Rude Native Bistro & Lounge- Burlington
370 Brant Street
Burlington, ON L7R 2E8Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$30 and under
Rude Native Bistro & Lounge- Burlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rudenative.com/
- Phone: 9056326682x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Weeknights: 3:00pm - Midnight
Weekends 3:00pm 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Rude Native offers both on-site and off-site catering. Our facilities include an small private dining room, and a unique roof top patio, as well as our regular dining and lounge area. Contact us for catering menu details.
- Private Party Contact: Oz Intepe 905-632-6682x
- Special Events: In the past, we have been known as the "perfect dinner and date spot". We'd like to add "party" to that wonderful description because we are now officially, the full package. Check our website
- Cross Street: Lakeshore Road
- Public Transit: Located one block from the Downtown Terminal at John Street, as well as stops along Lake Shore Road.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Check for the latest Burlington Downtown 'Free P' promotion, including Free Parking Downtown on weekends during 2014
A word from Rude Native Bistro & Lounge- Burlington
In a world where it feels like it has all been done before, it is refreshing to find a place that is a true original. The Rude Native is a truly unique dining experience - an exciting introduction to a new take on global cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rude Native Bistro & Lounge- Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- our first time in years - enjoyedZavodDined on 8/20/2014We lucked into eating here on half-price appetizer Wednesdays and had a great tapas-styled meal. Staff was very friendly. Food was tasty, and although the foodie in me could (and did) suggest improvements, we enjoyed ourselves very much. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure next timeImpaDined on 7/31/2014The short ribs were tough and dried out. My seafood noodle curry was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014My favorite restaurant in Burlington. Always great food and service and chocolate pate free for my birthday!Special Features:
- meh....FoodisfunDined on 7/4/2014Met some friends after work. Food was o.k....just not what I was expecting, could have probably made better myself at home. None of us were overwhelmed with excitement about our meal. Nice rooftop patio is about all I can say. I think there is a reason the restaurant is empty at dinner time on a Friday night. Will not go back.Special Features:
- retireesDined on 6/11/2014It is hard to find food this good anymore. Prices were reasonable as well.Special Features:
- DeliciousBrenDined on 5/26/2014Had mushroom stuffed crab followed with Curried Goat. Was spectacular!Special Features:
- The following 181 reviews are from the Rude Native Bistro & Lounge- Burlington reviews archive.
- Bad service, only flavour is spicyHammerDinnerDined on 5/17/2014Server didn't provide us with the specials, but another server provided specials to the next table after we ordered. The food was very spicy, otherwise no flavour. The servers were slow to keep water refilled. Then they couldn't find the Visa terminal. Hair in takeout container.
- great timefoofoonessDined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed the food at the Rude Native Bistro. However was a little disappointed at the limited options for dessert, where they were out of 2 of the only 5 items. Service staff were great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/7/2014I have eaten there twice for lunch in the last month, and am not planning on returning. I had the tomato and beet salad the first time, and did not feel it was filling or worth $12.00. The second time, I ordered the pork souvlaki and was surprised with how little pork was included in the pita. Not only that, but what was included was dry.
- Rude Nativelunchtime2Dined on 5/1/2014We went for appetizers ay lunch and found they were only on the dinner menu. The waiter and kitchen were very accommodating. The Firecrackers and goat cheese brulee' were excellent. The mushroom caps a bit boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Respect for managing a challengegladlotusVIPDined on 4/20/2014Typically a good spot, food was good on this visit, but service and food were a bit slow. We had a reservation for a large party (14) but there was apparently only one person in the kitchen and one server. They both did their best, and we had no complaints from anyone about the food. Recognizing that the usual standard was not happening, the server actually comped something on every bill at the table without being asked to do so. She apologized for the wait and the service challenges. This is the way to make something good out of a not so good experience. We were glad to hear a sincere apology, something more restaurants should learn about, and will definitely be back because of how we were treated.Special Features:
- Nothing really wrong withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Nothing really wrong with restaurant, just didn't care for Menu '
- Food was good - not amazing.bonnieDined on 3/6/2014Food was good - not amazing. Server was attentive (there were very few patrons in the restaurant). Price was reasonable. Nothing that would cause me not to return. Just nothing remarkable.
- Over PricedViDexShaDined on 2/22/2014We went here for dinner with another couple, we ordered some appetizers and they were OK. Our dinner was also just OK. But then we all went home each of us complained of upset stomachs. I also took half of my mild seafood curry home, only when I wanted to eat it later, I realized that it couldn't have been my dish. There was way more food then what I left behind and this was very spicy. Once I realized that there was no way this was my leftovers, I was really grossed out. I think the restaurant is pricey and the food quality does not equate to the price.
- spring rolls cold on inside--steakdineoutDined on 2/20/2014spring rolls cold on inside--steak tough---cheesecake crunchy but tasty cat fish very good-- veggies original and well done , but overall disappointing
- Unfortunately when we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Unfortunately when we went it was right after Valentines Day so they had run out of a lot of their meal choices. There wasn't anyone else there, but we all agreed it was a nice place. Probably picks up a little later at night.
- Family Day diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2014Great day out with my boyfriend and stumbled upon the Native by accident .... So glad we did. Half price wine was such a treat so we had a bottle, and settled in by the adorable fireplace for their burger with bacon and Brie - wow!! Delicious piping hot and smothered with goodies. Always a salad girl I went for the fries as a treat - again crunchy on outside and super soft in - haven't had that perfection in a while. Waitress was lovely - friendly cute and bubbly and very accommodating always had a smile - she was just a delight! Overall a terrific gem in the Burlington downtown neighborhood that we will for sure go back to and try again with friends and or the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceTedexVIPDined on 2/15/2014Was disappointed by the extreme wait time to order, receive drinks, order food, and then receive food. The food that I got (pad thai) wasn't at all what I imagine Pad Thai to be, but was still good. The bills took a very long time to come out and then when they did a few of us had a mix-up on our orders so that had to be fixed. The place would be a decent enough local spot to hang out at if the service was more attentive, sorry.
- The Rude Native, BurlingtonCCRCDined on 2/15/2014Fantastic service and great atmosphere! Our server had perfect timing and was very friendly and efficient. She went out of her way to accommodate my gluten-and-dairy free diet and made me feel at ease in asking. We really enjoyed the evening and would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of potential but disappointingJudy01Dined on 1/31/2014Service too slow (50 mins to ge our dinner at 6 pm) only about 6 tables with people. My Singapore noodles were very tasty and a perfect portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet Monday1stimerDined on 1/27/2014Went to Rude Native for the first time on a very cold Monday night in January. Parking is free from January to March and is very close to the restaurant. Food was great. I had the beet and tomato salad to start . It was surprisingly very filling and the portion was perfect. My friend had the brie brule with crusty bread which she loved. Main: I had the salmon with crisp vegetables, it was good but little dry. I would have preferred a little more of the dressing/sauce that was on the rice. But I still enjoyed it very much. My friend had the jerk chicken and rice. She loved it, beware it is very spicy!! Wine list was a nice selection and the perfect amount to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what is with the techno beats?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014This decent restaurant inexplicably turns into a club at 10pm with brain pounding techno music. However everyone there still seemed to want to watch the hockey game or enjoy dinner with friends. I suggest they decide if they want to be a nice restaurant or a dance club. Right now they seem terribly confused.
- Eclectic and interestingRandomGuyDined on 1/10/2014I had been to the Oakville location when it was still open and hadn't been to the Burlington one before. This restaurant was upscale and elegant with a very interesting menu. We had a few appetizers and thoroughly enjoyed our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummieJustEatThereDined on 12/17/2013I tried appetizers that make your mouth water. The meals are worth going back for or selling your favorite outfit for. I will go back again and again until I get bored of the menu which will be never! 7 out of 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceFurbyVIPDined on 12/11/2013We dined before attending the theater and when we arrived about 6PM were the only patrons (even though restaurant is only one block from the theater). Some additional patrons showed up over the next hour but establishment was never more then 1/3 full. Needless to say service was attentive although not over bearing. The beet and tomato appetizer salad was very fresh and was an interesting combination. The salmon fillet was done to properly although nothing outstanding. The Pad Thai was very tasty but contrary to servers assurance was quite spicy for the "medium" version. Overall an OK meal but would not run right back or go for a special occasion, basically a bar with an enhanced menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningLouiseDined on 12/4/2013Would completely recommend this restaurant, the service was excellent and we did not feel rushed throughout the meal, all 3 courses came at a nice pace. The food was nicely presented & tasted lovely, the double baked cheesecake is well worth the indulgence, a good dessert to share, menu prices are very reasonable, looking forward to going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2013Nice dining spot to gather with small group of friends. Service is excellent and food always tasty and worth discovering. I like that there is a special feature every day and we went for the Tuesday night all you can eat mussels. Served in 4 different options and portions are generous. The mussels were plump and juicy. Green curry sauce was a favourite. The wine menu needs updating as some offerings have been discontinued and replaced. Also a little limited in the whites. The decor is soberly stylish and not intimidating and the background music , if any, allows you to carry a quiet conversation without straining to hear each other. A good place to enjoy food and conversation. Thank you for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, very goodborr12670Dined on 10/19/2013Went for our anniversary, they gave us an excellent table by the front window. Eclectic menu, Recommend the firecrackers and grilled calamari. Butter chicken and Steak were great, Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better service requiredMitchDined on 9/27/2013Although the food at this restaurant is quite good, the service is less than. Our server seemed disinterested in his job. Our appetizer plates remained on our small tables the entire evening. We had to refill our wine glasses and we felt our server didn't care about our table, nor his role in the restaurant.
- amazingchameleonDined on 8/23/2013I took a girl here on a date, wasn't to sure what to expect but from the moment we walked through the front door we were treated like first class. The service was amazing the steak was probably the best steak i have ever had, I had no complaints and perfectly happy paging what I paid just to get the food I got. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience, but could be greatpersnicketyjasDined on 7/26/2013Had a nice experience here for Taste of Burlington. Sat on the rooftop patio which was nice, however, they need some background music playing. Sometimes the staff talked to each other across the patio with us in the middle which I found strange. But the menu offered lots of foods and drinks. My chicken in particular (blackened chicken) was SOOO SALTY that I thought about sending it back (the rub?), but flavours and rest of plate were good. The app (firecracker) was great and dessert good, as well as variety in menu. I LOVED the cider on tap. I would still return to this place despite the negative parts of the experience because it's not fair to have final judgement based on one experience. Overall, I'm glad I went, so thanks for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2013We just love the comfortable atmosphere and great food at the Rude Native. Kudos to the chef for the great flavours! It is a friendly place with wonderful service. We will be back.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner thereBammerDined on 7/13/2013We enjoyed our dinner there very much. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Good variety and fantastic flavours. We will be back and definately recommend the restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013Went to the Rude Native on a Saturday. The look of the overall restaurant was nice and the hostess was pleasant enough. One thing that did not fit was the hostess' & servers dresses were incredibly short. With the requirements to bend and reach for things the outfits seemed they would be more at home in a after hours bars. In terms of the food, the menu write ups were very well done however the food failed to deliver. The one item in the whole meal that was very good was the Jai Do chicken wings. The rest of the items we ordered, Calyspo Chicken, The Butter Chicken, and the Salmon did not stand out. We felt that it was a restaurant we had wanted to visit being from Burlington however we would not return. Everything was just mediocre.Special Features:
- Great find!knmoDined on 5/31/2013Food is delicious, very different food, the menu is always changing which is nice. The atmosphere is great, always a please dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly different!KshishiaDined on 5/25/2013First time here. I took my friend for a B Day dinner. The menu is fabulous and imaginative. Wonderful choice. I had the lamb and my friend had the salmon entree. We enjoyed 2 appand etizers and shared a dessert. Everything was delicious, full of flavour and beautiful to look at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBurldinerDined on 5/25/2013Haven't been to the Rude Native in many years but very disappointed. Started with not having either of our first 2 wine choices although allowed us to try 2 alternatives before deciding. My calamari appetizer was cooked reasonably well but the dipping sauce was bland and took away from the dish- wasn't worth the calories. My dh's beet and tomato salad was good. My steak was ordered medium rare but came back charbroiled on the outside and medium well on the inside. I regretted not sending it back right away so in fairness not sure how they would have handled it. But by then the waitress had ground the pepper mill all over my dh's lap and left before asking if I wanted any and had tried to take our 1/2 full wine bottle away. Not good.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013Restaurant Staff very friendly. Great food. Was not rushed. Enjoyable evening out for dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I attended theRudeNative toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I attended theRudeNative to celebrate my Birthday with friends and family. The atmosphere was great, especially liked the open kitchen. The service when we first arrives was not the greatest as we did have to wait over 10 minutes for our waitress to introduce herself and take our drink order. Unfortunately there was not a wine list at our table, so it took another 10 minutes for us to look at the list and then wait for our server to return. I would say 20 minutes is too long to wait to take a drink order taken. However, after that first little bump in the road it was smooth sailing from there. Excellent appetizers, mains and desserts!!! Above average food for sure, we will be returning to the Rude Native in the near future!Special Features:
- What a wonderful way to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013What a wonderful way to celebrate two birthdays. We have dined at the restuarant before, which is one of the reasons we choose it again. An all-round pleasant and enjoyable evening of good food and good company.Special Features: