Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
2028 Postoffice Street
Galveston, TX 77550Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.galveston.com/rudypaco
- Phone: (409) 762-3696
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering services for all occasions and party sizes. Please contact Paco at (409) 762-3696 or email us at RudyandPacos@gmail.com for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We are more than happy to close the restaurant for your private party. Contact us to discuss the many options available.
- Private Party Contact: Paco Vargas (409) 762-3696
A word from Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart CasualContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Galveston ›
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)romantic (125)fit for foodies (118)notable wine list (112)neighborhood gem (75)great for lunch (44)hot spot (36)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (9)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Galveston Favoriteluv2dineoutDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant! Our first choice when planning a visit to the area.Special Features:
- Our Fav Restaurant in GalvestonLikestoeatDined on 10/17/2014My Husband and I love this restaurant. The food is great and the service is outstanding. Reservations in advance is a must.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Second time going, and once again it was fabulous! Perfect date night. The service was outstanding. The crab bisque and the Tres Leches were amazing. My husband had the special, Soft shell crab and that was wonderful too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect end to 15th anniversaryFisher16Dined on 10/16/2014After having several obstacles come in the way of a perfectly planned day with my wife this dinner was perfect. The service and food could not have been better. The owner and staff made us feel truly special and you don't get that in many restaurants anymore. I will be back every time I am in Gapveston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in GalvestonbrianDined on 10/14/2014This was the most fantastic dining experience I have had in ages. The food was superb. Beautifully prepared and served. The service was impeccable. Outstanding is the only word.Special Features:
- Avoid the riff raffphishin4foodDined on 10/14/2014Overpriced with marginal service and less than average food. If you have nothing else to do with your money, this place is for you and you won't see too many everday people there. Martinis for $13, 4 scallops and a couple of pieces of asparagus for $34 left me hungry and sober. To top it off, the scallops were fishy and the service was seriously lacking. For two, we spent $175 with tip and for the level of food and service should not have spent much more than $50. Not sure where the pepole are eating that write all these positive reviews but they must be used to something different than I am. Definitely will not return, once was enough.
- A classicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014I never get disappointed when I eat at Rudy and Paco. High quality food, service, ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Amazing as always. Our favorite place to eat on the island and always our first choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICElouiseinclearlakeDined on 10/11/2014EXPENSIVE, BUT WORTH IT FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION. OUR ADULT CHILDREN ENJOYED THE FOOD AS MUCH AS WE DID.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Consistently good. We have a great time every time we eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LynnDined on 10/10/2014Yet again, the food, wine and service was first class. LynnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatamnaDined on 10/8/2014Wonderful experience. Proud to take my brother and his wife visiting from Michigan to Rudy & Paco. 4th visit in two months. Quickly becoming our special occasion place to visit!Special Features:
- Impeccable ServicekenandjylDined on 10/8/2014The appetizers and entrees were excellent. The service was truly outstanding. We had a 6:30pm reservation and once we were seated we were greeted by name when the staff came to take our drink order. Regardless of the size of your party, all elements of your meal, from drinks to appetizers, entrees and deserts were served simultaneously to each member of your party. Each party received a well choreographed level of service that left no detail undone. The staff was able to make ordinary people feel extra ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated us like family!ConstantEaterDined on 10/4/2014My girlfriend and I went for our 6 year anniversary. We had a reservation so we were seated right away. The wait staff were efficient and courteous and the complimentary plantain chips and sourdough bread were good enough to be appetizers in their own right. The prices were a little steep but the portions were large and the flavor combinations were on point. We were even given a complimentary desert for our anniversary complete with a candle. I also think one of the owners came by to fill my water but i'm not sure. I will definitely have this place in mind for my next special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Paco and Rudy's food and presentation is top quality. The servers demonstrate a level of excellence that will keep me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food that we had in GalvestonSusieQ1Dined on 9/30/2014The soft shell crab with lump crab meat amazing. Service impeccable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingso2ti2eat3Dined on 9/27/2014Rudy & Paco's consistently supports our opinion that it is the single best full service restaurant in Texas, one of the best in the nation. Those who do not know about it or have not experienced it simply do not realize what a special place it is for both food and service. Perhaps what the biggest surprise can be is that such an outstanding restaurant is located in the old downtown area of a City known by most visitors only as an Island often visited only for the beaches.Special Features:
- Don't miss this place.IslandFoodieFanDined on 9/27/2014Everything was awesome. The food, drinks and service were excellent. My only wish is that they has something that was spicy, but that is a personal preference only. My entire party loved this place too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent! will return again soon!LexipooDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I have been trying to get here since 2012. Definitely worth the wait. Great service. Had the crab cake, escargot and ceviche. Extremely fresh and tasty. For entrees, we had the shrimp Diablo and shrimp ajillos. Very good food. Mr. Paco stopped to chat with us and made us feel really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We both enjoyed the sea bass, which was cooked to perfection with a fantastic sauce. We will continue to make Rudy and Paco's our number first choice for dining in Galveston. We have never been disappointed by the food or service.Special Features:
- Always GreatSteveVDined on 9/18/2014Great lunch spot with the same great food and service as dinner. They have daily lunch specials and the prices are very reasonable. If your not interested in the special of the day, they also have a wonderful selection of other dishes to pick from.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant hands downCarliC4Dined on 9/15/2014This place is amazing, the best restaurant in Galveston and one of the best in the nation when it comes to Latin American food.Special Features:
- Love it.Elb78Dined on 9/13/2014Mattinis are special. Club atmosphere. Food is great. Service is usually first class, but you can catch an off-evening.Special Features:
- Always greatrkkrVIPDined on 9/12/2014Paco and his team always make you feel like you've come home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerKKdineoutDined on 9/11/2014The food was excellent. My husband had the special Steak Dinner, and I had the scallops. Both meals were excellent and the service was prompt and friendly. We enjoyed our relaxing dinner. It is expensive. We would go back for a special occason.Special Features:
- Martinus38Dined on 9/8/2014We had the seafood special, bass, the potatoe was almost raw, fish was excellent. I had a dish with crab meat ( lots of shells left on) and Shrimp ( same issue, shells). Escargot were served too hot so it took 10 minutes to cool off. Snapper Cevice tasted much like the red streak in the fish, meaning too fishy. However, I watched other dishes brought out, and they looked great and the diners seemed to enjoy. Perhaps I just ordered the wrong dish. Ambience and service is wonderful. The owner is commended that he makes patrons still dress up in the evening, which makes this a worthwhile place to go.Special Features:
- We'll return again.TxRikDinrDined on 9/8/2014Wine list good and reasonable, ambiance quiet and peaceful for our anniversary dinner, service perfectly attentive without hovering, food was great and served hot 9which is very unusual anymore). Finally a meal where we left NOT saying we could cook it ourselves just as well. Compliments to the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014As always Rudy & Paco was excellent! Great food, great service, great wine! Need I say anymoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- galveston dinnerGlcoDined on 9/6/2014Very good! The food was prepared just the way we had requested. Service was a little slow. Seemed to be a locate favorite.Special Features:
- Family celebrationaromacpDined on 9/4/2014I booked for myself, husband, and my mom. We love good seafood, husband loves a good piece of meat. He had the special bone in rib eye. Mom and I split the grouper with lump crabmeat. The wine list is amazing but I was feeling a bit martini (vodka), lovely. We opted for calamari to start. Delicious sweet pepper blend of yummy chewiness. Salads were very fresh blends of lettuce/greens. I absolutely LOVE how the staff all approach the table. A staff member behind each diner, dirty dishes cleared and 1,2,3 all new beautiful dishes set down at the same time. The main dishes were lovely. The veggies were fresh, perfectly cooked. The fish was flaky and crab is my favorite food so HAPPY. Expresso Martini to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceMrDoorblowerDined on 9/4/2014We have been here before and they never disappoint. Best steak ever and best service. Chad is a total pro and we will request him next visit.Special Features:
- Great First StopJimSDined on 8/31/2014Rudy and Paco's was an incredible first stop on a long-weekend culinary road trip for my wife and I. Impeccable service from Ryan along with a beautifully orchestrated teamwork - not only at our table but throughout the entire restaurant. Great atmosphere, perfectly prepared dishes (especially the off menu specials) and spot-on recommendations and insight from Ryan. If you go to Galveston and want to experience the best of the best in the area (including all of Houston Metro) - Rudy and Paco's should to be the number 1 choice. Worth dressing up more than beach clothes for this experience. We will go as often as possible and recommend Rudy and Paco's to any and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food!!CSollockDined on 8/31/2014There were six of us, all couples. The food was AWESOME, loved the atmosphere!! The only complaint was the wait, our reservations were for 8:00, did not get seated until 8:30, and there was standing room only. This is a very small place, but well worth the wait! Would go again for a special occasion. It was our anniversary and our friends wedding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time, Bad TableNickDined on 8/31/2014Had a great time here with the girlfriend on a romantic 3 day weekend in downtown Galveston. The restaurant was crowded and tight, but the ambiance was everything you want in a small upscale gem like this - classy yet laid back, cozy, and dimly lit. Unfortunately, we got sat at the worst table in the restaurant near the kitchen entrance/bar, however, the hostess was kind enough to move us immediately after we asked for a new table. At our fault, we chose the 2nd worst table by the restrooms, where our table was bumped into 3 times by people going in/out. It didn't bother us too much, but the tables here are definitley tight. The food was awesome, the service was impeccable, and overall, would come here again (at a better table).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningamnaDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent and the service was superb. We will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diningHeatherDined on 8/31/2014We were encouraged to try this out by several of my husband's co workers for my birthday/our anniversary dinner and we were not disappointed! Steak and fish were so very good and plantain with tangy pico dip were excellent as well. We will be going back and this time we will try the dessert.Special Features:
- Super as always!ALH2053VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a family dinner there Labor Day weekend. Basically our party of seven ordered a cross section of the menu. Some had steak while others had fish items. There were no complaints anywhere. I personally had the off the menu sea bass which was perfect. Served hot with a side of fresh veggies and the always good au gratin potatoes. From appetizers to desserts all was great. If you have not tried this restaurant the service is very good and it does not matter what you order, you will be pleased. When in Galveston Rudy and Paco is our go to place for special evenings out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in GalvestonOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/28/2014Attentive service. Creative menu. Well prepared. I lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitDryCreekDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I moved to Galveston a year ago and this was our first visit to Rudy and Paco's. It won't be our last. The food was impeccably prepared, the service was attentive and courteous, and the wine was delicious. All-in-all, a perfect date-night and we will be back!Special Features:
- Fine Dining in GalvestonImpressMeDined on 8/25/2014It's no wonder that visiting celebrities flock to Rudy & Paco's. The service will wow you The menu offers so many ways to enjoy our Gulf seafood, it's a challenge to choose. Fortunately, our excellent server Ashlee was able to make the perfect recommendation. Loved the red snapper and the grilled shrimp. Great selection of wines by the glass, and we had a lot of fun with the chocolate and pecan-covered ice cream ball for dessert. Will definitely make this my go-to place when in Galveston. Also one of the few places open on a Monday night.Special Features: