Ruby River Steakhouse - Reno
2750 S Virginia St
Reno, NV 89502Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Ruby River Steakhouse - Reno
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rubyriver.com/
- Phone: 7758274007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Ruby River Steakhouse - Reno
Ruby River Steakhouse is a Utah original, born out of the desire to create the most flavorful steaks west of the Mississippi. Hand-cut in-house daily for freshness, and twenty-one day aged for tenderness; once you’ve dined with us you’ll experience the passion and quality that is Ruby River. We are honored to have been voted Utah’s Best Steak by City Search, City Weekly, and Best of State time and time again. Ruby River offers more than high quality steaks. Customers indulge in tender chicken, fresh seafood, fall-off-the-bone ribs, and mouthwatering desserts all while enjoying a handcrafted soda or gold medal beer from their brewery. It’s the perfect complement to any meal. Ruby River is a laid back style with a country romance. It’s a place to relax with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruby River Steakhouse - Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Ruby River Steakhouse - Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Found GemHenryDined on 9/24/2014Good experience, freindly staff and clean establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak, great serviceCriticalFoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014We'd been to Ruby River some years ago and had a great meal, but rarely thought about going back because it simply wasn't top of mind - and it's not in our neighborhood. Recently, we decided to try it again and were surprised to see that it was busy. After our meal, however, I'm not surprised at all. The atmosphere and theme are decidedly Western, but not over-the-top, and the steak (particularly the Top Sirloin and Ribeye) ranks among the best I've ever tasted. Our server - Doug - was friendly, attentive and always had a smile. We've returned several times since.Special Features:
- Yummy!Tonto44Dined on 9/21/2014We were looking for a good American steakhouse restaurant and we got it here. The rib eye steak was not hard to chew and the burger was nice and juicy. I ordered a bacon burger but asked to replace it with mushroom and I got it that way with no extra charge and with a side of mushrooms. Very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Outback with better meat.ItsallgoodDined on 9/1/2014The experience was far more casual than I expected. We had wanted a little more refined - upscale - experience. But the food was good (lots of fried offerings) large portions (too large for me) and good quality meat. Five of us ordered five different steaks. All were good, and cooked just the way we requested. The peppered new york was the the best. They do something funky with the baked potatoes - some sort of fried crust on the outside that was not to my liking but I just ate around it. Friendly waitress. Fair prices. All in all a good, if a bit casual and cowboy-like, dining experience. Wear your jeans. Come hungry.Special Features:
- The best steaks, reasonable pricesCriticalFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We've been to Ruby River twice in the last month, each visit being a pleasure. Our meals were consistently very good, with our steaks being some of the best we've tasted anywhere in the nation. Combine this with great service, very reasonable pricing, good portions and relaxed atmosphere and it's no wonder this place seems constantly busy after many years of operation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Friendly EmployeesLuvLifeDined on 8/9/2014Always have enjoyed coming here. The food has always been great! The employees are very friendly and very attentive. My family found out about this restaurant from my boyfriend! So glad we found it, this has now become our go to place for a steak dinner evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most amazing steak in RenoRubyriverloverDined on 8/8/2014Ruby River steakhouse is the BEST steakhouse in Reno! BY FAR! There steak is FABULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service even better than the food.renomike1Dined on 7/27/2014Our waitress, Bianca M. was terrific. She really excelled in giving great service without hovering. This is my second time on her station and she's very consistently one of the best in town and we dine out a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Ruby River was recommended by a friend. we came from the Bay Area and were really happy we did! The host was very welcoming and we were seated right away. Our waitress was SUPER!! Her name was Jessica. Lots of menu choices. I had the grilled prawns, cooked perfectly. My partner had ribs. He said they were wonderful and we were sorry not to be able to bring the leftovers home. He also loved the mushrooms. No room for dessert, but the choices looked tempting. Dining at Ruby River was a great experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantWillieDined on 7/22/2014We had dinner several times at Ruby River Steakhouse and have never been disappointed with the meal. The service is excellent - very friendly and accommodating. We always have a wonderful time. The prices for dinner and drinks is excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Steak cooked exceptionally well. Good value. Don't bother booking your table through OpenTable though - Ruby River doesn't accept reservations from them - when you arrive and find that out, it is very frustrating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so good and bad serviceAPS1128Dined on 6/21/2014This is my second time at Ruby River. The first time I went was a year ago. The food was mediocre at best, but the service was good. I gave it a second try this past weekend. The service was terrible, rude and slow. The food was mediocre again. I will not be back!
- The following 12 reviews are from the Ruby River Steakhouse - Reno reviews archive.
- AwsomeBrunetteDined on 5/31/2014This was a small birthday party for my boyfriend and a couple of friends I had not been to Ruby River for a number of years and my boyfriend had never been there. I was just as great this time as previously and my boyfriend was impressed with the service, friendly staff and great food. We will be back again. Thank you for making his birthday perfect.Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in Reno!MommasvetteDined on 5/27/2014Our first visit to the Reno location and we were very impressed. We placed reservations and were seat immediately and was greeted by our server Krirsten right away. We will definitely return next year with our bowling team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks to die for!scgrondinDined on 5/24/2014If you love steak, this is the place for you! Best steaks I've ever had. Cooked to perfection, moist tender and beyond flavorful. This is a great place for just a casual dinner, to take a date who love great food or for a business or special event. There is not one thing bad I can say about it. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of food and service you get. Try it once and you'll be back as often as you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- renoschusDined on 5/23/2014We were a party of five, so we were put at a table for four with an extension that had my husband sitting in the aisle, with patrons and servers walking back and forth behind him. Other than this, we had a pleasant experience. Everyone enjoyed their meal, although the almond crusted halibut I had was unremarkable (no real flavor).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok for what you paymamaloveDined on 5/19/2014I want a steak medium to rare----I ordered a Filet Me--- It was tough and overcookedSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceCarsonkidDined on 5/19/2014The food and service were excellent. They really care about your experience. Steaks were cooked to perfection and you have to try the Jacketed Potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodtimesChangedDined on 5/17/2014This place was recommended by a local I met while at the Peppermill and let me tell you; Ruby River Steakhouse's meat has better flavor than the Peppermill Steakhouse Bimini. IT's a win-win, better pricing, more energetic atmosphere, and a better tasting piece of meat. I would also suggest washing it all down with a Stein filled with your preference of beer. We went here for a B-day party and were not disappointed, will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tycoonVIPDined on 5/17/2014Dinning here was great. We arrived at 4:45 just before the dinner rush. sat immediately and offered peanuts and bread. my wife and I both had steaks and they were cooked perfect. Pricing was excellent and not super expensive. The staff was very nice and prompt. will definitely try again.Special Features:
- Every 2 weeks!JimmyplusNancyDined on 5/16/2014Ruby River has become a bi-weekly event for my wife & I! We can't say enough about the fine quality steaks & the great service! We usually make reservations every 2 weeks to enjoy the best steaks in town! We take in a movie & then cap off the day with a great meal at Ruby River! My favorite is the 20 ounce bone in NY! Super cut! My wife likes the mid size rib eye! Thanks for a fantastic dining experience Ruby River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oooo so gooddates8Dined on 5/8/2014The service was great and the food well it was ooo so good. It was fresh and just right. The only flaw was at the end when I ordered my dessert I was informed that it would be a 20 min wait on it. They did say sorry but it still left me feeling a little disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always amazingLibdawgDined on 4/26/2014The food was great as always. The steak was done perfectly the way I like it. Took my dad there for his first time and he was VERY impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great serviceMofun1Dined on 4/12/2014Visited on a busy weekend and did not feel rushed , staff was great and server provided excellent recommendation. Food quite good and price was very low for quality received.Special Features: