Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
2028 Postoffice Street
Galveston, TX 77550Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.galveston.com/rudypaco
- Phone: (409) 762-3696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering services for all occasions and party sizes. Please contact Paco at (409) 762-3696 or email us at RudyandPacos@gmail.com for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We are more than happy to close the restaurant for your private party. Contact us to discuss the many options available.
- Private Party Contact: Paco Vargas (409) 762-3696
A word from Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart CasualContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Galveston ›
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Denise and Paco have created a treasureGalvestonBoyDined on 11/25/2014Denise and Paco have created a truly outstanding dining experience. The food, wine list, and service are equaled by no one. This restaurant would be Five Star no matter the location. Houston, New York, or Paris. And the greatest greeting in the world is to hear Paco say, "Welcome Home, My Friend".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paco never failsrkkrVIPDined on 11/20/2014Paco always makes you feel like family. The paco pico sauce is fantastic. And the fish is fresh. One of the best mixta salads I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and atmosphere are outstanding.DWM20Dined on 11/20/2014The service, quality, presentation and attentiveness to the customer are just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!foodiefamilyDined on 11/19/2014We were warmly greeted as we entered the restaurant. We had reservations and were seated immediately. Our server Jordan was excellent. She was helpful and attentive, but not intrusive. Our food was delicious. The spinach salad served with a warm bacon dressing was awesome. I had scallops and my husband had a steak. Both were fabulous. We ended the dinner with a shared ice cream ball covered in chocolate and nuts. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jim9jimDined on 11/18/2014Always enjoy this restaurant !!! Look forwards to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's all about the detailsAlrexDined on 11/17/2014food was great, scallops amazing! Really loved the professionalism of the wait staff and that each dish was placed on the table at the same time during service. they are all about the little detailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome restaurantjac1167Dined on 11/17/2014The place was wonderful by far the best restaurant I have ever been too. The food, service and the ambience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special nightdmassietxDined on 11/15/2014We had been to a pub on Post Office St., and found the cigarette smoke and loud, harsh music off-putting, so we quickly made reservations for Rudy & Paco for 6:30 PM--it was just next door. We arrived at about 6:15, but they seated us immediately. The atmosphere at R&P couldn't have been more different, with mirrored walls, candles, bustling staff dressed impeccably and white tablecloths. Our waiter, Chad, had the forethought to ask if we were going to the Grand next door, and assured us we would be through in time for the 8 PM show. The food was excellent, the staff attentive, the drinks admirably strong and all-in-all, it was an outstanding dining experience. They do a cool 'event' when serving drinks: If all four diners ordered wine, for example, four servers bring four separate carafes and serve simultaneously. My only quibble is that Google Search indicates the prices were $$ -- a lower level than I would have given it. This guide indicates a price of $$$ would have been more appropriate: http://www.dallasdinesout.com/price/price.htm We chose entrees in the low $30 range. The total cost of the evening for three people, with two drinks each and one dessert shared was $135 before the tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to dine in GalvestonOCanadaDined on 11/14/2014At least on the weekend, make a reservation. This is an extremely popular restaurant in Galveston. We happened to sit beside a notable wine maker and a former NFL coach. The dinner took centre stage though. We had two different white fish specials that were both delicious, well prepared and presented. The service was very attentive and our server was very well informed when asked numerous menu questions. We should not have had dessert, but if you have a sweet tooth, the bread pudding was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in galvestonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Really enjoyed the food and staff. Great wine menu. No gluten free menu but staff were super knowledgeable and helpful I helping with gf items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal every timeGaryLizDined on 11/12/2014We try to eat at Rudy & Paco every time we go to Galveston. In all the times we have eaten there we have always had a very positive experience and a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2014Food was excellent. The dining room was a bit crowded, had to navigate between tables and chairs to get through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Loved by locals and highly recommended if you are visiting the Island! I always order one of the specials and have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Probably the best eatery in G-town!MAM1973Dined on 11/8/2014Highest quality foods, wine and service at great pricing for overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent PleaserTXDinerDined on 11/7/2014When in Galveston, Rudy & Paco's is a must! I have never been disappointed & have always recommended with confidence to friends....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service &excellent foodHSinGalvDined on 11/6/2014We select this restaurant for both special occasions and for the times when we want a great dining experience with outstanding food. The service is always spot on - we have never had a disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingTiki1Dined on 11/3/2014Dined for a special occasion recently. We have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years and have never been disappointed. The Wahoo special was probably the best fish dish I've ever had and I grew up on the Gulf Coast eating seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We were celebrating a year together and had an absolutly amazing time. Paco himself greeted us and made sure we were taken care of. The food was incredible and the ambiance was romantic. Definitely a place you must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great ambiance and amazing food. Best ever chocolate martini! Dark lighting that you adjust to but very romantic.Special Features:
- LocalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Always a pleasure to see Paco's smile Everything on the menu's great, espically the innovative dishes offered as specials Wine list might be the best in TX Waitstaff is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantAngelo1Dined on 11/1/2014We dined last Saturday evening and again was so pleased with the food and service. This is by far our favorite restaurant not only in Galveston but all of the Houston area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!TexasFoodieDined on 10/30/2014We done with Paco regularly. It is always a special experience with food like nowhere else on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superior seafoodwiczDined on 10/24/2014best redfish I've ever had. superior food in general, and excellent, caring service and management. a top restaurant for that town, even that region.Special Features:
- Best seafoodBV123Dined on 10/24/2014Rudy and Pacos have the best seafood in the Galveston/ Houston area. If you want fresh food cooked to perfection then you have to try this place. Make sure to make reservations, it books up fast!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Experiencelolatx24Dined on 10/24/2014I am not sure what impressed me more, the impeccable service or the absolutely divine cuisine. We will be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualgalvestonlocalDined on 10/24/2014Rudy and Pacos is a great place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. Food is always excellent as is the service. Crab bisque, Pargo sympatico and bread pudding are fantastic. Scalloped potatoes are only available on weekends, so plan accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galveston Favoriteluv2dineoutDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant! Our first choice when planning a visit to the area.Special Features:
- Our Fav Restaurant in GalvestonLikestoeatDined on 10/17/2014My Husband and I love this restaurant. The food is great and the service is outstanding. Reservations in advance is a must.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Second time going, and once again it was fabulous! Perfect date night. The service was outstanding. The crab bisque and the Tres Leches were amazing. My husband had the special, Soft shell crab and that was wonderful too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect end to 15th anniversaryFisher16Dined on 10/16/2014After having several obstacles come in the way of a perfectly planned day with my wife this dinner was perfect. The service and food could not have been better. The owner and staff made us feel truly special and you don't get that in many restaurants anymore. I will be back every time I am in Gapveston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in GalvestonbrianDined on 10/14/2014This was the most fantastic dining experience I have had in ages. The food was superb. Beautifully prepared and served. The service was impeccable. Outstanding is the only word.Special Features:
- Avoid the riff raffphishin4foodDined on 10/14/2014Overpriced with marginal service and less than average food. If you have nothing else to do with your money, this place is for you and you won't see too many everday people there. Martinis for $13, 4 scallops and a couple of pieces of asparagus for $34 left me hungry and sober. To top it off, the scallops were fishy and the service was seriously lacking. For two, we spent $175 with tip and for the level of food and service should not have spent much more than $50. Not sure where the pepole are eating that write all these positive reviews but they must be used to something different than I am. Definitely will not return, once was enough.
- A classicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014I never get disappointed when I eat at Rudy and Paco. High quality food, service, ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Amazing as always. Our favorite place to eat on the island and always our first choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICElouiseinclearlakeDined on 10/11/2014EXPENSIVE, BUT WORTH IT FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION. OUR ADULT CHILDREN ENJOYED THE FOOD AS MUCH AS WE DID.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Consistently good. We have a great time every time we eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LynnDined on 10/10/2014Yet again, the food, wine and service was first class. LynnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatamnaDined on 10/8/2014Wonderful experience. Proud to take my brother and his wife visiting from Michigan to Rudy & Paco. 4th visit in two months. Quickly becoming our special occasion place to visit!Special Features:
- Impeccable ServicekenandjylDined on 10/8/2014The appetizers and entrees were excellent. The service was truly outstanding. We had a 6:30pm reservation and once we were seated we were greeted by name when the staff came to take our drink order. Regardless of the size of your party, all elements of your meal, from drinks to appetizers, entrees and deserts were served simultaneously to each member of your party. Each party received a well choreographed level of service that left no detail undone. The staff was able to make ordinary people feel extra ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated us like family!ConstantEaterDined on 10/4/2014My girlfriend and I went for our 6 year anniversary. We had a reservation so we were seated right away. The wait staff were efficient and courteous and the complimentary plantain chips and sourdough bread were good enough to be appetizers in their own right. The prices were a little steep but the portions were large and the flavor combinations were on point. We were even given a complimentary desert for our anniversary complete with a candle. I also think one of the owners came by to fill my water but i'm not sure. I will definitely have this place in mind for my next special occasion.Special Features: