Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
2028 Postoffice Street
Galveston, TX 77550Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.galveston.com/rudypaco
- Phone: (409) 762-3696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering services for all occasions and party sizes. Please contact Paco at (409) 762-3696 or email us at RudyandPacos@gmail.com for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We are more than happy to close the restaurant for your private party. Contact us to discuss the many options available.
- Private Party Contact: Paco Vargas (409) 762-3696
A word from Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart CasualContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Galveston ›
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (193)romantic (144)fit for foodies (124)notable wine list (119)neighborhood gem (85)great for lunch (44)good for groups (42)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (10)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We both enjoyed the sea bass, which was cooked to perfection with a fantastic sauce. We will continue to make Rudy and Paco's our number first choice for dining in Galveston. We have never been disappointed by the food or service.Special Features:
- Always GreatSteveVDined on 9/18/2014Great lunch spot with the same great food and service as dinner. They have daily lunch specials and the prices are very reasonable. If your not interested in the special of the day, they also have a wonderful selection of other dishes to pick from.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant hands downCarliC4Dined on 9/15/2014This place is amazing, the best restaurant in Galveston and one of the best in the nation when it comes to Latin American food.Special Features:
- Love it.Elb78Dined on 9/13/2014Mattinis are special. Club atmosphere. Food is great. Service is usually first class, but you can catch an off-evening.Special Features:
- Always greatrkkrVIPDined on 9/12/2014Paco and his team always make you feel like you've come home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerKKdineoutDined on 9/11/2014The food was excellent. My husband had the special Steak Dinner, and I had the scallops. Both meals were excellent and the service was prompt and friendly. We enjoyed our relaxing dinner. It is expensive. We would go back for a special occason.Special Features:
- Martinus38Dined on 9/8/2014We had the seafood special, bass, the potatoe was almost raw, fish was excellent. I had a dish with crab meat ( lots of shells left on) and Shrimp ( same issue, shells). Escargot were served too hot so it took 10 minutes to cool off. Snapper Cevice tasted much like the red streak in the fish, meaning too fishy. However, I watched other dishes brought out, and they looked great and the diners seemed to enjoy. Perhaps I just ordered the wrong dish. Ambience and service is wonderful. The owner is commended that he makes patrons still dress up in the evening, which makes this a worthwhile place to go.Special Features:
- We'll return again.TxRikDinrDined on 9/8/2014Wine list good and reasonable, ambiance quiet and peaceful for our anniversary dinner, service perfectly attentive without hovering, food was great and served hot 9which is very unusual anymore). Finally a meal where we left NOT saying we could cook it ourselves just as well. Compliments to the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014As always Rudy & Paco was excellent! Great food, great service, great wine! Need I say anymoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- galveston dinnerGlcoDined on 9/6/2014Very good! The food was prepared just the way we had requested. Service was a little slow. Seemed to be a locate favorite.Special Features:
- Family celebrationaromacpDined on 9/4/2014I booked for myself, husband, and my mom. We love good seafood, husband loves a good piece of meat. He had the special bone in rib eye. Mom and I split the grouper with lump crabmeat. The wine list is amazing but I was feeling a bit martini (vodka), lovely. We opted for calamari to start. Delicious sweet pepper blend of yummy chewiness. Salads were very fresh blends of lettuce/greens. I absolutely LOVE how the staff all approach the table. A staff member behind each diner, dirty dishes cleared and 1,2,3 all new beautiful dishes set down at the same time. The main dishes were lovely. The veggies were fresh, perfectly cooked. The fish was flaky and crab is my favorite food so HAPPY. Expresso Martini to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceMrDoorblowerDined on 9/4/2014We have been here before and they never disappoint. Best steak ever and best service. Chad is a total pro and we will request him next visit.Special Features:
- Great First StopJimSDined on 8/31/2014Rudy and Paco's was an incredible first stop on a long-weekend culinary road trip for my wife and I. Impeccable service from Ryan along with a beautifully orchestrated teamwork - not only at our table but throughout the entire restaurant. Great atmosphere, perfectly prepared dishes (especially the off menu specials) and spot-on recommendations and insight from Ryan. If you go to Galveston and want to experience the best of the best in the area (including all of Houston Metro) - Rudy and Paco's should to be the number 1 choice. Worth dressing up more than beach clothes for this experience. We will go as often as possible and recommend Rudy and Paco's to any and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food!!CSollockDined on 8/31/2014There were six of us, all couples. The food was AWESOME, loved the atmosphere!! The only complaint was the wait, our reservations were for 8:00, did not get seated until 8:30, and there was standing room only. This is a very small place, but well worth the wait! Would go again for a special occasion. It was our anniversary and our friends wedding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time, Bad TableNickDined on 8/31/2014Had a great time here with the girlfriend on a romantic 3 day weekend in downtown Galveston. The restaurant was crowded and tight, but the ambiance was everything you want in a small upscale gem like this - classy yet laid back, cozy, and dimly lit. Unfortunately, we got sat at the worst table in the restaurant near the kitchen entrance/bar, however, the hostess was kind enough to move us immediately after we asked for a new table. At our fault, we chose the 2nd worst table by the restrooms, where our table was bumped into 3 times by people going in/out. It didn't bother us too much, but the tables here are definitley tight. The food was awesome, the service was impeccable, and overall, would come here again (at a better table).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningamnaDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent and the service was superb. We will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diningHeatherDined on 8/31/2014We were encouraged to try this out by several of my husband's co workers for my birthday/our anniversary dinner and we were not disappointed! Steak and fish were so very good and plantain with tangy pico dip were excellent as well. We will be going back and this time we will try the dessert.Special Features:
- Super as always!ALH2053VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a family dinner there Labor Day weekend. Basically our party of seven ordered a cross section of the menu. Some had steak while others had fish items. There were no complaints anywhere. I personally had the off the menu sea bass which was perfect. Served hot with a side of fresh veggies and the always good au gratin potatoes. From appetizers to desserts all was great. If you have not tried this restaurant the service is very good and it does not matter what you order, you will be pleased. When in Galveston Rudy and Paco is our go to place for special evenings out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in GalvestonOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/28/2014Attentive service. Creative menu. Well prepared. I lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitDryCreekDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I moved to Galveston a year ago and this was our first visit to Rudy and Paco's. It won't be our last. The food was impeccably prepared, the service was attentive and courteous, and the wine was delicious. All-in-all, a perfect date-night and we will be back!Special Features:
- Fine Dining in GalvestonImpressMeDined on 8/25/2014It's no wonder that visiting celebrities flock to Rudy & Paco's. The service will wow you The menu offers so many ways to enjoy our Gulf seafood, it's a challenge to choose. Fortunately, our excellent server Ashlee was able to make the perfect recommendation. Loved the red snapper and the grilled shrimp. Great selection of wines by the glass, and we had a lot of fun with the chocolate and pecan-covered ice cream ball for dessert. Will definitely make this my go-to place when in Galveston. Also one of the few places open on a Monday night.Special Features:
- One of the BestThatGuyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Having been to a number of excellent in the Houston metro area, I can say that Rudy & Paco's is among the best of the best. It's always a delight to dine here. What they do with snapper and salmon is just amazing. Service is always impeccable.Special Features:
- JANET IVEYMSI92351Dined on 8/23/2014RYAN AND ALL OF THE WAIT STAFF WERE OUTSTANDING AS WAS THE FOOD. WE VERY MUCH ENJOYED OUR EVENING !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CINDERELLADined on 8/22/2014OUR FIRST VISIT,HAD HEARD GREAT REVIEWS AND EVERYONE WAS RIGHT--SO ENJOYED OUR EVENING. WE BROUGHT GUESTS AND ALL ENJOYED. WILL DEFINETLY RETURNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and lovely restaurantkgm123Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent fresh seafood with a nice variety of choices on the menu. Attentive staff and nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining ExperienceJayboyDined on 8/22/2014Walk in and think you are in New York, New Orleans or San Francisco but no, right here on the Gulf Coast you are immersed in a relaxed fine dining room, probably the best in 500 miles. Extra care and the food is sublime. Francisco runs a well disciplined pleasant experience. The main reason I visit Galveston is Rudy's. The best.Special Features:
- Finest dining imaginable 💖BmyjunebugDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I have been dining at Rudy and Paco's since 1999. We make it a point to eat here every.single.time we come to Galveston. You will never be dissapointed here. From the moment you walk in the mood is set. A warm hug from the owner himself. Dim lighting. Classy. So classy. Attentive staff. Then there's the FOOD! We love it all...but we realllly love the empanadas appetizer, the filete de simpatico, and for dessert the chocolate sabroso and the ice cream rolled in pecans and butterscotch. It's not the best restaraunt in the USA...it's the best restaraunt in the world!!! I mean it with all my heart!!! 💖💖💖Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Very enjoyable, service was great, food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJHumphDined on 8/21/2014Food was amazing and unique. Service was better than I have ever experienced at a restaurant before. When I made the reservation online, I noted it was my wife's birthday. They brought out a piece of birthday cake to surprise her that was excellent, without making a big obnoxious scene about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a loud nightBeachbumaggieDined on 8/20/2014Our food was great-as usual. Our service was good until the end-our server was tied up bringing more wine n wine glasses for the loud large bday party nxt to us. We waited 10-15 minutes for her to pick up our cards to pay out. Bday group was loud and obnoxious and was seated down the middle of the restaurant so they were annoying to many others-based on the dirty looks was seeing thrown their way. Sadly, Paco pandered to them-I recognize they were a large ticket table, especially with all of the wine consumed, but we remaining guests were left covering our ears and neglected.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary!SuetravelsDined on 8/18/2014Stopped in Galveston to celebrate our anniversary and took my husband to Rudy and Paco's, a place he's always wanted to go! Excellent service made the meal more special but not overbearing. The menu made decisions difficult but every choice was executed perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and PersonalWadeDined on 8/16/2014Small, elegant restaurant. We loved the attention to detail and the eclectic mix of patrons; very energetic crowd. Service was a little slow, due to the packed house for the evening. The escargot and crab cake appetizers were delicious, but small. The crab bisque was excellent, but the portion was too small. My plate, the Vuelva a la Vida, was very good, but I would have made changes to it. The broth was too thin, the calamari was overcooked, and the crab claws required you to dip your fingers into the broth to pick and eat them. I would thicken the broth, add clams and mussels, and a few scallops. My wife's red snapper with cilantro sauce was excellent, but also too small. Her scalloped potatoes were excellent. Loved meeting Paco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in decades ofdiningCookyDined on 8/16/2014It's the best restaurant I've gone to in the last 25 years -- and I've been to plenty, both in the U.S. and abroad. Our table was ready the moment we got there, we were welcomed warmly by the owner and wait staff, and got a complementary appetizer, along with the delicious dried banana strips and sauces. The wine list was very good, and the menu is large and varied. However, we all ordered the delicious evening specials. I had the parmesan crusted soft shell crabs, others had halibut and sea bass. The crabs were large, perfectly done and the best soft shell crabs I've ever had in my life. The service was amazing -- all our entrees were served at the same time, by 4 waiters. It's best to get dinner reservations. Need reservations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Rudy and Paco is a one a kind gem. Fantastic food from the fried plantains presented soon after you are seated to the dessert is delicious. The service is amazing. They are the best. Formal but friendly, prompt but not hovering. The way they present the food to the table as a team so that each customer is served at the same time is unique. My husband and I have eaten in San Fransisco, Napa, on the slopes of Diamond Head, and the Florida Keys. Next to Michels in Hawaii this is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Definition of excellenceRoadtripper22Dined on 8/15/2014A rare restaurant that combines outstanding food with professional service. The seafood is so fresh and the dishes do bring the something special- the "sabor" as the menu says. There were three in my group and each of us loved our dinner choices: appetizers of jumbo lump crab cake and Camarones EJ (shrimp in a lemony caper sauce); Caesar salad; entrees of grilled snapper, one with creole sauce and one with a cilantro cream sauce. The star of the evening was the incredible bread pudding with bourbon sauce. So wear something nice and treat yourself to a special dinner at a special restaurant. Moderately expensive and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in a long timeRipleyDined on 8/15/2014Delightful experience with excellent service and wonderful food. Portions are generous and the presentations are very tasteful, both in appearance and on the tongue. Waitstaff, from the moment we entered to the final good-bye, were appropriately attentive. When asked for a bit more of their great salsa, more than just a little bit was brought out with a smile. Clearly this is one of Galveston's best restaurants - a little more relaxed for lunch and more formal for dinner. A perfect blend of Central American, northern South American and fresh Texas coast gulf seafood. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatavimarDined on 8/15/2014Always a standout experience with great food and impeccable service. Reliable and consistent with its own unique charm.Special Features:
- Rudy and Paco'sBillMcDined on 8/14/2014As always, Paco was a great host with food and service to match. The place to go in Galveston. Atmosphere transports you to New York in terms of ambience and service with the informality of the tropics.Special Features:
- amazingmacybrownDined on 8/13/2014This is our favorite place! We usually only come 1-2 times a year (special occasions) because it is kinda pricey BUT WORTH IT EVERY TIME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backCGChickDined on 8/13/2014The front door is very unassuming. We were hesitant to open it because it looked like it might be the back door. But we stepped inside, and the service was incredible. The wait staff weren't so attentive as to be annoying, but we never had to wait long to ask a question or to have our glasses refilled. The food we had was amazing (crab-stuffed grouper and Chilean sea bass) and I'm so glad I got the Quatro Leche cake for dessert. The next time we vacation near Galveston, we will definitely make a reservation here.Special Features: