Ruby Foo's - Times Square
1626 Broadway at 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Ruby Foo's - Times Square
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.rubyfoos.com/
- Phone: 2124895600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Tues: 11:30am -10:30pm
Wed-Thurs: 11:30am – 11:00pm
Fri-Sat: 11:30am – 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off-site catering can be accommodated. Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Entertainment: Bring the family for lunch and origami lessons every Sunday from noon - 7pm.
- Special Events: Ruby Foo’s is fun for the whole family, with a range of Pan-Asian dishes perfect for sharing. Rent our semi-private Buddha Room for some privacy in the middle of Times Square pre or post theater.
To inquire about large groups, semi-private dining and full or partial restaurant buyouts please contact our special events team at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Ruby Foo's - Times Square
Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruby Foo's - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (111)kid-friendly (81)special occasion (64)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (42)hot spot (40)romantic (30)late-night find (18)scenic view (15)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice setting, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/7/2009Nice setting, good service. Food was overcooked, bland, with gloppy sauces. Had to ask for hot sauce to give it some flavor. Looks like intended for tourists only.
- Even though it was crowded,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/5/2009Even though it was crowded, the service was great and the food was really terrific - I didn't expect that from a busy place in Times Square! Would go again.Special Features:
- Rare to find a restaurantJaneNYCVIPDined on 4/5/2009Rare to find a restaurant that has great food for adults while also offering a great kids menu. We loved the unusual dim sum and sushi rolls and great cocktails, they loved the dirt pudding with gummy worms for dessert.Special Features:
- This is one of the few familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2009This is one of the few family friendly restaurants right in Times Square. The tables are large and comfortable, and the service is prompt and friendly. Most of the tables we saw had small children, and the waitstaff were exceedingly patient and friendly. The menu has a wide selection of asian fare at reasonable prices, and the food was yummy! This would not be my choice for a romantic night out, but if families with kids are looking for a pre- or post- show venue, this is a real find!Special Features:
- Not only was our dinner terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2009Not only was our dinner terrific but the staff was even better. We originally had 9:30 reservations and found ourselves ready for dinner 90 minutes early (and with two boys). All of the front desk staff were not only friendly and helpful, but accomodated our needs for an earlier time and we were seated by 8:15. We are from Virginia and will continue to eat at Ruby Foo's when in NYC and will now recommend it to everyone we know looking for a good dining spot in the "city". Thanks for a wonderful special evening for our family.Special Features:
- We booked a table at RubyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2009We booked a table at Ruby Foo's for my sister's 60th birthday on a recommendation from a friend. It turned out to be ideal for a group of 8. Portions were generous, cocktails were good and we felt it was very good value. Noisy and busy on a Saturday night. Probably would only go there again for another special occasion, however.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andcigioneDined on 4/3/2009The food was excellent and well priced. My drink was a little weak though but a generous size. I would still go back and probably ask for an additional shot. And I would insist on getting the drink I wanted in the first place - passion fruit margarita vs. a blood orange margarita. (Tasted like the ice had melted in it!) Overall though, I'd go again!Special Features:
- First time at Ruby Foo's.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2009First time at Ruby Foo's. Ambiance was good, food was worse. Definitely not worth the money they charge! Probably would not recommend in the future...
- I really dislike the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2009I really dislike the food at Ruby Foo's and wouldn't have gone had my client not insisted (clearly he is not a foodie). The sauces are gross, gag inducing. I also don't like the gimmicky "pan asian"-ness of it all, the cuisine is just incoherent and bad. This is a tourist trap of the worst order and I'm not surprised the UWS location had to close, since there is a smaller supply of tourists to dupe there. This is a restaurant that insults my intelligence as a diner and while I'll probably be back because of its proximity to my office and the lack of taste of those I dine with, I won't enjoy it and will eat a snack beforehand. I should say, the edamame hummus was suprisingly not bad, and our waitress was quite good.Special Features:
- I didnt think that the resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/1/2009I didnt think that the resturant was felxible with some requests and the food was just ok. I had been there in the past and the food was awesome, this time I felt it was ok.Special Features:
- Always consistently good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/1/2009Always consistently good but wish they had a lunch menu. $75 for 3 people with no alcohol!Special Features:
- We enjoyed a delicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/1/2009We enjoyed a delicious lunch and had excellent service. Clearly, the staff has been trained. The hot and sour soup was a little too "hot" for my taste, but everything else was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/31/2009We had a great experience at Ruby Foo's. I had friends in from out of town and we had to find a place that would have room for eight plus a 2 year old. I actually requested a reservation the day of, but they still had our table ready right on time. The staff was attentive but understood that it was a reunion of sorts and gave us our space. The food was good and the atmosphere was pleasant. I would definately go back again.Special Features:
- We had a great time. The fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2009We had a great time. The fixed price lunch was delicious and the Bloody Marys rocked. Erin, our server, was adorable. A fun lunch prior to the matinee that we were attending.
- We went here with mixed expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2009We went here with mixed expectations. We have been to other BR Guest restaurants and have enjoyed them, but Ruby Foo's location in Times Square did worry us. Our worst fears were realized. The place was packed. Our waitress was un-attentative and acted like she was a prison guard. Whenever we asked a question, she made it seem like we were bothering her. The food was just average, and not worth the price we paid. Every dish came out luke warm. It is now clear why they have closed the UWS location, this is food and service only tourists will eat. If you live in NYC like we do, I recommend you order from your favorite take-out Chinese Food place rather than go to Ruby Foo's. You will save time, money and frustration.
- Very good quality food, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2009Very good quality food, great service and ambiance was warm and friendly. A nice celebration for our family. The prices are also very reasonable. Strong ratings!Special Features:
- From the moment we walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2009From the moment we walked in the door, the staff could not do more for us. Excellent service and delicious food. Going back on Wednesday night with my friends for dinner!!!! Ruby Foos is one of my favorite places to dine when I am in the City.Special Features:
- Lunch was great. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2009Lunch was great. The service was encellent, very attentive. The food was wonderful; each dish we ordered had it's own special flair and we enjoyed everything. And, the dessert was especially delicious. Have been here before and would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Convenient for a quick biteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/27/2009Convenient for a quick bite if you're in the Times Square area, sort of like a TGI Fridays for Asian food. The food is okay and the service is friendly.Special Features:
- As always, food was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/27/2009As always, food was perfect. The addition of a gluten free menu has added to my party's special needs. A candle added to desert for a birthday celebration added to our enjoyment.Special Features:
- The food was good, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2009The food was good, the service was ok, for a busy Times Square location. They offered refills on soda ($3) and iced tea ($4) ... and charged for it! Think refills on soft drinks should be gratis, or at least inform patrons.Special Features:
- The food was quite good. WeHazeDined on 3/26/2009The food was quite good. We ordered way too much food however and could have used a little better guidance from the waitress to understand the menu. Overall we enjoyed our experience however.Special Features:
- I find Ruby Foo's to be aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2009I find Ruby Foo's to be a great "occasion" place. It's upscale without being pretentious, the decor is gorgeous, and don't let the "tourist destination" location deter you: the food is really delicious. Plus, the service is professional, courteous, friendly and very attentive. You will feel like a welcomed guest.Special Features:
- This was probably our 10thOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2009This was probably our 10th visit to Ruby Foos and we were again very pleased with both the service and the food.
- excellent service from arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2009excellent service from arrival through to receiving the check. I included our gluten free requirement on the Open Table reservation and they had the gluten free menu ready on arrival - impressive! Food was really good, table service excellent - will definitely go back
- consistently good. great onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2009consistently good. great on sundays and w/ kids: they have an origami person who sits aside w/ children. fantastic!Special Features:
- It was a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2009It was a wonderful dining experience! I brought a friend for her first time in New York. It was only a few blocks away from our show. The food was excellent and everyone was friendly and energetic! I will defintely be back!Special Features:
- Took some friends from outOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2009Took some friends from out of town, had an amazing time. Staff is all very friendly and attentive. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- 7pm reservation, arrived atOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/20097pm reservation, arrived at 6:45pnm seated at 7:20pm. Extremely crowded and noisy.Special Features:
- As my daughter pointed out,kbnyVIPDined on 3/21/2009As my daughter pointed out, Ruby Foo's is the Chinese version of the Cheesecake Factory
- The food was very good - lotsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2009The food was very good - lots of choices and large portions. It was just very noisy and crowded and service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- I went there with an exhaustedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2009I went there with an exhausted 3 year old and two sisters who weren't that in to non traditional Chinese food and we all LOVED it! The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. We had so much fun and loved the food. We actually all just shared. The food isn't in family style portions, but there was definitely a lot if you just got a few different things. My daughter loved the pb & j pinwheels. They were even accomodating of our stroller. It was great! I would definitely recomend it!Special Features:
- Lunch was great at Ruby Foo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2009Lunch was great at Ruby Foo's and the service from Bob was outstanding. I felt the restaurant could be a little cleaner - and the seats that were part of the booth part of the table needed to be replaced. Sunk all the way down in the seat and it was uncomfortable. CHair was better.Special Features:
- I hate restaurants that bringOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/17/2009I hate restaurants that bring the entree while your still eating the apitizer
- Great restaurant for groups,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2009Great restaurant for groups, with varied menu and choices for all (including vegetarian and vegan). Priced well for all budgets too. However, service varies from superb (the food itself, which comes to the table via runner, and management, which checks with each table as to the quality of your experience) to non-existent (waitstaff -- it took nearly an hour to get more than one "round" of water for a table of 8). In fact, our waiter visited so infrequently, the group passed on dessert entirely.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Ruby Foo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2009We have eaten at Ruby Foo's many times. Each time the food is excellent and unique (the specials are fantastic). Our reservation is always honored promptly and the service is consistently good. The drinks are always well done and the sushi is traditional and tasty.Special Features:
- Music was so loud (and obnoxious)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2009Music was so loud (and obnoxious) in the dining room we could not hear. Will never go back even though the food was good.
- We enjoyed our meal. All foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2009We enjoyed our meal. All food allergy issues were taken seriously and we appreciated it.We also chose it because it was close to the theater we were going to.Special Features:
- i was slightly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/11/2009i was slightly disappointed with our dinner. The menu selection seems to have shrunk. The food was not very hot, and while i've had the same dishes here before, the flavor was sub-par. Beef a little tough, chicken a little chewy.