12303 Folsom Boulevard
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rudyshideaway.com/
- Phone: 9163510606
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kristina Golden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering is tailored to your unique needs. We specialize in Crab Feed Fund raisers. Take all the hassle out of your next fund raiser with just one call to us.
- Special Events: Lunch and Dinner Banquets available for groups of 14 to 120. Please visit our website for more information.
A word from Rudy's Hideaway
Welcome to Rudy's Hideaway, a Northern California landmark since 1972. We are famous for lobster, slow roasted Prime Rib, and clam chowder. Our food is prepared in-house and served by a friendly, professional staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rudy's Hideaway reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)neighborhood gem (73)good for groups (49)romantic (38)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (34)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (11)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Rudy's Hideawaykat3Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to Rudy's several times in the last couple of years and have always had a wonderful experience. The food is consistently excellent and the service is efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Good bargainBuckeye1VIPDined on 8/28/2014The meals were good and my guest received very good chocolate mousse for her birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014We have dined here many times with our group of friends and family. Always friendly, good service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014This was our first time dining at Rudy's. We were greeted warmly and sat immediately Jason was our server and he was GREAT. We had the Tuesday special, I was surprised by the whole experience, from the outside you think you are walking into a bar but yet the inside is elegant but casual. We loved every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveClawdiaDined on 8/25/2014Always great food, pleasant atmosphere, excellent food and service. Delicious Seafood salad and warm bread! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably great!!!FoodieLadyDined on 8/24/2014There were 7 of us gathered for dinner on Sunday at Rudy's Hideaway. Food was really good . . . .prime rib, Boston Clam Chowder, lobster tail, and Scampi . . .served hot, graciously, well prepared and exactly how we requested it. Service was fantastic . . . .always is. My 4th time there, and we will go again.Special Features:
- Outstanding. Shouldn't be missed!StudioLadyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was wonderful. Grilled artichokes were great. Garlic cheese bread is a must have! All the entrees that we had were terrific especially the Filet with lobster and hollandaise and the lobster ravioli. The chocolate moose for dessert was the perfect ending. This restaurant is a real gem. Treat yourself and go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was great, food fantastic. We will be back!
- SuperbDiningDaveDined on 8/19/2014The service was great and the food was outstanding-what more needs to be said?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Had a group of 13. The service was excellent. The food was great. Have been here several times with large groups and always had great food and service.Special Features:
- moodyloriDined on 8/16/2014I hadn't been to Rudy's in years, and was pleasantly surprised that it hasn't changed as far as quality and value of food. The meals are very large, of great taste, and cooked to perfection. A great place for both casual and fancy dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveninghappy19yearsDined on 8/12/2014the service was great. waiter made the evening a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rudy's HideawaypuppyDined on 8/11/2014Our experience was perfect except for our lobster tails being kinda tough. The first bite was like chewing rubber bands. The texture was better in some spots, but most of it was tough...didn't complain though, since the rest of the meal was really good. Our server was efficient, well-versed and engaging. Good chowder, good salad, good potatoes, and the garlic cheese bread was sublime. There was also a delicious dessert, chocolaty and light, which we shared. We'd go back, but would hope for tender sweet lobster. Nice prices too. Thanks Rudy's!Special Features:
- Order the Lobster Ravioli!grayDined on 8/6/2014The crab cakes were just OK but trhe lobster potstickers were very good and the lobetsr ravioli was fabulous! Bring a hearty appetite because there is almost too much food if you have both an appetizer and an entree.Special Features:
- Awesome!ChrisMDined on 8/6/2014Don't pass this place up - great service, food, and ambience. For a place that specializes in seafood, they have great prime rib! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kat3Dined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy dining at Rudy's. Everything was wonderful except that we came on a very hot day and the room we were seated in was not air conditioned very well. We were given a fan to help cool us down. If it weren't for the fan, we would have roasted. But the food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014I have had dinners only but have been to Rudy's many times over the past 20 years and have never been disappointed. The food and server were outstanding on the 31st. I would and have recommend Rudy's to my friends and relatives. I usually do dinner there so I not sure what lunch is like but I can imagine that it is just as fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Denny's ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014We really enjoyed the food but were very disappointed in the service. We had reservations and planned to have a nice dinner with drinks, appetizers. Our waitress, came to our table and we felt like we were in Denny's. We were not asked about drinks and appetizers. She rushed us and we felt cheated. We were out of there in less than an hour. Our bill was nearly $200 but it could have been a lot more if we had been given the opportunity to order more drinks and appetizers. We had reservations and the restaurant was not full so we were not sure why we were rushed. The food was delicious by the way and we plan to come back and home not to be rushed next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday dinner everhazzardVIPDined on 7/31/2014I want to thank the staff at Rudys for making my 56th birthday excellent, I had the 5oz. lobster and prime rib, absoutly delicious, the service was excellent. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Neat restaurant!madiDined on 7/26/2014This place is neat and great seafood. We were seated quick and the servers where very nice.Special Features:
- Our regular placeDiningfriendsDined on 7/25/2014This is our go to restaurant for calamari, clam chowder with, lobster or prime rib depending on our dining mood. Great local restaurant with great service. We keep coming back over the years and have never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Excel Lobster & Rice pilaf w/lemondaydreamerDined on 7/25/2014The rice pilaf is so super with lemon. The lobster is always the best here. Thanks for being a member of Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner...CrimsonDined on 7/25/2014We had a lovely evening at Rudy's Hideaway...The food was fabulous, the service was awesome, and my Mother-in-law's birthday went perfectly...Thank you!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC FIND!MikeDined on 7/24/2014I have been wanting to try out Rudy's ever since I moved back here to the Sacramento area a few years ago. Our visit was totally unplanned and a spur of the moment decision as the idea of your Thursday lobster special was mentioned by one of my friends. The food was terrific and the service was incredible! I can't say enough about what a great time we had and how impressed we are with Rudy's Hideway! See you again soon!Special Features:
- Rudy's was a nice surprise!CapitolcitydinnerDined on 7/24/2014Rudy's does not look like much from the outside, but the inside was GREAT! Nice, comfortable, good service and good food. Our group of 8 met for lunch and everyone was happy with their meal. We loved this place and plan to go back some time very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster shack with retired localspatdVIPDined on 7/23/2014Nice high end menu w surf & turf Crowd was very local and very senior - I think I was the youngest patron in the restaurant by a full generation. Portions were appropriately small (I don't like stuffing myself).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robietobyDined on 7/23/2014The service was excellent. Waitress always smiling. Nice place for leisure eating. Air conditioning blowing on us, waitress helped move us to a more suitable table Seemed delighted to make us comfortable. Good excellent. Meat and veggies cooked perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodJJRanchoCordovaDined on 7/20/2014We were a group of four. I had the lobster tail and baked potato. It was very good. The other three ordered the prime rib. All were very happy with it, and after a taste I agreed. Very flavorful. We will visit again soon.Special Features:
- Food Not As ExpectedOPREVIEWDined on 7/19/2014My son had the NY Steak which was flavorless and over cooked. The Filet Mignon was good however whatever fish was on top was horrible. The hamburger was good however the bun was way too big for the burger. We had asked the waiter if the restaurant had a signature drink and he stated no...really?? The waiter must have been new as he was just so so. When you are paying $30.00 a plate per meal you want exceptional service.Special Features:
- great Sacramento classicwineloverDined on 7/18/2014LOVE the artwork - many Tomas pieces, beautiful! Svc quick & friendly. Waiter at table within 2 mins of sitting down, soup immed after we ordered. Bit of a wait for entrees, was a Fri night & busy. Only neg cmt - he walked by table with hubby's empty glass on corner 3 or 4 times, didn't offer fresh drinks until he brought entrees. Food exactly as expected. We both had rib eye dinner with clam chowder to start. Chowder was delish - thick & tasty with bacon mixed in, plenty of potatoes & claims. Lobster was fine, cooked right. Steak was tender and cooked as I ordered it - medium rare. Garlic mashed potatoes were divine. Good wine list, nice choice of varietals and price points We'll definitely be back, maybe for a birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinglovetazDined on 7/15/2014this is the best local place to eat, food outstanding and service can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationcle66Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great dining experience. The food was great and the service was especially good!Special Features:
- Very Good RestaurantArcaexDined on 7/10/2014Wife and went here for our anniversary and found it to be very good. Our waiter was fantastic and even suggested we moved to a bigger table to make it easier to eat. The food was tasty. We would go back for sure.Special Features:
- Loved the LobsterPetesmom06Dined on 7/6/2014The lobster was excellent. Our waiter was very courteous and attentive. Nice dinner for our son's 46th birthday. Rudy's is a must dine for us on our trips back to Sacramento since we retired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally good foodFitzDined on 7/5/2014I had lobster ravioli which was quite good. My daughter had a lobster roll which was also good. My wife had salmon, which was a bit overcooked and tasteless.Special Features:
- Our table was waiting!luvlobsterDined on 7/5/2014What a great restaurant! We've been coming to Rudy's for many years and it has remained the same great place. Service is great! Food is excellent! We ALWAYS have lobster...tender and delicious. We've started using "Open Table" for reservations and that has worked out perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeriDined on 7/3/2014Best darned clam chowder in the State. I have tried Pismo Beach, San Diego and still love Rudy's bestSpecial Features:
- Quite Good.SameDined on 7/3/2014Well done, as usual..................................................................................................................................................... Good food and service..................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Went here for a special occassion. First time trying it. Looked a bit dated on the outside, but much nicer inside. Then, shocked at how delicious the food was. server was awesome, presentation as expected, and taste was great. Will definitely come back time and again. Already have plans to bring family back to show them. Then, asking around, turns out several friends have gone in the past. Was a good reminder for them. Too bad its not closer to us, we would go more often....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Sticks would have been better!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We took my son and his girlfriend out here while visiting from out of town. The waitress seemed very impatient and when she filled your water each time she would say "thank you" before you even had time to open your mouth. She was not the worst part - the food was AWFUL! My husband and I ordered the seafood platter and I kid you not frozen fish sticks would have been better! The entire plate consisted of heavily battered and greasy fried shrimp, cod, scallops, and popcorn shrimp. I got mashed potatoes which were COLD and tasteless and my husband got a baked potato that was also cold. It was late and had been driving all day and did not feel complaining would help the situation so we enjoyed the company and WILL NEVER go back!