Ruby Foo's - Times Square
1626 Broadway at 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Ruby Foo's - Times Square
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.rubyfoos.com/
- Phone: 2124895600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Tues: 11:30am -10:30pm
Wed-Thurs: 11:30am – 11:00pm
Fri-Sat: 11:30am – 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off-site catering can be accommodated. Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Entertainment: Bring the family for lunch and origami lessons every Sunday from noon - 7pm.
- Special Events: Ruby Foo’s is fun for the whole family, with a range of Pan-Asian dishes perfect for sharing. Rent our semi-private Buddha Room for some privacy in the middle of Times Square pre or post theater.
To inquire about large groups, semi-private dining and full or partial restaurant buyouts please contact our special events team at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Ruby Foo's - Times Square
Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruby Foo's - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (106)kid-friendly (78)special occasion (63)great for lunch (57)fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (38)romantic (28)late-night find (20)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Incredible Service and Yummy FoodMarchbdayDined on 9/20/2014Our service was amazing.....not what I expected for a busy restaurant on Times Square. I changed my reservation from 3 to 4 to 5 and then back to 3 and the folks at the restaurant weren't phased in the least! The bartender explained and served up the smoothest drinks. Try the Ruby Foo! And our waiter was so accommodating....he even gave us directions to the theater. Try the Panko Encrusted Salmon for a treat along with the hot molten choc cake for dessert. YUM! I highly recommend Ruby Foos for your next trip to Times Square. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Great for pre-showOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Great meal pre-broadway. The service was excellent. The price was good and the food was also very good. Perfect for the whole family before the show. The waiter asked which show we were seeing and made sure we were out with plenty of time to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to Ruby Foos?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014This used to be my go-to NYC restaurant. Consistently good. Large menu. Fun. Great interesting food. Now...there is no reason to go to NYC for this! You can get better Asian food anywhere in New Jersey. I went 12:45 on a Saturday. The place was empty. Menu is super limited. Nothing special. Plain ordinary Asian food. Waitress was snotty. Food was "fair" at best. Poor value for the dollar. After frequenting this restaurant a good 25 times, I will not be back.
- After years of going here!Robert1995VIPDined on 9/19/2014This will be my last time the menu has changed a lot and not for the betterSpecial Features:
- Very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Pretty good food, very nice/polite, but extremely slow. Good if you have a lot of time, but not if on a tight schedule.
- BraveheartDined on 9/16/2014Not the great food and service that it use to be. :-(
- Better than I had hoped for.marniemlDined on 9/16/2014I was taking my teen aged daughter to see a play and wanted a cool, non chain-like place to eat with a nice atmosphere. Ruby Foos ended up being the perfect choice. I made an online reservation. We were seated immediately. Our waiter was awesome and very helpful and the food was delicious! We got the shrimp pad thai, the lobster/shrimp spring rolls and a sushi platter that came with the Dragon Roll and 3 pieces of sashimi. The fish was very fresh and I could have eaten 20 of the Dragon rolls, it was so good. The portions were a very good size and I thought the price was very reasonable. We will definitely go back, and I've already recommended it to some friends who are going to see a show in a couple of weeks.Special Features:
- Change can be good...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014We come here periodically (locals), but hadn't been in over 6 months. The menu has changed in the past couple months - less options, and in particular, missing 2 of our favorites - coconut sticky rice and their chocolate cake for dessert. The wait staff was kind, helped us pick new items, and we left with new favorites (coconut rice pudding & banana pudding). The sushi & dumplings are as good as always, just maybe a few less choices. Will still be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Ok food. Fine for a mid-town bite to eat before a show. Great with kids. Stick with dim-sum and sushi; entrees un-exciting.Special Features:
- Pre theaterFrankDined on 9/13/2014Seven of us needed a spot to dine before Book of Mormon. Ruby Foo is half a block away from O'Neill Theater. . It was convenient and did not disappoint. Big round table, lots of dishes, great fun, great service acceptable food. Server asked about our curtain time and made it happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be !SosoDined on 9/13/2014Haven't been here for a while and was disappointed with the change. It's nothing more than a normal Chinese restaurant. Menu choices were limited and not kid friendly. Food was nothing special. My favorite chocolate cake desert is gone!
- LOVE IT - but not a foodie jointAdSmithVIPDined on 9/12/2014I love it here, and I know it's not a foodie joint - I don't care...great food great menu great everything. I always enjoy it. While prices are too high for the food (expense account or skip the extras), I do dig it.Special Features:
- Another great meal in New York!HungryDined on 9/11/2014Great food, friendly service, portions could have been a little bigger. Thanks for the warm cookies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Very good- just a bit disappointment because I thought the food portions were a lot smaller than in previous times I was there. Food was very tasty, restaurant clean and inviting, service was outstanding.Special Features:
- good fooddivadishingDined on 9/5/2014great catch up place with friends or colleagues The service is slow but the appetizers and entrees are very good and have a great varietySpecial Features:
- Great service & great food!Kay600Dined on 9/3/2014We had a really wonderful experience at Ruby Foo's celebrating a birthday and a wedding anniversary, and it was a pre-theater dinner. The service was fabulous: friendly, quick, and they really took care of us with the complimentary drinks and the birthday dessert!! All the dishes we ordered with the recommendation of our waitress (Jessica) were superb as well. We were so happy afterwards! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK at everything, a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014Nothing really stands out, food is OK, service OK, but location is good and our kids (13, 11 and 8) love it.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTimmidtowntimVIPDined on 9/2/2014Enjoyed the both the flavorful cuisine and outstanding service!Special Features:
- Great restaurant for food allergiesBeans2Dined on 8/31/2014if you have food allergies this is the best restaurant to go to. I'm allergic to peanuts,tree nuts and eggs and they were able to accommodate my needs. The waiter assured me that they take food allergies very seriously. The food was delicious! The decor is great! I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedQualitysnobDined on 8/30/2014Very small portions for the price. The pad Thai was good. I wasn't impressed by the sushi, I've had much better. Edamame was old and limp and their miso soup was too watered down. Service was good.
- Great Asian in time squareUrsNYVIPDined on 8/27/2014Had a great dinner with a friend. The pork dumplings were great, the Edamame was ok (could have used more sea salt). Both entrees we ordered were great, wok stir fried chicken and beef Szechuan. Loved the Mochi ice cream for desert, though they only had 2 flavors. Service was sift and friendly. Love the fact that they have a Gluten free menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service but good foodlibrarianDined on 8/26/2014We were seated promptly, and every employee we interacted with was friendly and helpful. The food was decent, some things better than others. We loved the appetizers and desserts. However, some things we'd found on the website were not available and the server said they had changed the menu -- so change the online menu as well!! Our main problem was the speed of service. The place was not very busy, and it was never slow enough to complain about, but everything took longer than it should have (by just a bit) and it all added up -- it took two hours for two of us to have dinner!Special Features:
- Quiet and deliciousWINEnDINEDined on 8/25/2014I came here for a business lunch. When I realized it was in Time Square I was afraid that it would be too loud and busy, but it was perfect! The food was great and they were able to make a vegetarian version of a lot if the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group eventwearytravelerDined on 8/21/2014We used Ruby Foo's for a meeting. It went so well, the servers were so attentive and the food fantastic that we had to try it in a regular setting. They did not disappoint there either. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Waiter was not very good. He took looong delays. Additional appetizers ordered came after main course. They had to be cancelled. Loon delays in between visits. Dinner was almost 2 and a half hours. Overall a very poor experience. Would definitely not recommend if service is important. However food was good.
- Delicious!MsMck50VIPDined on 8/17/2014This was not our first time dining at Ruby Foo's, but it was certainly our most memorable. The service was great, cocktails were wonderful and the food was delicious. Everything about Ruby Foo's was firing on all cylinders! Our next trip to the theatre will include Ruby Foo's!!Special Features:
- Origami!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The gentleman teaching children how to do Origami while waiting for their food is a treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite up to par.diningoutfromCTDined on 8/13/2014We had been about a month ago and had a great experience. I even ordered the same dish--kung pao chicken, but it wasn't nearly as good. However the wonton soup was probably the best I have ever had and everyone else at our table enjoyed their meals. Service was a bit disjointed, with items coming at different times--although that's understandable when ordering different types of food. Our waitress could have enn a bit more attentive as well. Still had fun and enjoyed it--we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014This is a good place to go with kids before the theater. I gave service four stars because the waitress got us to the theater on time. The food was not as good as I remembered, but fine.Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Ruby Foos is a perfect dinner environment - Great food; even better service; and, IT'S QUIET!! Small groups can have a relaxed, normal conversation and hear everyone at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentUnhappydiner25Dined on 8/10/2014I have worked at NBC for 30 years, I retired Dec 2012. I have had lunch there many times back in the mid nineties, the food started to change we stopped eating there. I thought it would be nice to try it again, unfortunately it hasn't change the calamari was like rubber, lettuce wraps were OK just needed iceberg lettuce for making wrap. Prices too high for the quality of the food being served.Special Features:
- I miss the sticky riceLonglivestickyriceDined on 8/10/2014The main reason I went here in the first place was for the coconut sticky rice only to find it was removed from the menu, the server was very nice and suppied the dessert alternative but it wasn't the same and was extremely disappointed. Please bring sticky rice back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotsummer77Dined on 8/9/2014for pre and post theatre--great drinlks, food, atmosphere, serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh....BwaybabyDined on 8/9/2014This was highly recommended to me and I am not sure why. The entre choices were limited, flavorless, dudnt come with rice and was pricey! It is crowded and not fun
- Great!JuiceyDined on 8/8/2014I've been here a few years ago, nice to know everything is still the same and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative AsianDodgersWillVIPDined on 8/7/2014Nice menu. Creative offerings like mushroom lo mein. Portions are small, however. Service is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in exciting areaJeffDined on 8/6/2014Good Asian fusion food, great location in Times Square, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!DinahVIPDined on 8/5/2014We have eaten here numerous times with kids and without, and we are always delighted. At our most recent visit we had Kung pao chicken, chicken pot stickers, and wonton soup. All were delicious. The service could have been a bit more attentive, especially since we dined at 830 on a weeknight when it was relatively light. Overall, however, the food was flavorful, beautifully presented and varied.Special Features:
- great foo dagtjoeDined on 8/5/2014we were going to a show and they made sure that we had plenty of time without feeling rushed. the duck was great the dim sum was enough for two to share I can"t say enough about the experience i wish we had a Ruby Foo's on Long IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...HoochickDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant was not great….food was saturated in sauces….the ambience was poor…whole place needs a face lift…it is showing its AGE and WEAR. Justin, our server, was good and attentive.Special Features: