12303 Folsom Boulevard
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rudyshideaway.com/
- Phone: (916) 351-0606
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kristina Golden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering is tailored to your unique needs. We specialize in Crab Feed Fund raisers. Take all the hassle out of your next fund raiser with just one call to us.
- Special Events: Lunch and Dinner Banquets available for groups of 14 to 120. Please visit our website for more information.
A word from Rudy's Hideaway
Welcome to Rudy's Hideaway, a Northern California landmark since 1972. We are famous for lobster, slow roasted Prime Rib, and clam chowder. Our food is prepared in-house and served by a friendly, professional staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rudy's Hideaway reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)neighborhood gem (64)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (34)romantic (22)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great service, very good food!BirdwomanDined on 11/22/2014I've been visiting Rudy's now for about 5 years. The food has been consistently very good with one exception: about 10 months ago the grilled artichoke I ordered was terribly over-cooked (perhaps reheated???)--to the point that the tips of the leaves were dried out and curled! I should have said something sooner at the time, but didn't want to embarrass my dinner companion or the server. I do have one suggestion: could you offer the option of a selection of breaded AND grilled items for your fisherman's platter--it's one of my favorites, but it has way too much in the way of fried items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday night Lobster for $18.95 is a good valueSteveWVIPDined on 11/20/2014Rudy's is a local favorite, famed not only for its lobster but also for its steak and other seafood entrees. The dinner orders for our party of four ranged from a Shrimp Louie to the Thursday Night Lobster Special. Everything was tasty. Service was outstanding! We all agreed this is a fun place to eat with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemfood4thoughtDined on 11/10/2014I had not been to Rudy's for many years. (I have been out of the area) Monday was my wife's birthday and she indicated that she would like to have lobster. I thought of Rudy's and made a reservation. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent. Her lobster was as good as we expected. I had prime rib and it was a good portion and perfectly cooked. The restaurant was clean and well decorated. The service was good and the ambiance was quiet. (That's a nice change from most places where you can't even carry on a conversation over the music and noise.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSassyDined on 10/28/2014The food was very, very good. I was surprised at how nice our dining room was. It appears to have recently been updated. Gone was the dark road house look! The noise level was excellent.Special Features:
- justwanteddinnerDined on 10/25/2014waitress could have been a little nicer, or a lot nicerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rookieLovingit22Dined on 10/22/2014not one to talk much....enjoyed dinner, was not disappointed. food was great, service was professional and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Steak and Sea Food SpotJerseypiDined on 10/22/2014I wanted to treat my friend to a good solid american meal the night before she was to have a medical procedure. She had never been to Rudys and is a steak and potato person. We were not disappointed. The service was excellent, very attentive but not overly so, the prime rib melts in your mouth and the claim chowder was the best I've ever had. My friend is not a seafood fan and since we were sharing the appetiezer we chose the hot chicken wings with the blue cheese dressing. That was so delicious, the dressing had chunks of blue cheese and was so creamy delicious. We had planned on having desert but we were so stuffed, and had only eatten half our plates. The portions were very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rudy'sRememberingUncleJessDined on 10/21/2014I remember when I was a kid, my Uncle Jess took mom, dad and I to Rudy's for a lobster dinner. It was the first and best lobster dinner I ever had. I was in the area with some friends and we stopped in for another wonderful dinner. Although I now live in the Bay Area, I hope to get back to Rudy's every now and again for another sweet lobster dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Rudy's is a great place all around. I have been numerous times and I have yet to have any other experience but a positive one! Fantastic food, nothing is average, it is all good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014First visit to Rudy's in > 20 yrs. Restaurant was redecorated and is much better looking. Food was good for a casual weekend dinner but we would not go here for a special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Saturday Night DinnerLiketoDineDined on 10/17/2014A little noise in the main dining area but the seating area as you walk into Rudy's is very nice with booths rather than tables. You'll find table seating in the main dining area near the bar. Food is very good both meat/fish with lobster a specialty and yes everything is fresh and cooked to order. All in all a very decent neighborhood type dining experience with friendly wait staff and bartender. Not too expensive like a serious fine dining experience might cost but not inexpensive either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I have been to Rudy's 3 times and have had the most awesome dinner. Kind and friendly service. The steak and seafood have always been our favorite, Rudy's does a wonderful job.Special Features:
- donbDined on 10/11/2014We had a really good meal and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That burgerHeebsDined on 10/7/2014I wasn't all together happy with where we sat, but that's not what matters to me. I ordered the Kobe Burger, and though I'm sure it's not 100% Kobe (it would have been 4X as expensive, minimum), it was freaking delicious! I ordered it once before a few months back, and had to again. Coming from the perspective of an attendee of the Hamburger of the Month Club, this burger ranks highly.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dining experiencewonderfullDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I had not been to Rudy's for quite awhile. We were realy pleased with our dining experience . Food, Service , and ambiance were all excellant. Thank all of the folks at Rudy's for a wonderful dine out evening. Jim and Jeanette GallowaySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We appreciated the excellent service and the delicious meal.Special Features:
- The Lobster!seafooderDined on 10/4/2014I try to go to Rudy's every year for my birthday lobster. I always ask for the biggest they have. This year it wasn't huge but about 14oz. not bad. the waiters and waitresses are usually great but this time she was really just dead pan. no enthusiasm, never asked if I want a second glass of wine, didn't ask if we wanted ground pepper on our salads, didn't offer or describe the deserts ect. the food was really good as usual but a little help to enjoy ourselves would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for lobster lovers!LaurieDined on 10/2/2014Six of us dined at Rudy's midweek and it is always a lively place! Always busy as it has been open for many years and has a regular following. I had lobster dumplings and a salad but was given a sample of the other dishes and lobster is great. I did not taste the lobster ravioli but hear it is good too. Prawns were large and the one steak at the table looked juicy. Fair prices and good wine selection. Service was o.k.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food4lifeDined on 10/2/2014Doesn't look like much from the outside. However, the inside was nicely decorated and the food was very good. The Stuffed Mushrooms in the red caper sauce were very excellent.Special Features:
- Very good as usualdeandecDined on 9/27/2014We go to Rudy's several times per year. We enjoy the service, the food preparation, and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Lucky findNannaDined on 9/27/2014We needed a good dinner place close to Rancho Cordova. We met family, there were 8 of us. Our dinners were very good. One person had prime rib, and was very pleased. It was served just as ordered, and he was able to cut with his fork. One down note my sister and I had the Scampi, and the prawns were slightly over cooked, still tasty, but a bit tough. The salads were very nice, potatoes, both mashed and baked were very good. They offer coconut cream pie and banana cream pie (plus several other choices) for dessert. The coconut pie was great. We didn't lack for service, water filled as needed etc. Good Place we would defiantly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Service/Steak & LobsterJanetDined on 9/25/2014I went to Rudy's while vacationing up in Sacramento. We went to celebrate a birthday. The food choices were great and everyone enjoyed a delicious meal! Our server was great!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!AbalonecookDined on 9/24/2014The prime rib was outstanding as well as the lobster! This is a great place for casual dining and celebrations. Our waiter was outstanding, anticipating our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!A2S2Dined on 9/24/2014We went to Rudy's to celebrate my husband's birthday and had a great lunch! I very much appreciated being able to make a reservation online and loved the bonus of Rudy's doing an Outlook email invite to all the guests. We had a great waiter who was very attentive, professional and fun. Everybody enjoyed their food and the ambiance was wonderful. Love the artwork! A quintessential local neighborhood place - you can't manufacture that wonderful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- orangefoodie's "hideaway"orangefoodieDined on 9/23/2014Have eaten at this local spot several times over the last 10 or so years. It always is good and reliable. They have lobster specials on Thursday nights; that appeals to my New England born spouse. Nothing fancy to look at but a fun nautical decorative theme inside. It is frequented by locals. This time, my two friends were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christian88Dined on 9/19/2014The evening was perfect for a special night out. The lobster is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hubforlobstetDined on 9/19/2014We were there and upset cause of home was in danger but our waitress she has been there for a long time made us feel at home bill was very high butcwe did get a bottle of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday Dinner with a side of glass!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I found a piece of glass in my salad and they didn't comp anything off the bill. It was also my birthday dinner so having glass in my food made for a horrible birthday dinner. I will not be returning!
- Love new lookAngelDined on 9/16/2014It has been a while since my wife and I eaten at Rudys ...loved the update look , food was in all the senses wonderful. I have a great picture on Facebook of our special dinner happy 25th Anniversary to us! Great nite we were early fir our reservation they accommodated us friendly great service we had live lobster wuth prime rib yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks can be deceivingfatoldmanDined on 9/13/2014The outside of the building is rather dated but the food is excellent. Try the clam chowder and lobster and king crab. The prime rib is tender and seasoned well. We plan to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous would eat here again.Pixiesx3Dined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Drinks were good. Staff were fabulous. Would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good balanceMyBizznessDined on 9/12/2014We hadn't been to Rudy's for 17 years. Mostly because the last time we were there we weren't that impress with the food quality as compared to the prices. Tried it again last weekend for a special occasion, and I must say the place has improved quite a bit since the last time we were there. The food was good, not great but good, service was friendly and prompt, and the prices seemed on par. We'll be back again and won't wait 17 years this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sea FoodAaronDined on 9/9/2014I find that this place - is great for dining and enjoying sea food type of foods.Special Features:
- Rudy's ReviewDonsDiningGuideDined on 9/7/2014I have dined at Rudy's probably a dozen time over the years. Whether with a group or just a couple, they have always been on time for our reservation, answered questions about the menu and had good recommendations. Prices are within a reasonable range, service is always great and if you wish to take your time, there is no rush to get you out. My recent dinner was a date, and some months ago it was a group of about 10 pre-paring for a disaster exercise the next morning and we were able to work and dine at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible tableRudysRudeDined on 9/6/2014Made reservations for 6:30 to ensure a nice booth for special birthday. Was placed in middle of room in table for two when had three people. Booths open all around us. Asked for a better booth and told none available. Many were open! Was placed by the bar at another tiny table in entrance way of that room. Noisy and disruptive Biker table next to us and bar full of loud people. As we left there were still many booths open. VERY disappointing!!!Special Features:
- Rudy's Hideawaykat3Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to Rudy's several times in the last couple of years and have always had a wonderful experience. The food is consistently excellent and the service is efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Good bargainBuckeye1VIPDined on 8/28/2014The meals were good and my guest received very good chocolate mousse for her birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Come AgainTwisterDined on 8/27/2014Always wanted to try Rudy's Hideaway, and finally did. We will definitely return. The staff were friendly and very efficient. We both had the prime rib and lobster combo. It was plenty of food and cooked to perfection. It was very comfortable, the only exception was the three ladies in the adjoining booth. They were extremely loud, talking about their trip to Italy.....it may have been the wine! Other than that, it seemed like a nice quiet place. We now have a new favorite restaurant, wish we had tried it sooner.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014We have dined here many times with our group of friends and family. Always friendly, good service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014This was our first time dining at Rudy's. We were greeted warmly and sat immediately Jason was our server and he was GREAT. We had the Tuesday special, I was surprised by the whole experience, from the outside you think you are walking into a bar but yet the inside is elegant but casual. We loved every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.