720 E. First St
Newberg, OR 97132Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ruddickwood.com/
- Phone: (503) 487-6133
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-Sa 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner: T-Su 5:00pm-9:00pm
Brunch: Su 9:30am-3:00pm
Tavern: Tu-Su 3:00pm-cl
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Paul Losch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Both on and off-site catering is available. Please email email@example.com and we would be happy to discuss how we can help provide quality food for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: We can take small groups of up to 10 in our private dining room. Larger groups can reserve tables in the dining room or buy out either the dining room or tavern for a private evening.
- Private Party Contact: Kyle Lattimer 5034876133x
- Special Events: We are available to provide food or drink for conferences, food & wine events, or other special events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiries
A word from Ruddick/Wood
Ruddick/Wood is a casual restaurant and tavern serving locally focused, seasonal, new-American fare alongside craft beer, wine and cocktails in a renovated 1920s garage in downtown Newberg, Oregon. Ruddick/Wood has been built around the idea of country kitchens, roadhouses, saloons and way-points; and reflects our love of local food and drink, as well as our desire to create a place that is part of the community fabric.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruddick/Wood - Best Restaurants in Newberg ›
Ruddick/Wood reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (9)good for groups (7)romantic (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Elevated cuisine at a great priceTheRyansDined on 11/1/2014We found Ruddick-Wood through Open Table and were very pleased with the food, wine, and with the moderate price of such fine food. We were on vacation in Oregon, but if we lived in the area we would definitely make it a regular place to eat. Very good locally-focused wine list. Foods were locally sourced and excellent in quality. We had a very good experience.Special Features:
- Excellent creative foodLauraTDined on 10/29/2014Great service, exceptional food. Fresh seasonal veggies. Creatve selection of dishes. Beautiful presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindpdxbandmanDined on 10/25/2014Ruddick/Wood in Newberg has a nice selection of food and spirits. We had a late dinner (7:30 pm) on a Saturday. Service was excellent. We found it as a nice discovery.Special Features:
- Great findJulieDined on 10/17/2014We only spent one night in Newberg and after searching online for a restaurant, we came upon Ruddick/Wood. Reviews looked good, so I made a reservation online. I was worried that on a Friday night it might be busy. We went at 7 pm, but it wasn't crowded. I had a one of the best dinners I have had in a long time. I started out with a roasted beet salad with mustard greens and topped with ricotta cheese. It was great! Lamb cuts with kale and beans. Great flavor! The service was great. By the time we left the place was filled. Would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server error, customer pays?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Server offers Porterhouse special, brings over what is clearly pork. Neither one of us heard a pork porterhouse. We were looking for beef. She tried to get us to pay for it. Too bad service was awful, food waa good. It was extremely loud from the kitchen, 80s music (yuck). We will not be going back.
- Great new spotBleedCubbieBlueVIPDined on 10/7/2014Good small plates to share. Rarely order chicken when I go out, but the rotisserie chicken two ways called me in. Very pleasant and helpful server.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!CarolynDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I ate at Ruddick/Wood twice last week, and both times were fantastic! The food is extremely fresh, creative, and is well-seasoned. The atmosphere is lovely, and the service is attentive and thoughtful. Everything we ate was superb, but the house-made sausage is off-the-charts. Try it out! We'll definitely keep going back.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood Place of Your OwnMAC111Dined on 9/17/2014This is just the kind of place you would like to find in your own neighborhood. Great food, attentive service, perfect atmosphere and enough variety that would help make you come back once or twice a week!Special Features:
- CatfanVIPDined on 9/6/2014They had a limited menu - ok but not great. We tried to order traditional cocktails (gin& tonic and White Russian) without succes. Found a decent wine on their list for wagyu beef - flights were delayed, so it interiorrupted any chance to get a better constancy in the electronic end.
- A new player on 1st Streetdumoyer2Dined on 9/5/2014The dining room is a welcome respite to the energy and noise of the adjoining Ruddick Wood tavern. The now open dining room is comfortably rustic in character with booths, open tables and seats at a bar surrounding an open kitchen. Service is relaxed and friendly, food portions generous. A roasted beet salad with house made ricotta and mustard greens starter was enough for two and excellent. The cheese board was rather boring with slices of 2 bland cheeses, bread, jam and almonds. A lamb chop on special that evening was nicely grilled and tasty. The duck breast arrived with a very large portion of spaetzel and was tasty if cooked a bit long, (need that rosy center!) A full service bar has lots of beer on tap. Average prices.Special Features:
- DisappointedvstockDined on 8/29/2014We have been looking forward to trying out this restaurant for quite some time. I ordered the lamb and flat bread dish. The flat bread was more like a dry unheated tortilla. The lamb was under cooked and incredibly chewy. I had a hard time with the $3 8oz bottle of diet coke. Seemed very over prices for what we received.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Food was interesting without being weird and the taste was fantastic. While moderately priced, for what you get, it is a true bargain. We opted for the outdoor seating which was a table on the sidewalk next to the highway with a fine view of the youth outreach center across the street. So, it was a bit short on ambiance, but it was nice evening so we enjoyed ourselves. It took a few minutes for the waiter to warm up, but eventually he was fine and we did not experience any of the service problems others have reported. I highly recommend it and would happily return if in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemeatdrinkandbemerryDined on 8/5/2014This place nestled in Newberg is amazing. Hands down the best food in the small town and a must go. All our dishes (grilled beats with homemade ricotta, fig and corn flatbread, wild rice with pickled veggies and poached eggs, and more) were outstanding. Everything is reasonably priced and the service was great. Did not have to wait at all with or without a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rural gemFood4lifeDined on 7/31/2014Posh and delicious cuisine in the heart of the willamette valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Ruddick/Wood reviews archive.
- Great find!SuburbanSamplerDined on 7/1/2014We recently ate at Ruddick/wood and had an outstanding meal. Everything we tried was well prepared, especially the roasted beet salad. My only concerns were pacing. The restaurant was not busy and there were long pauses between courses. And there didn't seem to be enough air conditioning. It was verging on too warm in the restaurant. These two items not withstanding, I will definitely be heading back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a faneatoutalotDined on 6/29/2014If you go on a Sunday, don't miss the cinnamon roll! Best of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in Willamette ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014We ate at 5 of the Valley's best restaurants, and I think we thought this was the best; certainly the best value.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/22/2014We had brunch at Ruddick/Wood. The menu was limited, and the food just wasn't that good. One member of our group had the lamb sandwich and said it just had no taste. It was nothing special. Two people had the chicken and biscuits and felt they were alright but that they had definitely had better. Overall, we were disappointed. However, the service was great.
- cool spotMikeGVIPDined on 6/20/2014great beers on tap..interesting menu...cool building.....overall a great place....Special Features:
- Great start by R/WArthurVIPDined on 6/17/2014The ambience and attitude at R/W is terrific. The menu is perfect for the spot and the food was very good for the price even if there was a bit of slippage in execution (e.g, soggy French fries). All in all a great addition to the Newberg scene and we will return when in town. Excellent and well priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet restaurant in downtownKascadeKatDined on 6/17/2014This was a good place to go for a solo dinner. I had two appetizers and a side dish instead of the entrees, partly because there was a great list of things to choose from on the appetizer side, and I didn't want just one! I had the deviled eggs, charcuterie platter, greens and apple bread pudding. The food was all excellent - and it's hard to make braised greens that are excellent! They had a nice selection of wines by the glass, mostly local. Service was unobtrusive. I gave it a four instead of a five because a five star experience should be outstanding. This was excellent - not in my top ten all-time greats, but probably in my top fifty - and I eat in a lot of restaurants.
- Nice VibeLonghorn21Dined on 6/15/2014Nice NW rustic modern feel, comfortable seating for a couple or small group, nice selection of food on the menu and good qualitySpecial Features:
- best cooked steak I've ever hadbslyDined on 6/13/2014I'm not a fan of uncooked steak, and that usually results in loss of flavor, dry meat, or overcooked taste and texture. That was not the case here. The cooks at R/W did an amazing job and it was the best rib eye well done I've ever had! The restaurant itself it's very nice and has a great look to it. It's easy to spend a long time there! A bit pricey, but that just makes it a great spot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!FoodieallthewayDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I just found this wonderful restaurant. The food is amazing!!! You know that it is good organic, well prepared food. If you sit and the kitchen seats you can see right into the kitchen and watch your food being prepared. You can feel that they care about the food they are making which I really appreciate since I am eating it! Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willamette Valley Gem for FoodiesWVdininggemDined on 5/30/2014The service was excellent, and the food was sooo delicious. I had the shaved asparagus salad special and the salmon with the nettle broth, and it was cooked perfectly. I am very particular about my salmon, and I would order that again in a heartbeat. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Was excited to try this place, but didn't enjoy it. It was extremely warm inside (no a/c) and very loud which made it difficult to hear our tables conversation. The waitress made us feel pressured to order quickly, eat and leave. Not a relaxing experience for a Friday night. I will say their IPA beer was fantastic. I would return as a place just to meet friends for a beer, but will sit in the tavern section next time.Special Features:
- Love Ruddick WoodKmorrisonDined on 5/17/2014Great dinner at Ruddick Wood. This was our second visit to the restaurant and both visits were wonderful. Cocktails are unique. The Charcuterie plate is amazing and we had it on both visits. The wine list is diverse and reasonably priced. So great to see affordable, local wines in the wine country! Our entrees were all perfect; duck breast, chicken, lamb and ling cod. This is a great addition to Newberg. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014We decided to try this restaurant about a week ago and boy are we glad we did! Everything we ordered was excellent and the service was quick, professional and very friendly. This will become one of our go-to spots for a good meal ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchWelshTerrierAcresDined on 5/11/2014Mothers Day Brunch was amazing. Our table was ready when we walked in the door. We had a great time and felt pampered...the waitresses are so friendly and helpful! The Duck Confit melted in your mouth. I could eat the spicy sauce on the eggs benedict on anything.My new go to spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreabcdefghijklmnopDined on 5/10/2014We were a bit disappointed to be honest. The service was friendly, but slow as ever. It took over an hour to get our food and our orders were relatively simple. The food was pretty mediocre. The pickles were so saturated in vinegar that your sinuses could have exploded. The flatbread was dry and overcooked. We had high hopes for the cute simplicity of a nicer tavern environment in Newberg, but I wouldn't come back here.
- SubparPurser26Dined on 5/9/2014Our waitress was snooty and the menu needs more options. It took too long to get the little food we had. We had been in the bar and liked it, but the restaurant was a let down. You didn't even have diet soda?
- Give the new guys a chanceWinecountry2Dined on 5/6/2014We've been wanting to try this newly opened place for a while and finally got by for lunch. It was early, maybe 11:45, so the place was deserted except for one other table of 4, so it seemed a little empty. The service was very casual and barely attentive, not refilling coffee even once at the end of our meal. That said, the food was excellent. The burger my husband ordered was cooked perfectly to his order and delicious, high quality beef. My grilled goat cheese and squash flatbread sandwich was very tasty and the side salads we both had were carefully dressed and a great blend of very fresh bitter greens -- perfect accompaniments to our sandwiches. We will be back to try this place again and hope that the service aspect will be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh local foodTJJMJTVIPDined on 4/24/2014The food was top rate and tasted very fresh. Prepared in a manner to highlight the natural flavors while adding a NW flare. There house pickled vegetables are incredible. I would go back even if they were the only thing on the menu!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodNeighborhoodgroupieDined on 4/24/2014Went for lunch and took longer than we had hoped. With a little improvement in that area for the lunch crowd it will be a great place to go for a g all round experience and excellent meal.Special Features:
- Festive, Fun Brunch!farmerMDined on 4/20/2014My husband & I enjoyed a lovely meal that was delicious, generously proportioned, and a steal! The quality of the food & the hospitality of the staff definitely enriched our Easter holiday together! It was also lovely to unexpectedly see so many of our friends dining there. Nice to have such a locally focused restaurant in our 'hood!Special Features: