Ruby Foo's - Times Square
1626 Broadway at 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Ruby Foo's - Times Square
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.rubyfoos.com/
- Phone: 2124895600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Tues: 11:30am -10:30pm
Wed-Thurs: 11:30am – 11:00pm
Fri-Sat: 11:30am – 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off-site catering can be accommodated. Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Entertainment: Bring the family for lunch and origami lessons every Sunday from noon - 7pm.
- Special Events: Ruby Foo’s is fun for the whole family, with a range of Pan-Asian dishes perfect for sharing. Rent our semi-private Buddha Room for some privacy in the middle of Times Square pre or post theater.
To inquire about large groups, semi-private dining and full or partial restaurant buyouts please contact our special events team at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Ruby Foo's - Times Square
Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruby Foo's - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (109)kid-friendly (80)special occasion (67)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (38)romantic (28)late-night find (18)scenic view (16)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The waitress was great - madeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2009The waitress was great - made recommendations, asked about food allergies. Quick service too.Special Features:
- Really great time with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/17/2009Really great time with a group of six people. Sharing food is the way to go.Special Features:
- All of us loved it. It wasNumber1Dined on 4/17/2009All of us loved it. It was a great place to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The food, ambiance, and service were terrific. We would gladly return for dinner and celebrate with fellow New Yorkers or out-of-town visitors.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/17/2009The food was very good but between the lack of follow up service-wise & early clearing of plates, the overall experience was a bit annoying. We were seated quickly (5 ppl), initial service and ordering went well but when we needed to get someone's attention, it was tough. I do not like the trend that I see in certain restaurants of clearing plates quickly (particularly when someone is not asked first if he/she is done) so that some people are left plateless while others are still eating. I find it rude. Working in Rock Center, the restaurant options for business lunches aside from steakhouses & overpriced restaurants are slim, so I would return to Ruby Foos but would probably speak with the server ahead of time to ask to not rush us.
- Ruby foos is good for a clientAmyinthecityVIPDined on 4/17/2009Ruby foos is good for a client lunch to a romantic dinner. I keep going back again and again for the food and the ambiance. And in all the times I've been to ruby foos, I have always had fast, friendly waiters/waitresses without the attitude.Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2009We had a great experience at Ruby Foos. My two boys were very pleased with the kids menus. The appetizers were awesome. I was a little disappointed with my chicken and shrimp pad thai but my wifes Ruby chickens was very good. The service could not be beat. We were not seeing a show on broadway and so the staff adjusted for us and didn't rush us through our meals but we saw others be able to get all their food and make it to their show so I was very impressed.Special Features:
- The food was terrific - andBOATINGFAMILYDined on 4/16/2009The food was terrific - and both my 70-year old mother and my 11-year old son found plenty to appeal to them. Very reasonable and the waiter was helpful in deciding how much we should order. We still ended up with some to take home with us.Special Features:
- My 11 year old granddaughterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2009My 11 year old granddaughter remarked that this is the best restaurant and the best food she's ever had!!!
- The food was not as good asOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2009The food was not as good as I had hoped. The decor was nice, but my boyfriend found it to be too dark. He felt there was too much going on in the menu.Special Features:
- Get there early - it getsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2009Get there early - it gets crowded. Take your time and order a little bit at a time. Hold onto the menu and order a plate of shusi, then wait and maybe some dumplings or more sushi - the wait staff won't mind at all. All food is very fresh and wait staff friendly & willing to help. Price is reasonable but as usual the bar bill can add a lot to your total - for ours it was 40%.Special Features:
- We decided to go to Ruby FoosOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2009We decided to go to Ruby Foos for our family celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary because it was close to the theater we were going to later, and since I had hurt my hip, it was close for me to walk to the theater. We absolutely loved every minute of it. It was good Friday and to say they were crowded, was an understatement....our reservations were at 5:45 and exactly at 5:45 we were seated. We had a wonderfgul waiter which could not have been nicer or more attentive to us, while never feeling rushed. We enjoyed everthing we had to eat and it was a great evening.Special Features:
- Great spot for kids and groups.NancyDined on 4/10/2009Great spot for kids and groups. The food was good, large portions but everything seemed to taste the same. EXCELLENT service. A bit pricey.Special Features:
- I set up a group dinner, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/9/2009I set up a group dinner, which went well- but the price was too pricy for Chinese food, I know it's in the heart of Times Square, but still it's regular Chinese and nothing is displayed special or fancy, nor tastes... Waiters seemed busy, didn't know much about their foods- made a few mistakes in their menu description. A guy served our table was friendly, but other people were not. They took away plates or asked to remove too quickly even though we hadn't finished eating. I think I'd find a better restaurant for grouup dinner in future- but it's a fun set-up, definitely good for tourists.Special Features:
- Attraction was that Ruby Foo'sLovefoodVIPDined on 4/8/2009Attraction was that Ruby Foo's has a gluten free menu. We found that the food was also good and the service very friendly and good.Special Features:
- Love the vegetarian Pad ThaiballetomaneDined on 4/7/2009Love the vegetarian Pad Thai and the endamame hummus starter. Portions are large so we often share and that's no problem. Server was super-friendly and attentive. Very noisy but fine with kids for a pre-theatre meal!Special Features:
- Nice setting, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/7/2009Nice setting, good service. Food was overcooked, bland, with gloppy sauces. Had to ask for hot sauce to give it some flavor. Looks like intended for tourists only.
- Even though it was crowded,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/5/2009Even though it was crowded, the service was great and the food was really terrific - I didn't expect that from a busy place in Times Square! Would go again.Special Features:
- Rare to find a restaurantJaneNYCVIPDined on 4/5/2009Rare to find a restaurant that has great food for adults while also offering a great kids menu. We loved the unusual dim sum and sushi rolls and great cocktails, they loved the dirt pudding with gummy worms for dessert.Special Features:
- This is one of the few familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2009This is one of the few family friendly restaurants right in Times Square. The tables are large and comfortable, and the service is prompt and friendly. Most of the tables we saw had small children, and the waitstaff were exceedingly patient and friendly. The menu has a wide selection of asian fare at reasonable prices, and the food was yummy! This would not be my choice for a romantic night out, but if families with kids are looking for a pre- or post- show venue, this is a real find!Special Features:
- Not only was our dinner terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2009Not only was our dinner terrific but the staff was even better. We originally had 9:30 reservations and found ourselves ready for dinner 90 minutes early (and with two boys). All of the front desk staff were not only friendly and helpful, but accomodated our needs for an earlier time and we were seated by 8:15. We are from Virginia and will continue to eat at Ruby Foo's when in NYC and will now recommend it to everyone we know looking for a good dining spot in the "city". Thanks for a wonderful special evening for our family.Special Features:
- We booked a table at RubyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2009We booked a table at Ruby Foo's for my sister's 60th birthday on a recommendation from a friend. It turned out to be ideal for a group of 8. Portions were generous, cocktails were good and we felt it was very good value. Noisy and busy on a Saturday night. Probably would only go there again for another special occasion, however.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andcigioneDined on 4/3/2009The food was excellent and well priced. My drink was a little weak though but a generous size. I would still go back and probably ask for an additional shot. And I would insist on getting the drink I wanted in the first place - passion fruit margarita vs. a blood orange margarita. (Tasted like the ice had melted in it!) Overall though, I'd go again!Special Features:
- First time at Ruby Foo's.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2009First time at Ruby Foo's. Ambiance was good, food was worse. Definitely not worth the money they charge! Probably would not recommend in the future...
- I really dislike the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2009I really dislike the food at Ruby Foo's and wouldn't have gone had my client not insisted (clearly he is not a foodie). The sauces are gross, gag inducing. I also don't like the gimmicky "pan asian"-ness of it all, the cuisine is just incoherent and bad. This is a tourist trap of the worst order and I'm not surprised the UWS location had to close, since there is a smaller supply of tourists to dupe there. This is a restaurant that insults my intelligence as a diner and while I'll probably be back because of its proximity to my office and the lack of taste of those I dine with, I won't enjoy it and will eat a snack beforehand. I should say, the edamame hummus was suprisingly not bad, and our waitress was quite good.Special Features:
- I didnt think that the resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/1/2009I didnt think that the resturant was felxible with some requests and the food was just ok. I had been there in the past and the food was awesome, this time I felt it was ok.Special Features:
- Always consistently good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/1/2009Always consistently good but wish they had a lunch menu. $75 for 3 people with no alcohol!Special Features:
- We enjoyed a delicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/1/2009We enjoyed a delicious lunch and had excellent service. Clearly, the staff has been trained. The hot and sour soup was a little too "hot" for my taste, but everything else was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/31/2009We had a great experience at Ruby Foo's. I had friends in from out of town and we had to find a place that would have room for eight plus a 2 year old. I actually requested a reservation the day of, but they still had our table ready right on time. The staff was attentive but understood that it was a reunion of sorts and gave us our space. The food was good and the atmosphere was pleasant. I would definately go back again.Special Features:
- We had a great time. The fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2009We had a great time. The fixed price lunch was delicious and the Bloody Marys rocked. Erin, our server, was adorable. A fun lunch prior to the matinee that we were attending.
- We went here with mixed expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2009We went here with mixed expectations. We have been to other BR Guest restaurants and have enjoyed them, but Ruby Foo's location in Times Square did worry us. Our worst fears were realized. The place was packed. Our waitress was un-attentative and acted like she was a prison guard. Whenever we asked a question, she made it seem like we were bothering her. The food was just average, and not worth the price we paid. Every dish came out luke warm. It is now clear why they have closed the UWS location, this is food and service only tourists will eat. If you live in NYC like we do, I recommend you order from your favorite take-out Chinese Food place rather than go to Ruby Foo's. You will save time, money and frustration.
- Very good quality food, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2009Very good quality food, great service and ambiance was warm and friendly. A nice celebration for our family. The prices are also very reasonable. Strong ratings!Special Features:
- From the moment we walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2009From the moment we walked in the door, the staff could not do more for us. Excellent service and delicious food. Going back on Wednesday night with my friends for dinner!!!! Ruby Foos is one of my favorite places to dine when I am in the City.Special Features:
- Lunch was great. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2009Lunch was great. The service was encellent, very attentive. The food was wonderful; each dish we ordered had it's own special flair and we enjoyed everything. And, the dessert was especially delicious. Have been here before and would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Convenient for a quick biteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/27/2009Convenient for a quick bite if you're in the Times Square area, sort of like a TGI Fridays for Asian food. The food is okay and the service is friendly.Special Features:
- As always, food was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/27/2009As always, food was perfect. The addition of a gluten free menu has added to my party's special needs. A candle added to desert for a birthday celebration added to our enjoyment.Special Features:
- The food was good, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2009The food was good, the service was ok, for a busy Times Square location. They offered refills on soda ($3) and iced tea ($4) ... and charged for it! Think refills on soft drinks should be gratis, or at least inform patrons.Special Features:
- The food was quite good. WeHazeDined on 3/26/2009The food was quite good. We ordered way too much food however and could have used a little better guidance from the waitress to understand the menu. Overall we enjoyed our experience however.Special Features:
- I find Ruby Foo's to be aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2009I find Ruby Foo's to be a great "occasion" place. It's upscale without being pretentious, the decor is gorgeous, and don't let the "tourist destination" location deter you: the food is really delicious. Plus, the service is professional, courteous, friendly and very attentive. You will feel like a welcomed guest.Special Features:
- This was probably our 10thOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2009This was probably our 10th visit to Ruby Foos and we were again very pleased with both the service and the food.
- excellent service from arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2009excellent service from arrival through to receiving the check. I included our gluten free requirement on the Open Table reservation and they had the gluten free menu ready on arrival - impressive! Food was really good, table service excellent - will definitely go back