120 Cedar Street
New York, NY 10006Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ruchinyc.com/
- Phone: 2122278454
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: We offer catering for all occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Assis Goes 9173623693
A word from Ruchi
Welcome to Ruchi Indian Cuisine. Ruchi Indian Cuisine gives us the perfect opportunity to share our passion for good food and our knowledge of flavors and spices. We try to make our customer feel entirely at home because it is really important to feel relaxed and happy when you are out with friends and family. All our dishes are prepared with care in our kitchen, using the finest ingredients and an authentic combination of spices. Our approach to healthy eating demands that no artificial colors, stock or food additives be used in our dishes. Indeed, all spices are freshly grounded and prepared in our kitchen. We are all dedicated to ensuring you enjoy your meal at Ruchi Indian Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruchi reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Amazing food, I keep going back.IndyDined on 9/25/2014I brought a few co-workers for lunch and they want to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodmahumataDined on 8/9/2014The place was relatively small for group of 7, but it was still manageable. Great service!Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Ruchi reviews archive.
- Food is good but its alwaysAnnaVIPDined on 3/25/2014Food is good but its always packed and staff unfriendly
- Very pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014My friend and I ordered vegetarian dishes-the samosas, tandoori mushroom, baingan bharta and one of the panir entrees (I don't recall which one). All the food was delicious. The service was polite and efficient. The restaurant was quiet enough for us to have a conversation and hear each other easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/7/2014The dishes here are delicious! I've only had all veggie dishes, and have not tried any of the meat dishes. I'm sure it is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Mixed Veg and Non GroupMichaelDined on 12/5/2013Was in town for business from a small mid-western city - staying downtown. Looked for a good place to meet son and dau-in-law who live in Hoboken. She is vegan. I'm easy with that, but like a place where I can have a beer and meat if I want. Most important is a place quiet enough to get in a good visit. Ruchi was perfect. Close to my hotel so I didn't get lost, quiet so we could catch up, lots of menu choices for all, and a very welcoming staff who was attentive but could tell we were in no hurry. The kids were impressed - esp when a large group of their peers: 20-30 something Indians came for supper - good validation I'd say. We lingered two hours. I was a hit for the pick and they have a new place to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great mealjeannebDined on 11/2/2013On a recent Saturday night, we had tickets to a performance at Pace University. My husband is a very finicky eater as well as a vegetarian. Finding a restaurant to his liking in the financial district was a challenge. I stumbled across Ruchi in reviews on Yelp and decided to give it a try. Despite sitting at the foot of the Freedom Tower, the food was excellent and the service extremely attentive and personal. We enjoyed our relaxing meal, followed by a leisurely walk to Pace. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cheap disgraceanonDined on 9/25/2013I ordered an chicken entré for $14 and that gets you the chicken, literally. I had to pay another $14 for rice and another $3 for naan. I understand how an Indian restaurant can charge you for naan but charging you for rice? That's a bit ridiculous and it comes off as cheap. If my review seems exaggerated then let me add a bit more to the fact. The have a lunch special that gives 50% off for North Indian food only. What kind of discriminatory deal is that? I would NEVER come back to this restaurant nor would I recommend it to any of my friends, let alone my Indian friends.
- Worth A Try!FoodsnobDined on 7/29/2013Food was good. Service was erratic! We had multiple servers trying to take our orders. We never knew whether our order was actually taken or not. I despise cilantro and they were accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic IndianskibaumVIPDined on 7/23/2013The food was awesome. The service was very good. It was a hot day, and the air conditioner could have been better. But overall a really great place to go for IndianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMichielVIPDined on 6/15/2013Great place on such a central location. We were expecting a tourist trap, but were pleasantly surprised by the good food and service.Special Features:
- We enjoyed dinner and theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/7/2012We enjoyed dinner and the service was fine. Great location for sure. Only wish I knew why they have a score of "B" by the City. Prior to this we have not dined in a restaurant other than one rated "A".Special Features:
- Great ambiance a bit cramp.ColdfoodDined on 4/19/2012Great ambiance a bit cramp. Food overall was good. The riata could have been thicker. The saag paneer more green.Special Features:
- this ma & pop place boastsebolazaireDined on 4/5/2012this ma & pop place boasts a great selection of indian beers, but that's about it. they will make baby goat vindaloo for you if you request it.
- Food and service are good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/23/2011Food and service are good, but not fancy. The restaurant is small but quite close to the 9/11 Memorial, so if you are there and in the mood for an Indian meal at a reasonable price, stop in.Special Features:
- ShortsightedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/12/2011The foods decent but the service levels and professionalism is sub par. Compared to my visit to Tamarind and Baluchi, we did not order as much but the bill was only $10 less than Baluchi and $23 less than Tamarind. The food is not innovative and as for service- one of my diners was handed an opener along with a bottle of sparkling water. They charge for rice and charged $6 for garnish! I would want to support this seemingly family owned place but I think they think abt the short term- how can we fleece the consumer this one time... I'm going back to Baluchi loyalty for frequent orders.
- Delicious food but take itMaryVIPDined on 9/23/2011Delicious food but take it to go. It's so small in there and gets crowded quickly.