Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
2028 Postoffice Street
Galveston, TX 77550Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.galveston.com/rudypaco
- Phone: (409) 762-3696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering services for all occasions and party sizes. Please contact Paco at (409) 762-3696 or email us at RudyandPacos@gmail.com for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We are more than happy to close the restaurant for your private party. Contact us to discuss the many options available.
- Private Party Contact: Paco Vargas (409) 762-3696
A word from Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart CasualContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Galveston ›
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (209)romantic (157)notable wine list (126)fit for foodies (126)neighborhood gem (91)good for groups (49)great for lunch (47)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Loved the food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014There were six of us, all couples. The food was AWESOME, loved the atmosphere!! The only complaint was the wait, our reservations were for 8:00, did not get seated until 8:30, and there was standing room only. This is a very small place, but well worth the wait! Would go again for a special occasion. It was our anniversary and our friends wedding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time, Bad TableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Had a great time here with the girlfriend on a romantic 3 day weekend in downtown Galveston. The restaurant was crowded and tight, but the ambiance was everything you want in a small upscale gem like this - classy yet laid back, cozy, and dimly lit. Unfortunately, we got sat at the worst table in the restaurant near the kitchen entrance/bar, however, the hostess was kind enough to move us immediately after we asked for a new table. At our fault, we chose the 2nd worst table by the restrooms, where our table was bumped into 3 times by people going in/out. It didn't bother us too much, but the tables here are definitley tight. The food was awesome, the service was impeccable, and overall, would come here again (at a better table).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent and the service was superb. We will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super as always!ALH2053VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a family dinner there Labor Day weekend. Basically our party of seven ordered a cross section of the menu. Some had steak while others had fish items. There were no complaints anywhere. I personally had the off the menu sea bass which was perfect. Served hot with a side of fresh veggies and the always good au gratin potatoes. From appetizers to desserts all was great. If you have not tried this restaurant the service is very good and it does not matter what you order, you will be pleased. When in Galveston Rudy and Paco is our go to place for special evenings out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in GalvestonOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/28/2014Attentive service. Creative menu. Well prepared. I lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitDryCreekDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I moved to Galveston a year ago and this was our first visit to Rudy and Paco's. It won't be our last. The food was impeccably prepared, the service was attentive and courteous, and the wine was delicious. All-in-all, a perfect date-night and we will be back!Special Features:
- Fine Dining in GalvestonImpressMeDined on 8/25/2014It's no wonder that visiting celebrities flock to Rudy & Paco's. The service will wow you The menu offers so many ways to enjoy our Gulf seafood, it's a challenge to choose. Fortunately, our excellent server Ashlee was able to make the perfect recommendation. Loved the red snapper and the grilled shrimp. Great selection of wines by the glass, and we had a lot of fun with the chocolate and pecan-covered ice cream ball for dessert. Will definitely make this my go-to place when in Galveston. Also one of the few places open on a Monday night.Special Features:
- One of the BestThatGuyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Having been to a number of excellent in the Houston metro area, I can say that Rudy & Paco's is among the best of the best. It's always a delight to dine here. What they do with snapper and salmon is just amazing. Service is always impeccable.Special Features:
- JANET IVEYMSI92351Dined on 8/23/2014RYAN AND ALL OF THE WAIT STAFF WERE OUTSTANDING AS WAS THE FOOD. WE VERY MUCH ENJOYED OUR EVENING !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CINDERELLADined on 8/22/2014OUR FIRST VISIT,HAD HEARD GREAT REVIEWS AND EVERYONE WAS RIGHT--SO ENJOYED OUR EVENING. WE BROUGHT GUESTS AND ALL ENJOYED. WILL DEFINETLY RETURNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and lovely restaurantkgm123Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent fresh seafood with a nice variety of choices on the menu. Attentive staff and nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining ExperienceJayboyDined on 8/22/2014Walk in and think you are in New York, New Orleans or San Francisco but no, right here on the Gulf Coast you are immersed in a relaxed fine dining room, probably the best in 500 miles. Extra care and the food is sublime. Francisco runs a well disciplined pleasant experience. The main reason I visit Galveston is Rudy's. The best.Special Features:
- Finest dining imaginable 💖BmyjunebugDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I have been dining at Rudy and Paco's since 1999. We make it a point to eat here every.single.time we come to Galveston. You will never be dissapointed here. From the moment you walk in the mood is set. A warm hug from the owner himself. Dim lighting. Classy. So classy. Attentive staff. Then there's the FOOD! We love it all...but we realllly love the empanadas appetizer, the filete de simpatico, and for dessert the chocolate sabroso and the ice cream rolled in pecans and butterscotch. It's not the best restaraunt in the USA...it's the best restaraunt in the world!!! I mean it with all my heart!!! 💖💖💖Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Very enjoyable, service was great, food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJHumphDined on 8/21/2014Food was amazing and unique. Service was better than I have ever experienced at a restaurant before. When I made the reservation online, I noted it was my wife's birthday. They brought out a piece of birthday cake to surprise her that was excellent, without making a big obnoxious scene about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a loud nightBeachbumaggieDined on 8/20/2014Our food was great-as usual. Our service was good until the end-our server was tied up bringing more wine n wine glasses for the loud large bday party nxt to us. We waited 10-15 minutes for her to pick up our cards to pay out. Bday group was loud and obnoxious and was seated down the middle of the restaurant so they were annoying to many others-based on the dirty looks was seeing thrown their way. Sadly, Paco pandered to them-I recognize they were a large ticket table, especially with all of the wine consumed, but we remaining guests were left covering our ears and neglected.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary!SuetravelsDined on 8/18/2014Stopped in Galveston to celebrate our anniversary and took my husband to Rudy and Paco's, a place he's always wanted to go! Excellent service made the meal more special but not overbearing. The menu made decisions difficult but every choice was executed perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and PersonalWadeDined on 8/16/2014Small, elegant restaurant. We loved the attention to detail and the eclectic mix of patrons; very energetic crowd. Service was a little slow, due to the packed house for the evening. The escargot and crab cake appetizers were delicious, but small. The crab bisque was excellent, but the portion was too small. My plate, the Vuelva a la Vida, was very good, but I would have made changes to it. The broth was too thin, the calamari was overcooked, and the crab claws required you to dip your fingers into the broth to pick and eat them. I would thicken the broth, add clams and mussels, and a few scallops. My wife's red snapper with cilantro sauce was excellent, but also too small. Her scalloped potatoes were excellent. Loved meeting Paco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in decades ofdiningCookyDined on 8/16/2014It's the best restaurant I've gone to in the last 25 years -- and I've been to plenty, both in the U.S. and abroad. Our table was ready the moment we got there, we were welcomed warmly by the owner and wait staff, and got a complementary appetizer, along with the delicious dried banana strips and sauces. The wine list was very good, and the menu is large and varied. However, we all ordered the delicious evening specials. I had the parmesan crusted soft shell crabs, others had halibut and sea bass. The crabs were large, perfectly done and the best soft shell crabs I've ever had in my life. The service was amazing -- all our entrees were served at the same time, by 4 waiters. It's best to get dinner reservations. Need reservations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Rudy and Paco is a one a kind gem. Fantastic food from the fried plantains presented soon after you are seated to the dessert is delicious. The service is amazing. They are the best. Formal but friendly, prompt but not hovering. The way they present the food to the table as a team so that each customer is served at the same time is unique. My husband and I have eaten in San Fransisco, Napa, on the slopes of Diamond Head, and the Florida Keys. Next to Michels in Hawaii this is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Definition of excellenceRoadtripper22Dined on 8/15/2014A rare restaurant that combines outstanding food with professional service. The seafood is so fresh and the dishes do bring the something special- the "sabor" as the menu says. There were three in my group and each of us loved our dinner choices: appetizers of jumbo lump crab cake and Camarones EJ (shrimp in a lemony caper sauce); Caesar salad; entrees of grilled snapper, one with creole sauce and one with a cilantro cream sauce. The star of the evening was the incredible bread pudding with bourbon sauce. So wear something nice and treat yourself to a special dinner at a special restaurant. Moderately expensive and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in a long timeRipleyDined on 8/15/2014Delightful experience with excellent service and wonderful food. Portions are generous and the presentations are very tasteful, both in appearance and on the tongue. Waitstaff, from the moment we entered to the final good-bye, were appropriately attentive. When asked for a bit more of their great salsa, more than just a little bit was brought out with a smile. Clearly this is one of Galveston's best restaurants - a little more relaxed for lunch and more formal for dinner. A perfect blend of Central American, northern South American and fresh Texas coast gulf seafood. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatavimarDined on 8/15/2014Always a standout experience with great food and impeccable service. Reliable and consistent with its own unique charm.Special Features:
- Rudy and Paco'sBillMcDined on 8/14/2014As always, Paco was a great host with food and service to match. The place to go in Galveston. Atmosphere transports you to New York in terms of ambience and service with the informality of the tropics.Special Features:
- amazingmacybrownDined on 8/13/2014This is our favorite place! We usually only come 1-2 times a year (special occasions) because it is kinda pricey BUT WORTH IT EVERY TIME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backCGChickDined on 8/13/2014The front door is very unassuming. We were hesitant to open it because it looked like it might be the back door. But we stepped inside, and the service was incredible. The wait staff weren't so attentive as to be annoying, but we never had to wait long to ask a question or to have our glasses refilled. The food we had was amazing (crab-stuffed grouper and Chilean sea bass) and I'm so glad I got the Quatro Leche cake for dessert. The next time we vacation near Galveston, we will definitely make a reservation here.Special Features:
- OutstandingDanaVDined on 8/12/2014Rudy and Paco is by far one of our favorite restaurants! The ambience of beautiful (including the restrooms!), the food is amazing and the service simply could not be better. We are always greeted by the owner and made to feel very at home. No trip to Galveston is complete without a trip to Rudy and Paco. We cannot recommend this restaurant more highly!Special Features:
- Fantastic Gemss2shortDined on 8/11/2014We were so lucky to find this place on a week night during our recent trip to Galveston. It was quiet around the place but when we got it in it was a wonderful atmosphere of laughter and happiness in the air. We met Paco and he was such a gentleman. Took pics with us and all. Just an absolutely wonderful experience. Only thing was my chicken with black been sauce was not as crispy as I have had it at Americas in Houston but that was just a smalllllll blimp.Special Features:
- FabulousLovelyEveningDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful birthday dinner, great atmosphere and service. Had the red snapper special. Will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TexasBarbieShannonDined on 8/11/2014The ultimate in dining experiences in Texas and perhaps the U.S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Best of GalvestonIslandSeaAggie15Dined on 8/8/2014Rudy & Paco's lives up to every expectation that anyone would want from a nice restaurant. Having this gem in Galveston makes it even better. Great for a special occasion, group dinner or a romantic surprise. "You get what you pay for" is true here. Top service combined with the best food makes it #1 in my book. One of the best steaks I've ever had in my life. I'm glad I live only eleven blocks away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the line dining experience!JERRYILLINIWEKDined on 8/8/2014When we were seated, our waiter greeted us by name. We munched fried plantains dipped in the excellent house pico de gallo and had a very difficult time choosing an item from a great menu. The food was excellent; the portions were sensible. My wife and I split a slice if Key Lime pie and left for the theater. This was the second time we celebrated my wife's birthday at Rudy and Paco's in Galveston, and it will certainly not be the last...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LadybugVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great seafood restaurant, fresh fish. The crab bisque and crab cakes are fantastic! The snapper dishes we each ordered were wonderful. Highly recommend this great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciouskmmul123Dined on 8/5/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Rudy and Paco! Everything was delicious and it was the perfect place to celebrate our new marriage on our honeymoon! Next time we are in Galveston we will be sure to stop at Rudy and Paco again!Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceMike427Dined on 8/4/2014Our dinner at Rudy and Paco was truly outstanding. The food and service were impeccable. We started with the ceviche and the crab bisque. Both were excellent. The bisque was one of the best soups we have ever had. Our entrees were a halibut special and pargo elegante. Both were great. Our waitress, Ashlee, was also outstanding. Overall, it was one of our best dining experiences ever!Special Features:
- Fabulous as always. A must.ShannonDined on 8/4/2014We stop here every time we are in town. Food and service is impeccable. Always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galveston's BestBobDDined on 8/4/2014Exceptional dining experience for Galveston...or anywhere else. Houston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco...this restaurant would be highly rated anywhere. Great food, quality service, and the owner onsite greeting diners and overseeing every detail. This trip I had the pecan crusted snapper...the best I have ever eaten. My wife had a shrimp dish in lemon butter sauce. She loved it, but vowed to order my snapper next time. Excellent wine list, good selection of appetizers, soups, and salads. Plenty of meat on the menu and as specials if you are leaning that way. But if you like seafood don't miss the snapper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The food was fantastic and the service impeccable. We had salads, fish, and desert. The atmosphere was quiet and quaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very memorable mealAmalina52VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at this establishment at least 10 times and we have always thought R&P had consistent food that we wouldn't hesitate to go back . My husband was very pleased with his rib eye and Zi with my snapper Freddie, although quite full after sharing the crab cake for our appetizer . I took half my meal home and had it for dinner the next day. The quatro leches for dessert was truly outstanding ! Thank you Paco for always an enjoyable meal ! You have the best food in Galveston!!! Maybe even Houston as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Staff very attentive. Menu excellent, top to bottom. Food delicious. Ambiance very good.Special Features: