at Rudys for making my 56th birthday excellent, I had the 5oz. lobster and prime rib, absoutly delicious, the service was excellent. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Neat restaurant!madiDined on 7/26/2014This place is neat and great seafood. We were seated quick and the servers where very nice.Special Features:
- Our regular placeDiningfriendsDined on 7/25/2014This is our go to restaurant for calamari, clam chowder with, lobster or prime rib depending on our dining mood. Great local restaurant with great service. We keep coming back over the years and have never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Excel Lobster & Rice pilaf w/lemondaydreamerDined on 7/25/2014The rice pilaf is so super with lemon. The lobster is always the best here. Thanks for being a member of Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner...CrimsonDined on 7/25/2014We had a lovely evening at Rudy's Hideaway...The food was fabulous, the service was awesome, and my Mother-in-law's birthday went perfectly...Thank you!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC FIND!MikeDined on 7/24/2014I have been wanting to try out Rudy's ever since I moved back here to the Sacramento area a few years ago. Our visit was totally unplanned and a spur of the moment decision as the idea of your Thursday lobster special was mentioned by one of my friends. The food was terrific and the service was incredible! I can't say enough about what a great time we had and how impressed we are with Rudy's Hideway! See you again soon!Special Features:
- Rudy's was a nice surprise!CapitolcitydinnerDined on 7/24/2014Rudy's does not look like much from the outside, but the inside was GREAT! Nice, comfortable, good service and good food. Our group of 8 met for lunch and everyone was happy with their meal. We loved this place and plan to go back some time very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster shack with retired localspatdVIPDined on 7/23/2014Nice high end menu w surf & turf Crowd was very local and very senior - I think I was the youngest patron in the restaurant by a full generation. Portions were appropriately small (I don't like stuffing myself).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.